THE AGE OF MAN IS OVER ONE MILLION YEARS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile), I saw that years ago... makes you think, ... with this new impossible burger from BK, and now KFC is going in that direction.... who knows what in the food supply.

thanks,

PICJAG.
When Trump orders us to eat the elderly in 2056(when he is still President), then he can count out my vote. Lol

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
"Confusion" in the scriptures is better understood as: God is not the author of disorder.

However, God IS the author of "confounded" language since Babel, an order that has not been rescinded, even regarding scripture.

As for the age of things, whether it is biblical young earth knowledge or scientific data...time (even scientifically) is an illusion. It does not exist with God, only within creation; which was created for a finite purpose and is coming to pass. As the illusion goes, each has their own: both the godly and the ungodly. So, what? What does it matter? It doesn't matter in the least - it's an illusion.

I am not confused, I have always felt like, if it makes sense then it is probably true. It makes sense because God is not he author of confusion. When Jesus said,
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,
Who was the murderer? Cain.

Same is true when dinosaurs bones that are millions of year old, God didn't put them there to confuse, that might mean God could lie, and we know he can't.

We need to accept what scripture says.

There isn't anything that I have learned that is a salvation issue. It has been additional knowledge.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Noah was over 40000 years old. Riiiight! Lol.
Oh Renniks. I'm suggesting that Time passed normally *inside* of the Ark. Outside of the Ark, Time passed differently.

Check this out...

Genesis 7:16
"And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in"

Think about why God had to personally shut the door of the Ark. Was it to keep anyone from entering?

In addition, think about how it was done. Was it an Angel that did it? Did God personally appear in a physical body to do it?

Think of what it would have taken to accomplish such as task. There is more to the story. Noah was 'sealed' in the Ark. There is a Mystery to be solved here.

Now then...

They say Context is everything. When we look at the 'thousand years as a day' verse, we see it in the context of the Flood event.

Why?

Is it just a coincidence? Now look at this verse...

Psalms 90:4
"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night"

Now we have a Second Witness as to this 'thousand years as a day' business. And what do you know?

The next verse please...

Psalms 90:5
"Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up"

God is teaching us that something happened during the Flood in which a day was like a thousand years.

full

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Renniks. I'm suggesting that Time passed normally *inside* of the Ark. Outside of the Ark, Time passed differently.

Check this out...

"And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in"

Think about why God had to personally shut the door of the Ark. Was it to keep anyone from entering?

In addition, think about how it was done. Was it an Angel that did it? Did God personally appear in a physical body to do it?

Think of what it would have taken to accomplish such as task. There is more to the story. Noah was 'sealed' in the Ark. There is a Mystery to be solved here.

Now then...

They say Context is everything. When we look at the 'thousand years as a day' verse, we see it in the context of the Flood event.

Why?

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night"

Now we have a Second Witness as to this 'thousand years as a day' business. And what do you know?

The next verse please...

"Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up"

God is teaching us that something happened during the Flood in which a day was like a thousand years.

full
Another one of your far out ideas. Find me one reputable Bible scholar that agrees with this wild speculation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Trump orders us to eat the elderly in 2056(when he is still President), then he can count out my vote. Lol
lol, 2056, I hope not, because we might be on the human steak way before then... (smile). but in the mean-time get some good toothpicks to get those hard human bone pieces from out between the teeth.

take care

PICJAG

Reactions: Truther
Mar 30, 2020
Arlington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Message for the Human Race

Firstly, God formed the physical body of man from the dust (specifically clay) of the ground. Throughout the Scriptures, the physical body of man is likened to clay, not just the vague dust of the ground, so that we should expect clay to have played an important part in the evolutionary process that culminated in man.

What does the scientific record say?

The evolution of life presents a similar problem, and may have followed the same kind of sequence, beginning with the existence of a suitable crystal, probably a very small one, relatively insoluble in water. A colloidal mineral would be ideal, and none is in fact more common, or better suited to the needs of a primitive gene, or more appropriate in a biblical sense, than clay.149

Scientific evidence and Scripture concur!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.

If mankind in Gen 1 were created just 2000 years prior, still leaves a big gap.

I have wondered for several years why would God try to confuse us when scripture says:
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

By searching for an answer, here is what I understand so far:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was(H1961) without form, and void;

הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass

become or became
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form (wrong translation)

Gen 1:2 And the earth BECAME without form (RIGHT TRANSLATION)

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

I am not confused anymore!
Evolutionary science is often not objective and is dominated by atheists and their wishful thinking, some of which morphs into downrght unscientific fantasy. I mean, for starters, we're talking about dreamers who think something as ridiculously complex as a living cell arose by blind chance out of sea-water - that is rank, irrational superstition, not science!

I believe life on earth began perhaps millions of even billions of years ago, but as for Adam and Eve, I believe they were created much more recently.

If humans have been around for millions of years, where is that suggested by recorded history? Are we to believe that the human race s millions of years old, but they only discovered how to write in the last six thousand years?

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Message for the Human Race

Firstly, God formed the physical body of man from the dust (specifically clay) of the ground. Throughout the Scriptures, the physical body of man is likened to clay, not just the vague dust of the ground, so that we should expect clay to have played an important part in the evolutionary process that culminated in man.

What does the scientific record say?

The evolution of life presents a similar problem, and may have followed the same kind of sequence, beginning with the existence of a suitable crystal, probably a very small one, relatively insoluble in water. A colloidal mineral would be ideal, and none is in fact more common, or better suited to the needs of a primitive gene, or more appropriate in a biblical sense, than clay.149

Scientific evidence and Scripture concur!
There is a world of difference between inanimate matter per se and inanimate matter worked on by God Almighty. Believing that inanimate matter can arrange itself naturally into a living cell is unscientific and pure fantasy.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is a world of difference between inanimate matter per se and inanimate matter worked on by God Almighty. Believing that inanimate matter can arrange itself naturally into a living cell is unscientific and pure fantasy.
Welcome back! I missed you. I was concerned that you might have got sick with the virus and I encouraged the folks to pray for you.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Evolutionary science is often not objective and is dominated by atheists and their wishful thinking, some of which morphs into downrght unscientific fantasy. I mean, for starters, we're talking about dreamers who think something as ridiculously complex as a living cell arose by blind chance out of sea-water - that is rank, irrational superstition, not science!

I believe life on earth began perhaps millions of even billions of years ago, but as for Adam and Eve, I believe they were created much more recently.

If humans have been around for millions of years, where is that suggested by recorded history? Are we to believe that the human race s millions of years old, but they only discovered how to write in the last six thousand years?

n2thelight's understanding of scripture and those of E W Bullinger convinced me that there was an earlier heaven and earth that existed before earth and mankind as we know it.

Genesis 1 Commentary - E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I included unnatural deaths(wars etc).

In 6000 more years, life will be unsustainable per the population double-ings.(barely over 1 billion 100 years ago, 7 billion now) Think about it.
this is a part I think many fail to realize.

due to medical breakthroughs and all. People are living longer, Having more kids. And they are living longer. we have went from 1 billion to 7 billion in less than 100 years. and it keeps climbing And that WITH WW1 and WW2 and other factors in included.

Many scientists now believe by the 2050's there will not be enough food to sustain the population.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not confused, I have always felt like, if it makes sense then it is probably true. It makes sense because God is not he author of confusion. When Jesus said,
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,
Who was the murderer? Cain.

Same is true when dinosaurs bones that are millions of year old, God didn't put them there to confuse, that might mean God could lie, and we know he can't.

We need to accept what scripture says.

There isn't anything that I have learned that is a salvation issue. It has been additional knowledge.
The bible says death is a result of sin

Sin did not enter the world UNTIL adam and Eve

Thus using your own criteria. There could not have been death BEFORE adam and eve.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Check this out...

Now then...

Why?

The next verse please...

full
ok, Now I think I have heard everything

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a part I think many fail to realize.

due to medical breakthroughs and all. People are living longer, Having more kids. And they are living longer. we have went from 1 billion to 7 billion in less than 100 years. and it keeps climbing And that WITH WW1 and WW2 and other factors in included.

Many scientists now believe by the 1950's there will not be enough food to sustain the population.
I think you mean 2050's?

Can you imagine the earth 500 years from now, the way it is going?

Exactly, it is unfathomable.

This is why Jesus will return soon to make the earth livable for the next 1000 years.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you mean 2050's?

Can you imagine the earth 500 years from now, the way it is going?

Exactly, it is unfathomable.

This is why Jesus will return soon to make the earth livable for the next 1000 years.
yes thank you..

I am not sure we can survive the next 50, let alone the next 500,, I truly belief spring is upon us, as we see the signs jesus spoke of in Matt 24

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes thank you..

