The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sunday was never designated as the Lord's Day in Scripture. It was supposedly made that to commemorate the Resurrection. But Jesus never told us to commemorate His resurrection, only His death.
This is TOTAL NONSENSE Cassandra. One could even call it Fake News!

1. The Sabbath is NEVER designated as "the Lord's Day". And "the day of the LORD" is not the same thing, since that is a period of divine wrath. but John was "in the Spirit" on the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10). He was worshipping on the Lord's Day.

2. The Christians to whom John was writing clearly understood the Lord's Day to be the day of Christian worship -- the first day of the week -- later on called "Sunday" (or the day of the sun). In the 2nd century Justin Martyr confirmed that this was the day for Christian worship and good works. And it has been so ever since. Modern Sabbatarianism is an anomaly, since only unsaved Jews observe the 7th day Shabbat.

3. The Lord's Supper was also observed on the Lord's Day at the Lord's Table. And the Lord's Supper commemorates not only the offering of the body and blood of Christ on the cross, but also His resurrection (implied), and His second Coming (stated). For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. (1 Cor 11:26)

4. When Christ waited for exactly eight days before appearing to Thomas in order to elicit his worship, He made the Lord's Day a day for commemorating His resurrection:
And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (John 20:26)

Christ could have appeared to Thomas the very next day after the day of resurrection, but He was teaching His apostles a lesson. Therefore the apostolic churches observed the first day of the week as the Christian Sabbath -- a day not only for rest but for worship and good works.

Reactions: OzSpen
Feb 1, 2022
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick,

Jesus and I have to blatantly correct you concerning your post #1397!!!

YOUR WRONGFUL QUOTE: "So, you see how once you go back to the time of the OT and the law of Moses, then you lose all credibility for teaching law of Christ in the NT."

Your erroneous statement of the Laws of Moses is to be corrected, because they are Jesus' laws as Yahweh God incarnate, and NOT Moses' laws! Jesus wrote the commandments for Moses on tablets, and are shown within the scriptures by two other means. Moses was only the deliverer of said commandments written from Jesus from Mount Sinai, remember?! :(

Furthermore, your Bible knowledge goes severely wanting because we are still under the 10 commandments to this day, in their being three different versions within the scriptures. This is simply because of the following words of Jesus herewith: "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

Therefore, at the time of Jesus, He likened the continuance of the 10 Commandments to the permanence of heaven and earth as shown in the passage above. Question: has heaven and earth passed away yet, NO THEY HAVE NOT! The "fulfilled" part of Matthew 5:18 and the permanence of heaven and earth passing away, is described in this passage: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare” (2 Peter 3:10)

Therefore, when Jesus said that not "one jot or tittle will pass from the Old Testament Laws" till heaven and earth do pass away, as described in 2 Peter 3:10, is the prerequisite to not having to follow the Old Testament laws anymore, get it? Therefore, when Jesus arrives at His 2nd coming when heaven and earth do pass away, which has not happened yet, is when we are not under the Old Testament Laws!!!

YOUR ADDITIONAL QUOTE THAT IT NOT CORRECT: "Which is obvious, because you can't quote one where we are commanded to keep the Sabbath day, even as we are commanded to honor our mother and father ...."

Please make yourself aware of this following passage so as for you to not stumble again like you did in your quote above relative to we are commanded to keep the Sabbath Day stated by JESUS herewith: "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day." (Deuteronomy 5:15)

Robert Derrick, seriously, for your own good in front of the membership and Jesus, you should really study the Bible before you make Jesus look like a fool again. :(

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111,

YOUR EMBARRASSING AND ERRONIOUS QUOTE: "The Sabbath is NEVER designated as "the Lord's Day".

In prayer with Jesus, He told me to correct you upon what you thought you knew, but didn't, concerning your wrongful statement shown above!

