The Absolute Equality of Jesus With The Father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sad reliance on a trinitarian corrupted translation. From a literal translation of the verse.

Romans 1:20
New Revised Standard Version

20 Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse;

the English term "Godhead" actually means "the Divine Nature", which is singular. No problem with either translation, as it says the same thing

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I did say that.

:) Nothing is impossible for God.
"I and the father are one."

It’s not a question of possible but what is absent from the Bible. The trinity is not in the Bible. The entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day. Therefore, projecting trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text is futile.

The idea that this common expression meaning people are on the same page over turns the 1C is preposterous.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Therefore, projecting trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text is futile

John 1:1, itself destroys any idea that the God of the Bible can in any way be Unitarian. Let the Scriptures speak for themselves, without any bias being applied to them.

John then says that “the Word was with God”. Better in the Greek, “καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν”. Here we have “ὁ λόγος” (the Word), Who is the Lord Jesus Christ. We also now have “τὸν θεόν”, literally “the God”, which contextually, as seen from verse 18, is God the Father. John here uses the Greek preposition, “πρὸς”, which shows a distinction between, “ὁ λόγος”, and “τὸν θεόν”, as this preposition has the meaning of, “face to face with”, “in the presence of”. Quite impossible for “ὁ λόγος” and “τὸν θεόν”, being on and the same Person. Here we have the teaching of the “UniPersonal” God of the Bible. This destroys any idea of “Unitarianism”, and shows that, with the Holy Spirit, that the only correct understanding of the Godhead, is Trinitarian.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not a question of possible but what is absent from the Bible. The trinity is not in the Bible. The entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day. Therefore, projecting trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text is futile.

The idea that this common expression meaning people are on the same page over turns the 1C is preposterous.
True. The Triune separate person's of God teaching was not of Jesus. But of Theophilus in A.D. 168 and onward. Tertullian too in A.D 220.
Men brought that teaching.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:18 is the summary statement for the Gospel of John.

No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you just trying to argue your point regardless of the facts? This is a waste of time

I’ve already totally refuted the claim. I’m not going to do it in multiple languages.

BTW, a rationalization is hardly a fact. The fact is the trinity is not in the Bible, which is monotheist text.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I speak English. I am Groot.

See my signature.
There you are! LOL! Haven't heard that name in a long time. ;)

groot_dance_v3.gif

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know that my first post in this thread detailing many inequalities has been ignored.

John 3:16. God sent his son. The Son did not send God. See the inequality?

The Son IS Almighty God, as The Father Himself addresses Jesus as God in Hebrews 1:8. The Father also tells the angels to WORSHIP Jesus Christ in verse 6. In verses 10-12, the Father says that Creation is the Work of Jesus Christ. This shows COMPLETE EQUALITY between the Father and Jesus Christ. Simple!