The Arrogance of Women Who Wear Earrings.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everything in it's season.

Dill is a tender annual surviving only one season.
Cumin is an annual plant in the parsley family.
Perennial wheat is planted at the same time as annual wheat and initially, the plants grow similarly. However, perennial wheat matures about three weeks later than annual wheat.

I didn't know Barley was a grass.. that's interesting..

Annual and perennial grass Rice, wheat, corn, and barley are all grasses as well and all cereals or grains are members of the grass family.
Spelt is a primitive type of wheat. It is an annual plant in the grasses family (Poaceae) which was already cultivated as a cereal 8 - 9,000 years ago. Spelt wheat originates from the Fertile Crescent of the Near East, the same region where also other early cereals such as emmer wheat and barley were grown.

Annual means yearly, Perennial can be 2-3 years.
Seed time and harvest time..
All the time..

Thank You for that,
very interesting..
grass, hmm
Hugs
Memories...cleansing the garden of my heart.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower I think you mentioned a while ago that a guy from your church got a bit negative about ear piercing; fact is, it's so widespread, and at our local church from time to time a probably a majority of the boys / young men would wear earrings; it really is so widespread; so I can't understand why even girls and women with them would be objected to, especially since it's in the Bible, even.

Yes, he was in his 80s and had a good heart. He didn't push it hard. But I believe it is the generation also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agreed brother.
Some of the moms of teen girls who with their daughters in the late 1970s started getting their ears double pierced - let alone single pierced - might possibly now be great-grandmothers or even great-great-grandmothers; doubles are seemingly so well established now, including among not a few Godly women.

(And yet the OP even seems to have trouble with single piercings... :) Bizarre....)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, he was in his 80s and had a good heart. He didn't push it hard. But I believe it is the generation also.
@Mayflower Well, anyway, great that you can discern a good heart... :)

Of course, when you think of all the great-grandmothers who may have worn double pierced earrings since the late 1970s, etc., it's an argument that runs a bit thin, if even single pierced pairs are regarded as supposedly problematic....

I mean, look at Ezekiel 16.12, where the Lord Himself give earrings to Zion, at least figuratively, and even a nose ring! (what would the legalists make of that? :) )

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a young person not long after becoming a Christian and coming out of a main service I was conscious of my rings in both ears. I thought to myself, you are one hell of a cool dude. Instantly I felt this overwhelming disgust because of my pride. I took them out there and then and threw them down the street.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lost the love of my life and my kids are grown up. I see my grandkids but I don't know them very well.
No matter...I have my favorite.
I had 2 grandmother's. Both my grandfather's had past away when my parents were young.
I never knew them. I met my Great Grandfather once. He was visiting one summer and we were sitting on the lawn .
Grandpa sat on a wooden chair and it broke. He wasn't a small man either.
That's all I remember. I was young.
Both my grandma's were neighbors. 1 lived right next door and the other a couple doors down. Same building. We lived in an apartment complex in Boston. After school I would go to grandma B's and watch Days of our lives and drink Iced tea and eat Social Tea crackers.
On Sunday nights I would visit grandma C's and we would play cribbage or dominoes and make lemon cake with vanilla frosting.
I still have my dad. My mom passed away in 96. I love my dad, but I don't really know him.
He worked all the time. We knew if we did something wrong, mom would say, I'm telling your father when he gets home.
For some reason that worked. Mom taught us respect and so did dad when he was home.
I moved to Florida, went over the road trucking, I didn't stay in touch, neither did he. We just lived our lives.
Then I moved back. And I've been here 5 years and I been starting all over, repairing the time lost, my two older brothers died, I wasn't there for either one. Maybe dad felt abandoned... I made it to my oldest brother's funeral. I was in Colorado and my dad called and said my brother didn't have much longer, that if I want to say goodbye I should come right now.
We tried to get a load to Maine, but all there was was Texas and then grab a load from there to New York.
Take about 3 days. We got to Texas and the load cancelled. I told my ex I wasn't waiting for another load. I grabbed a greyhound bus and headed for Maine. I got up to Virginia. My dad called me while I was on the bus. "Don't worry about getting here, your brother's gone" .
My other brother, (he was the black sheep of the family) , He was living with my dad. I guess he had problems with his arteries. I didn't know. I was busy trucking. Easter morning my dad calls. (Hadn't spoken more than a holiday or birthday reminder) Your brother passed away.
Huh?
So now it's me and my dad.
I have a daughter. She'll be 42 this fall. We talk on the phone maybe once a month. But we talk for hours. About anything and everything.
She doesn't like to drive and I don't trust my car. We live about 4 hours apart. Last time I saw her was this past mother's day. Was 3 years before that. My grandson is autistic. If I get a hello grandma, on the phone.. it's a good day.

