The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Does the God of the Bible torture people or any creature He creates and makes?
why are you answering a question with a question rd
being evasive iow

anyway to answer your q, even though you will not answer mine, certainly He does,
to those some being “tortured,” since “torture” is subjective, as i said
and, i seriously doubt it, but then i also do not believe in your understanding of “God of the Bible,” and i doubt you would like mine much either :)

but as you may (well, not) have noticed at “suffering,” most of it seems to go away when you just ask what specific suffering is being endured
lol

Reactions: The Learner

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Jesus predicted it in Matthew 24
ha well what is the diff in torture and chickens coming home to roost lol

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyway to answer your q, even though you will not answer mine, certainly He does,
When you quote any Scripture saying God tortures, God did torture, God shall torture, etc...then you quote the truth. Until then you're just quoting your own opinion about the God of Scripture.

but then i also do not believe in your understanding of “God of the Bible,”
You don't, because you don't only care about what He says in the Bible, because you think your own opinions are just as valid as Scripture. There are many gods on earth that are no gods at all, that many people believe in, and the God of the Bible is just another god to them. And many of those believe the God of the Bible is cruel and tortures people that refuse to believe and obey Him.

and i doubt you would like mine much either :)
I know your opinion, that the God of the Bible is a torturer. There are many through history making the same accusation against the God that judges the whole earth.

And so, your opinions don't matter, because you don't quote any Bible. That's why I just ask you to quote the Bible, when you give opinions, rather than begin another endless argument about worthless opinions.

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings.

This is how the Bible describes those like you who argue with their own words and opinions, rather than quote and believe and teach Scripture of truth. Personal pride is thinking our own opinions matter just as much as Scripture.

You think the prophets and apostles of God in the Bible, were just people like yourself thinking up things as you go along. They aren't. They wrote exactly what God told them to write at that time, and all of it is as true as the God that told them. That's the God of the Bible and of Scripture. Since you don't quote Scripture for your ideas, then that's the God you think your opinions are more important than.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When you quote any Scripture saying God tortures, God did torture, God shall torture, etc...then you quote the truth. Until then you're just quoting your own opinion about the God of Scripture.
well, my opinion was more about the nature of "torture," which can be pretty subjective
You don't, because you don't only care about what He says in the Bible, because you think your own opinions are just as valid as Scripture
yikes, judgemental much? I made a comment about torture, and our understanding of it, period
There are many gods on earth that are no gods at all, that many people believe in, and the God of the Bible is just another god to them
and?
And many of those believe the God of the Bible is cruel and tortures people that refuse to believe and obey Him.
so? Let the dead bury the dead :)
I know your opinion, that the God of the Bible is a torturer
i beg your pardon? You do not know my opinion then, wadr
This is how the Bible describes those like you who argue with their own words and opinions, rather than quote and believe and teach Scripture of truth
yes, youre so holy, im not worthy
lol
You think the prophets and apostles of God in the Bible, were just people like yourself thinking up things as you go along. They aren't. They wrote exactly what God told them to write at that time, and all of it is as true as the God that told them
yet later edited, to be more accurate and closer to truth :)
so could you pls stop telling me what i think, being as how you dont have a clue
Since you don't quote Scripture for your ideas, then that's the God you think your opinions are more important than.
superior much?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly. God sends no one to hell, people send themselves. Hell is an awareness of the infinite love of God that those in hell can never have, by their own choices. "Fire" is a metaphor for the torture of being separated from God's infinite love, and literal fire gets the point across.
Thanks for correction Brother friend,

Matthew 13:49-50​

Good News Translation​

49 It will be like this at the end of the age: the angels will go out and gather up the evil people from among the good 50 and will throw them into the fiery furnace, where they will cry and gnash their teeth.

Matthew 7:22-23
J.B. Phillips New Testament
22-23 “In ‘that day’ many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we preach in your name, didn’t we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?’ Then I shall tell them plainly, ‘I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil!’”

