The Atlantic Article saying Trump dissed our troops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exclusive: Zach Fuentes, Top Aide to John Kelly, Denies Atlantic Story About Trump
I found out Fuentes is an interesting character himself. He went into business for himself when the coronavirus hit. He bought masks from China and resold them to the Navaho Nation; but some masks were the wrong kind and some weren't usable. All at tax payer expense, of course. Yep, make America great again -- buy junk from China that can't be used and get the Americans to pay for it.

June 25, 20202 The Indian Health Service Wants to Return 1 Million KN95 Masks It Bought From a Former White House Official — ProPublica

The Indian Health Service, which purchased Chinese-made KN95 masks from a former Trump White House official through a $3 million contract, is now trying to return the masks but facing resistance, the agency told ProPublica.

The contractor, former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Zach Fuentes, “refused this request and submitted a certified claim for payment” instead, the agency said.

A lawyer for Fuentes’ firm, Benjamin Keime, said in an email to ProPublica that the company is insisting on payment because it “fulfilled all of its obligations to IHS under the contract.”

Government agencies have been under intense pressure to buy protective equipment to guard employees against the coronavirus. In their haste, several agencies have spent millions of dollars on Chinese-made masks without knowing who made them. Without those details, it can be hard to assess whether the masks filter as many dangerous particles as advertised.

HHS is now being sued for failing to provide the information it has about the case under the Freedom of Information Act.

August 12, 2020 Sales of unusable respirator masks to the Indian Health Service angers watchdogs

Judicial Watch announced today that filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) for records related to the contract given to former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Zach Fuentes for KN95 masks, reportedly made in China, in April 2020 (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (No. 1:20-cv-02147)).

The lawsuit was filed after the Indian Health Service (IHS), a component of HHS failed to respond to a May 28, 2020, FOIA request for:

• All records regarding the contract awarded to Zach Fuentes LLC for KN95 masks in April 2020. For purposes of clarification, this contract is identified by award number FY20-NAO-COVID19-PROFORMA KN95.
  • This request includes, but is not limited to, any and all records of communication between any official, employee, or representative of the Indian Health Service and any other individual or entity regarding the contract, as well as any and all records regarding the quality of the masks provided under the contract.
Well, that's interesting. Fuentes may have a good reason for not wanting to anger Trump. I heard the case mentioned recently listening to C-SPAN in a broadcast of a Senate hearing on coronavirus' scams. The Senator who mentioned it wanted to see progress on it did not name names.

Fuentes may be praying now that Trump gets re-elected. It looks to me as if he pocketed the profit from that three million dollar deal and doesn't want to return any of it. I doubt he could get reimbursed from the Chinese companies, so he'd be left holding the bag.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Trump has already proven that he is more for the veterans in four years, and has done more for veterans that Joe's entire 50 years of Public "service."
All that Democrats have to offer is cheap shots. Totally sickening but quite normal for those who will lie, cheat, and steal to retain power.
So this hit piece is another part of all the hoaxes about Trump coming from the Left. What are the penalties for slander, and why are they not being applied?

Reactions: Bobby Jo
R

Rita

I see that the opposition is already using this information in their campaign - my son saw the video on you tube. So I guess it’s not a question of whether it’s true or not, but more a case of whether those who vote believe it or not. Very tactical and perfect timing. My son conveyed that ‘ even Fox News is claiming it’s true - doesn’t that station usually support Trump ?
When do they start having the tv debates ?
Rita

Reactions: Josho and Giuliano

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fox is a mixed bag. I think the big wigs don't like President Trump but many of the personality's do.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that Democrats have to offer is cheap shots. Totally sickening but quite normal for those who will lie, cheat, and steal to retain power.
So this hit piece is another part of all the hoaxes about Trump coming from the Left. What are the penalties for slander, and why are they not being applied?
If Trump didn't have a history of attacking military people, no one would have believed the story. It came from a reputable source, and it fits with other things Trump has said.

I found another recent comment highly insulting. Any military officer who's been in a war knows how horrible it is. They want to find ways to stay out of wars, not get into them.

He showed his complete ignorance about what the army is about.

Trump is the guy trying to make deals to sell arms to foreign nations. He wants manufacturing jobs in the US, so he likes the idea of making military stuff in the US for sale abroad.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that the opposition is already using this information in their campaign - my son saw the video on you tube. So I guess it’s not a question of whether it’s true or not, but more a case of whether those who vote believe it or not. Very tactical and perfect timing. My son conveyed that ‘ even Fox News is claiming it’s true - doesn’t that station usually support Trump ?
When do they start having the tv debates ?
Rita
The first debate is scheduled for September 29. Allegedly, Trump is not willing to prepare himself by doing practice sessions with his campaign staff.