Life gets busy. World gets smaller.
Lots of memories that's for sure.
Sometimes I even remember them.

ear rings...
feels like my ears are ringing lol
just sharing..
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I had 2 grandmother's. Both my grandfather's had past away when my parents were young.
I never knew them. I met my Great Grandfather once. He was visiting one summer and we were sitting on the lawn .
Grandpa sat on a wooden chair and it broke. He wasn't a small man either.
That's all I remember. I was young.
Both my grandma's were neighbors. 1 lived right next door and the other a couple doors down. Same building. We lived in an apartment complex in Boston. After school I would go to grandma B's and watch Days of our lives and drink Iced tea and eat Social Tea crackers.
On Sunday nights I would visit grandma C's and we would play cribbage or dominoes and make lemon cake with vanilla frosting.
I still have my dad. My mom passed away in 96. I love my dad, but I don't really know him.
He worked all the time. We knew if we did something wrong, mom would say, I'm telling your father when he gets home.
For some reason that worked. Mom taught us respect and so did dad when he was home.
I moved to Florida, went over the road trucking, I didn't stay in touch, neither did he. We just lived our lives.
Then I moved back. And I've been here 5 years and I been starting all over, repairing the time lost, my two older brothers died, I wasn't there for either one. Maybe dad felt abandoned... I made it to my oldest brother's funeral. I was in Colorado and my dad called and said my brother didn't have much longer, that if I want to say goodbye I should come right now.
We tried to get a load to Maine, but all there was was Texas and then grab a load from there to New York.
Take about 3 days. We got to Texas and the load cancelled. I told my ex I wasn't waiting for another load. I grabbed a greyhound bus and headed for Maine. I got up to Virginia. My dad called me while I was on the bus. "Don't worry about getting here, your brother's gone" .
My other brother, (he was the black sheep of the family) , He was living with my dad. I guess he had problems with his arteries. I didn't know. I was busy trucking. Easter morning my dad calls. (Hadn't spoken more than a holiday or birthday reminder) Your brother passed away.
Huh?
So now it's me and my dad.
I have a daughter. She'll be 42 this fall. We talk on the phone maybe once a month. But we talk for hours. About anything and everything.
She doesn't like to drive and I don't trust my car. We live about 4 hours apart. Last time I saw her was this past mother's day. Was 3 years before that. My grandson is autistic. If I get a hello grandma, on the phone.. it's a good day.

Life gets busy. World gets smaller.
Lots of memories that's for sure.
Sometimes I even remember them.

ear rings...
feels like my ears are ringing lol
just sharing..
Hugs

@Ziggy

So many memories there....

Nice pun on the word rings... (You have a thoughtful way with words...)

It used to be that women would wear earrings (for some reason the OP even has problems with that...) and the men would do trucking, get tattoos, etc. Now men often also wear earrings (like sailors did years ago, often a gold earring would pay for what they saw would be a Christian burial if they died doing hazardous work overseas) and now also women do trucking, get tattoos and of course get often multiple pairs of earrings put in, as long as - similarly to hair, as you also mentioned recently - they don't get caught in machinery.