"But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou." (Deuteronomy 5:14)

Barring the biblical axioms of what "Not To Do" upon the Sabbath Day as described therein in the passage above, and as explicitly shown, the Sabbath Day IS DESIGNATED AS THE "LORD'S DAY" which made you wrong in your statement above in front of the membership and Jesus the Christ!!! (Hebrews 4:13)

I will pray for you to be enlightened more relative to the Judeo-Christian Bible in the future. :(

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you not see where I wrote that those who are not born again, sin, #1419. And sinners are judged according to the Ten Commandments? It is only those who do not sin by the power of God's grace who are NOT UNDER THE LAW. We are under a deeper law written on our hearts.

Some of you are quoting James 2:12 about the law of liberty which is the predecessor to the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments is the Old Covenant; and the law of liberty, the ministry of the Spirit is the New Covenant. They don't seem to realize that those who are judged by the law of liberty is a harsher judgment, because we who are born of God must become perfect. Whereas in the Ten Commandments one couldn't murder, but you could hate and not break any laws. But if a born again Christian hates his brother, we have broken the law of liberty. You see Jesus came for a Bride without spot or wrinkle.
Yeah i saw it. It was nonsense when you first argued it, and it's still a load of nonsense after you chose to double down on making the same illogical argument. This is a prime example of Paul's warning to Timothy when he talked about being wary of ignorant and uneducated ppl trying to educate others on matter of biblical law.
This is TOTAL NONSENSE Cassandra. One could even call it Fake News!

1. The Sabbath is NEVER designated as "the Lord's Day". And "the day of the LORD" is not the same thing, since that is a period of divine wrath. but John was "in the Spirit" on the Lord's Day (Rev 1:10). He was worshipping on the Lord's Day.
Jesus literally called Himself the Lord of the Sabbath in Mar. 2. That means the Sabbath is His day, and has always been His day since Gen. 2:1-3!

This post of yours' prove why antinomians are spiritual Democrats: they hate law, they think they're above the law, they slander the people who believe that no one is above the law, and they view the law as something that has to be circumvented or completely ignored if it inconveniences them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick,

Jesus and I have to blatantly correct you concerning your post #1397!!!

YOUR WRONGFUL QUOTE: "So, you see how once you go back to the time of the OT and the law of Moses, then you lose all credibility for teaching law of Christ in the NT."

Your erroneous statement of the Laws of Moses is to be corrected, because they are Jesus' laws as Yahweh God incarnate, and NOT Moses' laws! Jesus wrote the commandments for Moses on tablets, and are shown within the scriptures by two other means. Moses was only the deliverer of said commandments written from Jesus from Mount Sinai, remember?! :(

Furthermore, your Bible knowledge goes severely wanting because we are still under the 10 commandments to this day, in their being three different versions within the scriptures. This is simply because of the following words of Jesus herewith: "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

Therefore, at the time of Jesus, He likened the continuance of the 10 Commandments to the permanence of heaven and earth as shown in the passage above. Question: has heaven and earth passed away yet, NO THEY HAVE NOT! The "fulfilled" part of Matthew 5:18 and the permanence of heaven and earth passing away, is described in this passage: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare” (2 Peter 3:10)

Therefore, when Jesus said that not "one jot or tittle will pass from the Old Testament Laws" till heaven and earth do pass away, as described in 2 Peter 3:10, is the prerequisite to not having to follow the Old Testament laws anymore, get it? Therefore, when Jesus arrives at His 2nd coming when heaven and earth do pass away, which has not happened yet, is when we are not under the Old Testament Laws!!!

YOUR ADDITIONAL QUOTE THAT IT NOT CORRECT: "Which is obvious, because you can't quote one where we are commanded to keep the Sabbath day, even as we are commanded to honor our mother and father ...."

Please make yourself aware of this following passage so as for you to not stumble again like you did in your quote above relative to we are commanded to keep the Sabbath Day stated by JESUS herewith: "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day." (Deuteronomy 5:15)

Robert Derrick, seriously, for your own good in front of the membership and Jesus, you should really study the Bible before you make Jesus look like a fool again. :(
Your erroneous statement of the Laws of Moses is to be corrected, Because they are Jesus' laws as Yahweh God incarnate, and NOT Moses' laws!