Matthew 25
King James Version
25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

What exactly does a Judge do?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Article is long worth reading Revelation 20-21 | How can a loving God send people to hell? — Trinity Community Church

"
Punishment is the main way the Bible describes hell, and it is usually portrayed as judgment, suffering, and torment by fire.

In Matthew 25, Jesus claims the authority as the judge who determines the destinies of the world. He consigns the wicked to “eternal punishment” and grants the righteous “eternal life.”

Jesus again in Mark 9:43-48, speaking of the seriousness of sin, says these words, “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two hands and go into hell, into the unquenchable fire...And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, where ‘their worm never dies, and the fire is never quenched.”

The apostle Paul believes that hell and judgment will be an encouragement to the believers who are suffering at the hands of their persecutors in 2 Thessalonians 1. He comforts them by proclaiming, “God’s judgment is right...God is just: He will pay back trouble for those that trouble you...He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.”

The apostle John, in Revelation 20, we see the wicked are “cast into the lake of fire,” while the righteous experience the unhindered and glorious presence of God on the New Earth.

According to the Bible, hell is punishment, because God is the judge who justly sentences the wicked.

Destruction"​

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He does not torture them. By your judgment any just judge sending murdering rapists to be executed is executing them.

You know why there are them that will go into everlasting punishment? Because they want to. They would rather be in eternal torment, than be with the Lord in love and obedience to Him as Lord and God. They make that choice by refusing to believe His warnings.

Being without God is torture, and many make that choice, beginning with Lucifer. And if t=people choose to die in sin against God, that torture has only just begun.

Your accusation that God is a torturer, so that you can do away with torment of hell and the LOF for the wicked that choose it, is false and shows your manner of anger against a just and righteous God that is love, Who will not allow the wicked to forever be disobeying Him and causing all manner of harm to the innocent.

I reject your liberalist self-righteous accusations against the God of the Bible.
demons

Mark 5:7
Verse Concepts
and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!”

Source: 30 Bible verses about Torture

"Demons are aware of a future time of “torture” for themselves (Matthew 8:29). Hell is a place of “torment” and intense agony (Matthew 13:42; Luke 16:23-24). During the Tribulation, torment will be part of the plagues upon evildoers (Revelation 9:5; 11:10). In any of His judgments, God is holy and perfectly fair (Psalm 119:137)." What does the Bible say about torture? | GotQuestions.org

Revelation 20:7-15
Good News Translation
The Defeat of Satan
7 After the thousand years are over, Satan will be set loose from his prison, 8 and he will go out to deceive the nations scattered over the whole world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan will bring them all together for battle, as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. 9 They spread out over the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people and the city that he loves. But fire came down from heaven and destroyed them. 10 Then the Devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Final Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sits on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence and were seen no more. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne. Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living. The dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 Then the sea gave up its dead. Death and the world of the dead also gave up the dead they held. And all were judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and the world of the dead were thrown into the lake of fire. (This lake of fire is the second death.) 15 Those who did not have their name written in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire.

Thanks for correction Brother, Friend,
Daniel

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the impression that a judge sends people to jail.
Then, if one is sending themself to jail, then they would have the choice not to go to jail.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He does not torture them. By your judgment any just judge sending murdering rapists to be executed is executing them.

You know why there are them that will go into everlasting punishment? Because they want to. They would rather be in eternal torment, than be with the Lord in love and obedience to Him as Lord and God. They make that choice by refusing to believe His warnings.

Being without God is torture, and many make that choice, beginning with Lucifer. And if t=people choose to die in sin against God, that torture has only just begun.

Your accusation that God is a torturer, so that you can do away with torment of hell and the LOF for the wicked that choose it, is false and shows your manner of anger against a just and righteous God that is love, Who will not allow the wicked to forever be disobeying Him and causing all manner of harm to the innocent.

I reject your liberalist self-righteous accusations against the God of the Bible.
Laughing about "I reject your liberalist self-righteous accusations against the God of the Bible."