I am not sure we can survive the next 50, let alone the next 500,, I truly belief spring is upon us, as we see the signs jesus spoke of in Matt 24
I am all about the Millennial Reign of Christ these days.
Just tired of politicians trying to make the world the utopia that will never happen by mankind.
Jesus will finalize the promises about this utopia.

What a beautiful day that will be.
Even the dead in Christ will be back on earth!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am all about the Millennial Reign of Christ these days.
Just tired of politicians trying to make the world the utopia that will never happen by mankind.
Jesus will finalize the promises about this utopia.

What a beautiful day that will be.
Even the dead in Christ will be back on earth!
Amen

I do not see hope for this world. I am waiting for a charismatic leader from Europe to come and promise to end the world financial crisis and try to bring about peace for all.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
n2thelight's understanding of scripture and those of E W Bullinger convinced me that there was an earlier heaven and earth that existed before earth and mankind as we know it.

Genesis 1 Commentary - E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes
According to what I see in Genesis 1 is that the earth was created first and surrounded with water. What we see is that the earth was without form and void, and the Holy Spirit moved across the face of the waters. This was also before God said, "Let there be light!". The sun, moon and stars were created later, making the Bible order of creation different to how we are taught by cosmos scientists about the big bang. So, the literal reading of the Scripture shows that when the earth was created, there were no heavens, just empty space with earth alone in it.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
According to what I see in Genesis 1 is that the earth was created first and surrounded with water. What we see is that the earth was without form and void, and the Holy Spirit moved across the face of the waters. This was also before God said, "Let there be light!". The sun, moon and stars were created later, making the Bible order of creation different to how we are taught by cosmos scientists about the big bang. So, the literal reading of the Scripture shows that when the earth was created, there were no heavens, just empty space with earth alone in it.
I have often said, "if it makes sense, it is most likely correct."
Ethelbert William Bullinger, that indefatigable dispensational theologian and voluminous writer, was born on December 15, 1837, and lived until June 6, 1913. This is what he wrote about Gen Verse 1&2
Verse 1
"THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" (2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). See Structure shown in Genesis Book comments. Creation in eternity past, to which all Fossils and "Remains" belong.

God. Hebrew. Elohim, plural. First occurrence connects it with creation, and denotes, by usage, the Creator in relation to His creatures. See App-4. The Hebrew accent Athnach places the emphasis, and gives pause, on "God" as being Himself the great worker, separating the Worker from His work.

created (singular) Occurs 6 times in this Introduction. Other acts 46 times. See App-5. Perfection implied. Deuteronomy 32:4. 2 Samuel 22:31. Job 38:7. Psalm 111; Psalms 147:3-5. Proverbs 3:19. Ecclesiastes 3:11-14. [Even the Greek Cosmos = ornament. Exodus 33:4-6. Isaiah 49:18. Jeremiah 4:30. Ezekiel 7:20. 1 Peter 3:3.]

the heaven and the earth. With Hebrew Particle "eth before each, emphasizing the article "the", and thus distinguishing both from Genesis 2:1. "Heavens" in Hebrew, always in plural. See note on Deuteronomy 4:26.

Verse 2
And. Note the Figure of speech Polysyndeton (App-6), by which, in the 34 verses of this Introduction, each one of 102 separate acts are emphasized; and the important word "God" in Genesis 1:1 is carried like a lamp through the whole of this Introduction (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 2:3).

the earth. Figure of speech Anadiplosis. See App-6.

was = became. See Genesis 2:7; Genesis 4:3; Genesis 9:15; Genesis 19:26. Exodus 32:1. Deuteronomy 27:9. 2 Samuel 7:24, &c. Also rendered came to pass Genesis 4:14; Genesis 22:1; Genesis 23:1; Genesis 27:1. Joshua 4:1; Joshua 5:1. 1 Kings 13:32. Isaiah 14:24, &c. Also rendered be (in the sense of become) Genesis 1:3, &c, and where the verb "to be" is not in italic type. Hence, Exodus 3:1, kept = became keeper, quit = become men, &c. See App-7.

without form = waste. Hebrew. tohu va bohu. Figure of speech Paronomasia. App-6. Not created tohu (Isaiah 45:18), but became tohu (Genesis 1:2. 2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). " An enemy hath done this" (Matthew 13:25, Matthew 13:28, Matthew 13:39. Compare 1 Corinthians 14:33.) See App-8.