As Moses the servant of the LORD commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses.

And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses.

Remember ye the law of Moses my servant.

Scripture calls it the law of Moses, and so do I.

Nevertheless, it was done away with the First Testament, which is now called in Scripture the old Testament, because it is dead and gone, along with the law of Moses.

Moses was only the deliverer of said commandments written from Jesus from Mount Sinai, remember?!

Yes, the anointed Word and Christ was the God of Israel, the LORD Yehovah, that gave the law to Moses both on the mount and in the tabernacle of the wilderness. Both the tables of stone that Moses made and wrote upon, and the book of the law written by him in the tabernacle were placed inside the ark of testimony, which were done away with the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the risen God of Israel.

Furthermore, your Bible knowledge goes severely wanting because we are still under the 10 commandments to this day.

So you say, but not Scripture. Only 9 of them are written in the Scriptures of the apostles for Christians to obey. You need to read the doctrine of Christ in the new covenant see them there.

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

Jesus fulfilled the law in the days of His flesh, and now the law of God is changed from that of Moses to that of Christ.

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

He likened the continuance of the 10 Commandments to the permanence of heaven and earth as shown in the passage above.

He likened the law of Moses to it, of which the ten commandments were but a part thereof.

God's law is one law, one whole law altogether righteous and true. It is not divided into 'parts'. Carnal minded men such as yourself do that, not the Spirit of Christ.

Question: has heaven and earth passed away yet, NO THEY HAVE NOT!

Actually, while Christ was in the lower parts of the earth after departing from the cross, there was no more heaven of stars for Him to see, and He was not ruling them by His power, but rather the Father in heaven was doing so.

So the prophecy of Scripture was fulfilled for Him to nullify the covenant of old, that the children of Israel broke asunder when they had the God of Israel crucified on a cross.

Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant.

At this time, the natural seed that still read the Scriptures with the vail of Moses blinding them to Christ, have no promise of God confirmed in Christ.

You need to take the vail of Moses away from your eyes also, and learn to read the Scriptures of the apostles, if you want to be a Christian in deed and in truth, and not some quasi-hybrid of old Jew and New Christian.

No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.

Therefore, when Jesus said that not "one jot or tittle will pass from the Old Testament Laws" till heaven and earth do pass away.

Have at it. Keep all the law of Moses you like. But, if you are doing so as a matter of faith to be justified with Christ, then you will of course fail to keep it all.

Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.

Stated by JESUS herewith: "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day."

As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you.

You need to be saved by Jesus in His new covenant, and stop trying to be some Israelite of old. But, you want your sabbath, and so you've got it. Have at it. It doesn't matter to me. That's your business, not mine. Nor the Lord's.

Robert Derrick, seriously, for your own good in front of the membership and Jesus, you should really study the Bible before you make Jesus look like a fool again.

The only one making a fool of himself here is you.

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

P.s. Exclamation points and underlining words doesn't making something true.

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the term 'Christian' mean, Rob?

No, the thread is about the 10 Commandments, just as the OP makes plain. The reason people keep arguing about/against the Sabbath is because it is the only Commandment Christians refuse to accept of the 10.

I have repeatedly steered this thread away from long-term Sabbath debates and back to the 10 Commandments. The Truth that the Commandments were never repealed by God, and nowhere in scripture, proves the significance of the Sabbath automatically. No need to make this thread yet another Sabbath thread. I have proven the fact that the Commandments of God are still now, always have been, and always will be in effect for all those who love God and will receive Salvation. I've proven it over and over throughout the 70 pages of this thread.

The arguments that people keep bringing up have been addressed repeatedly here. There are no new angles to debate that haven't been hashed out over and over. If someone is honest, they can find the Truth of the matter to be proven repeatedly throughout the pages of this thread.
The reason people keep arguing about/against the Sabbath is because it is the only Commandment Christians refuse to accept of the 10.

