The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you do not even know if the person you were writing to is saved or not- that knowledge belongs to God alone, unless they have publicly declared they do nto believe Jesus died for their sins.

But you can take or leave my advice that is up to you.
It should be obvious since the people that I am writing to are those who will be reading on a public forum, that there will be those reading my posts who are not saved.

The odds are too slim that there would not ba anyone who isn't saved reading what I am posting.

And also, Matthew 7:21 is clear that there are many people professing faith in Jesus as Lord who do not have salvation; therefore you might even be one of those reading my posts who isn't saved.

So yes, I know that not everyone reading my posts is born again; and therefore your statement above (the first statement made by you in the post quoted) is found to be false.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, in your opinion, is the nature of God's three-ness?
The "three" are speaking of manifestations of the one(lone)God, not persons.

God manifests Himself as Father, Word, Holy Ghost, Spirit, water and blood....etc.

God manifested Himself as the Father THROUGH His human son, Jesus Christ.

God also manifests Himself as the Holy Ghost.

The Spirit, water and blood are part of His manifestations(revealings) too.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "three" are speaking of manifestations of the one(lone)God, not persons.

God manifests Himself as Father, Word, Holy Ghost, Spirit, water and blood....etc.

God manifested Himself as the Father THROUGH His human son, Jesus Christ.

God also manifests Himself as the Holy Ghost.

The Spirit, water and blood are part of His manifestations(revealings) too.
The Father inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15); the Son dwells in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as the Father (yet distinct from the Father) in that Jesus released His own Spirit back to the Father who inhabiteth eternity (for by nature, one who inhabits eternity cannot cease to inhabit eternity, but dwells in eternity for ever). The Spirit rose to fill all things (He also dwells outside of time) and thus the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Father and the Holy Ghost, being the same Spirit, dwell side-by-side in eternity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, the Father, once He has become the Son, does not become the Father again. And the Holy Ghost does not become the Son again, neither the Father (while He technically is the Father since they are the same Spirit). So, the Holy Ghost does not go backwards in His experience so that He becomes the Spirit who has no experiential knowledge of what it means to be human.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that is not persecution. I take it readily and respond back to you.
It has no impact because my words don't mean anything; they are only spoken to prove a point. But if they had not been spoken to prove a point, and if i were really calling you out as a false teacher, I do believe that you would have responded the same way I did.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15); the Son dwells in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as the Father (yet distinct from the Father) in that Jesus released His own Spirit back to the Father who inhabiteth eternity (for by nature, one who inhabits eternity cannot cease to inhabit eternity, but dwells in eternity for ever). The Spirit rose to fill all things (He also dwells outside of time) and thus the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The Father and the Holy Ghost, being the same Spirit, dwell side-by-side in eternity.
The Father is not a Holy Spirit?

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15);

Correct.

the Son dwells in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

The human tabernacle of flesh "IS" the father manifest in the flesh.

The Holy Ghost is the same Spirit as the Father (yet distinct from the Father) in that Jesus released His own Spirit back to the Father who inhabiteth eternity (for by nature, one who inhabits eternity cannot cease to inhabit eternity, but dwells in eternity for ever). The Spirit rose to fill all things (He also dwells outside of time) and thus the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Father and the Holy Ghost, being the same Spirit, dwell side-by-side in eternity.

You are correct to say the Father and H.G. are the same spirit. But all that other gymnastics about dwelling side by side is incorrect.

To sum this up is to say that Jesus is the Almighty in the flesh...

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that.
Then, if the Father is a Holy Spirit person, and the Holy Spirit is a Holy Spirit person, then there is more than one Holy Spirit?

Also, is the Son a holy man or a Holy Spirit?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But all that other gymnastics about dwelling side by side is incorrect.

You can be certain that it is not incorrect.

For I have studied this out extensively and the Lord has given unto me a revelation on the matter.

The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God as He is released back to the Father (Luke 23:46).

To get the rest, I suppose that you will have to seek to understand the relationship between time and eternity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, if the Father is a Holy Spirit person, and the Holy Spirit is a Holy Spirit person, then there is more than one Holy Spirit?

Also, is the Son a holy man or a Holy Spirit?
Just re-read some oy my more recent posts in this thread.

The Son is both Spirit and flesh...it is called the hypostatic union.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just re-read some oy my more recent posts in this thread.

The Son is both Spirit and flesh...it is called the hypostatic union.