Those practice sessions are useful. If a candidate is not well informed on a topic, he finds it out, and then he can become informed.

Story here: Trump spurns traditional debate prep with first faceoff less than 3 weeks away

His whole campaign appears to be in disarray. They also have financial troubles. They wasted a huge pile of cash earlier; and now Biden is raising more money than Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if some people on Trump's campaign staff go to jail later for the way they took advantage of Trump and misused campaign funds.

R

Rita

Apparently they were going to try and link the debates to a team of experts who would put up info if facts conveyed were not true. Have no idea if that will happen, but I guess with modern technology it may be workable. Then it would be a matter of whether or not you trust the person speaking or the person giving out info on the screen. I may well watch the debates this time. To be honest if Biden does have the onset of demencia I am surprised his team would want him anywhere near a debate. Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... ‘ even Fox News is claiming it’s true - doesn’t that station usually support Trump ? ...
FOX Owners include Rupert Murdoch, who partnered with"Disney" which is extremely liberal, and are simply milking the conservative audiences. -- It's how corporations make money.

Yeah, we can't trust ANYONE.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so SURPRISED. I thought everything the Liberals said was ABSOLUTELY TRUE, -- that Trump would be kicked out of office over the Russian Collusion; that Schiff had the "smoking gun" and Trump would be IMPEACHED; and on, and on, and on, and on ...

Clearly these attacks come from satan himself, as Trump has done MORE for Israel and this country than any President in U.S. history. And satan DOES come to Steal, Kill, and Destroy, and he has a LOT of puppets doing his bidding.
Bobby Jo

R

Rita

You know Bobby Jo I find it kind of weird when Americans claim that Trump has done more for the country than any other president. I think when slaves were released and that came to an end was pretty impressive, I think when segregation stopped ( well many claim to have no issues and that it is all a lie now ). Also Trump himself said that he wanted to make America great ‘ again ‘ .. meaning it was once considered a great nation.
To actually consider him above every other leader that your country has ever had is mind blowing !
Don’t get me wrong, I am sure he has achieved things within the country that I do not see. I just think to place him at the top over every other leader is disrespectful of many leaders that brought about some amazing changes within your countries history.
You celebrate independent day every year, thanksgiving every year - are they not two milestones that previous leaders achieved.
Sorry a film has just popped into my head ‘ life of Brian ‘ where John Cleese’s character asks ‘ what have the Romans ever done for us ‘........then they think about it and come up with so many things they had achieved. Think you could well do that with many of your historical leaders. Rita

R

Rita

FOX Owners include Rupert Murdoch, who partnered with"Disney" which is extremely liberal, and are simply milking the conservative audiences. -- It's how corporations make money.

Yeah, we can't trust ANYONE.
Bobby Jo
I have never trusted Fox News , and as for anything linked to murdoch !!
He owns much of our media - so I don’t trust much here either ! Rita

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently they were going to try and link the debates to a team of experts who would put up info if facts conveyed were not true. Have no idea if that will happen, but I guess with modern technology it may be workable. Then it would be a matter of whether or not you trust the person speaking or the person giving out info on the screen. I may well watch the debates this time. To be honest if Biden does have the onset of demencia I am surprised his team would want him anywhere near a debate. Rita
LOL, Biden doesn't have dementia. He does have a problem with stuttering. I don't know, but I suspect it's connected to his asthma. He also has a habit of misspeaking -- has had that for years -- for as long as I've been following him. But he corrects himself when he makes mistakes. I laughed when he said 150 million people had died from gun violence and another 120 million to covid. That's Joe. Yes, of course, he meant to say thousands.

He swears he doesn't drink -- as does Trump -- but I still think he had been drinking back when Obama won the nomination the first time in 2008. Their first campaign stop was in Pennsylvania, and I swear he was drunk. He was slurring his words. Michelle Obama was exchanging worried glances with Barack. He still maintains he never drinks. I still think he had been taking a nip or two too many; and I can say he's probably right not to drink if he gets like that.

Trump called Biden stupid recently. We'll see. Biden can surprise people, like when he cracked the joke about Rudy Giuliani, saying, "there's only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun, and a verb and 9/11." He's unpredictable -- can say really silly things or really witty things.

One thing seems sure to me: Trump won't be able to intimidate him the way he intimidated his Republican competitors in the 2016 primaries. Trump would insult them outlandishly to their faces, and they seemed stunned almost into silence. They weren't used to that kind of rudeness, and it left them fumbling for a response since they didn't want to look as rude as Trump.

