The (7th) Abomination That Maketh Desolate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern Israel is different than ancient Israel. You don’t see them killing Christians in the street. Not to say extremism doesn’t exist.

View attachment 42589
Are there not Christians among the Palestinians, indirectly being killed?
Could be I don’t know: that has no affection on the plagues and closings age of Israel and the old covenant being done away with, along with material religion cause all of it burned down in 70 Ad.
?
Have you been there your self first hand? Extremism is still a problem but there was nothing like the great tribulation, of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
Yes, Israel as the chosen people of God all came to an end in 70AD.

I haven't been to Israel.
Yes Israel did suffer under great tribulation in 70 AD. I believe that the world is still in it, because that scripture says in Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there not Christians among the Palestinians? Indurectly,

Yes, Israel as the chosen people of God all came to an end in 70AD.

I haven't been to Israel.
Yes Israel did suffer under great tribulation in 70 AD. I believe that the world is still in it, because that scripture says in Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Shamed it couldn’t be fulfilled with the in the timeframe, of 70Ad. Seems a bit iffy to believe all but one thing not being fulfilled but that is just me. Those times were fulfilled, everything within that generation had to come through.

What is it your waiting for exactly though? What happens then and next for you?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen, @Earburner,

You two are both whom wait for a (single) prophecy to come up in order for things to be made right. That is interesting to me. One post from acts, and one from luke. I wonder what it would take to make a full leap in believing those things have come to pass. Perhaps could never change your mind either way.

Respect to you each.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shamed it couldn’t be fulfilled with the in the timeframe, of 70Ad. Seems a bit iffy to believe all but one thing not being fulfilled but that is just me. Those times were fulfilled, everything within that generation had to come through.

What is it your waiting for exactly though? What happens then and next for you?
....and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. KJV Luke 21:24.

....when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. KJV Rom. 11:25.

KJV 2 Thes. 1:7-10.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen, @Earburner,

You two are both whom wait for a (single) prophecy to come up in order for things to be made right. That is interesting to me. One post from acts, and one from luke. I wonder what it would take to make a full leap in believing those things have come to pass. Perhaps could never change your mind either way.

Respect to you each.
Could list who listed what the scriptures were, that we posted?
Thanks.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could list who listed what the scriptures were, that we posted?
Thanks.
Acts 3:21 21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

....and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, untilthe times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. KJV Luke 21:24.

....when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. KJV Rom. 11:25.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the fullness of the gentiles? What does that mean to you, @Earburner isn’t that when everyone has heard the Gospel? But does that mean for today or was that for back then at the time?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus was crucified after 69 weeks (62 + 7 ) not 69 1/2 weeks in Daniel 9:26.

Ezekiel 39 takes the guesswork out of Daniel 9 regarding whether the 70th week is fulfilled or not. Because Jesus's Second Coming is in verse 21-29 of Ezekiel 39.
1709251471707.gif
The time of the Gentiles was after Stephen was stoned --began with the conversion of Saul

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 42661
The time of the Gentiles was after Stephen was stoned --began with the conversion of Saul
Many Christians have that view. And many do not. The view is wrong. The length of the messiah's ministry is not addressed in Daniel 9:24-26. Ezekiel 39 provides infallible proof that the 7 years is still unfulfilled, simply because it is Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth (sometime before 2037 ends), His Second Coming.

The time of the Gentiles began in 70 AD when the Jews were taken captives into the nations. Luke 21:20-24.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the fullness of the gentiles? What does that mean to you, @Earburner isn’t that when everyone has heard the Gospel? But does that mean for today or was that for back then at the time?
There are only two reasons of why the gospel should cease being preached.
1. No more physical births taking place
2. No more people coming to repentance towards God, through faith in Jesus.

I'm sure that #2 is the reason, because it will be scripturally so.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, @Earburner. I do not think that the Gospel will ever stopped being preached. I believe it reached the world known at the time for the purpose of the fulfilment of the gentiles coming in to trample Jerusalem, was all on Yahavah by the use of the Romans to crush Jerusalem. But it seems you do not agree with that interpretation which is okay. To me the reason why the Gospel should never stopped being preached, is because Jesus promised his words would never go away, and that would mean that there are people to still continue to enter into the Kingdom of God while here on earth with the Kingdom of God being in the heart of believers, who have God dwelling inside of them, in hope for going on to be with Yahavah after this life. That is why there is no reason for Yahavah to take out the world as it is today, he took out the world that was of that day. Not to say that America can bankrupt itself, or civil unrest, or bombs dropped on it, or volcano reactivates all of a sudden. Gotta continue to hope and trust Yahavah, as one goes in faith and endure whatever may happened to the end to be saved to the Kingdom after this life choosing to serve God and love God first and love others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians have that view. And many do not. The view is wrong. The length of the messiah's ministry is not addressed in Daniel 9:24-26. Ezekiel 39 provides infallible proof that the 7 years is still unfulfilled, simply because it is Jesus Himself speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to this earth (sometime before 2037 ends), His Second Coming.

The time of the Gentiles began in 70 AD when the Jews were taken captives into the nations. Luke 21:20-24.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

There may have been mixed Jewish people that were captive, but there was no more pure blooded, tribes of Israel. Because Yahavah, killed them all off, with the use of the Romans. And the Lord Jesus Christ, rescued the 144,000 virgins of that day, of the 12 tribes making sure there would be no bloodline to go on. Now it is about being born again of God.

