The 1st century way to be saved via water and Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does that have to do with what I said? Nothing.
Alot.

The disciples were Spiritless and powerless until Pentecost....

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

They were simply disciplinarians until then.

Anyone can be discipled by someone or something.

You must think it is sacred terminology?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no need to doubt just believe the Word of God!
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10

The epistles were written to the saints which were saved in the book of Acts.
Prior to the death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus alluded to the New Testament plan of salvation...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

At the birth of the New Testament church, Peter gave the salvation plan which Jesus alluded to...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We are still the New Testament church, and the salvation plan has not changed.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The epistles were written to the saints which were saved in the book of Acts.
Prior to the death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus alluded to the New Testament plan of salvation...

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

At the birth of the New Testament church, Peter gave the salvation plan which Jesus alluded to...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We are still the New Testament church, and the salvation plan has not changed.
Amen.

The phenomenon of how the mind of sinners cannot comprehend Acts 2:38 is amazing but scary.

Even the 3000 murderers of Jesus comprehended it and obeyed it.

Those that disobey Acts 2:38 are lower than the 3000 at Pentecost.

They are lower than a snakes belley in a wagon rut....

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus told Nicodemus that he must “be born of water,” He was referring to his need for spiritual cleansing. Throughout the Old Testament, water is used figuratively of spiritual cleansing. For example, Ezekiel 36:25 says, “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities” (see also Numbers 19:17–19; and Psalm 51:2, 7). Nicodemus, a teacher of the law, would surely have been familiar with the concept of physical water representing spiritual purification. Bible questions answered.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus told Nicodemus that he must “be born of water,” He was referring to his need for spiritual cleansing. Throughout the Old Testament, water is used figuratively of spiritual cleansing. For example, Ezekiel 36:25 says, “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities” (see also Numbers 19:17–19; and Psalm 51:2, 7). Nicodemus, a teacher of the law, would surely have been familiar with the concept of physical water representing spiritual purification. Bible questions answered.
Get in the NT, sir...

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

...that'll clean ya up!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! If water baptism could save you there would be no need for Jesus to die for your sins!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! If water baptism could save you there would be no need for Jesus to die for your sins!!
He died that you would get baptized in his(Jesus") name for the remission of your sins as per Acts 2:38.

He sure did not die to debunk Acts 2:38, as most say these days.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in Jesus and confessing and repenting of your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior is the ONLY way to be saved!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved.................... OOPS!! Did He forget baptism????

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in Jesus and confessing and repenting of your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior is the ONLY way to be saved!!
Is that what Peter said to the first sinners at Pentecost?....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

....you said nothing close to what Peter told sinners to do.

It must be modernism.

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what Peter said to the first sinners at Pentecost?....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

....you said nothing close to what Peter told sinners to do.

It must be modernism.

According to some, it should read like this...

38 Then Peter said, we need to wait a few years until our epistles are written so they can skip Acts 2:38.

Reactions: Truther

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss this post???

from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved.................... OOPS!! Did He forget baptism????

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved..................... OOPS!! Did He forget baptism????

The same Paul that wrote Romans chapter 10, also wrote this...

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Paul that wrote Romans chapter 10, also wrote this...

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Yes!! After you are saved be baptized====not to be saved but because you are saved!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! After you are saved be baptized====not to be saved but because you are saved!

Water baptism places us into Christ. "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Galatians 3:27).

Both water and Spirit are necessary for the new birth...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Do you know what the word cannot means?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for wisdom when you read the Word of God
Being baptized in water saves NO one!
There are many kinds of baptism not just water baptism==there is spiritual baptism. baptism is an outward expression of a person surrendering his will to the Lord. Spiritual baptism refers to the inward decision to surrender that will, and thus become a part of the body of Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit. baptism by fire,==Luke 3:16 - John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for wisdom when you read the Word of God
Being baptized in water saves NO one!
There are many kinds of baptism not just water baptism==there is spiritual baptism. baptism is an outward expression of a person surrendering his will to the Lord. Spiritual baptism refers to the inward decision to surrender that will, and thus become a part of the body of Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit. baptism by fire,==Luke 3:16 - John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Lets take a look...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(spiritual baptism) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(outward expression) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(inward decision) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(baptism by fire) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Or perhaps the water is water...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets take a look...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(spiritual baptism) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(outward expression) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(inward decision) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water(baptism by fire) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Or perhaps the water is water...

born of water and of the Spirit does not mean water baptism.