The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mahhh, I chill...at home, at the beach and with whoever wants to join me. Sometimes I'll visit or take the bike out. The last months I've been joining in here, a study; runs for 90 minutes. A handful of people, straight shooters and no frills....please come in and participate.
Zoom ID 403 506 9201 ...no password required.
Friday 7.30pm mountain standard time (Canada time)

Universalism!..No No, not universalism. All are saved but not all will be saved.....can you get your head around that one?
Any format or rules or moderation or preset topics or anything else? I might give it a try if that would be OK?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any format or rules or moderation or preset topics or anything else? I might give it a try if that would be OK?
Please come in Amadeus.
Re formats..... generally its a look at a book in scripture but it's flexible....depending on questions that arise...which by the way are welcome.
No rules as such. We are respectful and give each other a hearing.
The folks are seekers which by its very nature gives rise to its own life.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please come in Amadeus.
Re formats..... generally its a look at a book in scripture but it's flexible....depending on questions that arise...which by the way are welcome.
No rules as such. We are respectful and give each other a hearing.
The folks are seekers which by its very nature gives rise to its own life.
Wait and see. It's this evening and without knowing ahead of time I may not be able... If not, I will definitely try for next week...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wait and see. It's this evening and without knowing ahead of time I may not be able... If not, I will definitely try for next week...
We also get together on your Thursday at 7.30pm and your Monday 8.30pm.
If you can't make it your Friday ie, tonight, see you when you can.

Reactions: amadeus

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctrine is solid. The problem is you believe in the Old Covenant, and just add Jesus, but not His gospel. The New Covenant has all the commandments, but are deeper to the heart. You can only comprehend the letter and Jesus as a man, but are clueless when it comes to the deeper spiritual understanding.

14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Jesus' gospel is based on law. Contrary to what most "Christians" believe, the gospel is about the soon-coming Kingdom of God(Mar. 1:14-15), not Jesus Himself. Every government is based on law, and God's government is no different. Prophecies like Isa. 2:2-4 shows God's laws existing in the Millennium, and other prophecies like Zech. 14:16-19 and Psa. 2:9 shows Jesus enforcing those laws with an iron fist.

The world isn't going to be a utopia because Jesus will snap His fingers and magically make everybody get along. It's going to be a utopia because people will be made to give God the service they owe Him. The only choices anyone will have in the matter is whether or not they opt to learn this lesson the easy way or the hard way. That includes people who are currently pretending to be Christians. When it's all said and done, the only beings who will exist in God's Kingdom beyond the Millennium are the people who have learned to submit to God's laws.

Reactions: GEN2REV

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's God's department.

This thread's about the 10 Commandments still being relevant for True Christians.

GEN,

I'm talking about one of the Ten Commandments.

What's God's punishment for those who don't honor their parents but disobey them?

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear (Deut 21:18-21 ESV).​

Do you promote this punishment in your church and to Christians on this forum?

Oz

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN,

I'm talking about one of the Ten Commandments.

What's God's punishment for those who don't honor their parents but disobey them?

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear (Deut 21:18-21 ESV).​

Do you promote this punishment in your church and to Christians on this forum?

Oz

God has told us in the OT what the punishments are for disobeying the Ten Commandments but you don't want to listen. When will your deaf ear begin to hear again?

Oz
What your "deaf ear" aint hearin is that the punishment of any sins is God's Department.

Take a number.
s-l300.jpg

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already told us what the OT punishment for sins is. We are blessed that there is no more capital punishment for disobedient children because Christians live under the New Covenant.
Well, ... that's debatable.

Did the world become a better place when all those children who were obviously evil - even to their own parents - were allowed to live and procreate for thousands of years?

kristen-bell-nah.gif

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has told us in the OT what the punishments are for disobeying the Ten Commandments but you don't want to listen. When will your deaf ear begin to hear again?

Oz

Wasn't that when Israel was ruled by a theocracy?

"When will your deaf ear begin to hear again ?" is a pretty snotz thing to say.