was. This is in italic type, because no verb "to be" in Hebrew. (App-7). In like manner man became a ruin (Genesis 3; Psalms 14:1-3; Psalms 51:5; Psalms 53:1-3. Ecclesiastes 7:20. Romans 7:18).

face. Figure of speech Pleonasm. App-6.

the Spirit of God moved (see App-9) = The beginning of "the heavens and earth which are now" (2 Peter 3:7). It is even so in the New Creation. The Spirit moves (John 3:3-8. Romans 8:5, Romans 8:9, Romans 8:14. Galatians 1:4, Galatians 1:29. 2 Corinthians 5:17, 2 Corinthians 5:18).

deep; waters = Job 38:29-30

This makes sense, and for that reason it is true. If one takes note of all the reference scriptures that absolutely point out that it is true, you can't come to any other conclusion. The bible is full of knowledge for God's people and knowledge is what we should seek.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/bul/genesis.html

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have often said, "if it makes sense, it is most likely correct."
Ethelbert William Bullinger, that indefatigable dispensational theologian and voluminous writer, was born on December 15, 1837, and lived until June 6, 1913. This is what he wrote about Gen Verse 1&2
Verse 1
"THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" (2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). See Structure shown in Genesis Book comments. Creation in eternity past, to which all Fossils and "Remains" belong.

God. Hebrew. Elohim, plural. First occurrence connects it with creation, and denotes, by usage, the Creator in relation to His creatures. See App-4. The Hebrew accent Athnach places the emphasis, and gives pause, on "God" as being Himself the great worker, separating the Worker from His work.

created (singular) Occurs 6 times in this Introduction. Other acts 46 times. See App-5. Perfection implied. Deuteronomy 32:4. 2 Samuel 22:31. Job 38:7. Psalm 111; Psalms 147:3-5. Proverbs 3:19. Ecclesiastes 3:11-14. [Even the Greek Cosmos = ornament. Exodus 33:4-6. Isaiah 49:18. Jeremiah 4:30. Ezekiel 7:20. 1 Peter 3:3.]

the heaven and the earth. With Hebrew Particle "eth before each, emphasizing the article "the", and thus distinguishing both from Genesis 2:1. "Heavens" in Hebrew, always in plural. See note on Deuteronomy 4:26.

Verse 2
And. Note the Figure of speech Polysyndeton (App-6), by which, in the 34 verses of this Introduction, each one of 102 separate acts are emphasized; and the important word "God" in Genesis 1:1 is carried like a lamp through the whole of this Introduction (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 2:3).

the earth. Figure of speech Anadiplosis. See App-6.

was = became. See Genesis 2:7; Genesis 4:3; Genesis 9:15; Genesis 19:26. Exodus 32:1. Deuteronomy 27:9. 2 Samuel 7:24, &c. Also rendered came to pass Genesis 4:14; Genesis 22:1; Genesis 23:1; Genesis 27:1. Joshua 4:1; Joshua 5:1. 1 Kings 13:32. Isaiah 14:24, &c. Also rendered be (in the sense of become) Genesis 1:3, &c, and where the verb "to be" is not in italic type. Hence, Exodus 3:1, kept = became keeper, quit = become men, &c. See App-7.

without form = waste. Hebrew. tohu va bohu. Figure of speech Paronomasia. App-6. Not created tohu (Isaiah 45:18), but became tohu (Genesis 1:2. 2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). " An enemy hath done this" (Matthew 13:25, Matthew 13:28, Matthew 13:39. Compare 1 Corinthians 14:33.) See App-8.

was. This is in italic type, because no verb "to be" in Hebrew. (App-7). In like manner man became a ruin (Genesis 3; Psalms 14:1-3; Psalms 51:5; Psalms 53:1-3. Ecclesiastes 7:20. Romans 7:18).

face. Figure of speech Pleonasm. App-6.

the Spirit of God moved (see App-9) = The beginning of "the heavens and earth which are now" (2 Peter 3:7). It is even so in the New Creation. The Spirit moves (John 3:3-8. Romans 8:5, Romans 8:9, Romans 8:14. Galatians 1:4, Galatians 1:29. 2 Corinthians 5:17, 2 Corinthians 5:18).

deep; waters = Job 38:29-30

This makes sense, and for that reason it is true. If one takes note of all the reference scriptures that absolutely point out that it is true, you can't come to any other conclusion. The bible is full of knowledge for God's people and knowledge is what we should seek.
This is a conflict between the Word of God and the word of man. I wonder what God thinks of a mortal man making judgments about His Word?