The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been obvious even to those who hold the belief of a literal burning place is the lack of evidence:
Says Kingdom Hall?
Says King Jesus: Matthew 5 Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
4. Why have the Greek words been twisted to mean something they were never intended for?
Because Satan wants your company "forever and ever".
Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
5. Where in the Bible is a section dedicated to explaining this place...rather than hanging so much inferred meaning on a single word?
It's called the New Covenant.
Luke 16 The rich man died but was ALIVE in the fire.
So many questions with those who believe unable to provide their understanding.

Go back through the thread and see how many times a person has dumped a bunch of Scripture with absolutely zero explanation to its meaning. Why have Christians lost the ability to search, question and openly inquire the Word without first spewing preconceived notions all over it?

It won't do!

F2F
Kingdom Hall / Hallway to Hell fire!

Reactions: The Learner

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been obvious even to those who hold the belief of a literal burning place is the lack of evidence:

1. Where is its creation story?
2. Who presides over it and where is there creation story?
3. Why is there no mention of this place in the OT?
4. Why have the Greek words been twisted to mean something they were never intended for?
5. Where in the Bible is a section dedicated to explaining this place...rather than hanging so much inferred meaning on a single word?

So many questions with those who believe unable to provide their understanding.

Go back through the thread and see how many times a person has dumped a bunch of Scripture with absolutely zero explanation to its meaning. Why have Christians lost the ability to search, question and openly inquire the Word without first spewing preconceived notions all over it?

It won't do!

F2F

God did not threaten the Israelites with Hell nor warn them of the devil or offer Heaven as a reward in the Old Testament, then the Jews rejected Christ and did not believe He was God. That is why even today the Jews do not believe in any of this. The Jews still today do not believe in Hell or the Devil and most do not believe in Heaven as a reward, and of course they do not believe Christ is God. So all of this parallels with the Jehovah's Witnesses not believing in Hell and do not believe Christ was God and do not believe in the Cross and do not observe Christian holidays. This all points to the fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses are more Jewish than Christian.

And I have provided the scriptures that prove what Hell is, far from zero. As far as details, the Bible gives few details about Heaven, so does that mean Heaven does not exist?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God did not threaten the Israelites with Hell nor warn them of the devil or offer Heaven as a reward in the Old Testament,
He did it is called the grave! You can't warn a people of something which doesnt exist - Ah - that's the whole point!

then the Jews rejected Christ and did not believe He was God.
And they will never do so because such a being does not exist!

You are not doing very well are you?

That is why even today the Jews do not believe in any of this. The Jews still today do not believe in Hell or the Devil and most do not believe in Heaven as a reward, and of course they do not believe Christ is God. So all of this parallels with the Jehovah's Witnesses not believing in Hell and do not believe Christ was God and do not believe in the Cross and do not observe Christian holidays. This all points to the fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses are more Jewish than Christian.

And I have provided the scriptures that prove what Hell is, far from zero. As far as details, the Bible gives few details about Heaven, so does that mean Heaven does not exist?

You have provided nothing in relation to those 5 questions - not a single verse!

Everything you wrote in this reply was pure error.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All people go to Hell...only the saved come out! Psalms 16:10

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did it is called the grave!

The only destination for the Israelites in the Old Testament was Shoal and for the most part the Jews today believe the same thing.
You can't warn a people of something which doesnt exist - Ah - that's the whole point!

I am not disputing that, Satan does not show up as the Devil in the Old Testament and obviously Hell was created sometime after that, because Satan and the fires of Hell becomes a frequent topic in the New Testament.

And they will never do so because such a being does not exist!

You are not doing very well are you?

Oh Christians will say I am doing great! It is the non-Christians that have issues with it.

You have provided nothing in relation to those 5 questions - not a single verse!

Everything you wrote in this reply was pure error.

No answers because the they are not questions, statements of truth and I have already provided a lot of scriptures on the existance of Hell.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not disputing that, Satan does not show up as the Devil in the Old Testament and obviously Hell was created sometime after that, because Satan and the fires of Hell becomes a frequent topic in the New Testament
Okay, show us when, how and why?
If you are so convinced you have evidence!
Let's see it.
F2F

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, show us when, how and why?

The Bible does not tell when Hell was created, Just that it exists for sure.
What it was created for.....

Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; Matthew 25:41

Christ is referring to an eternal fire that existed during His ministry, but at this point Christ is not referencing the Lake of Fire. And like I said the Bible does not discuss the division between the two....One of the reasons that I speculate that they are the same....just that the Lake of Fire is a portal to Hell and if there was a difference Christ would have defined the two. Here Christ is saying it was prepared for the devil and his angels and in Revelation it says that the devil will be cast into the lake of fire. They cannot be in two places at the same time, so it is the same place

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible does not tell when Hell was created, Just that it exists for sure.
What it was created for.....
Alarm bells already!
Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; Matthew 25:41
Okay so what do you think it means?
Explain where you get your notions from?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alarm bells already!

He just did. He quoted our NT. Do you need to consult with Kingdom Hall? Alarm bells ring in your head when Christians quote Jesus?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alarm bells already!

Not to Christians.

Self explanatory for those that can read....it means what it says....into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not to Christians.

Self explanatory for those that can read....it means what it says....into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels
In other words "I don't know or I can't explain where I get those notions from".

Who is he speaking to in Matthew 25 and how does that relate to the devil and angels? Matthew 25:41

So Hebrews 9:12 speaks of Christ securing eternal redemption so you must believe the wicked are rewarded with immortality as well?

Interesting!

I can already tell you haven't worked this through.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words "I don't know or I can't explain where I get those notions from".

Not true. The facts come from the Bible and I have given you a lot of the scriptures.....It is just that you want to deny Christ and the Bible.

Who is he speaking to in Matthew 25 and how does that relate to the devil and angels? Matthew 25:41

Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; Matthew 25:41[/QUOTE]

You can't read. The Gospel relates to us what Christ said. "Then He" relates to Christ. Are you saying you do not know who He was talking to? I can't believe you missed the point.

31 But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

Christ is referring to Judgment Day. "All the nations will gather before Him" That is all of us. Pretty simple???

And how it relates to the devil and his fallen angels.....Again simple. How are you missing this? Those judged to Hell will go to the place prepared for the devil and fallen angels....The real question is how are you going to twist the Word of God?

So Hebrews 9:12 speaks of Christ securing eternal redemption so you must believe the wicked are rewarded with immortality as well?

Immortality in relation to souls.....eternal reward or eternal punishment in a fiery Hell. Eternal punishment is not a reward. Again pretty simple.

I did not work it through, God worked it through. Then the Word of God is given to us through the Bible.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting!

I can already tell you haven't worked this through.
Face2face doesn't even know it's in the Bible! Is the Bible banned in Australia?

Last edited:

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could discuss the nature of confinement in Hell in a new thread on "The NT Case for Universal Salvation."
Is anybody here interested?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not threaten the Israelites with Hell nor warn them of the devil or offer Heaven as a reward in the Old Testament, then the Jews rejected Christ and did not believe He was God. That is why even today the Jews do not believe in any of this. The Jews still today do not believe in Hell or the Devil and most do not believe in Heaven as a reward, and of course they do not believe Christ is God. So all of this parallels with the Jehovah's Witnesses not believing in Hell and do not believe Christ was God and do not believe in the Cross and do not observe Christian holidays. This all points to the fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses are more Jewish than Christian.

1. Undying Worm and Unquenchable Fire (OT)

Isaiah 66:22-24

For as the new heavens and the new earth
that I make
shall remain before me, says the LORD,
so shall your offspring and your name remain.
From new moon to new moon,
and from Sabbath to Sabbath,
all flesh shall come to worship before me,
declares the LORD.

And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.

2. Everlasting Life/Everlasting Contempt

Daniel 12:1-2

At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Ten Foundational Verses for Eternal Punishment in Hell

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only destination for the Israelites in the Old Testament was Shoal and for the most part the Jews today believe the same thing.

I am not disputing that, Satan does not show up as the Devil in the Old Testament and obviously Hell was created sometime after that, because Satan and the fires of Hell becomes a frequent topic in the New Testament.

Oh Christians will say I am doing great! It is the non-Christians that have issues with it.

No answers because the they are not questions, statements of truth and I have already provided a lot of scriptures on the existance of Hell.

I was raised Jewish and We beleived in Eternal Punishment.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to Christians.

Go on to verse 46. If you limit eternal for punishment, you also limit it to the same for life.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 2:7 is the reward for the righteous. For eternal fire to exist the wicked need to be rewarded with immortality also :Happy:. If the Ethereal spirit existed you would also have God punishing Himself :goodn:. You would need special fire to burn these ethereal souls and special worms which devour these souls which means these souls must grow back somehow. :jest: