The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day after A&E were created God put the next day aside....what for?....did he need rest.....was he who holds countless worlds and the whole created order throughout the Universe exhausted?.....I don't think so.

you said “did he need rest…was he who holds countless worlds and the whole created order throughout the Universe exhausted? I don’t think so.” First) exhausted makes me think of: coming to an end or can’t continue any further. Depleted. Or used up.

second) what does “rest” mean? For example
Isaiah 18:4 For so the Lord said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

Rest could mean to sleep
Or rest can also mean: upon a place God will take His rest? Can ‘to rest’ also be abode or ‘to abide’? For example…Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Question then being…God may not be exhausted and need rest but does God rest in “that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”? as in “Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will you build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? [50] Has not my hand made all these things? [51] You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do you Acts 7:49-51 …the topic in the verse being resisting the Holy Spirit unlike when Christ come up out of the water and the Holy Spirit come to rest upon him.

Was there any time within the garden where the power of God rested upon Adam and Eve? As the power of God rests upon Christ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But you'd have to agree that it IS a ceremonial Law.
The 7th day Sabbath was never ceremonial. There are other rest days (sabbaths) which are ceremonial.....these are not to be confused with the 7th day rest (which unfortunately they often are in an attempt to invalidate the fourth Commandment)

Reactions: BarneyFife

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was kind of my point.
The Ten are distinguished and separated from the rest of the law, not because they are different and special in some way from the rest of the law, but because 1) God wanted to make sure the Israelites heard Him speaking to Moses, and 2) it's a summary of law sufficient to be easily known and recognized by everyone in the world (think of the laws of other religions). And it's able to quickly make the case for the condemnation of all of mankind. You have to study other religions to know what they teach and believe. But in Judaism the Ten gets a lot accomplished without having to dig into it. So I don't see any special significance of the laws in the Ten other than they are a good summary of God's law to make the case against mankind and be easily known and recognized by the whole world. Mission accomplished.
Moses wrote many commandments but The Ten were written by Gods finger, not Moses. Mixing them up so one can no longer differentiate between them if a clever trick of who do you think?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you said “did he need rest…was he who holds countless worlds and the whole created order throughout the Universe exhausted? I don’t think so.” First) exhausted makes me think of: coming to an end or can’t continue any further. Depleted. Or used up.

second) what does “rest” mean? For example
Isaiah 18:4 For so the Lord said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.

Rest could mean to sleep
Or rest can also mean: upon a place God will take His rest? Can ‘to rest’ also be abode or ‘to abide’? For example…Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Question then being…God may not be exhausted and need rest but does God rest in “that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”? as in “Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will you build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? [50] Has not my hand made all these things? [51] You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do you Acts 7:49-51 …the topic in the verse being resisting the Holy Spirit unlike when Christ come up out of the water and the Holy Spirit come to rest upon him.

Was there any time within the garden where the power of God rested upon Adam and Eve? As the power of God rests upon Christ?
'rest' means relationship without friction.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses wrote many commandments but The Ten were written by Gods finger, not Moses. Mixing them up so one can no longer differentiate between them if a clever trick of who do you think?
The reasons some people are giving for them not being mixed up with the rest is what I see as the clever trick. The Ten are separated from the rest of God's law to serve the purposes I stated, not because they have been set apart for special preservation above all the other laws of God. ALL of God's laws are upheld by faith in Christ (Romans 3:31).

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Mindlessly, huh? How's your foot taste?

Always making claims, every time I see a post of yours, that have zero scripture to back them,

All my posts and Threads are crystal clear to a born again Spirit.

Listen...All my Threads, and many of my posts, use verses, but i dont post them robotically, mindlessly,, and then say....>"see there".
No, im not that heretic. I dont come to Forums to try to debate with spiritually deceived people who have no idea of the Cross of Christ, but can rant endlessly and mindlessly for 40 pages about water, mary, communion, law, enduring to the end, abiding, and similar self righteousness.

What i do, is only teach Pauline Theology, and sometimes i encounter a real seeker, a real bible student, and we enter a place of understanding together...in the Spirit...... that allows them to see verses, and even the NT, with new Light.
See, i was fortunate to be led of the Spirit of God to be called into the ministry long ago....and in this spiritually i become very interested in the Blood of Jesus and how the Eternal Sacrifice of Christ exists as "The Gospel of the Grace of God".
This is "Paul's Gospel".....as He defines it 3x in the NT.
Why did that happen to me? Because that is what God causes in the heart of a person He has designated as a Teacher and as an Evangelist.
Anyone who follows me on forums and of course in life, in classes, etc..... will come to realize that im a teaching evangelist.

Also...... i believe the Bible......Im a Bible Believer.... Im not a Greek Text minion.......so, this means im intimate with Paul's NT doctrine and spiritual principles as found in a BIBLE.....specifically a few, as most are just theological denominational junk, best suited to fill a dumpster.
The worst of these, is the Satanically inspired Douay Rheims version.
This is the Devil's favorite "bible", other than The Satanic Bible written by Anton Szandor LaVey.

