The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is Hell not used as the grave in the OT?

Well I have already explained that the word Hell cannot appear in the Old Testament so it is not associated with anything.
There are other words that were inserted in the translations like Hell…. inserted 32 times….and many times they reworded the verses to accommodate it. The word Hell is neither Hebrew, Greek, or Latin, it originates in the German around 725 AD.

Context: death ----->sheol----------->hell------------>God is there!

Meaning that even though David goes to the grave and returns to dust God is there and can bring him back!

This is completely false.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is just weird.
Regarding the Angels here is another!

“Let all the angels of God worship him!” Hebrews 1:7 And he says of the angels, “He makes his angels spirits and his ministers a flame of fire,”

You dont understand the Word of God and been misled into thinking Angels can sin!

If only you could interpret the imagery and not twist it.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I have already explained that the word Hell cannot appear in the Old Testament so it is not associated with anything.
There are other words that were inserted in the translations like Hell…. inserted 32 times….and many times they reworded the verses to accommodate it. The word Hell is neither Hebrew, Greek, or Latin, it originates in the German around 725 AD.

Explain the verse then if you think its false. It's so weak of you not to at least try.
Show us where hell does not relate to the grave.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a big issue for your belief. You need to own this and allow the Word to lead you into truth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

In fact, every false belief you cling to can be overcome by trying to find it in the Torah - if its not in the first five books of the Bible in principle or type it's wrong.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Let all the angels of God worship him!” Hebrews 1:7 And he says of the angels, “He makes his angels spirits and his ministers a flame of fire,”

You dont understand the Word of God and been misled into thinking Angels can sin!

Regarding the Angels here is another!

F2F

I disagree....Satan at one time was an Angel Ezekiel 28:14 tells us that Satan was a cherub, one type of angel, and he used to dwell in heaven. And He definitely sinned. Then you have the fallen angels....

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness to the judgment of the great day. Jude 1:6

Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41
No twist

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain the verse then if you think its false. It's so weak of you not to at least try.
Show us where hell does not relate to the grave.
F2F

I have already explained it. The word Hell is not in the Bible....for more than one reason. And it is never related to the grave. In the Old Testament Shoal can relate but it is not a place of punishment.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
It's interesting how convinced some Christians can be and invested in this false understanding of the fate of the wicked. @Behold I assume you saw my post and am I to assume you will let that one fall to the ground? Hoping for humility over ignor-ance.
F2F

I don't know how when scripture plainly gives it to us , I mean even satan and his angels will cease to be

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have already explained it. The word Hell is not in the Bible....for more than one reason. And it is never related to the grave. In the Old Testament Shoal can relate but it is not a place of punishment.
Nope.
You can't explain a doctrine if the Bible is silent on it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.
You can't explain a doctrine if the Bible is silent on it.

What Does the Bible Say About Hell?

Now look at all of these scriptures that pertain to a fiery place of torment but in some places it uses the word Hell. You can look it up, you will see that the word is actually the Greek word for hades or gehenna.

The descriptions of this place are clear but the Apostles were tasked with conveying Christian concept in a Pagan Greek language that did not have Christian concepts or morals. So they had to make adjustments for that.

Gehenna of course is in reference to a fiery trash dump....liking it to the place of punishment.
Hades is a Greco-Roman god, his realm being of a place of the same name.
There is no Greek word for Hell.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Hell as an eternal place of punishment is truth

No it's not ,not even for satan as the scripture shows below

Ezekiel 28:18
"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."

Ezekiel 28:19
"All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

Even his angels will cease to be , as shown in Revelations

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

Thinking we should know who the 7000 are , they are done and away with right then and there not even the GWTJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."

"All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

Thinking we should know who the 7000 are , they are done and away with right then and there not even the GWTJ

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness to the judgment of the great day. Jude 1:6

Then shall he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

Satan and his demons and all that that are Judged to into a fierily torment will exist in agony for eternity.

And throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Old Testament references are not talking about a place of eternal punishment. If God blessed some one it was in this world and if He punished someone it was in this world

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now I sit back and watch the deceived try to prove the unproven. :watching and waiting:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Satan and his demons and all that that are Judged to into a fierily torment will exist in agony for eternity.

And throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7
No origin story makes it hard yeah?