The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They do not celebrate Christian holidays.

Part of the problem is that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a late comers to Christianity.....

It is actually to their advantage because they are not bound by the doctrinal issues created by the numerous councils or men which you have adopted.

They dont have everything right but the are much closer to the truth than traditional Christianity.

F2F

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you yet know that "all of the churches have some of His truth, but none of them have all of His truth"- Earburner.

This I agree with you whole heartedly. I am very tolerant to other beliefs....probably more so than most. I fellowship with and attend church services with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches and I have had Jewish friends from the time I was a kid. I have had Mormon friends my whole life. Now I do not agree with everything they preach but I can stand and worship with them.

But there is a line....if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. And there are people I do not tolerate, homosexuals, druggies, child molesters, rapists, murderers.....if I do not tolerate those people why would I tolerate people that blasphemes God and leads people to Hell. There is that line, Jehovah's Witnesses, OSAS, Calvinists....the people are good....but I am sure there are some friendly Satanists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually to their advantage because they are not bound by the doctrinal issues created by the numerous councils or men which you have adopted.

They are not bound to anything! My gosh man there are witches that believe that Yeshua is a God even some Voodooists. The Jehovah's Witnesses are blasphemous!

They dont have everything right but the are much closer to the truth than traditional Christianity.

Blasphemy is not getting closer to the truth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are not bound to anything! My gosh man there are witches that believe that Yeshua is a God even some Voodooists. The Jehovah's Witnesses are blasphemous!

Blasphemy is not getting closer to the truth.
This is merely your opinion which you may think is based on Scripture deep down you know its an import from the Nicean Council 325Ad. Unwittingly you have placed your confidence in the wisdom of men and it's not that you dont not that it true...you embrace it!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is merely your opinion which you may think is based on Scripture deep down you know its an import from the Nicean Council 325Ad. Unwittingly you have placed your confidence in the wisdom of men and it's not that you dont not that it true...you embrace it!

I do not place my confidence in the wisdom of men, I question everything, I definitely question the Council of Nicaea.
The Bible proves the Deity of Christ and outlines the Trinity. It does not matter if it is the Gospels or the rest of the New Testament.
You cannot fool me you know the scriptures, you have been provided the scriptures....You have a religion of denial and blasphemy.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not place my confidence in the wisdom of men, I question everything, I definitely question the Council of Nicaea.
The Bible proves the Deity of Christ and outlines the Trinity. It does not matter if it is the Gospels or the rest of the New Testament.
You cannot fool me you know the scriptures, you have been provided the scriptures....You have a religion of denial and blasphemy.
If this was true you would not hold to the Trinity. It's imported theology not exported truth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No the concept of the Trinity is true. The formula varies but the basic concept is true. Three Gods.
If you were told by Christ himself would you be able to accept a more profound message?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were told by Christ himself would you be able to accept a more profound message?

Look I am not going to play scripture toss with you. I am sure you either deny the scriptures or play cherry pick for the ones you like,

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They do not know the name of God the Father.

They referred to Him by different names but none of them was Jehovah.

The use of "Jehovah" as in the AV is quite unwarranted. It is a Gentile combination of Hebrew consonants and vowels in a way never intended by the Jews, and certainly not in the original text. The original text of Scripture supplied only consonants YHWH ; the vowels were added between 600-800AD, the work of Masoretic scholars, notably at Tiberias in Palestine.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 11:23; Luke 10:15.

Do eternal fire believers think when the text states someone or a city is brought down to hell do you believe this fiery place is inside the earth? Or is it in another dimension?

Of course, the text is saying brought down to the grave but those who hold this wrong teaching must be able to explain it's location and answer to why it's "brought down" and not taken to this dwelling place as an ethereal spirit?

Is it a case of you just accepting without actually thinking it through?

F2F

Heaven is imagery for being approved of God while hell (grave) is disapproval :goodn:

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The use of "Jehovah" as in the AV is quite unwarranted. It is a Gentile combination of Hebrew consonants and vowels in a way never intended by the Jews, and certainly not in the original text. The original text of Scripture supplied only consonants YHWH ; the vowels were added between 600-800AD, the work of Masoretic scholars, notably at Tiberias in Palestine.

No, Jehovah is due to the "J" slam. No J's in the Bible. Person, places, things that were Y's were changed to J's. Yeshua, Yahweh, Yob, Yoshua, Yacob, Yohn, Yames....Yerusalem, all Y's before the J slam. Some call it the great consonant shift.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, Jehovah is due to the "J" slam. No J's in the Bible. Person, places, things that were Y's were changed to J's. Yeshua, Yahweh, Yob, Yoshua, Yacob, Yohn, Yames....Yerusalem, all Y's before the J slam. Some call it the great consonant shift.
As I said it's an anglo-saxon corruption of the text!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But it's not a big deal - do you think God is going to condemn them for using a J instead of a Y?
Let's just say He will be more concerned about Christianities many false doctrines before getting His name slightly wrong.
Heaven going
Hell going
Immortal soulism
Fallen angle theology
Futurist interpretation of Revelation
etc etc...

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's not a big deal - do you think God is going to condemn them for using a J instead of a Y?
Well removing God the Father's and God the Son's name from the Bible I consider a crime...a sin.
The rest of it, I know of nothing that the Jehovah's Witnesses have corrected.
They act like they know something but they really do not....except blasphemy.

Reactions: Jack

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if you can't comprehend what the Spirit of Christ says through me, by His written words, then you proved to yourself the origin of your faith. 1 Corinthians 2:5
The Pharisees questioned Jesus' authority to teach also, and then in the end they attacked Him to death.

I do have the Spirit to advise me of the TRUTH ,which I comprehend quite well.

He also test the spirits of others in all the words they say and your thoughts are a mess.

Whomever is your teacher in human form, I would divorce myself from them. You are not learning from God but from the spirit of this world, and it is in error.

It will keep you from the goal !

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anyone care to provide their wisdom on Matthew 10:28

Both Soul and Body destroyed?
JW's will certainly wish they were destroyed!

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, if JW's are wrong they will burn in Hell "forever and ever". If Christians are wrong they will be destroyed and have eternal peace.

Please God, don't let JW's be this ignorant!