Because it's the only one not commanded by the apostles, nor written in their doctrine.

Your keeping of it as it were by law of Christ is as foolish as circumcision of the flesh as by commandment.

The Truth that the Commandments were never repealed by God, and nowhere in scripture, proves the significance of the Sabbath automatically.

Your separation of the commandments of God in the law of Moses, from the rest of the law is your personal choice.

The Truth that the Commandments were never repealed by God.

The law of Moses was done away and was wholly changed to the law and doctrine of Christ, which is found in Scriptures of the apostles.

I see you made no response to all the work forbidden to your sabbath keepers.

No sabbath keepers in the world to day can be: politicians. Police. Military. Firemen. Emergency responders of any sort. Surgeons. Emergency room providers, etc...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111,

YOUR EMBARRASSING AND ERRONIOUS QUOTE: "The Sabbath is NEVER designated as "the Lord's Day".

In prayer with Jesus, He told me to correct you upon what you thought you knew, but didn't, concerning your wrongful statement shown above!

"But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou." (Deuteronomy 5:14)

Barring the biblical axioms of what "Not To Do" upon the Sabbath Day as described therein in the passage above, and as explicitly shown, the Sabbath Day IS DESIGNATED AS THE "LORD'S DAY" which made you wrong in your statement above in front of the membership and Jesus the Christ!!! (Hebrews 4:13)

I will pray for you to be enlightened more relative to the Judeo-Christian Bible in the future. :(

They that keep one point of the law of Moses must keep all, and they that offend in one point of the law of Moses, offend all.

Anyone keeping the law Moses will never be justified with Jesus Christ, even if they offend not in any point at all, including keeping the sabbath of the law, because the law of Moses is no longer the law of God, neither is that first covenant His covenant with His people.

It is the law of Christ that Christians love to keep from the heart.

Judeo-Christian Bible.

The Bible is the book of the law of God, which was changed from that of Moses to that of Christ at His resurrection.

Wanna-be Jews still reading the Scriptures of God with the vail of Moses and seeking righteousness by the law of Moses, are still blindly seeking to establish their own righteousness instead of the righteousness of God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah i saw it. It was nonsense when you first argued it, and it's still a load of nonsense after you chose to double down on making the same illogical argument. This is a prime example of Paul's warning to Timothy when he talked about being wary of ignorant and uneducated ppl trying to educate others on matter of biblical law.

May I ask if you are in a Christian denomination? If you claim to be, which one?

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus literally called Himself the Lord of the Sabbath in Mar. 2. That means the Sabbath is His day, and has always been His day since Gen. 2:1-3!

This post of yours' prove why antinomians are spiritual Democrats: they hate law, they think they're above the law, they slander the people who believe that no one is above the law, and they view the law as something that has to be circumvented or completely ignored if it inconveniences them.

Don't you know that you may be keeping the Ten Commandments to a T, but you broke every commandment of Jesus? Because anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ inside them to love one another, you just don't belong to Him. You can know everything there is to know about Jesus, even the demons know that much, but if He doesn't live inside you to be kind, you are not abiding in Christ. What you need, brother, is the baptism of the Holy Spirit in these last days in order to grow before the end. Otherwise, Jesus will tell you he never knew you at all.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you know that you may be keeping the Ten Commandments to a T, but you broke every commandment of Jesus? Because anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ inside them to love one another, you just don't belong to Him. You can know everything there is to know about Jesus, even the demons know that much, but if He doesn't live inside you to be kind, you are not abiding in Christ. What you need, brother, is the baptism of the Holy Spirit in these last days in order to grow before the end. Otherwise, Jesus will tell you he never knew you at all.
It's not necessary to be nice to be a Christian, after all, both the Baptist and Jesus identified their adversaries in the Scriptures as all manner of evil things. Paul also pronounced curses on certain hinderers of the faith.

However, you are correct about keeping all the law blameless and being fallen from grace, by doing so without the faith of Jesus in the heart.

The error of sabbath-keeping is the same as that of circumcision of the flesh: to do so as it were by law of Christ.

