The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is for sure!
My understanding is scripturally and spiritually factual. Yours is based on the wisdom of men, by pharisaical church-ianity of men.
1 Corinthians 2:5.
IF only that were the case - time and many councils of men stand against you. Come away and relearn the true Gospel of God. Romans 1:1-3

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John.14[10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
This truly is a comforter but not one sent!
Show an example of a comforter sent to help Jesus.
Do you want a clue hehe

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok again which verse.
References to the Old Testament are irrelevant. I have already explained that.
No, relevant - extremely!
If you believe all Israel was kept in the dark of your hell then your god is unjust! thankfully they new permanency in the grave was the fate of the wicked and that is taught everywhere!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have explained nothing at all...not one valid point in all you're posts on this subject.

LOL Ya know that is the neat thing about truth, all they have to do is look it up and they know.

Your hell is not spoken of at all in any form in the OT.

Reading comprehension problem? How many ways did I say that Hell is not an Old Testament belief, the Jews do not believe in a devil or a hell....Strictly a New Testament belief and it is all over the New Testament and I gave you the scriptures.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the 2nd death mean to you? And I really don't understand how the Old Testament is irrelevant

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Does the word destroy mean anything to you ?

Does eternal punishment mean anything to you......how can you punish some one that is not there.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, relevant - extremely!
If you believe all Israel was kept in the dark of your hell then your god is unjust! thankfully they new permanency in the grave was the fate of the wicked and that is taught everywhere!

I did not say they were kept in the dark. God did not threaten them with a fiery torment and did not torment them with a fiery torment....nor did He promise them heaven as a reward.

If God blessed, them He did it during their life, if He punished them, He did it during their life.

When they died, they all went to Sheol.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno bout anybody else but this thread has run to 11 pages so far and I still don't know what exactly is being debated and discussed..:)
The facts seem simple enough- namely once in hell, never out, or are some people saying hell is fitted with a swing door to let people out eventually?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not say they were kept in the dark. God did not threaten them with a fiery torment and did not torment them with a fiery torment....nor did He promise them heaven as a reward.

If God blessed, them He did it during their life, if He punished them, He did it during their life.

When they died, they all went to Sheol.
This is garbage.
Hebrews 11:39 & Hebrews 11:40 tell you those faithful witnesses have not received anything to date...why...because God is still calling people from the Gentiles and the reward is the earth! Matthew 5:5.
You are so deluded words fail me.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The facts seem simple enough- namely once in hell, never out, or are some people saying hell is fitted with a swing door to let people out eventually?
Incorrect.
Hell is merely the grave and loads will be coming out!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL Ya know that is the neat thing about truth, all they have to do is look it up and they know.
Reading comprehension problem? How many ways did I say that Hell is not an Old Testament belief, the Jews do not believe in a devil or a hell....Strictly a New Testament belief and it is all over the New Testament and I gave you the scriptures.
Ah you are a NT only believer...get it now.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is garbage.
Hebrews 11:39 & Hebrews 11:40 tell you those faithful witnesses have not received anything to date...why...because God is still calling people from the Gentiles and the reward is the earth! Matthew 5:5.
You are so deluded words fail me.

We are talking about the Old Testament and the Jews....Not Christians. God did not offer Heaven as a reward to the Jews nor send any to hell.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..The facts seem simple enough- namely once in hell, never out..
Incorrect.
Hell is merely the grave and loads will be coming out!

Yes but a lot will then be getting the chop..:)
Jesus said- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28-29)
As judgement is pronounced-
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matthew 25:46)

Reactions: Earburner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28-29)
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matthew 25:46)
And these two words are the exact same Greek word. If "eternal" punishment isn't real then neither is "eternal" life. Unless someone is doing the JW Twist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropship

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whats the opposite of eternal life?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not true....but I am not a Jew.
You admitted your understanding is derived from only the NT?
You can't have 1000's of years of history where no one is informed of this eternal fire!
Here's what you can do...
Show us a NT verse that states your belief that those prior to the NT were in the dark.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are talking about the Old Testament and the Jews....Not Christians. God did not offer Heaven as a reward to the Jews nor send any to hell.
Are you a sandwich short of a picnic lunch?
Hebrews 11:39 & Hebrews 11:40 include both Jews and Gentiles :smlhmm:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You admitted your understanding is derived from only the NT?

No I do not.

You can't have 1000's of years of history where no one is informed of this eternal fire!

Actually I think it is several thousand years.....Hell is not in the Old Testament and again the neat thing about the truth is people can look it up.....Check and see if the Jews believe in Hell...You will find that they do not....no Hell and no devil.

Show us a NT verse that states your belief that those prior to the NT were in the dark.
The Jews were not kept in the dark...again God did not threaten the Jew in the Old Testament with Hell nor offer Heaven as a reward.

In the New Testament it is a different story. Yeshua warned them about Hell.