And so, listen now... Gen2rev.......notice this verse...>Hebrews 13:9, as this is THE spiritual entrance into the wisdom that The Apostle Paul brings to the body of Christ., and He is the one to follow, regarding learning doctrine and ministry, and discipleship. Or as Paul teaches...>"be a follower of ME.... as i follow Christ".
See, everyone who is actually born again who finds spiritual light...finds it the same way......through that one verse. As that one verse is a MUST DO.
MUST DO
MUST MUST MUST DO.
It tells you that you MUST DO something with your heart, or you will end up, as you know, in a cult.
This will happen, unless you obey what that verse, ...Hebrews 13:9.....tells you to do. And Paul wrote that verse.
Even you Gen2rev, if you are born again.....would be able to begin to understand how the righteousness of God manifests IN and AS the born again believer, if you go to that verse and learn what it means......as you have to do that of course... You have to discern it, and you have to be born again to do that.....otherwise, you're just reading it, and that won't help you.... it will just confuse you, same as the rest of the NT.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Listen...All my Threads, and many of my posts, use verses, but i dont post them robotically, mindlessly, stupidly, and then say....>"see there".
No, im not that heretic. I dont come to Forums to try to debate with spiritually deceived people who have no idea of the Cross of Christ, but can rant endlessly and mindlessly for 40 pages about water, mary, communion, law, enduring to the end, abiding, and similar self righteousness.

What i do, is only teach Pauline Theology, and sometimes i encounter a real seeker, a real bible student, and we enter a place of understanding together...in the Spirit...... that allows them to see verses, and even the NT, with new Light.
See, i was fortunate to be led of the Spirit of God to be called into the ministry long ago....and in this spiritually i become very interested in the Blood of Jesus and how the Eternal Sacrifice of Christ exists as "The Gospel of the Grace of God".
Why did that happen to me? Because that is what God causes in the heart of a person He has designated as a Teacher and as an Evangelist.
Anyone who follows me on forums and of course in life, in classes, etc..... will come to realize that im a teaching evangelist.

Also...... i believe the Bible......Im a Bible Believer.... Im not a Greek Text minion.......so, this means im intimate with Paul's NT doctrine and spiritual principles as found in a BIBLE.....specifically a few, as most are just theological denominational junk, best suited to fill a dumpster.
This is the Devil's favorite "bible", other than The Satanic Bible written by Anton Szandor LaVey.

And so, listen now... Gen2rev.......notice this verse...>Hebrews 13:9, as this is THE spiritual entrance into the wisdom that The Apostle Paul brings to the body of Christ., and He is the one to follow, regarding learning doctrine and ministry, and discipleship. Or as Paul teaches...>"be a follower of ME.... as i follow Christ".
See, everyone who is actually born again who finds spiritual light...finds it the same way......through that one verse. As that one verse is a MUST DO.
MUST DO
MUST MUST MUST DO.
It tells you that you MUST DO something with your heart, or you will end up, as you know, in a cult.
This will happen, unless you obey what that verse, ...Hebrews 13:9.....tells you to do. And Paul wrote that verse.
Even you Gen2rev, if you are born again.....would be able to begin to understand how the righteousness of God manifests IN and AS the born again believer, if you go to that verse and learn what it means......as you have to do that of course... You have to discern it, and you have to be born again to do that.....otherwise, you're just reading it, and that won't help you.... it will just confuse you, same as the rest of the NT.
testimony to yourself Behold, does not speak well of you!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the argument for a corrupted Sabbath would be difficult to establish at all. It was corrupted all through Hebrew history as were many of the instruction given to them.
The corruption in Jewish understanding of the things of God reached its zenith when they killed the very one who came to rescue them.

The corruption of Judaism is an easy argument to make, since even the Lord Himself testified that they were adding to the word of God. But the corruption of the word itself is a tougher argument to make, for it implies that the God of Heaven and Earth was (and is) not able to prevent it.

If we accept the premise that He is not able to prevent corruption of His word, then He is not the Most High God, and whatever god was able to likely is.

But out of curiosity, send me some links on corruption of the sabbath from the SDA point of view. I'd be glad to read it. I could use some interesting information right now. I have very little going on.

God bless,
- H

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Ten are separated from the rest of God's law to serve the purposes I stated, not because they have been set apart for special preservation above all the other laws of God.
You are seriously mistaken. Only the Ten Commandments were written on tablets of stone WITH THE FINGER OF GOD. Not once but TWICE. And God commanded that the second set of tablets be preserved within the Ark of the Covenant. If that does not make them special, then you do not understand the word "special".

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Sabbath keeper?
I agree with you that it's within the 10 commandments.
But you'd have to agree that it IS a ceremonial Law.