Neither of them are written by the apostles as by commandment of the Lord given to His church.

Getting 'circumcised' or keeping a 'sabbath' is not wrong in itself, but only when it is being done as a matter of law, and especially when it is then preached as law to all Christians.

The destructive result is that they become lawgivers and judges of other Christians according to their law: false accusers of the brethren.

They also become proud of their law that they keep, as being special and superior to the 'run-of-the-mill Christian sheep: wolves among the sheep.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady
Feb 1, 2022
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick,

YOUR QUOTE OF POST #1446:
"P.s. Exclamation points and underlining words doesn't making something true."

Conversely, your following "OPINIONS" in said post in question above go severely wanting because they are NOT vouchsafed with actual Biblical verses, but are your OPINIONS that equal to HEARSAY at this point until you show the membership that they are backed up with Jesus' actual words, PERIOD!

Within my godly words in my post #1443, I have given you actual passages within the scriptures to back up my biblical propositions, where you have NOT in your post #1446! Therefore, for you to be true to Jesus' actual words instead of your OPINIONATED responses, give us actual biblical passages that support your OPINIONS shown in the list below in your post #1447, otherwise, they are nothing but ungodly HEARSAY in your embarrassment!

YOU MAY BEGIN:

1. "Anyone keeping the law Moses will never be justified with Jesus Christ, even if they offend not in any point at all, including keeping the sabbath of the law, because the law of Moses is no longer the law of God, neither is that first covenant His covenant with His people."

2. "It is the law of Christ that Christians love to keep from the heart."

3. "Nevertheless, it was done away with the First Testament, which is now called in Scripture the old Testament, because it is dead and gone, along with the law of Moses"

4. "Yes, the anointed Word and Christ was the God of Israel, the LORD Yehovah, that gave the law to Moses both on the mount and in the tabernacle of the wilderness. Both the tables of stone that Moses made and wrote upon, and the book of the law written by him in the tabernacle were placed inside the ark of testimony, which were done away with the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the risen God of Israel."

5. "So you say, but not Scripture. Only 9 of them are written in the Scriptures of the apostles for Christians to obey. You need to read the doctrine of Christ in the new covenant see them there."

6. "Jesus fulfilled the law in the days of His flesh, and now the law of God is changed from that of Moses to that of Christ."

7. "He likened the law of Moses to it, of which the ten commandments were but a part thereof."

8. "God's law is one law, one whole law altogether righteous and true. It is not divided into 'parts'. Carnal minded men such as yourself do that, not the Spirit of Christ."

9. "Actually, while Christ was in the lower parts of the earth after departing from the cross, there was no more heaven of stars for Him to see, and He was not ruling them by His power, but rather the Father in heaven was doing so."

10. "So the prophecy of Scripture was fulfilled for Him to nullify the covenant of old, that the children of Israel broke asunder when they had the God of Israel crucified on a cross."

11. "At this time, the natural seed that still read the Scriptures with the vail of Moses blinding them to Christ, have no promise of God confirmed in Christ."

12. "You need to take the vail of Moses away from your eyes also, and learn to read the Scriptures of the apostles, if you want to be a Christian in deed and in truth, and not some quasi-hybrid of old Jew and New Christian."

13. Stated by JESUS herewith (1 Thessalonians 2:13): "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day." (Deuteronomy 5:15)

YOUR RESPONSE IN CALLING JESUS A LIAR REGARDING THE DIRECT PASSAGE ABOVE!!!: "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."Have at it. Keep all the law of Moses you like. But, if you are doing so as a matter of faith to be justified with Christ, then you will of course fail to keep it all."

Tell the membership, where do you get the authority to say that you do not need to keep the Sabbath Day, when Jesus says that a Christian is to keep it as shown in Deuteronomy 5:15!!! BLASPHEME!

14. "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."

15. "You need to be saved by Jesus in His new covenant, and stop trying to be some Israelite of old. But, you want your sabbath, and so you've got it. Have at it. It doesn't matter to me. That's your business, not mine. Nor the Lord's."

