The Absolute Equality of Jesus With The Father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already made this point in the OP, that the Two are "distnict", the other time I used "separate" I have now corrected. Also, the Name in Isaiah 9:6, "The Everlasting Father", does not make Jesus Christ and the Father the same Person. The Hebrew is "Father of eternity", the One Who possesses eternity, and is the source of all life.
The Father of eternity is still the Father.

There is only one Father (Malachi 2:10).

The Father and Jesus are distinct in that the Father is a Spirit that inhabits eternity and Jesus is the same Spirit come in human flesh (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4).

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:24-28 NKJV — Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, Then the Son Himself will also be subjecthent to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 15:24-28 NKJV — Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

This is speaking about the Mediatorial Office of Jesus Christ, from the time of His Birth, till His Ascension to Heaven. It is very clear from passages like Revelation 11:15, and 22:1, which I have shown in the OP, that BOTH God the Father and Jesus Christ are JOINT Rulers. There is NO subordination in the Godhead, as to the Persons of the Holy Trinity. This "subordination" is purely functional, relating to Jesus' Incarnation, as can be seen from John 17:5, Philippians 2:5-11, and Hebrews 2:7-9.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so Jesus Christ, Who is in Isaiah 9:6 called "The Mighty God", is also God the Father? so they are ONE Person?
They are one Spirit, one Lord, and one God (Ephesians 4:4-6).

Even the same Spirit, the same Lord, and the same God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

I would suggest that you read posts #1-#6 of my thread on the Trinity.

True Trinity.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you understand John 1:1, for example?
How should I understand it? Why should I explain it to you? Are you interested in hearing or in simply winning an argument? Would you really want to know the Truth if you were wrong on any point? By faith you seemingly believe some things differently than I do. Should I throw my hands up in the air and admit that you must be right and I must be wrong?

You should know that I was baptized Catholic at age 6 [1949] and at least nominally was a Trinitarian. I was baptized again in water and received the baptism of the Holy Ghost at age 32 [1976] in Oneness Jesus Only assembly. In 1987 I left that place as well. I have not returned to either of those places.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

God to me is no Multiplicity! For me that includes not being a Trinitarian. I speak only for myself at the moment. What do I embrace? I embrace God and His Son. What do I know? Only what He shows me when He does, but how can I separate what I only believe from that in me which God know is true? God can, but who else can? Me? You? I think not in both cases!

Where He leads me I will follow. Must I have an unchangeable creed to please you? God is unchangeable! I believe that, but how well do I know and understand all of the things of God? Do you know them so clearly or do you only believe on some of them? Can you separate the knowledge from the faith parts? God can!

Consider how well Apostle Paul was able to see when he penned the following words:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

In his natural lifetime, did Paul ever see "face to face" or know more than "in part"? And me? And you?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. Jesus commends his soul into the Father’s hand. The Father does not commend his soul into Jesus hand.

Jesus prayed to the Father. The Father did not pray to Jesus.

you just don't get it? Jesus Christ while ON EARTH, was subordinate to the Father, as the Suffering Servant. Yet, even at this time, while God-Man, He said in John 5:23, "so that all will honor the Son just as they honor the Father. The one who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.". What does this say to you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets see some of this?
I think that maybe you should begin a journey of seeking to understand the Oneness of God in the Trinity as you read your Bible.

If I show it to you, you may reject it.

But if you see it on your own, you will believe it for yourself.

Also, I have given some of what you might be able to understand along this venue in my thread on the Trinity (posts #1-#6).

True Trinity.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just don't get it? Jesus Christ while ON EARTH, was subordinate to the Father,

I do get it. I reject this dualism. Jesus is not God - on any plane of existence Earth or otherwise.

There is a verse in Revelations that says Jesus wants to return but is restrained. This implies he is STILL doing the will of the Father and not any kind of equal.