The Age of God’s Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
??? So you don't want to answer???

Believe and repent is indeed that beginning of the walk... A walk where we follow Jesus! A disciple gets no reward for beginning to follow Jesus and then giving up... The word tells us that if we do not bear fruit we will be cut off. To deny this is fundamentally wrong. Obedience to God's commands is always a good thing.

I will not be taught by anyone just because they are older than me... That makes no sense! You talk as if I should be submitted to you as unto Christ on the basis of the fact you are older, and call yourself Christian. In a functioning church, that works... Two people meeting on a forum? No.

I gave you a reason to say I disagreed, and gave you scriptures... You go on to NOT explain the scriptures, and yet say I'm the one who's not teachable! Doesn't make sense at all! :huh:

I was not referring only to myself there are many others here who are more spiritually mature that have received the same treatment from you. Your post history speaks for itself Prentis. This was said to encourage you to take notice of your attitude and choose the manner in which you word your posts, and stop trying to be everyone's teacher. Feel free to express your opinions but realize that is what they are, and maybe then we can appreciate your gifting and you can reciprocate the same.

Again I see no sense in trying to build up without a proper foundation being laid first. But if one is not willing to tear down what is faulty then any attempt is futile.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I was not referring only to myself there are many others here who are more spiritually mature that have received the same treatment from you. Your post history speaks for itself Prentis. This was said to encourage you to take notice of your attitude and choose the manner in which you word your posts, and stop trying to be everyone's teacher. Feel free to express your opinions but realize that is what they are, and maybe then we can appreciate your gifting and you can reciprocate the same.

Again I see no sense in trying to build up without a proper foundation being laid first. But if one is not willing to tear down what is faulty then any attempt is futile.

I'm sorry about my attitude.

I'm very zealous and I wish to arrive at biblical truth...

...And I get carried away. I realize this is not right. I'm sorry to you and all I might have offended.

I'm gonna take a step back and think on all this.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Thank you Prentis for your humble reply I can really sense it is genuine and it blesses me.This is not an easy task at least not for me but I am not offended and I hope that no one else is either but if there are, your response should be more than sufficient to make amends.
I do enjoy to see people that have a zeal for the Lord but speaking from experience we need to be careful that our zealousness does not get in the way where it hinders our gifts to the body. Paul speaks on this very thing in Romans chapter 12.

God bless.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Thank you Prentis for your humble reply I can really sense it is genuine and it blesses me.This is not an easy task at least not for me but I am not offended and I hope that no one else is either but if there are, your response should be more than sufficient to make amends.
I do enjoy to see people that have a zeal for the Lord but speaking from experience we need to be careful that our zealousness does not get in the way where it hinders our gifts to the body. Paul speaks on this very thing in Romans chapter 12.

God bless.

You are right, jiggy.

Thank you for your correction. :)

I need to learn this.

Blessings to you...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God bless.

Very good!

It is good that you grasp one thing and also not let go of the other; for the one who fears God comes forth with both of them. Eccl. 7:18

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Very good!

It is good that you grasp one thing and also not let go of the other; for the one who fears God comes forth with both of them. Eccl. 7:18

Galatians 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Very good!

I see! :) Grab a hold of zeal, but do not let go of humility. Get knowledge, but do not lose wisdom.

Thanks for the guidance, guys!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stupid reply that says I call Jesus my buddy. I never said that so you a bearing a false witness just as those that condemned Jesus.

I call Jesus my friend and savior. If you don't then you do not know Him.

You very curiously omit the Lord part of the relationship! Of course to you obedience is works so Jesus cannot be your Lord...

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
You very curiously omit the Lord part of the relationship! Of course to you obedience is works so Jesus cannot be your Lord...

To me, obedience is to believe in the work of Jesus on the cross and not in my works of righteousness. To have confidence that I have been placed 'In Christ" and His righteousness is God's gift to me.

Your comment is stupid! --- How do I ""omit"" the Lord when I preach that it is belief, faith, trust and confidence in the work of our ""Lord"" on the cross that has set us free from our sins of the flesh? I am sorry but I see what you say as very stupid.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To me, obedience is to believe in the work of Jesus on the cross and not in my works of righteousness. To have confidence that I have been placed 'In Christ" and His righteousness is God's gift to me.

Your comment is stupid! --- How do I ""omit"" the Lord when I preach that it is belief, faith, trust and confidence in the work of our ""Lord"" on the cross that has set us free from our sins of the flesh? I am sorry but I see what you say as very stupid.

The truth is foolishness to the carnal man. I receive your remarks as proof that you do not understand the gospel, but rather have turned aside to fables.

The carnal man can indeed seek to believe and trust in a salvation scheme...but this is precisely what Jesus is warning us about when He says..."Many will say to Me on that day..Lord Lord...

These are condemned as not law abiding. So you have failed to see that Jesus saves a man in order to have him OBEY the commandments....not be excused away from them.