The Witness John​

6 There [c]came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 [d]He came [e]as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 [f]He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

9 There was the true Light [g]which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His [h]own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were [i]born, not of [j]blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And not of blood. Those are just some of my observations. The comment on 2037 seems a bit of a stretch, but I am just sharing via my point of view. Perhaps you are right and I am wrong, love to you all the same as anyone else just sharing.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, @Earburner. I do not think that the Gospel will ever stopped being preached. I believe it reached the world known at the time for the purpose of the fulfilment of the gentiles coming in to trample Jerusalem, was all on Yahavah by the use of the Romans to crush Jerusalem. But it seems you do not agree with that interpretation which is okay. To me the reason why the Gospel should never stopped being preached, is because Jesus promised his words would never go away, and that would mean that there are people to still continue to enter into the Kingdom of God while here on earth with the Kingdom of God being in the heart of believers, who have God dwelling inside of them, in hope for going on to be with Yahavah after this life. That is why there is no reason for Yahavah to take out the world as it is today, he took out the world that was of that day. Not to say that America can bankrupt itself, or civil unrest, or bombs dropped on it, or volcano reactivates all of a sudden. Gotta continue to hope and trust Yahavah, as one goes in faith and endure whatever may happened to the end to be saved to the Kingdom after this life choosing to serve God and love God first and love others.
I understand your perspective. However, I believe that the 1000 years is figurative for the present Age of God's Grace through faith in Jesus. God has put no time limit on it, however there is an end to it, due to no one turning to God in repentance.

Rev. 16:9
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Rev. 16:11
And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Rev. 9:20
And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Rev. 9:21
Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

EDIT: let's all be reminded of the words of Jesus, and THE Day of His return from Heaven, in all His Immortal Glory:
Luke 17
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until THE DAY that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But THE SAME DAY [24 hours] that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 EVEN THUS shall it be IN THE DAY  WHEN the Son of man is revealed.
2 Thes. 1:7-10

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God revealed what needed to know to the Lord Jesus, the Jesus put a time to it, by and through John, but alas you’re gonna believe what you will and that is fine. Revelation is an overview of the destruction taken in by Israel. To me the 1,000 was figurative, and the starting was at the stoning of Steven onward, it seems Satan was bound for a time, before the last being Romans coming in as Yahavah used Satan to get what needed to be done, done. The flames of horror and screams of terror, never even turning back to Yahavah when they had the chance possibly. Anyway it gets boring to talk about after awhile especially with one who doesn’t desire to change their mind. It’s okay though. :) all the best and thank you for the time spent.

”The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

A revelation that was given from God to Jesus, to show. His servants things which must shortly come to pass; And he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.

Last edited:

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the 1,000 was figurative, and the starting was at the stoning of Steven onward, it seems Satan was bound for a time, before the last being Romans coming in as Yahavah used Satan to get what needed to be done, done.
If I’m understanding you correctly you place the 1,000 years from Stephen to 70AD, or really just prior to 70AD?

If so, I too have thought about that, to me it appears that prophetically speaking there was nothing to prevent Satan from destroying Jerusalem after the cross, or maybe after the stoning of Stephen. I think Satan was bound from exercising his right which could be why the millennium is sometimes depicted as a time of peace.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I’m understanding you correctly you place the 1,000 years from Stephen to 70AD, or really just prior to 70AD?
Really just prior to 70Ad, generation is suggested to be 40 years, I take that 40 from the time Jesus spoke to his disciples on the mount of olives, the devil scene with Jesus was a bit before that though.
If so, I too have thought about that, to me it appears that prophetically speaking there was nothing to prevent Satan from destroying Jerusalem after the cross, or maybe after the stoning of Stephen. I think Satan was bound from exercising his right which could be why the millennium is sometimes depicted as a time of peace.
Could have been as early as when the Devil left for a season, after tempting Jesus, good question. Gonna head off to try to hopefully sleep.

Reactions: grafted branch

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The millennium will be a time when the great tribulation martyrs are resurrected into eternal incorruptible bodies to reign with Jesus during the thousand years.

Since the great tribulation has not happened yet, nor them martyred during that time - and not resurrected to into eternal incorruptible bodies - the millennium is future.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really just prior to 70Ad, generation is suggested to be 40 years, I take that 40 from the time Jesus spoke to his disciples on the mount of olives, the devil scene with Jesus was a bit before that though.

Could have been as early as when the Devil left for a season, after tempting Jesus, good question. Gonna head off to try to hopefully sleep.
I know you’re heading off to bed, I am too in a couple of hours, so no hurry in responding.

The rest of the dead lived not again not again till the thousand years were finished. That means they come to life when Satan compasses the camp of the saints. I’ve been placing the camp of the saints as Jerusalem and the fire that comes down devouring the camp of the saints, not devouring those who compass the camp of the saints.

In Luke 17:30-31 it says in the day the Son of man is revealed they are to flee. I’ve been thinking that the revealing is when Israel’s blindness in part is removed, or they come to life.

In Luke 9:60 Jesus says let the dead bury their dead, which shows that the word dead <3498> doesn’t necessarily mean physically dead.

Ok, I’m just looking to maybe compare notes on some of this to see how you deal with some of these things.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The millennium will be a time when the great tribulation martyrs are resurrected into eternal incorruptible bodies to reign with Jesus during the thousand years.

Since the great tribulation has not happened yet, nor them martyred during that time - and not resurrected to into eternal incorruptible bodies - the millennium is future.
Well Revelation 6:9-11 shows some martyrs asking how long, do you think this is part of a future tribulation?