16. "The Bible is the book of the law of God, which was changed from that of Moses to that of Christ at His resurrection."

17. "Wanna-be Jews still reading the Scriptures of God with the vail of Moses and seeking righteousness by the law of Moses, are still blindly seeking to establish their own righteousness instead of the righteousness of God."

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask if you are in a Christian denomination? If you claim to be, which one?
I belong to no Orthodox Christian sect. I simply believe in taking the Bible at face value for what it teaches.
The "love" Catholic and Protestants love to talk about comes from adhering to this world's definition of what love is, and not God's. Christian love as the Bible defines it comes from keeping God's commandments(Rom. 13:10, Jas. 2:10 1 Jhn 5:3). It's amazing how clear and concise the Bible is on doctrines concerning sin, salvation, and agape love, and yet Orthodox Christianity reduces all of those things to hazy, feel-good concepts that are completely antithetical to everything that was taught by the original apostles.

Being kind means absolutely nothing if you're not keeping God's commandments, especially because there are a lot of ppl who believe the "kind" thing to do in a lot of situations is lie to protect someone's feelings or religious traditions. I fact, i would say that this world's definition of being kind often means violating God's commandments. Jesus was kind, but not at the expense of living by His Father's commandments.

You are making God's commandments out to be rules that inherently calls for someone to be mean, and i'm not buying what you're selling. Keeping God's commandments are the embodiment of what it means to truly have someone's best interest in mind. A kind murderer, adulterer, idolater, blasphemer, or liar doesn't have anyone's best interest in mind but their own.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cass,

This is not exactly true.

"The Lord’s day (as distinguished from the day of the Lord) is Sunday. The term Lord’s day is used only once in Scripture. Revelation 1:10 says, “I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet.” Since the apostle John does not elaborate on the meaning of “Lord’s day,” we can assume that his target audience, first-century Christians, were already familiar with the expression.

"Some have assumed that the Lord’s day is the New Testament equivalent of the Sabbath. The Sabbath day was instituted by God for the nation of Israel to commemorate His deliverance of them from Egypt (Deuteronomy 5:15). Sabbath began Friday at sunset and ended Saturday at sunset and was to be a day of complete rest from all labor, symbolic of the Creator’s resting on the seventh day (Genesis 2:2–3; Exodus 20:11; 23:12)," (GotQuestions?)​

Oz

All you have is an assumption that Sunday is the Lord's Day.. If the Sabbath were changed, someone would have written of it. Funny that Jesus even says in Matthew24 "Pray that your flight be not in winter nor on the Sabbath day" Well, why would He even say that? Why worry about a flight on the Sabbath as opposed to any other day?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick,

YOUR QUOTE OF POST #1446:
"P.s. Exclamation points and underlining words doesn't making something true."

Conversely, your following "OPINIONS" in said post in question above go severely wanting because they are NOT vouchsafed with actual Biblical verses, but are your OPINIONS that equal to HEARSAY at this point until you show the membership that they are backed up with Jesus' actual words, PERIOD!

Within my godly words in my post #1443, I have given you actual passages within the scriptures to back up my biblical propositions, where you have NOT in your post #1446! Therefore, for you to be true to Jesus' actual words instead of your OPINIONATED responses, give us actual biblical passages that support your OPINIONS shown in the list below in your post #1447, otherwise, they are nothing but ungodly HEARSAY in your embarrassment!

YOU MAY BEGIN:

1. "Anyone keeping the law Moses will never be justified with Jesus Christ, even if they offend not in any point at all, including keeping the sabbath of the law, because the law of Moses is no longer the law of God, neither is that first covenant His covenant with His people."

2. "It is the law of Christ that Christians love to keep from the heart."

