Texas warn White House...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
State officials in Oregon and Texas are vowing to fight back against any attempt by the federal government to impose new gun control laws.

The warnings come as President Obama prepares to unveil a "comprehensive" plan to address gun violence, based on the recommendations from the Vice President Biden-led task force. The plan is expected to include a call for legislation to ban assault weapons as well as a variety of executive actions.
But in Oregon, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a letter to Biden Monday saying his department will not enforce any new gun laws it considers unconstitutional.

Mueller said politicians are "attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims" by supporting laws that would harm law-abiding Americans. The sheriff said he took an oath to support the Constitution, and laws preventing citizens from owning certain semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines would violate their rights.
"We are Americans," Mueller wrote. "We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws."

Meanwhile, 1200 WOAI reports that in Texas, Republican state Rep. Steve Toth plans to introduce a bill that would make it illegal to enforce in the state any federal laws restricting semi-automatic firearms or the size of gun magazines.
Toth told 1200 WOAI that the bill would also call for felony charges to be brought against federal officials who attempt to enforce any such rules.
"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/ore-sheriff-says-wont-enforce-new-gun-laws/#ixzz2I9dnJ0n4

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
God bless Texas. I'm a Texas native, been here for my 24 years. I like everything but the triple digits we have here so often each Summer. And some of the politicians are RINOs which I don't care for. And criminal justice is whacked.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
When will legislation be en-acted that a victim is not forced to be a continual victim? You car gets stolen and damaged. The thief caught - who get $$$ frist? the government - not the victim. Solomom said of these acts the return to the victim is 7 fold. Jesus said the return is 4 fold. I consider both to be accurate according to the circumstances. Yet the first one to be paid is the government and more often than not... the victim never recovers any damages and if that is available - usually receives less then what the damages are. Got full coverage insurace? Don't expect it to cover you fully... it won't. Though what it should do is pay at least 4 fold and get that repayment from the victimizer.
This government will bleed a family of a victimizer for every penney it can but that $$$ goes to the government and lawyers not the victim. There is victim rights in USA but the right is to remain a victim. I became a victim in 1979 and have never been able to escape that noose, more often than not, being held in the clutches of that hemp by direct acts of the government. Some Justice!