Cassandra is Seventh Day Adventist, and a very nice person like yourself. :cool:

She posts great pictures of ferrets, so I take her doctrines in stride. It's what you'd call a trade off.

cat8.gif

Reactions: GodsGrace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'rest' means relationship without friction.
That could be one meaning (if you think of Newton's Laws of Physics). But there are other meanings to "rest", some physical and some emotional and spiritual. But rest is only one part of the equation. The other is works (and work). Without work, rest is meaningless. And without rest work suffers. Jesus said that the Sabbath was for good works, and He demonstrated this by healing on Sabbath days.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
testimony to yourself Behold, does not speak well of you!

You analyzed the post from the wrong point of View., so that is why you ignored all the good teaching,.. as usual..... and only heard me describe my call.

If you feel that God does not call people into a ministry, and if he does, we are not to mention it, then you would be, again, not well informed regarding the bible, or Christianity.

See, "testimony" is very important.
As a matter of fact we overcome the devil and the world, by the word of our testimony, our faith, the armor of God, and the word of God.

Imagine this.....quietthinker.
Imagine if id said this... about myself....>"an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God"...

Well, i didnt.....I said im an "evangelist teacher" by the will of God.

So, if you are born again, you'll meet Paul, and you can tell him to his face that what He wrote about Himself in the NT that Paul mostly wrote, about 95%...'" does not speak well of him.""
I'd let you say it to my face, but you are instead, hiding behind an internet screen.
Maybe one day, you'll meet me in person, and then you can say all you like, and we can find out together, how that will end up for you.
Works for me.

till then, rave on.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reasons some people are giving for them not being mixed up with the rest is what I see as the clever trick. The Ten are separated from the rest of God's law to serve the purposes I stated, not because they have been set apart for special preservation above all the other laws of God. ALL of God's laws are upheld by faith in Christ (Romans 3:31).
What happened is that in the mid-20th century, evangelical scholars finally realized that there is no scriptural foundation for Sunday-sacredness so, rather than reform by keeping the genuine Sabbath, they devised a plan to disavow the law entirely. It took a while to catch on, but it is now firmly entrenched in mainstream non-Catholic Christianity.

Try finding a pre-1950 treatise on Decalogue abrogation. But, first, pack a lunch and pitch a tent--you're gonna be a while.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it is done out of obligation as opposed to ones heart being drawn out for relationship.
I didn't marry out of obligation. The Sabbath was made for us by God. And is a sacred obligation that reflects and embraces relationship.
God, the creator and sustainer of creation set a period of rest from worldly obligations. And while Christ is our rest every moment , I believe Sabbath is a time where we can live the peace of our one on one relationship with God and without our lives unique daily distractions interrupting as happens during the rest of the week.

For example, I can meditate and pray before work and feel the armor of God fitted snuggly about my person. And when I open the door and go to the car to begin my day, I am now focused on that next task, and those all consuming hours ahead as I make my daily living.

While on Sabbath I can awaken when I want to, take a bath and relax and even make it a cleansing rite at the start of Sabbath.

I have all those hours where it is just me and God at home together. And nothing interrupts our one on one. It's we time.
Because while I know God is always with me every moment of every day, shutting out the world and visiting together is special. And empowering.

That's not obligatory. That's a precious gift.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen...All my Threads, and many of my posts, use verses, but i dont post them robotically, mindlessly,, and then say....>"see there".

MUST DO
MUST MUST MUST DO.
Trouble is, zoning in on a verse or a single inspired writer causes confusion (literally no one admits that Paul writes things that are hard to understand-- 2 Peter 3:16). Basically there are two gospels out there: Babylonian confusion; and the Everlasting Gospel, which, even a little child can understand.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you guys have pooled your minds and still do not get it. I guess I could say, "Welcome to the proud crowd." LOL
People have a tendency to study like peeling an apple. Only knowing that thin little bit.

Remember the Y2K scare....the end of time....the return of Christ....expected 2000 years after Christ's birth. LOL

If is common knowledge that the Gregorian Calendar is about 5 to 6 years off. How did Christians miss this? It is how they study.

We know that Herod the Great died in March of 4BC. We know what he died of. We know of the name and history of his successor. Josephus records that Herod died between an eclipse of the Moon (usually taken to be that of 4 BC March 12-13)

Now for the story of the Christ's birth and him being back home on Nazareth and the Magi to going to his home and their journey to Egypt and the murder of innocents....this all has to happen before his death, probably before he became ill.

So people should have calculated the time to be 1994-1995, but people do not study that deep.

There is only one set of Laws that God called the Ten Commandments. There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Be sure to observe what I command you this day...

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God said, Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel. And they are not in chapter 20 of Exodus.

There is only one set of Ten Commandments that God told Moses to write on the two Tablets of the Testimony.

So he (Moses) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

And you guys are not even discussing the actual Ten Commandments.

I see this over and over again....you do not study the Bible as much as popular beliefs.
Something I note about your posts.

Condescension, arrogance, and impatience with those to whom you reply. Because they don't see things your way.

Have you ever taken a momEnt to consider you may be wrong?

Reactions: GEN2REV
Status
Not open for further replies.