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha but you want to know what planet im on lol

didnt we already establish that that “eternal” is likely only age-long, and while alive?
misinterpreted parables aside, i mean
I am from the planet Mars, friend. We speak Hebrew there. lol

Reactions: bbyrd009

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, my opinion was more about the nature of "torture," which can be pretty subjective
So, your opinion is no more that God is a torturer. But now only have an opinion the nature of torture. Good. :vgood:

yikes, judgemental much? I made a comment about torture, and our understanding of it, period
The only comment you've made was about God is a torturer, now you say you have a comment about the nature of torture.

i beg your pardon? You do not know my opinion then, wadr
I don't, because you've changed it. Your opinion was God is a torturer. Now you have an opinion about the nature of torture, that you haven't offered yet.;)

yes, youre so holy, im not worthy
Honesty about ourselves is the first step to being good ground for God to bless.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

so could you pls stop telling me what i think, being as how you dont have a clue
I don't know what you think anymore, since you cease to say God is a torturer, and haven't offered anything about the nature of torture yet. :contemplate:

My view from Scripture, that I can't yet prove, is that the nature of torment in flames of hell, is mostly that of knowing we are eternally separate from God and His Light of life. That's maybe the reason hell's chains are of darkness (2 Peter 2:4), and the eternally lost are as wandering stars in the blackness of darkness forever. (Jude)

No amount of physical pain can compare to that.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
demons

Mark 5:7
Verse Concepts
and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!”

Source: 30 Bible verses about Torture

"Demons are aware of a future time of “torture” for themselves (Matthew 8:29). Hell is a place of “torment” and intense agony (Matthew 13:42; Luke 16:23-24). During the Tribulation, torment will be part of the plagues upon evildoers (Revelation 9:5; 11:10). In any of His judgments, God is holy and perfectly fair (Psalm 119:137)." What does the Bible say about torture? | GotQuestions.org

Revelation 20:7-15
Good News Translation
The Defeat of Satan
7 After the thousand years are over, Satan will be set loose from his prison, 8 and he will go out to deceive the nations scattered over the whole world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan will bring them all together for battle, as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. 9 They spread out over the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people and the city that he loves. But fire came down from heaven and destroyed them. 10 Then the Devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The Final Judgment
11 Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sits on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence and were seen no more. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne. Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living. The dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 Then the sea gave up its dead. Death and the world of the dead also gave up the dead they held. And all were judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and the world of the dead were thrown into the lake of fire. (This lake of fire is the second death.) 15 Those who did not have their name written in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire.

Thanks for correction Brother, Friend,
Daniel
Well, God bless you too. I could see you were only speaking in rhetorical terms about 'God torturing people'. But that is an accusation that I used to consider as an unbeliever myself. It's just a deceptive devise of the devil for sinful man to accuse God of being worse than himself. It's an old tool for justifying ourselves more than God.

Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

I have learned to try and be rid of every tradition and imagination, that Scripture does not specifically teach. My guide is, if God doesn't say it plainly, then it isn't necessarily true. No Scripture says "God torturers" any of His created creatures and beings.

We torture ourselves by defying Him, because Light and Life is only in Him, and the God that is love is not bound by His love for man, to allow man to forever be defying Him and doing harm to others that love Him. That is not the love of someone that has it in their power to do away with evil, including the evil doers.

The death penalty is not just to punish the murderer, but to stop that murderer from murdering again.

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Peter shows that God's main purpose in flooding the whole earth, was not to just destroy the wicked, but to save Noah from being destroyed by them, and cutting off any hope of any woman on earth bringing forth Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

The main purpose of the water, was to save them in the ark from the wicked.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laughing about "I reject your liberalist self-righteous accusations against the God of the Bible."
Sorry, but I have needed a slap across the face to wake up also. Just recently I got a good one, and had to back off and repent. On paper, not physically. That hasn't happened since my Mom did 40 years ago.

• Love