The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The 10 commandments are the marker God has set before man to keep, and if one sins they have an advocate with the father Jesus Christ the righteous

1 John 2:1KJV
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
So are you saying you admit you do not keep them? Or would you like to say you do and are sinless? Be clear.
I think it is obvious that all have sinned and no one ever kept them (but Jesus)

As the bible says, if righteousness came by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, and even if all someone's works were burned they are still saved.
I sense you're still not understanding what the work is in the passage.
The work being spoken of is not the works of a person's personal obedience to righteousness. It's not a OSAS passage.

The work that gets burned up are the people you failed to bring with you through the fires of the judgment to come. It has no bearing on your salvation, only theirs.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know about the cross, sins forgiven never to be remembered again by God, etc ...
That's what the law being nailed to the cross means.
Knowing the law you're aware that sin incurs debt owed. That debt gets nailed to the cross, marked 'paid in full'. That includes the debt we've incurred in regard to the 10 commandments, too.

I was playing on the anti-Gospel bent that arrives here from time to time apparently and that claims Christ's death on the cross, and we who hold to eternal irrevocable salvation, believe we can sin and still see heaven.
Yes, it does pop up in the forum now and again. Anyone who thinks God's grace to us in the form of Jesus' crucifixion means they can purposely live in the life Christ's sacrifice set them free from, and they do that, is showing that they don't have God's grace in salvation. They're in unbelief.

To therefore think Christians can sin like that which I described, as some insist their so called "OSAS" implies, was what I was playing on.
Ultimately, they're just showing they don't have the 'saved' part of OSAS for the argument to even matter to them. Born again people don't live like that. They can't. They're born again. That's what John says. A person has to be in unbelief to live like that.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was the lead in the movie, 300. King Leonidas.
gerard butler at DuckDuckGo
<snicker>
I guess we all have our shrines we are tempted to worship at, lol.
I hope you watched the 'Leave it to Beaver' family friendly version of that movie. I just IMDB'd it. Not something you want to watch if you plan on worshipping God on a sabbath. I don't think he'd receive your sabbath observance after watching that thing. Same for Ferris Bueller. I didn't know that, or I just didn't remember, when I picked my forum name and avatar. I only endorse the family friendly version of that movie.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
commandment
ἐντολὴ (entolē)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1785: An ordinance, injunction, command, law. From entellomai; injunction, i.e. An authoritative prescription.

Law?”
νόμῳ (nomō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3551: From a primary nemo; law, genitive case, specially, (including the volume); also of the Gospel), or figuratively.

No crank here. :D:p
Good grief, man, surely you know the law is a collection of commands, right?

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying you admit you do not keep them? Or would you like to say you do and are sinless? Be clear.
I think it is obvious that all have sinned and no one ever kept them (but Jesus)

As the bible says, if righteousness came by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
The 10 commandments can be kept, it's your imagination that claims they cant

You adamantly oppose Sabbath observance as per my observation, the fact is the 4th commandment hasn't been revoked or replaced, there are 10 commandments

Last edited:

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool beans! Can you please provide the chapter and verse where it says this? It is just so surprising that God put a ceremonial law into the 10 !!!!And not only that, it would have been the ONLY ceremonial law written in stone by His finger!!!!! The other ceremonial laws were written down by Moses.

Ex 31:18"And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God."
Read the writings of Paul. The covenant was made with Abraham which was four hundred years before the law. The law was our schoolmaster to show none were righteous. The law carried a curse which Christ redeemed us from. The curse is this. If you violated the least command you were guilty of them all. If you bring yourself under the law you have fallen from Grace. Show me one person who can observe the law. There was no one.

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the writings of Paul. The covenant was made with Abraham which was four hundred years before the law. The law was our schoolmaster to show none were righteous. The law carried a curse which Christ redeemed us from. The curse is this. If you violated the least command you were guilty of them all. If you bring yourself under the law you have fallen from Grace. Show me one person who can observe the law. There was no one.
Jesus Christ taught and upheld the commandments, and he admonished the church to follow them as seen below

Exodus 20:6KJV
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14:21KJV
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 14:12KJV
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Reactions: Brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's an interesting perspective, and how are you these days, Helen? : )

My first thought with the whole 10 Commandments argument is that they seem to be undermining the focus on the two greatest commandments. I mean, take the 4th commandment for instance. If you focus so much on keeping the 4th that you lose sight of the 1st, you could end up being proud of yourself for keeping the 7th day while slowly drifting from letting Him have the other 6. If you focus primarily on keeping "Thou shalt not steal" or "Thou shalt not covet," but neglect to focus on "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," you could end up living a far more deficient form of Christianity than those who focused on the greatest Two.

I don't get the fascination with the 10 Commandments. They were just basic guidelines to a higher spiritual walk. If they had been on a higher level like the focus of New Testament teaching was, He would not have given them to the Jews. They were largely a carnal people, and proved it by what followed in the wilderness.

Anyway, hope you are blessed, and always good to see you around. :)

Totally AGREE …

Jesus we are told fulfilled the Law.

HIS Command was to love God and Love our neighbour , in doing this we keep the 10.
Yet so many overlook the two and in their own sweat they try and try and try to keep the 10.
It cannot be done ….if it’s could be done God would not have had to send His Son to do it…Jesus is the only one who has ever kept the ten and pleased God …then , as you handle here shows …He told us to Abide IN HIM…and live “ Hidden in Him “….that is the only way that we are able to keep the ten…We live and move and have our being,,,IN HIM!

We are well…thx

keep the faith. x

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Abraham was a Gentile.
God chose him to be the ancestor of the Jewish people .

Reactions: Cassandra

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ taught and upheld the commandments, and he admonished the church to follow them as seen below

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Was He not speaking of how HE kept the commandments ?
1) LOVE GOD
2LOVE NEIGHBOUR . = Done!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was He not speaking of how HE kept the commandments ?
1) LOVE GOD
2LOVE NEIGHBOUR . = Done!
Love God & Neighbor is fulfilling the 10 Commandments, at no time have the 10 commandments been revoked or replaced

Examples:
If you love God you wont commit idolatry or use his name in vain, etc

If you love your Neighbor you wont covet his wife or property, or steal from him, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Oceanprayers

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dad said:
So do you think the bible teaches that men have kept the ten commandments? One assumes that anyone claiming we need to must keep them themselves.
Well, I keep them. So do many others who truly love the Lord.

Stop being a Pharisee and challenging people's ability to keep them. All one must do is decide at a heart/soul level to make them a daily part of their lives. James 3:2 has us covered on any unforeseen, unintentional slip.

Stop trying so hard to make people not obey God Almighty. If you choose to live in disobedience to God, keep that decision to yourself. Don't work to drag others down into the pit along with you.

You will have plenty of company down there; you will not be lonely.

Jesus is God. These are things God has said concerning His Commandments.
Deuteronomy 5:10
Deuteronomy 5:29
John 14:15
John 14:21
John 15:10
*Revelation 12:17*
Revelation 14:12
Revelation 22:14

Here's a question for you, dad:

Why does the dragon have furious hatred for those who keep the Commandments of God? Aren't they going to be with him in hell for living wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have not understood the commandments he was referring to. Read Paul’s writings concerning the Ten Commandments.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then read verse 25.
Or Acts 15:28
For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This goes round and round but all Christians should, and do if they truly are Christian, keep nine of the Ten and would not argue against keeping them. It's that pesky Sabbath command that stops them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.