THE AGE OF MAN IS OVER ONE MILLION YEARS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The flood lasted 364,000 years. I am always looking for good jokes.

Wikipedia?? Another one of those jokes.
I'm sure whether to rise to the bait or not...
Actually the rain took 40 days to flood the whole world. Then it took time for the flood to recede and the water level low enough for the ark to settle on the ground. Then it would have taken more time for the ground to dry out enough to release all the animals so they could spread over the land. So the year time frame is logical when we think carefully about it.

Also, we don't know how far the ark drifted from its starting point and it might not have been anywhere near Turkey where it landed. We have to realise that the force of the flood totally altered the geography of the world.

It is interesting that they have matched the coastlines of the continents to show that all the land masses were together before the flood, and it was the flood that forced them apart, not a gradual separation over millions of years. Also, there was an ice age after the flood which caused the sea levels to drop causing land bridges between the land masses, and this is why different animals that became native to different countries came to be there. Once the age age was over, the sea levels rose again, separating the land masses.

Although no one was there to see all this happen, except Noah and his family who would have initially continued to live in the vicinity, people remained in the immediate region until the tower of Babel event which scattered the population in their language groups to migrate around the world. A study of the migrations from the tower of Babel from Answers in Genesis is a fascinating one to see how the sons of Noah and their descendants populated the world.

Because none of us were there to verify the actual facts, we can get clues linking place names with the names of the descendants; otherwise it is the best explanation we have. Much better than the evolutionist theory of mankind evolving from apes in the middle of Africa!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sure whether to rise to the bait or not...
Actually the rain took 40 days to flood the whole world. Then it took time for the flood to recede and the water level low enough for the ark to settle on the ground. Then it would have taken more time for the ground to dry out enough to release all the animals so they could spread over the land. So the year time frame is logical when we think carefully about it.

Also, we don't know how far the ark drifted from its starting point and it might not have been anywhere near Turkey where it landed. We have to realise that the force of the flood totally altered the geography of the world.

It is interesting that they have matched the coastlines of the continents to show that all the land masses were together before the flood, and it was the flood that forced them apart, not a gradual separation over millions of years. Also, there was an ice age after the flood which caused the sea levels to drop causing land bridges between the land masses, and this is why different animals that became native to different countries came to be there. Once the age age was over, the sea levels rose again, separating the land masses.

Although no one was there to see all this happen, except Noah and his family who would have initially continued to live in the vicinity, people remained in the immediate region until the tower of Babel event which scattered the population in their language groups to migrate around the world. A study of the migrations from the tower of Babel from Answers in Genesis is a fascinating one to see how the sons of Noah and their descendants populated the world.

Because none of us were there to verify the actual facts, we can get clues linking place names with the names of the descendants; otherwise it is the best explanation we have. Much better than the evolutionist theory of mankind evolving from apes in the middle of Africa!

I wonder who the evolutionists are trying to ape? As for the rest bears thinking about. :rolleyes: Was there any bears around at that time?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I wonder who the evolutionists are trying to ape? As for the rest bears thinking about. :rolleyes: Was there any bears around at that time?
I meant I wasn't sure whether to rise to the bait...
Evolutionists are just monkeying around and just swinging from one failed theory to another. They don't know the difference between a champ and a chimp!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fossils can be adequately explained by the flood.
If one looks at the flood, we can answer pretty much every scientific question out there

if one has seen the damage a local flood can cause, you can imagine the serious catastrophic destruction of a global flood,

chances are, nothing pre flood will be found as it is under miles of sediment left by the flood.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder who the evolutionists are trying to ape?
theory_of_evolution-charles_darwin-darwinist-on_the_origin_of_species-gorilla-animals-CC122223_low.jpg

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.

If mankind in Gen 1 were created just 2000 years prior, still leaves a big gap.

I have wondered for several years why would God try to confuse us when scripture says:
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion

By searching for an answer, here is what I understand so far:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was(H1961) without form, and void;

הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass

become or became
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form (wrong translation)

Gen 1:2 And the earth BECAME without form (RIGHT TRANSLATION)

I am not confused anymore!
With typical population doublings, including natural and unnatural deaths, if man was on earth even 100,000 years, and per the land mass on earth, we would all be shoulder to shoulder and stacked 4 high.

Reactions: marksman

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With typical population doublings, including natural and unnatural deaths, if man was on earth even 100,000 years, and per the land mass on earth, we would all be shoulder to shoulder and stacked 4 high.
first thanks for your reply, not saying that you're right or wrong, but condider this. war is a good population controling device. as well as sickness and disease if unchecked and or uncontrolled. as well as natural disasters on a geological scale.and as said, unatural deaths amoung one another.

so the population of mankind could have been stable. but I do understand your point, just look at the bible how many was killed by the thousands in Israel alone. so the speculation alone is not good enough by itself.

me personally, I believe man has been on this planet way longer than a mere 6,000 years.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for your reply, not saying that you're right or wrong, but condider this. war is a good population controling device. as well as sickness and disease if unchecked and or uncontrolled. as well as natural disasters on a geological scale.and as said, unatural deaths amoung one another.

so the population of mankind could have been stable. but I do understand your point, just look at the bible how many was killed by the thousands in Israel alone. so the speculation alone is not good enough by itself.

me personally, I believe man has been on this planet way longer than a mere 6,000 years.

PICJAG.
I included unnatural deaths(wars etc).

In 6000 more years, life will be unsustainable per the population double-ings.(barely over 1 billion 100 years ago, 7 billion now) Think about it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I included unnatural deaths(wars etc).

In 6000 more years, life will be unsustainable per the population double-ings. Think about it.
maybe, maybe not. but one thing a good science teacher once told me..."Man is good at adaptation to his evironment", so far so true.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe, maybe not. but one thing a good science teacher once told me..."Man is good at adaptation to his evironment", so far so true.

PICJAG.
Soylent Green?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soylent Green?

(smile), I saw that years ago... makes you think, ... with this new impossible burger from BK, and now KFC is going in that direction.... who knows what in the food supply.

thanks,

PICJAG.

Reactions: Truther

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's apply that same line of thought to those that try to age the Earth by adding up lifespans...

2 Peter 3:8
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day"

Well then...

It would seem that Time is not a constant in Scripture! Could this throw a spanner into the 6,000 year 'theory'?

Let's investigate further...

We know that context is very important, so let's look at what this '1 Day = 1,000 Years' business is referring to by backing up a couple of verses...

2 Peter 3:6
"Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

Interesting! It would seem that during the Flood, a day lasted a thousand years.

:eek:

Let's go ahead and plug this new info into our 'Young Earth' equations...

Genesis 7:12
"And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights"

OK, so if it rained for 40 days, that means it actually rained for 40,000 years!!!

40 X 1,000 = 40,000

But then again...

What if '1,000 years' meant "a really long time".

Hmmmm...

40 x 1,000,000 = 40,000,000

Looks like the flood could have lasted millions of years!!!

While only forty days passed inside of the Ark, the outside world experienced millions of years passing.

Sound crazy?

You Young Earth people need to prove to the World that time passed normally, otherwise your timelines are bogus.

:p
So, Noah was over 40000 years old. Riiiight! Lol.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA

E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes

In the beginning "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" (2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). Creation in eternity past, to which all Fossils and "Remains" belong.

God. Hebrew. Elohim, plural. First occurrence connects it with creation, and denotes, by usage, the Creator in relation to His creatures. The Hebrew accent Athnach places the emphasis, and gives pause, on "God" as being Himself the great worker, separating the Worker from His work.

created (singular) Occurs 6 times in this Introduction. Perfection implied. Deuteronomy 32:4. 2 Samuel 22:31. Job 38:7. Psalm 111; Psalms 147:3-5. Proverbs 3:19. Ecclesiastes 3:11-14. [Even the Greek Cosmos = ornament. Exodus 33:4-6. Isaiah 49:18. Jeremiah 4:30. Ezekiel 7:20. 1 Peter 3:3.]

the heaven and the earth. With Hebrew Particle "eth before each, emphasizing the article "the", and thus distinguishing both from Genesis 2:1. "Heavens" in Hebrew, always in plural. See note on Deuteronomy 4:26.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has been around far longer than we have wanted to accept. This makes sense because it is proven by fossils that have been found.

Is that confusion to Christians? Sure it is, because Adam walked this earth around 8000 years ago but fossils of man are over 1.7 millions years old.

If mankind in Gen 1 were created just 2000 years prior, still leaves a big gap.

I have wondered for several years why would God try to confuse us when scripture says:

By searching for an answer, here is what I understand so far:

Gen 1:2 And the earth was(H1961) without form, and void;

הָיָה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass

become or became
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form (wrong translation)

Gen 1:2 And the earth BECAME without form (RIGHT TRANSLATION)

I am not confused anymore!
"Confusion" in the scriptures is better understood as: God is not the author of disorder.

However, God IS the author of "confounded" language since Babel, an order that has not been rescinded, even regarding scripture.

As for the age of things, whether it is biblical young earth knowledge or scientific data...time (even scientifically) is an illusion. It does not exist with God, only within creation; which was created for a finite purpose and is coming to pass. As the illusion goes, each has their own: both the godly and the ungodly. So, what? What does it matter? It doesn't matter in the least - it's an illusion.

Reactions: onlyme17

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
E.W. Bullinger's Companion Bible Notes

In the beginning "THE WORLD THAT THEN WAS" (2 Peter 3:5, 2 Peter 3:6). Creation in eternity past, to which all Fossils and "Remains" belong.

God. Hebrew. Elohim, plural. First occurrence connects it with creation, and denotes, by usage, the Creator in relation to His creatures. The Hebrew accent Athnach places the emphasis, and gives pause, on "God" as being Himself the great worker, separating the Worker from His work.

created (singular) Occurs 6 times in this Introduction. Perfection implied. Deuteronomy 32:4. 2 Samuel 22:31. Job 38:7. Psalm 111; Psalms 147:3-5. Proverbs 3:19. Ecclesiastes 3:11-14. [Even the Greek Cosmos = ornament. Exodus 33:4-6. Isaiah 49:18. Jeremiah 4:30. Ezekiel 7:20. 1 Peter 3:3.]

the heaven and the earth. With Hebrew Particle "eth before each, emphasizing the article "the", and thus distinguishing both from Genesis 2:1. "Heavens" in Hebrew, always in plural. See note on Deuteronomy 4:26.
Discard others notes and read your Bible alone. Fake news is in commentary.