3. "Nevertheless, it was done away with the First Testament, which is now called in Scripture the old Testament, because it is dead and gone, along with the law of Moses"

4. "Yes, the anointed Word and Christ was the God of Israel, the LORD Yehovah, that gave the law to Moses both on the mount and in the tabernacle of the wilderness. Both the tables of stone that Moses made and wrote upon, and the book of the law written by him in the tabernacle were placed inside the ark of testimony, which were done away with the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the risen God of Israel."

5. "So you say, but not Scripture. Only 9 of them are written in the Scriptures of the apostles for Christians to obey. You need to read the doctrine of Christ in the new covenant see them there."

6. "Jesus fulfilled the law in the days of His flesh, and now the law of God is changed from that of Moses to that of Christ."

7. "He likened the law of Moses to it, of which the ten commandments were but a part thereof."

8. "God's law is one law, one whole law altogether righteous and true. It is not divided into 'parts'. Carnal minded men such as yourself do that, not the Spirit of Christ."

9. "Actually, while Christ was in the lower parts of the earth after departing from the cross, there was no more heaven of stars for Him to see, and He was not ruling them by His power, but rather the Father in heaven was doing so."

10. "So the prophecy of Scripture was fulfilled for Him to nullify the covenant of old, that the children of Israel broke asunder when they had the God of Israel crucified on a cross."

11. "At this time, the natural seed that still read the Scriptures with the vail of Moses blinding them to Christ, have no promise of God confirmed in Christ."

12. "You need to take the vail of Moses away from your eyes also, and learn to read the Scriptures of the apostles, if you want to be a Christian in deed and in truth, and not some quasi-hybrid of old Jew and New Christian."

13. Stated by JESUS herewith (1 Thessalonians 2:13): "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day." (Deuteronomy 5:15)

YOUR RESPONSE IN CALLING JESUS A LIAR REGARDING THE DIRECT PASSAGE ABOVE!!!: "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."Have at it. Keep all the law of Moses you like. But, if you are doing so as a matter of faith to be justified with Christ, then you will of course fail to keep it all."

Tell the membership, where do you get the authority to say that you do not need to keep the Sabbath Day, when Jesus says that a Christian is to keep it as shown in Deuteronomy 5:15!!! BLASPHEME!

14. "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."

15. "You need to be saved by Jesus in His new covenant, and stop trying to be some Israelite of old. But, you want your sabbath, and so you've got it. Have at it. It doesn't matter to me. That's your business, not mine. Nor the Lord's."

16. "The Bible is the book of the law of God, which was changed from that of Moses to that of Christ at His resurrection."

17. "Wanna-be Jews still reading the Scriptures of God with the vail of Moses and seeking righteousness by the law of Moses, are still blindly seeking to establish their own righteousness instead of the righteousness of God."

BroThomas,
If I get moderated for this post, that's OK.
I don't have a problem with Sabbathkeeping, as I am a Sabbath keeper.
What I do have is a problem with the way you come on here and condescend to people like you are all that and a bag of chips.
If there were an award I could give for the Most Snotz Poster on this forum, I'd give it to you.
What a mean and nasty person you are. You talk about folk blaspheming the Lord when disagreement is not blasphemy. If you didn't have it noted, I wouldn't even believe you are a Christian. You have ZERO love in any of the posts that I've seen of yours. you can type in all the bolds you want, and use the name of Jesus, but your brutishness shines through like a light. If you think you are going to win anyone over, you have another think coming. I know why you got kicked off of some other forums.

I rolled my eyes when I saw this that you wrote:
Within my godly words in my post #1443, I have given you actual passages within the scriptures to back up my biblical propositions, where you have NOT in your post #1446."

You are so condescending. Wow, dude. I bet you rail at those who are close to you. I pray for them.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All you have is an assumption that Sunday is the Lord's Day.. If the Sabbath were changed, someone would have written of it. Funny that Jesus even says in Matthew24 "Pray that your flight be not in winter nor on the Sabbath day" Well, why would He even say that? Why worry about a flight on the Sabbath as opposed to any other day?