Be sure of this though: Biden will have prepared for the debate. If Trump dares to mention the "silent majority," expect Biden to lambast him for it. Trump needs better advice -- he should stop talking about the silent majority that allegedly supports him, but who are afraid to tell pollsters not he phone they're planning to vote for him. The phrase is unfortunate -- people want their President to hear them, to understand them -- but Trump thinks of people as silent, telling us all he's not hearing them. He talks about "law and order" a lot too -- another unfortunate phrase that conjures up police clashing with citizens. Most voters don't want to hear that. They want to feel safe.

I'm wondering if the matter of the national debt will come up. Trump says it will be a top priority in his second term. Oh really? His first term was racking up a huge debt but he's going to tackle it in your his second term? The debt was already at a record high before coronavirus hit; and with all the extra spending, it's way out of sight now. Both British and American national debts are bigger now than their GDP. That is a crushing pile of debt when you owe more than you take in in a year.

I imagine some things from the Woodward interviews will be discussed at the debate too. Trump can't say Woodward is lying since he has him on tape.

Reactions: Rita
R

Rita

So the right can spin things as much as the left !!
That’s why I hate the build up to any elections - it just becomes a free for all!
Actually it will be good to watch a live debate as I can usually tell the signs of demencia - so I will keep an open mind until I can see it x

Reactions: Josho

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering if the matter of the national debt will come up. Trump says it will be a top priority in his second term. Oh really? His first term was racking up a huge debt but he's going to tackle it in your his second term? The debt was already at a record high before coronavirus hit; and with all the extra spending, it's way out of sight now. Both British and American national debts are bigger now than their GDP. That is a crushing pile of debt when you owe more than you take in in a year.
Biden/Obama Regime placed America in more debt than ALL 43 Presidents before them... combined! It was an attempt to kickstart the economy. They failed with the worst recovery since the Great Depression. It is true that Trump has spent like a drunken sailor. He never ran on the issue of debt. Many "Tea Party" Conservatives have been troubled by him doing so. At least Trump has never been so flippant as to say that "Debt does not matter" like Obama. Once we get past this COVID Crisis, I have no doubt that the engine of the economy will begin to roar again. Once that gets going, It would be good to reign in the spending. I would like to see Government spending within their means, not taxing everyone more and more, so politicians can spend more and more.

It is not that the People have not been taxed enough, but that the Government has not controlled itself and has always spent too much. Each Presidency that adds to the Debt, is one more straw on the camel's back. GDP is not the gauge for spending. Exceeding it is insane, yes! But hopefully the Republicans gain a majority in the House and get us back to a Constitutionally required budget.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know Bobby Jo I find it kind of weird when Americans claim that Trump has done more for the country than any other president. I think when slaves were released and that came to an end was pretty impressive, I think when segregation stopped ( well many claim to have no issues and that it is all a lie now ). Also Trump himself said that he wanted to make America great ‘ again ‘ .. meaning it was once considered a great nation.
To actually consider him above every other leader that your country has ever had is mind blowing !
Don’t get me wrong, I am sure he has achieved things within the country that I do not see. I just think to place him at the top over every other leader is disrespectful of many leaders that brought about some amazing changes within your countries history.
You celebrate independent day every year, thanksgiving every year - are they not two milestones that previous leaders achieved.
Sorry a film has just popped into my head ‘ life of Brian ‘ where John Cleese’s character asks ‘ what have the Romans ever done for us ‘........then they think about it and come up with so many things they had achieved. Think you could well do that with many of your historical leaders. Rita
No offense, Rita, but I usually cringe a bit when I see you guys from other countries talk about American history or politics. It's not that you can't have reliable information, but some of the things I read are just not accurate.

I could tell you a lot about the Civil War that many Americans probably don't know, but I won't take the time. I'll just address the issue of slavery. I personally believe that slavery is evil, but this was not the main issue of the war as many people have been told. When the slaves were freed, many northerners didn't want them going to the North. Many slaves who went north after being emancipated were not given jobs. Many who found work were given the kinds of jobs nobody else wanted. I know that what I'm about to say will sound very politically incorrect, but some slaves had been better off as slaves working for masters who cared about their welfare. The bottom line is that the freeing of slaves should have been planned out so that they could make a living and support themselves and their families.

So, as many people see Lincoln as the Great Emancipator, he really did the slaves a disservice by how emancipation was carried out. Also, the South was senselessly decimated in the Civil War, and some hatred for the North still exists today because of it, so Lincoln failed in some ways to bring this nation back together after a war that never should have been started by the North....

I would NOT say that Trump is the greatest president we have ever had, and I think it's foolish for him to make this claim. However, I look at his policies, and I see that many of them have benefited Americans. I have a problem with people on this forum who have never said one good thing about Trump and seem so eager to jump on every bit of negative gossip about him. This is not what Christians should be doing to anyone! And really, this story about Trump making negative comments about the military is nothing but gossip! Those who have worked most closely with Trump have refuted these claims. Nuff said.

Last edited: