The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that means they do not sin.
Paul gave a wonderful reminder . Remember how often he would tell the church DONT be decieved
and not be parakers of other mens sins .
He sums it up quite well by writing , shall we continue in sin that grace may abound .
GOD forbid .
He says quite clearly , WE BELONG TOO WHOM WE SERVE . Whether of sin unto death
or of obediance unto rigtheousness .
He warns again , Dont be decieved , GOD IS NOT MOCKED
if ye sow to the flesh you shall reap corruptoin
but if to the Spirit , reap life everlasting .
A hearer only , AINT BEEN BORN AGAIN and is decieving themselves into beleivng they are .
A hearer only has built their foundation on the sands of mens unholy doctrines
They have no foundation . Just sinking sand .
BUT a hearer and a doer , YEAH they dug deep , they got the FOUNDATION .
A hearer only , as i once was , has decieved themselves . I see many hearers only
that have fallen in love with a lie . They believe things contrary to scripture
and they happily omit many IFS . AS IN IF , YE CONTINUE
They sin and say alas my salvation is secure , They even justify sin and say alas GOD is love my salvation is secure .
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS , THEY AINT BORN AGAIN and their FAITH PROVES IT .
A good tree cannot produce evil fruit .
Many omit parts of scripture . Even parts that said , HE or SHE who endures to the END the same shall be saved .
Many have not known HIM , nor the POWER of HIS transformation of the new man .
And worse many of these are already heading down the all inclusive lie .
The delusion of the all inclusion . WHEREIN they are hollering GOD is love , But know neither GOD nor LOVE
For the LOVE that comes to GOD points us to CHRIST as the abolute and only means by how one may be saved ,
but their love says , OH GOD has made the ROAD BROAD , MUSLIMS and unbeleiving jews , atheists
and buddists and non repentant sinners who love sin , THEY ARE SAVED if they have love . RATHER ODD .
What kind of love is that , that makes the PATH to GOD VERY BROAD and DENIES having to BELIEVE IN and CONFESS CHRIST
in order to be saved . That is the false love that cometh of the world and of the dragon .
GOD wont be mocked . JESUS will not be trod under foot for a false love , nor is HE the ministir of sin .
Many are not gonna make it . I suggest NO UNITY with those who teach another gospel . AND ROME DOES
its the mother of this all inclusive many path and may ways to GOD LIE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its really very simple.

Life is in the blood, and 1st Adam's rebellion is the reason that Adam/Eve died., literally and spiritually.
Sin, or the rebellion that Adam decided to commit, caused death to come literally and spiritually upon all humans ever born, other than Jesus.
So, to undo this literal and spiritual death, that came on the entire human race because of one Man , 1st Adam, the BLOOD of another, the 2nd Adam had to be shed to forever resolve the eternal consequences caused upon all humanity by the 1st Adam's rebellion.
So, the 2nd Adam, who is God manifested in the flesh, lived a perfect life, sinless, so that by this man's offering of His blood and death and law and commandment keeping, as Jesus fulfilled the law for us also...., God is able to forgive the entirety of humanity, and bring them back into God's spiritual family, only based on what Christ has accomplished on the Cross.
God offers this as a GIFT.
John 3:16 & 2 Corinthians 5:19
= The Gift of Salvation. and The Gift of Righteousness.

And mockers like you, deceived Legalists, who are often protected by mods that are deceived just like you, enjoying playing games on "christian" forums with real believers like me, ......people like you = harm the faith of young believers.
See, i would not care what you did or do, if you were not given a voice on a "christian" forum.
But because you are given one, then this puts me at odds with you, because i have witnessed what legalism can do when people like you are given a forum to preach it.
I know how you feel. And thanks for the non-answer.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know how you feel. And thanks for the non-answer.

I gave you a very good answer, but, you are not able to see it.
You will continue to preach your self works and commandments, and i will continue to give glory to the Blood of Jesus and Honor to the Cross of Christ
This is nothing new.
Tho, now that you are more clearly revealed, i would imagine that even you will try to talk about the Cross, at some point.
Right?
But not for long...
And, thank you for allowing me to help and protect others here , based on dealing with you.
I will continue to do it.

Reactions: Cooper

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And mockers like you, deceived Legalists, who are often protected by mods that are deceived just like you, enjoying playing games on "christian" forums with real believers like me, ......people like you = harm the faith of young believers.
This is your personal opinion and is far from being true.
Just to let everyone know there is no bias towards one doctrine over another.
All who join and claim to be Christians are welcome and are free to participate in the threads as well as create their own topic.
Blasphemy will not be tolerated.....
Teachings that promote witchcraft or any type of occult beliefs will not be allowed to share...
All rules will be enforced by moderators as necessary.
Any thoughts, feelings, complaints or misunderstandings can easily be discussed in private with any moderator and we encourage you to do this.
Thanks and God Bless

Reactions: GEN2REV and Rita

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are, of course, at liberty to worship and rest upon any day of the week you choose, for whatever reason you like. However, the sense of urgency and detail in your defense of worshiping on Sunday would seem to me to venture fairly close to what is being reproved in Galatians 4:10. That is, unless, you feel it is only Jews who can "observe days."

I believe Sunday sacredness has its roots in pagan, heathen, sun worship, long before Christ was even born into this world. I do not for a minute believe that the apostolic age Christians rested and worshiped on Sunday in place of the 7th day Sabbath at all, much less in honor of the day of the week upon which Christ arose from His death by the Cross. I do not agree with your views of emperor Constantine's role in the change of the Sabbath, nor that "all Constantine did was stop the killing of Christians and made Christianity legal, instead of a death sentence." I do know this much: for whatever good he did, he made the most tragic mistake of linking church and state, which is the worst thing a leader of any kind can do.

I do not believe that Christians today go to Church on Sunday with the intent of worshiping the Sun and I have already stated that I probably shouldn't have used the term "venerable day of the sun" in my reply to Mary, Mother Of God. I have no awareness nor conviction of having borne false witness. "Duped," you say? That seems rather insulting but, be assured, all is forgiven.

I have little knowledge of Saturn worship, but I do know that people will worship just about anything they can imagine or perceive by their five senses, and I tell you truly, I would take no offense whatsoever if the whole world believed that by keeping the Seventh-day Sabbath, I was worshiping Saturn. I couldn't care less.

Your assumption that having gone through the Adventist school system, you have special insight into what I have been taught and might have accepted or adopted as truth is misguided, if not presumptuous. I came to the Adventist faith as an adult convert from the Southern Baptist Convention faith. I retain much of my former beliefs. My daughter went through the Adventist school system and has an altogether different view of faith and morals as do I. I assume nothing derogatory about you. You used to call yourself CharismaticLady. You probably know what the Adventist church generally teaches about the charismatic faith and practice. Do you recall me ever calling into question that aspect of your faith?

I think that as long as you insist your friends must see things the way you do, you're going to have very much difficulty. Your tone in this discussion is becoming more and more tense. It leads me to fear that this issue might be made a test of our friendship. I assure you, it is a test I will fail. I will have no one dictate to me what I must believe or express in matters of faith. I demand nothing of you and I accuse you of nothing.

Who are "you people?"

I am saddened.
To deny the teaching of Jesus in favour of Old Testament law is to deny the life and work of God with us, which only the anti-Christ would do.

50 Commands of Christ - Summary List
1. Repent—Matthew 4:17, Luke 13:3
2. Let not your heart be troubled—John 14:27, John 16:33, Matthew 6:25-26, Philippians 4:6-7
3. Follow me—Matthew 4:19
4. Rejoice—Matthew 5:12, (Also 2 Corinthians 6:10, 12:10, James 1:2-4)
5. Let your light shine—Matthew 5:16
6. Honor God’s law—Matthew 5:17-19
7. Be reconciled—Matthew 5:24-25
8. Do not commit adultery—Matthew 5:27-30
9. Keep your word—Matthew 5:33-37
10. Go the second mile—Matthew 5:38-42
11. Love your enemies—Matthew 5:44
12. Be perfect—Matthew 5:48
13. Practice secret disciplines (giving, praying, fasting)—Matthew 6:1-18
14. Lay up treasures in heaven—Matthew 6:19-21
15. Seek first the kingdom of God—Matthew 6:33
16. Judge not—Matthew 7:1-2
17. Do not throw your pearls to pigs—Matthew 7:6
18. Ask, seek, and knock—Matthew 7:7-8
19. Do unto others—Matthew 7:12
20. Choose the narrow way—Matthew 7:13-14
21. Beware of false prophets—Matthew 7:15
22. Pray for those who spread the word—Matthew 9:37-38
23. Be as shrewd as serpents—Matthew 10:16. (Also Romans 16:19)
24. Fear God. Do not fear man— Matthew 10:28 (Also Luke 12:4-5)
25. Listen to God’s voice—Matthew 11:15, 13:9, 13:43, Mark 4:23, Luke 14:35, 1 Kings 19:11-13
26.Take my yoke—Matthew 11:29
27. Honor your parents—Matthew 15:4
28. Beware of false teaching—Matthew 16:6, 11-12
29. Deny yourself—Luke 9:23 (Also Matthew 10:38 and Mark 8:34)
30. Do not despise little ones—Matthew 18:10
31. Go to Christians who offend you—Matthew 8:15 (Also Galatians 6:1)
32. Forgive offenders—Matthew 18:21-22 (Also Proverbs 19:11)
33. Beware of covetousness—Luke 12:15
34. Honor marriage—Matthew 19:6, 19:9
35. Lead by being a servant—Matthew 20:26-28
36. Make the church a house of prayer for all nations—Mark 11:17
37. Pray in faith—Matthew 21:21-22, John 15:7
38. Bring in the poor—Luke 14:12-14
39. Render unto Caesar—Matthew 22:19-21
40. Love the Lord—Matthew 22:37-38
41. Love your neighbor—Matthew 22:39
42. Be born again—John 3:7
43. Await my return—Matthew 24:42-44
44. Celebrate the Lord’s supper—Matthew 26:26-
45. Watch and pray—Matthew 26:41
46. Keep my commandments—John 14:15
47. Feed my sheep—John 21:15-16
48. Make and baptize disciples—Matthew 28:19
49. Teach disciples to obey—Matthew 28:20
50. Receive God’s power—Luke 24:49

50 Commands of Jesus - Practical Bible study - 15 lessons - What they mean today

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To deny the teaching of Jesus in favour of Old Testament law is to deny the life and work of God with us, which only the anti-Christ would do.

50 Commands of Christ - Summary List
1. Repent—Matthew 4:17, Luke 13:3
2. Let not your heart be troubled—John 14:27, John 16:33, Matthew 6:25-26, Philippians 4:6-7
3. Follow me—Matthew 4:19
4. Rejoice—Matthew 5:12, (Also 2 Corinthians 6:10, 12:10, James 1:2-4)
5. Let your light shine—Matthew 5:16
6. Honor God’s law—Matthew 5:17-19
7. Be reconciled—Matthew 5:24-25
8. Do not commit adultery—Matthew 5:27-30
9. Keep your word—Matthew 5:33-37
10. Go the second mile—Matthew 5:38-42
11. Love your enemies—Matthew 5:44
12. Be perfect—Matthew 5:48
13. Practice secret disciplines (giving, praying, fasting)—Matthew 6:1-18
14. Lay up treasures in heaven—Matthew 6:19-21
15. Seek first the kingdom of God—Matthew 6:33
16. Judge not—Matthew 7:1-2
17. Do not throw your pearls to pigs—Matthew 7:6
18. Ask, seek, and knock—Matthew 7:7-8
19. Do unto others—Matthew 7:12
20. Choose the narrow way—Matthew 7:13-14
21. Beware of false prophets—Matthew 7:15
22. Pray for those who spread the word—Matthew 9:37-38
23. Be as shrewd as serpents—Matthew 10:16. (Also Romans 16:19)
24. Fear God. Do not fear man— Matthew 10:28 (Also Luke 12:4-5)
25. Listen to God’s voice—Matthew 11:15, 13:9, 13:43, Mark 4:23, Luke 14:35, 1 Kings 19:11-13
26.Take my yoke—Matthew 11:29
27. Honor your parents—Matthew 15:4
28. Beware of false teaching—Matthew 16:6, 11-12
29. Deny yourself—Luke 9:23 (Also Matthew 10:38 and Mark 8:34)
30. Do not despise little ones—Matthew 18:10
31. Go to Christians who offend you—Matthew 8:15 (Also Galatians 6:1)
32. Forgive offenders—Matthew 18:21-22 (Also Proverbs 19:11)
33. Beware of covetousness—Luke 12:15
34. Honor marriage—Matthew 19:6, 19:9
35. Lead by being a servant—Matthew 20:26-28
36. Make the church a house of prayer for all nations—Mark 11:17
37. Pray in faith—Matthew 21:21-22, John 15:7
38. Bring in the poor—Luke 14:12-14
39. Render unto Caesar—Matthew 22:19-21
40. Love the Lord—Matthew 22:37-38
41. Love your neighbor—Matthew 22:39
42. Be born again—John 3:7
43. Await my return—Matthew 24:42-44
44. Celebrate the Lord’s supper—Matthew 26:26-
45. Watch and pray—Matthew 26:41
46. Keep my commandments—John 14:15
47. Feed my sheep—John 21:15-16
48. Make and baptize disciples—Matthew 28:19
49. Teach disciples to obey—Matthew 28:20
50. Receive God’s power—Luke 24:49

50 Commands of Jesus - Practical Bible study - 15 lessons - What they mean today
What do you think Jesus learned and taught from? I don't favor the Old Testament. I'm a Bible-believer.

Reactions: amadeus

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think Jesus learned and taught from? I don't favor the Old Testament. I'm a Bible-believer.
Jesus gave us a new message and it did not include the O T Sabbath. Jesus is LORD of the Sabbath. So why are you teaching the same as the Pharisees?

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus gave us a new message and it did not include the O T Sabbath.
No, salvation by grace through faith isn't a new message. Adam and Eve were offered salvation by grace through faith.
For 1500 years, Israel held the Sabbath as the central tenet to their religion. Once every week, when they were faithful to the scriptures and their God, Israel observed the Sabbath. For not doing so, they were taken into captivity by the Babylonians. When they got back home, they were so determined to not go through such an experience again, they added numerous strict legalistic details to ensure that the Sabbath was observed according to their interpretation and not in love. The result of that was they killed their Messiah. Even after He explained their error with regards Sabbath, they still crucified Him. And then after all that, we witness Christians who think God changed the Sabbath to suit man's fallen faculties and to accommodate his weaknesses. And the Jews who converted, despite all that history, just gave up the Sabbath without a whimper or even a discussion. Circumcision, well that's another story. Who doesn't want to be circumcised? Yeah, we'll hold onto that, but the Sabbath, nuh, no big deal, ditch it.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, salvation by grace through faith isn't a new message. Adam and Eve were offered salvation by grace through faith.
For 1500 years, Israel held the Sabbath as the central tenet to their religion. Once every week, when they were faithful to the scriptures and their God, Israel observed the Sabbath. For not doing so, they were taken into captivity by the Babylonians. When they got back home, they were so determined to not go through such an experience again, they added numerous strict legalistic details to ensure that the Sabbath was observed according to their interpretation and not in love. The result of that was they killed their Messiah. Even after He explained their error with regards Sabbath, they still crucified Him. And then after all that, we witness Christians who think God changed the Sabbath to suit man's fallen faculties and to accommodate his weaknesses. And the Jews who converted, despite all that history, just gave up the Sabbath without a whimper or even a discussion. Circumcision, well that's another story. Who doesn't want to be circumcised? Yeah, we'll hold onto that, but the Sabbath, nuh, no big deal, ditch it.
So they killed the Messiah, and people are still preaching the same message on here as those horrible people did who crucified Jesus.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave us a new message and it did not include the O T Sabbath. Jesus is LORD of the Sabbath. So why are you teaching the same as the Pharisees?
Did you ever notice that in John 3, Christ found it odd that Nicodemus didn't understand new birth/conversion? Tell me about what the Pharisees taught. Let me save you some trouble. I've never warned anyone about leaving eggs lying out in the sun on the Sabbath, lest they accidentally get cooked. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they killed the Messiah, and people are still preaching the same message on here as those horrible people did who crucified Jesus.
Some of the stuff those horrible people taught was good. Don't forget our sins killed Christ as verily as did those of those horrible people. There were only a few people that actually participated in the horrific physical abuse of Christ in connection with the crucifixion. The crucifixion is not what killed Christ, anyway.

“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him.”

At last Jesus was at rest.

Yet the priests and rulers were not at rest. They had carried out their purpose in putting Christ to death; but they did not feel the sense of victory they had expected. Even in the hour of their apparent triumph, they were harassed with doubts as to what would next take place. They had heard the cry, "It is finished." "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit." John 19:30; Luke 23:46. They had seen the rocks rent, and had felt the mighty earthquake, and they were restless and uneasy.

They had been jealous of Christ's influence with the people when living; they were jealous of Him even in death. They dreaded the dead Christ more, far more, than they had ever feared the living Christ. They dreaded to have the attention of the people directed any further to the events attending His crucifixion. They feared the results of that day's work. Not on any account would they have had His body remain on the cross during the Sabbath. The Sabbath was now drawing on, and it would be a violation of its sanctity for the bodies to hang upon the cross. So, using this as a pretext, the leading Jews requested Pilate that the death of the victims might be hastened, and their bodies be removed before the setting of the sun.

Pilate was as unwilling as they for the body of Jesus to remain upon the cross. His consent having been obtained, the legs of the two thieves were broken to hasten their death; but Jesus was found to be already dead. The rude soldiers had been softened by what they had heard and seen of Christ, and they were restrained from breaking His limbs. Thus in the offering of the Lamb of God was fulfilled the law of the Passover, "They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the Passover they shall keep it." Num. 9:12

The priests and rulers were amazed to find that Christ was dead. Death by the cross was a lingering process; it was difficult to determine when life had ceased. It was an unheard-of thing for one to die within six hours of crucifixion. The priests wished to make sure of the death of Jesus, and at their suggestion a soldier thrust a spear into the Saviour's side. From the wound thus made, there flowed two copious and distinct streams, one of blood, the other of water. This was noted by all the beholders, and John states the occurrence very definitely. He says, "One of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of Him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on Him whom they pierced." John 19:34-37.

After the resurrection the priests and rulers circulated the report that Christ did not die upon the cross, that He merely fainted, and was afterward revived. Another report affirmed that it was not a real body of flesh and bone, but the likeness of a body, that was laid in the tomb. The action of the Roman soldiers disproves these falsehoods. They broke not His legs, because He was already dead. To satisfy the priests, they pierced His side. Had not life been already extinct, this wound would have caused instant death.

But it was not the spear thrust, it was not the pain of the cross, that caused the death of Jesus. That cry, uttered "with a loud voice" (Matt. 27:50; Luke 23:46), at the moment of death, the stream of blood and water that flowed from His side, declared that He died of a broken heart. His heart was broken by mental anguish. He was slain by the sin of the world.

Reactions: Brakelite

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you ever notice that in John 3, Christ found it odd that Nicodemus didn't understand new birth/conversion? Tell me about what the Pharisees taught. Let me save you some trouble. I've never warned anyone about leaving eggs lying out in the sun on the Sabbath, lest they accidentally get cooked. :)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:3-5 KJV)

If Nicodemus had understood what it meant to be born again, he would have given up on the law and turned to Jesus for forgiveness of sins.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Uh, you're listing as one of Christ's commands exactly what the OP and many of the rest of us are advocating.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth. (Romans 10:4 KJV)
If you believe in Jesus and accept him as your Lord and Saviour from sin, why are you preaching law-keeping?

• Jesus fulfilled the doctrinal teachings of the Law and the Prophets in that He brought full revelation.

• Jesus fulfilled the predictive prophecy of the Law and the Prophets in that He is the Promised One, showing the reality behind the shadows.

• Jesus fulfilled the moral and legal demands of the Law and the Prophets in that He fully obeyed them and He reinterpreted them in their truth.

• Jesus fulfilled the penalty of the Law and the Prophets for us by His death on the cross, taking the penalty we deserve.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the stuff those horrible people taught was good. Don't forget our sins killed Christ as verily as did those of those horrible people. There were only a few people that actually participated in the horrific physical abuse of Christ in connection with the crucifixion. The crucifixion is not what killed Christ, anyway.

“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him.”

At last Jesus was at rest.

Yet the priests and rulers were not at rest. They had carried out their purpose in putting Christ to death; but they did not feel the sense of victory they had expected. Even in the hour of their apparent triumph, they were harassed with doubts as to what would next take place. They had heard the cry, "It is finished." "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit." John 19:30; Luke 23:46. They had seen the rocks rent, and had felt the mighty earthquake, and they were restless and uneasy.

