The Absolute Equality of Jesus With The Father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not the Father.

1 John 2:22 (NKJV)
22 He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
Great verse. Jesus was God in flesh. If we recall the verse that tells us all that is created is of and from God, and recall the verse that tells us God formed himself in Mary's womb.
Philippians 2:7
It is recognizing Jesus as God, not denying. Immanuel=God with us. Matthew 1:23
And in the Old Testament. Isaiah
7:14, Isaiah 8:8

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then who is the Word that was God and became flesh? Scripture please.
John 1:11 (NKJV)

God did not become flesh. The word of God was put into a man’s mouth as Deutoronomy 18:15-18 said.

The only God is Jesus’ God as the resurrected Jesus said in John 20:17 and Revelations 3.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your opinion against John.

Not at all. It’s my opinion against he 4th century man-made doctrinal invention.

God did not become flesh. His word was put into a prophets mouth, as Moses put it. John put it more figurative as God’s words became flesh.

But this is so far from the OP. See post #9 for list of many inequalities between God and his son.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. It’s my opinion against he 4th century man-made doctrinal invention.

God did not become flesh. His word was put into a prophets mouth, as Moses put it. John put it more figurative as God’s words became flesh.
You're TOTALLY making that up!
But this is so far from the OP. See post #9 for list of many inequalities between God and his son.
So you're saying the Bible is wrong and you are right? What are your credentials?

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. Revelation 2:18-23 (NKJV)
'These things says the Son of God, … 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Jesus is God!

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same One who created us and called Himself US and OUR.
Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;

It is a trinitarian presumption God was not merely referring to other heavenly beings. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual facts are clear that Jesus is co equal to the Father, and is co-creator of the world, and everything that was made, then was born into the world He made.

John 1:1 tells us “in the beginning”, (taking us back to Genesis 1:1 and creation of the world) was the word, and the word was WITH god, and WAS God, and reiterates that the same (the Word) was “in the beginning” with God, verse 2.

Note that it takes two people to be WITH each other - you can’t be with yourself, only by yourself.

God was WITH God, in the beginning, at creation.

And just so it’s clear that the Word is Jesus, John 1 tells us that the Word who was WITH God and WAS God, made all things including the world, then was born into the world that He made::

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And the Old Testament shows us the trinity:

In Genesis 1:1 it says that in the beginning ELOHIM said, let us make God in our image.

Elohim is not the singular name of God, it’s the PLURAL name of God, literally defined as GODS in the Strongs Hebrew dictionary.

Thus we have in Genesis 1, the plural God saying let US, man man in OUR image.

The verse, Hear oh Israel, the Lord God is ONE, also shows us the trinity, since the word in Hebrew is ECHAD, which means one in COMPOSITE unity, such as ONE sheet of 3 layered plywood, or ONE cluster of many grapes.

Jesus is co-creator who made all things, Colossians 1:16, and in Him is ALL the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily, Colossians 2:9.

When Jesus left the form of God to take the form of a man, and a humble servant, he became subservient to the Father - and remains that way after His resurrection - which doesn’t change the truth He is God by His very nature.
Curtis..

Before you continue building up your house of Trinity with a foundation made of sand I would suggest you take a serious relook at your foundation. It is seriously flawed and ready to crumble.

Your 'clear facts' as you tell me are nothing more that re-parroted historical pieces of misinformation generated by religious pagans that deliberately ignored scripture and brought it to its knees, to conform to their idol worship.

Just look at the Greek transliterated word 'logos' used in John 1. What does it mean in English? One thing logos never means, is an actual person. So where did the idea of making logos a person, and more specifically the man Yahshua?

If you can answer this 'puzzle, although it really is not, I will listen and read more of your words. Until then, you are wasting your time on me.

I do love to learn, and your post is typical of the nonsense I've seen many times in the past. I do not learn anything, only reinforce what I already believe on this topic you have presented.

APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're saying the Bible is wrong and you are right.

No. I guess you did not read my signature. I’m saying trinitarian projection onto monotheist text is wrong. Do you know the Shema? What was Jesus saying in Mark 12:29, 32 and John 17:3?

John 17:3
The Voice

2-3 because You have given Me total authority over humanity. I have come bearing the plentiful gifts of God; and all who receive Me will experience everlasting life, a new intimate relationship with You (the one True God) and Jesus the Anointed (the One You have sent).

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a trinitarian presumption God was not merely referring to other heavenly beings. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important.
Stop trying to rewrite the Bible. I don't think you're qualified. So God didn't create us? lol

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I guess you did not read my signature. I’m saying trinitarian projection onto monotheist text is wrong.
Every English Bible says you're wrong. Even the NWT!
Do you know the Shema? What was Jesus saying in Mark 12:29, 32 and John 17:3?
It's quite easy to quote Scripture. Try it.
John 17:3
The Voice
2-3 because You have given Me total authority over humanity. I have come bearing the plentiful gifts of God; and all who receive Me will experience everlasting life, a new intimate relationship with You (the one True God) and Jesus the Anointed (the One You have sent).
Were you educated at Kingdom Hall?