We are to fulfill the will of God, not sidestep it. We are to walk as Jesus walked in the earth, sinless, holy and blameless. This comes about through the power of the cross to kill the old sin nature in order to live in the newness of life in the inward man.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
The truth is foolishness to the carnal man. I receive your remarks as proof that you do not understand the gospel, but rather have turned aside to fables.

The carnal man can indeed seek to believe and trust in a salvation scheme...but this is precisely what Jesus is warning us about when He says..."Many will say to Me on that day..Lord Lord...

These are condemned as not law abiding. So you have failed to see that Jesus saves a man in order to have him OBEY the commandments....not be excused away from them.

We are to fulfill the will of God, not sidestep it. We are to walk as Jesus walked in the earth, sinless, holy and blameless. This comes about through the power of the cross to kill the old sin nature in order to live in the newness of life in the inward man.

So, to you, our salvation is based on our being able to overcome our sinful nature by our works. Salvation comes through your work of not sinning. How is that working out for you have you reached sinlessness yet?

Sorry but the scriptures teach that all men are sinful in the flesh and that Jesus came to save sinners, those who can not save themselves. I have been saved by what God did on the cross in Jesus Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, to you, our salvation is based on our being able to overcome our sinful nature by our works. Salvation comes through your work of not sinning. How is that working out for you have you reached sinlessness yet?

Sorry but the scriptures teach that all men are sinful in the flesh and that Jesus came to save sinners, those who can not save themselves. I have been saved by what God did on the cross in Jesus Christ.

No, we overcome through the inner man in Christ. Jesus lives INSIDE and wins IN us. We are sinful before because we are in bondage and darkness to the fallen nature.

We do not attain sinlessness...Christ is already sinless! So when He lives through us we cannot sin. As long as we abide in Christ, sin is not possible.

Paul said..It is NO LONGER I THAT LIVES! You must look deeper into this...

But Christ lives in me...and the life (new) I now live is INSIDE Christ. INSIDE Christ there is no sin.

In ourselves we cannot do a thing! We are helpless.

But the grace of God is made effective in our weakness when we surrender to be indwelt by Jesus Christ. THEN we are set free from darkness and brought into His wonderful light. We are FILLED with HIS FULNESS and live as an overcomer.

Are there any others here that can testify to this power of the gospel?

2Co_3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

We are not debtors to the old nature to live from ourselves and do the best we can....no, we are debtors to Christ to live FROM grace. We do not rebuild what has been destroyed...we are dead in Christ. If we live from ourselves we become transgressors. Why would we go back to living according to the flesh?

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

We are not debtors to the old nature to live from ourselves and do the best we can....no, we are debtors to Christ to live FROM grace. We do not rebuild what has been destroyed...we are dead in Christ. If we live from ourselves we become transgressors. Why would we go back to living according to the flesh?

Galatians 2:16-3:3
16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
17 "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!
18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Justification by Faith (cf. Romans 4) 3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
NKJV

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Galatians 2:16-3:3
16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
17 "But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!
18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

Justification by Faith (cf. Romans 4) 3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
NKJV

We are being made perfect by the Spirit by the indwelling Spirit. The flesh profits nothing. What men are too weak to do CHRIST does IN them by faith.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Richard, do you deny that the grace of God is sufficient to stop you from sinning?

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Richard, do you deny that the grace of God is sufficient to stop you from sinning?

Only the born again Spirit is sinless because of the power of the cross. No where does the scriptures say were are sinless in the flesh.

If you can stop sinning in the flesh you would not need God's grace. You can be saved under the law of works by your works.

You said, "We are being made perfect by the Spirit by the indwelling Spirit. The flesh profits nothing. What men are too weak to do CHRIST does IN them by faith."

If the flesh profits nothing why do you say it can make you perfect by works?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only the born again Spirit is sinless because of the power of the cross. No where does the scriptures say were are sinless in the flesh.

If you can stop sinning in the flesh you would not need God's grace. You can be saved under the law of works by your works.

You said, "We are being made perfect by the Spirit by the indwelling Spirit. The flesh profits nothing. What men are too weak to do CHRIST does IN them by faith."

If the flesh profits nothing why do you say it can make you perfect by works?

What you are saying is that the Spirit profits nothing. Is the flesh more powerful than God? We are made perfect by the Spirit so that we walk as Jesus walked.

Did Jesus sin? Did Jesus have a human body?

Jesus perfected the walk in THIS kind of body on THIS earth with THE SAME temptations as we. So by the Spirit we also overcome just as He did. This power is called grace and it works by faith.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are still sinful in the flesh - Jesus rightful called us evil. The only thing that has changed for Christians is that we have been justified (forgiven) and are being sanctified (taught how not to resort to sin, but trust in God instead) in order to become citizens of Heaven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are still sinful in the flesh - Jesus rightful called us evil. The only thing that has changed for Christians is that we have been justified (forgiven) and are being sanctified (taught how not to resort to sin, but trust in God instead) in order to become citizens of Heaven.

Another one!!! ;)

To teach sinfulness in the flesh is to deny the power of the cross. We are dead to sin who are dead in Christ. We are alive to God who are born again from above according to the Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not sin, and neither do they who walk in His power.