The outward is not the substance.

The substance of your memories relates to the things that matter. God bless your family, @Ziggy.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I used to have pierced ears but they been closed up for years. I have a tattoo I got when I was in my 20's.
@Ziggy

It's come full circle.

Nowadays it's also the grandmothers/great-grandmothers who wear multiple pierced earrings and studs (it started off with the young women).

Nowadays it's also the very conservative ones who might also have gotten quite a bit of ink (it's not simply an avant-garde thing...)

juliannenw said:
I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person. I've always worn long sleeves .. a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working
source: allnurses dot com

It's come full circle.

It's the heart that counts, not the externals.

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jewellery can be modest, or ostentatious. People put the dividing line in different places, depending on their cultural background.

Much of the jewellery I wear is made from semi-precious materials by artisans in developing countries.
@Deborah_ Someone posted a while ago that double studs in an earlobe are still a conservative look. In the end, earrings are optional but they can give a blended sense of completion; similar to neckties for men. A century ago, my conservative, Godly grandmother used to wear a necktie - it was widespread then for women - and she was also known for her brooches.

Great that you support 3rd world/tribal earring makers.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
.. this subject to me is one of legalism... and is usually tied in with the good old tattoo debate...

@Addy Ear piercing and tattoos are I guess often part of 'the tapestry of life', for a lot of ppl. They can be done in moderation. A lot of Godly people might well do some of both, from time to time. It's the Godly heart that needs to shine out.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Addy Ear piercing and tattoos are I guess often part of 'the tapestry of life', for a lot of ppl. They can be done in moderation. A lot of Godly people might well do some of both, from time to time. It's the Godly heart that needs to shine out.

Hello Dearest Farouk... So nice to see you posting... and you are correct... it's the condition of heart that God is interested in.

Reactions: farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Farouk, stop avoiding the subject..how dare those women be so arrogant?!
I just can't figure it out!
Don't they know that it's gonna make guys look at them?
Next thing you know, they'll be saying that God made them attractive so guys would look at them.
How dare they?!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Farouk, stop avoiding the subject..how dare those women be so arrogant?!
I just can't figure it out!
Don't they know that it's gonna make guys look at them?
Next thing you know, they'll be saying that God made them attractive so guys would look at them.
How dare they?!
LOL

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... you are correct... it's the condition of heart that God is interested in.

Hi @Addy In any case - if the conservative local church where my wife and I go and where it sometimes has seemed that a majority of the young men and boys who have attended have worn earrings also, these days it seems like a lot of moms arrange for their sons as well as for their daughters to have them. FYI, seems fairly typical now:

LM440 said:
My mom took me to get one ear pierced when I was about twelve. .. I didn't even know what was happening when she told me we were going to the mall. It was just me and Mom ... Later I ended up getting the other side done to even things out. .. I still wear earrings always
source:sg dot answers dot yahoo

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Based on the scripture being used, maybe the title of the thread should of been
"Is it ok for people to wear jewellery?"
Or
"Should we be adorning ourselves?"

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's the heart...He lives there, so He wants it clean.
I don't have a problem with jewelry...there's too many real issues to deal with, like other gods.
That's a problem that I take serious. It got my ancestors exiled. :(

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
How about de-seeding concord grapes...WHAT a delicious pie they make!!! And, I'm not much of a pie person but, a friend made this once and it was out of this world. She hadn't quite perfected the de-seeding though, there were still a few in there, lol.
And, she is now with the Lord and had not an arrogant bone in her body...she wore small earrings too :D
@Nancy My wife and I visited an orchard produce centre the other day; could have stayed there longer. We were going back to make purchases but at the last moment we didn't...

I like those garden shop places..... :)

(Yes, pierced ears need not have anything to do with arrogance....using little rings in pierced holes is sometimes simply appropriate...)

Reactions: Nancy