The Atlantic Article saying Trump dissed our troops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What fun. Back in 2016, Trump said he had a plan to eliminate the national debt in eight years. Ooops.

Then in 2017, he had a plan to cut spending to start reducing the national debt. Republicans were running everything -- did they do it?

Ha, ha, and now we're told reducing the national debt will be a priority in a second term. . . . Yeah, right.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What fun. Back in 2016, Trump said he had a plan to eliminate the national debt in eight years. Ooops.

Then in 2017, he had a plan to cut spending to start reducing the national debt. Republicans were running everything -- did they do it?

Ha, ha, and now we're told reducing the national debt will be a priority in a second term. . . . Yeah, right.

Yes, what fun hating on Trump!!!!!!!! Christians shouldn't hate on anyone!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in 2016, Trump said he had a plan to eliminate the national debt in eight years. Ooops.
Did you watch the video?

Trump never said it, did he! Oops!

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The House holds the purse-strings. All Democrats vote against anything Trump may propose, and especially early on, Establishment Never-Trumper's in the Republican Party opposed him. The one miscalculation Trump has made is that he actually believed that Government would work towards a goal that benefited America. He believed the pipedream that Government actually worked for the people.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She said, reducing the "National Deficit," which means lowering the future pace of debt. This will be problematic even to do this since politicians love their money (which means "other people's" money). They are unwilling to give a real budget. A President can "suggest" spending cuts, or tax-increases to balance the spending deficit. So, the "Ha, Ha" is on the Left to get in line and do their jobs... right?

Trump should not be very specific about what he wants to do, because we all know that it is easy to get elected on a shallow indefinite promise of "Hopey-Changie!"

R

Rita

No offense, Rita, but I usually cringe a bit when I see you guys from other countries talk about American history or politics. It's not that you can't have reliable information, but some of the things I read are just not accurate.

I could tell you a lot about the Civil War that many Americans probably don't know, but I won't take the time. I'll just address the issue of slavery. I personally believe that slavery is evil, but this was not the main issue of the war as many people have been told. When the slaves were freed, many northerners didn't want them going to the North. Many slaves who went north after being emancipated were not given jobs. Many who found work were given the kinds of jobs nobody else wanted. I know that what I'm about to say will sound very politically incorrect, but some slaves had been better off as slaves working for masters who cared about their welfare. The bottom line is that the freeing of slaves should have been planned out so that they could make a living and support themselves and their families.

So, as many people see Lincoln as the Great Emancipator, he really did the slaves a disservice by how emancipation was carried out. Also, the South was senselessly decimated in the Civil War, and some hatred for the North still exists today because of it, so Lincoln failed in some ways to bring this nation back together after a war that never should have been started by the North....

I would NOT say that Trump is the greatest president we have ever had, and I think it's foolish for him to make this claim. However, I look at his policies, and I see that many of them have benefited Americans. I have a problem with people on this forum who have never said one good thing about Trump and seem so eager to jump on every bit of negative gossip about him. This is not what Christians should be doing to anyone! And really, this story about Trump making negative comments about the military is nothing but gossip! Those who have worked most closely with Trump have refuted these claims. Nuff said.
Yes, I understand and no offence taken. I wasn’t really ‘ having a dig at Trump ‘ in context it was more the claim that he was the best ever president. Over here we have had many good leaders, many bad but they achieved different things. Sir Winston Churchill was a great leader during war time, but not good in peace time. Leaders have strengths and weaknesses and so within their time frame their achievements will be measured by so many different things. Hence why I don’t believe it is right to claim anyone as being the greatest. They are all different.
I have had my fair share of people claiming they understand the british history and culture, when they are way off base. Many who seem to think they understand the USA on here equally do not live there.
As for the comments about the soldiers, in context my message was about how ‘ the gossip ‘ was being used. Either way no one really k own as none of us were there when the conversations took place. Therefore there can be no absolute truth as to who is right and who is wrong. It often strikes me that many presume that those closest to Trump are telling the truth when there is simply no way of knowing that.
Personally I think it is just being used because of where you are with the election, for me it’s more to do with the timing and the fact that it was supposedly said two years ago, why didn’t they use it then !
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rita

No they cannot! They do not own the Media. The only dominance is Talk Radio in America. Yes, both sides can "spin," yet the real question is, whose "spin" can be heard?
Sorry but Isn’t that a contradiction. You say no they can’t, then add they can. Surely the ability to spin things is not based on whether it is heard through the normal media but whether both sides are playing the same game and getting things out through other avenues of communication. If both sides are spinning things then they are both as guilty as one another.
Rita

R

Rita

Yes, what fun hating on Trump!!!!!!!! Christians shouldn't hate on anyone!
Have you heard the hateful comments on this forum towards the ‘ lefties ‘
Your statement is quite true , and it applies to everyone. Also having negatives towards president Trump is not rooted in hate, certainly not on my part anyway. I simply don’t agree with everything that comes out of his mouth just because he claims to be a Christian.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never trusted Fox News , and as for anything linked to murdoch !!
He owns much of our media - so I don’t trust much here either ! Rita

DON'T STOP AT FOX NEWS. They're the MOST reliable of ANY news source, -- all others are bald-faced-liars. Just don't believe ANYTHING you hear from ANYONE, including a Politician, Policeman, Pastor, or President. Find out for yourself ALL sides to any issue (1 Cor. 14 :29)!

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I would NOT say that Trump is the greatest president we have ever had ...

I'll say it, AND MORE, -- I discern that Trump and Pence are the Two Witnesses, who've been sent by GOD to a wicked world which I expect will overwhelm their Protection, murder them both, and party for the 3 1/2 days while their bodies lie in the street, unrecoverable for the throng of people.

So yeah, put me down as an initial STRONG Anti-Trump'er, now having WITNESSED GOD's miraculous Hand in Trump's life and office. -- The Proof in in the PUDDING, and it may still be on the "stove", but the "sips" appear to be proving the final product.

Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you heard the hateful comments on this forum towards the ‘ lefties ‘
Your statement is quite true , and it applies to everyone. Also having negatives towards president Trump is not rooted in hate, certainly not on my part anyway. I simply don’t agree with everything that comes out of his mouth just because he claims to be a Christian.
@Rita please know that I wasn’t addressing you in the least with my comment about hating. You tend to be very diplomatic in your comments, which I appreciate.

I’m for discussing the positive and negative aspects of Trump’s policies, and I have. But there are a few people on this forum who seem to be looking for reasons to criticize Trump. They seem to revel in finding fault with him. In my mind, this is playing God and judging Trump as if they know all of the intentions of his heart. And it’s not helpful in the discussion about what’s actually happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo and Rita

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the comments about the so,diners, in context my message was about how ‘ the gossip ‘ was being used. Either way no one really k own as none of us were there when the conversations took place. Therefore there can be no absolute truth as to who is right and who is wrong. It often strikes me that many presume that those closest to Trump are telling the truth when there is simply no way of knowing that.
Personally I think it is just being used because of where you are with the election, for me it’s more to do with the timing and the fact that it was supposedly said two years ago, why didn’t they use it then !

I would agree that we shouldn't automatically assume that those closest to Trump are telling the truth about him, but some of these people are Christians, so I tend to believe that telling the truth is important to them. Still, I'm waiting for all the facts to come out so that I know what really happened. Of course, we may never know.

You're right, we have no way of knowing for sure what Trump said about the military, so these accusations should NEVER have been made public without PROOF. I've heard Trump say enough cringe-worthy things, lol. We don't need people lying about what he's saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo and Rita

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I've heard Trump say enough cringe-worthy things, lol. ...

LOL, -- yeah, sometimes human nature DEMANDS "cringe-worthy" statements. I'm not afraid to make them either, like when someone is a LIAR, or does any number of dishonest/disreputable things. And so each of us must be responsible and CALL THEM OUT for their transgression against society. And it's NOT FUN, but IT IS NECESSARY. It's what a MAN/WOMAN of GOD DOES, -- especially a PROPHET --, as we all know!

And I hope that if the day ever comes when I make a mistake, -- well, that probably won't happen. :rolleyes:
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Candidus

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but Isn’t that a contradiction. You say no they can’t, then add they can. Surely the ability to spin things is not based on whether it is heard through the normal media but whether both sides are playing the same game and getting things out through other avenues of communication. If both sides are spinning things then they are both as guilty as one another.
Rita
No contradiction, radio is a small media compared to the Press and Television. Why do the Press hate Trump? Because he knows their hatred and bias and goes around them with tweets. They believe that they are entitled to listen to a Whitehouse briefing, and printing their skewed opinion on it. Personally, I believe that this is a brilliant move on Trumps part.

Bias can come in many forms. An example is, how much do you hear about the persecution of Christians around the world? Rarely, and almost exclusively by Christian Media. Yet, watch one person attack a mosque, or a Muslim, and it streaks across the news. There is so much news that there are limits on what one source of Media can report. So by their bias, they report what they believe is what the people want to hear. Trump has a bad month on the economy, and MSNBC and CNN banter about it 24/7. If he has a great month on the economy, they either ignore it of flash it out there with a "So what!"

Television as a Media routinely spins burning and looting as "protesting" or "mostly peaceful protests." Sitcoms and nigh-time hosts all spin a Liberal agenda.

There are organizations that track the leanings of the News Networks and record their bias. FOX News has consistently been the most fair and balanced network. All other major networks have a strong left-leaning agenda.

At CNN and NBC, 93 percent of the stories were negative in tone toward Trump, the study says. Put another way, their main newscasts could find only 7 percent of stories worth being positive toward the president.

CBS wasn’t far behind, at 91 percent negative. Then there was the New York Times (87 percent) and Washington Post (83 percent).

The Wall Street Journal clocked in at 70 percent negative.

And Fox News was, well, fair and balanced. The study found Bret Baier’s “Special Report” to be 52 percent negative and 48 percent positive toward Trump. The network that is often derided by the rest of the media for being too pro-Trump was actually the fairest, according to the Harvard researchers.
It's not your imagination: Study finds Trump coverage overwhelmingly negative

Look at the result of the polls. Most people think that Trump is a racist. You cannot find any proof of that, and all evidence points to the contrary. But not a peep out of Leftist Media of Joe Biden's long sordid trail of racist remarks.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, -- yeah, sometimes human nature DEMANDS "cringe-worthy" statements. I'm not afraid to make them either, like when someone is a LIAR, or does any number of dishonest/disreputable things. And so each of us must be responsible and CALL THEM OUT for their transgression against society. And it's NOT FUN, but IT IS NECESSARY. It's what a MAN/WOMAN of GOD DOES, -- especially a PROPHET --, as we all know!

And I hope that if the day ever comes when I make a mistake, -- well, that probably won't happen. :rolleyes:
Bobby Jo
I understand what you're saying. I have the gift of prophecy, and at times the Holy Spirit has given me something to say that was rejected by the intended recipient. In the process, I felt rejected, but I would rather please God than man. So, no, I don't have a problem saying what the Lord gives me to say even when it's cringe-worthy. And I take this gift very seriously because I will answer to God for every word I speak in His name.

What I'm talking about with Trump is that he seems to put his foot in his mouth at times and hands his enemies ammunition to use against him. Some of these things really don't need to be said, IMO. It's not wise. I often pray for him to have wisdom....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you heard all those "cringe-worthy" things that Biden has said?

Where are all those easily offended people when it comes to an opinion on Biden?
I know, I know. I've heard them too. Some of Biden's are beyond cringe-worthy because they are completely unintelligible. Gaffs are one thing, but when his words are not real words, that's a BIG problem!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If in a group where in the conversation my wife might say that I blew it, I usually interrupt and say, "Now Honey, you can't hold JUST ONE little mistake over my head!"

(Usually I hear a lot of moans!):eek:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, I know. I've heard them too. Some of Biden's are beyond cringe-worthy because they are completely unintelligible. Gaffs are one thing, but when his words are not real words, that's a BIG problem!
I don't think that Trump is any worse than any other politician I have seen. The big difference is that I don't think that there is a thought that comes to his mind, that does not come out of his mouth! If what he tweets is everything... then I think that he is above par compared to what some politicians say openly, and get caught saying in private.

I may not always like what he says, but I do not have to guess what he means, unlike other politicians.