God is human?

Man is God?

This is what the H/U implies.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God as He is released back to the Father (Luke 23:46).
To get the rest, I suppose that you will have to seek to understand the relationship between time and eternity.

You should have studied-out "omnipresent".

Omnipresence has Jesus coming out of the water at the baptism of John, and simultaneously descending like a dove (which was a sign unto John), while speaking from heaven in Matthew 3:16, which was a perfect example of how our one true God can multitask. God does not jump out of one person in Mexico to go and jump into another saved person in France, He is in all saved people at the same time, and was in all three places at that baptism while still being the one omnipresent Spirit which is in heaven...

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

That same God which spoke to Moses through a burning bush, overshadowed Mary and she conceived a seed. That one spirit simultaneously inhabits that seed AND remains in heaven (omnipresent). When Mary gives birth, we now have SPIRIT become FLESH. That bouncing baby boy is the ALMIGHTY manifest in the flesh. That is how, and why Jesus can say, "the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." ... and ... "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father."

Compare the following references:

The Lord God is the Creator. Isaiah 42:5.
The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3-10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Isaiah 43:10.
The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Isaiah 43:10-11.
The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. Psalms 146:10.
The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke ‪1:33‬

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Isaiah 43:15.
The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matthew 27:37

The Lord God is the First and the Last. Isaiah 44:6.
The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Revelation 1:8.

Is it possible Jesus is both the Father and the Son? Jesus himself addressed this very question...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First and the Last.
He is the Alpha and the Omega.

When talking with the Jews, he said...

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
[27] They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Although, a case can be made that water baptism does save a man (1 Peter 3:20-21).
It is interesting that the Arc was symbolic for being "in Christ", saved from destruction. However it is not until after Jesus resurrection was anyone saved and specifically when they receive the Holy Spirit

Here again, be baptized, as an obedient act, symbolic of the washing of sins, in order to receive the Holy Spirit.

Yes, when we accept Christ, the Holy Spirit begins a great work. (John 6:44; 14:17; Roman 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:13).

However, apart from the water baptism, there is a distinct baptism in the Holy Spirit, a gift from God the Father that is promised to every believer (Matthew 3:11; Luke 11:13; 24:49; Acts 2:33, 38).

Just clarifying things that people get confused about. Some people come forward to the altar and say the sinners prayer to receive Christ, get water baptized and leave it at that. They never ask for the Holy Spirit, never feed on the Word ( don't really love it) and they think that was all they had to do and so just go on living the way they want. Maybe they attend church, just for show or an act of being justified.
Some seed is planted in shallow soil or rocky soil and when tough times come, like we are in now, their faith crumbles.

Reactions: mjrhealth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will only say to you, @Ronald David Bruno, that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who repent and are water baptized in Jesus' Name for the remission of sins. Those who don't fulfill the condition of the promise, don't receive the particular promise.

They can receive the Holy Spirit as the result of other promises (such as Luke 11:9-13 and/or Ephesians 1:13-14).

Omnipresence has Jesus coming out of the water at the baptism of John, and simultaneously descending like a dove (which was a sign unto John), while speaking from heaven in Matthew 3:16, which was a perfect example of how our one true God can multitask.

Jesus, in descending to become a Man, emptied Himself of the divine attribute of Omnipresence; for He fully condensed His nature into a body of human flesh; and as a zygote at the beginning.

Therefore, Jesus, while His pre-incarnate existence was the Father, exists as a distinct Person within the Godhead.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can receive the Holy Spirit as the result of other promises (such as Luke 11:9-13 and/or Ephesians 1:13-14).
It is promised when you ASK for it:
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13

It is also interesting that no one can come to the Father unless He first draws them. But He can resist, which goes against TULIP, but I'm not a Calvinist. And another verse is God draws all men to Himself. Wait a minute, if Irresistible Grace was true, all men would come to Him. That's not reality is it? Men resist, become callous. Many a testimony claims being dragged to the altar. So we need to ask for forgiveness, ask for guidance in prayer, ask for the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Cooper

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, in descending to become a Man, emptied Himself of the divine attribute of Omnipresence

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

That unless a wrong meaning should be taken from the foregoing expression, and it should be imagined that, in order to manifest himself upon earth he must necessarily leave heaven; our blessed Lord qualifies it by adding, the Son of man who is in heaven; pointing out, by this, the omnipresence of his nature.