They had been jealous of Christ's influence with the people when living; they were jealous of Him even in death. They dreaded the dead Christ more, far more, than they had ever feared the living Christ. They dreaded to have the attention of the people directed any further to the events attending His crucifixion. They feared the results of that day's work. Not on any account would they have had His body remain on the cross during the Sabbath. The Sabbath was now drawing on, and it would be a violation of its sanctity for the bodies to hang upon the cross. So, using this as a pretext, the leading Jews requested Pilate that the death of the victims might be hastened, and their bodies be removed before the setting of the sun.

Pilate was as unwilling as they for the body of Jesus to remain upon the cross. His consent having been obtained, the legs of the two thieves were broken to hasten their death; but Jesus was found to be already dead. The rude soldiers had been softened by what they had heard and seen of Christ, and they were restrained from breaking His limbs. Thus in the offering of the Lamb of God was fulfilled the law of the Passover, "They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the Passover they shall keep it." Num. 9:12

The priests and rulers were amazed to find that Christ was dead. Death by the cross was a lingering process; it was difficult to determine when life had ceased. It was an unheard-of thing for one to die within six hours of crucifixion. The priests wished to make sure of the death of Jesus, and at their suggestion a soldier thrust a spear into the Saviour's side. From the wound thus made, there flowed two copious and distinct streams, one of blood, the other of water. This was noted by all the beholders, and John states the occurrence very definitely. He says, "One of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of Him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on Him whom they pierced." John 19:34-37.

After the resurrection the priests and rulers circulated the report that Christ did not die upon the cross, that He merely fainted, and was afterward revived. Another report affirmed that it was not a real body of flesh and bone, but the likeness of a body, that was laid in the tomb. The action of the Roman soldiers disproves these falsehoods. They broke not His legs, because He was already dead. To satisfy the priests, they pierced His side. Had not life been already extinct, this wound would have caused instant death.

But it was not the spear thrust, it was not the pain of the cross, that caused the death of Jesus. That cry, uttered "with a loud voice" (Matt. 27:50; Luke 23:46), at the moment of death, the stream of blood and water that flowed from His side, declared that He died of a broken heart. His heart was broken by mental anguish. He was slain by the sin of the world.

A horrible affair. The devil can appear as an angel of light. That is what the deceiver does, but in reality their father was the devil.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(John 8:44 KJV)"

You want rid.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Nicodemus had understood what it meant to be born again, he would have given up on the law and turned to Jesus for forgiveness of sins.
My question wasn't:
Did you ever notice that in John 3, Nicodemus didn't understand new birth/conversion?
It was:
Did you ever notice that in John 3, Christ found it odd that Nicodemus didn't understand new birth/conversion?

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth. (Romans 10:4 KJV)
If you believe in Jesus and accept him as your Lord and Saviour from sin, why are you preaching law-keeping?

• Jesus fulfilled the doctrinal teachings of the Law and the Prophets in that He brought full revelation.

• Jesus fulfilled the predictive prophecy of the Law and the Prophets in that He is the Promised One, showing the reality behind the shadows.

• Jesus fulfilled the moral and legal demands of the Law and the Prophets in that He fully obeyed them and He reinterpreted them in their truth.

• Jesus fulfilled the penalty of the Law and the Prophets for us by His death on the cross, taking the penalty we deserve.
Now you're just saying that fulfilling means destroying or abolishing, which Christ clearly contrasts with one another in Matthew 5:17.

Matthew 3:13 KJV: Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Matthew 3:14 KJV: But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Matthew 3:15 KJV: And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

So, did Christ want to be baptized to destroy/abolish (fulfill--same exact English/Greek word) all righteousness here?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus knew about the spiritual blind and went on to say, “let the blind lead the blind.” He did not say to let the blind captives lead those in the light astray. People should not be allowed to lead people to destruction. Moderators please!
You want me to be disciplined for suggesting that men have always been saved by conversion through the blood of Jesus? That's wildly confusing. And you're the one who listed keeping God's commandments as one of Jesus's commands.

Reactions: GEN2REV and amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A horrible affair. The devil can appear as an angel of light. That is what the deceiver does, but in reality their father was the devil.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(John 8:44 KJV)"

You want rid.
I want rid? I'm guessing you're not actually British.

Status
Not open for further replies.