Cassandra,

Your citation of Matt 24:20, "Pray that your flight be not in winter nor on the Sabbath day," points to its being more difficult to travel a Sabbath Day's journey in winter. Jesus clearly expects these events to take place under a strict Sabbatical law.

This is not for NT believers but for Law-abiding Jews.

Oz

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cassandra,

Your citation of Matt 24:20, "Pray that your flight be not in winter nor on the Sabbath day," points to its being more difficult to travel a Sabbath Day's journey in winter. Jesus clearly expects these events to take place under a strict Sabbatical law.

This is not for NT believers but for Law-abiding Jews.

Oz
He didn't say it was more difficult to travel a Sabbath Day's journey in winter. That is true now. It is hard to travel much anywhere in winter. He said Sabbath because it would still be in force. Cracks me up that that the Law that asks you to keep the Sabbath, which you say is mosaic, is the same law that calls taking the name of the Lord in vain a sin. Is that Mosaic? Nope! Has it been changed? Hecks no! And there is a little part in that Law #4 that refers to "stranger that is within thy gates"--whose nationality is not specified, that has to keep it as well Exodus 20:10

" But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Again, no one said that God's day is changed except for man, who has no business doing that. If one of the 10 were going to be done away with, then don't you think that it would've been spelled out in the text? It is in the heart of the 10 commandments.--have any of the other commandments been rescinded? Nope. Did God mess up and put a ceremonial law in the 10? Nope.
Matthew 24 is for the end times which we are a part of. He is speaking to all of us. At the time whereof Jesus is speaking there is no Jew or Greek. We are all Abraham's heirs.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--have any of the other commandments been rescinded? Nope. Did God mess up and put a ceremonial law in the 10? Nope.
He rescinded the 10 commandments as a covenant. God's people no longer relate to him through a covenant of law. But God in his wisdom and power did not leave the covenant of law unfulfilled when he brought us into the New Covenant. All the laws of God are fulfilled through the indwelling Holy Spirit. Some laws get fulfilled by us when we walk according to the Spirit. Others, like the sabbath law, get fulfilled for us by virtue of simply having the Holy Spirit within us through the finished work of Christ. Just simply having the Holy Spirit in us puts us at rest from the enemy and slavery of sin. That is the rest that counts. That is the rest that the carnal observance pointed us toward but which could not fulfill. The carnal observance serves no value toward that end and so it is laid aside as useless and obsolete in deference to the sabbath rest that does - rest in Christ.

Reactions: OzSpen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible says right there in the verse that the names were not written there at any point from the time of the foundation of the world. Not sure how you're missing that.
Revelation 17:8

Consider this.

The LETTER of the Revelation, is written, yet, when it was written, was not here yet.
All of it was, at that time......yet to come.
So, this is....Knowledge that is true, but yet not happened.
In other words, its prophecy.

You might do a study on this verse.."the words of THIS prophecy".

Now, we know that God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.......
We understand that God KNOWS all things, but that is not the same as CAUSING all things..
Example ? The Foreknowledge of God, knew, before you were born, that you were going to read what im writing....
So, that is not causing you by "predestination" to read it.....that is God, who KNOW EVERYTHING, as FOREKNOWLEDGE know that you will read what im writing and so forth..

Now take THAT understanding, and apply it to the Lambs book of Life.....as "not written in"..

So what does that show you? It shows you that God is speaking as Knowing who is not going to be in there, vs, causing them to not be in the book.

This is FOREKNOWLEDGE.

Now, if you adjust your theology to correctly understand = "predestined according to FOREKNOWLEDGE"< then when you read any verse that if not discerned this way, it would contradict The Grace of God and the Cross of Christ., which then shows you HOW to rightly divide the verses.

Here is how that works out.

You read a verse that says...>"vessels fitted for destruction".

And then you discern that THROUGH..>"foreknowledge"....which then interprets the verse correctly....like this....>"God's foreknowledge knew who the vessels fitted for destruction will be, even before they are born".

See that?
That is not God causing them to go to hell.....that is God KNOWING who is going, before they are born...= FOREKNOWLEDGE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.