So, do you think it is sinful to lie, commit adultery, steal, take God's name in vain, worship idols, or to dishonor parents?

And what's up with this? Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;"

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're dishing up a red herring.
How's it taste?

No, I'm actually just responding directly to what you claimed.

No 'Argument B' from me.

1. Argument A (Your argument): We're blessed that children aren't stoned for being evil anymore.

2. Response to Argument A (From me): That is debatable.

Normal stimulus and response discussion. No trickery.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that the veil is what those people wear on their hearts that don't see that the 10 Commandments were always valid and never repealed by God or any scripture.

That'd be why Jesus obeyed them as an example to us, and why His disciples and followers did as well. Those who actually wrote those very words in scripture had the veil lifted from their hearts so they could see the Truth of God's Word.

The Law of Liberty is made plainly to be the 10 Commandments in scripture.
James 2:12
James 1:25
Psalms 19:7

No, the veil blinds you to the New Covenant. The verses before 2 Cor. 3:14-17 is talking about the superiority of the New Covenant over the Old Covenant, but those who argue that the Old Covenant is still valid, are blind to how the New Covenant replaces the old, because the New is deeper and consumes the letter of the law, and all that is left is the Spirit of the law, the true depth of meaning.

The veil also blinds you to the fact that the verses before James 2:12 was the Old Covenant laws, and the law of liberty is what replaced it - the New Covenant that liberates us from sin completely, liberating us from the need for the written laws on stone, because the deeper laws of Love are written on our hearts and conscience. Not the Ten Commandments, but to "Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself." 1 John 3:23. Therefore we do not sin, the whole reason for the written law. Of course people who are not born again and still struggle with sin, need the old laws because their nature is still sinful and they need guidance and are judged by the Law.

And James 1:25 again is talking about the law of liberty - the New Covenant - not the Ten Commandments. Again the veil.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Apologies for the time error. Here is the correction John:- Mountain time
  • Monday 7.30pm
  • Thursday 6.30pm
  • Friday 6.30pm

I'd love to be able to talk to you in person, but I'm not equipped. I don't have a cell phone, and my computer monitor doesn't have a camera - thank goodness!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to live out 2022 believing that?

What will tell me if this is the beginning of the GT is whether the Antichrist is revealed and Christians start to be persecuted by the beast as one of the first things to happen, then I can continue to witness to unbelieving gentiles, and not just to Jews. Also I will know that the asteroid will be a near miss and will not hit the earth in April 2029.

Reactions: Abigail

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' gospel is based on law. Contrary to what most "Christians" believe, the gospel is about the soon-coming Kingdom of God(Mar. 1:14-15), not Jesus Himself. Every government is based on law, and God's government is no different. Prophecies like Isa. 2:2-4 shows God's laws existing in the Millennium, and other prophecies like Zech. 14:16-19 and Psa. 2:9 shows Jesus enforcing those laws with an iron fist.

The world isn't going to be a utopia because Jesus will snap His fingers and magically make everybody get along. It's going to be a utopia because people will be made to give God the service they owe Him. The only choices anyone will have in the matter is whether or not they opt to learn this lesson the easy way or the hard way. That includes people who are currently pretending to be Christians. When it's all said and done, the only beings who will exist in God's Kingdom beyond the Millennium are the people who have learned to submit to God's laws.

The Old Covenant Ten Commandments are in effect for sinners and they will be judged by them. But born again Christians are not sinners. Get it? We are under the laws that Jesus taught. To believe in Him, abide in Him and He in us, and love one another empowered by the Holy Spirit of Christ. His divine power is grace, and by His grace we are righteous and holy. We will rule with Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd love to be able to talk to you in person, but I'm not equipped. I don't have a cell phone, and my computer monitor doesn't have a camera - thank goodness!
oh yes...I think you mentioned that before which I'd forgotten. Well, you could always just hop on a flight and come by....I promise, I won't make you walk from the airport.
I could catch a fish and we could pow wow over dinner......whadya say?

Status
Not open for further replies.