The Authority of Dreams and Visions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would the saints be doing signs and wonders when the Bible says the signs and wonders will be a lie?
The saints will not be involved with signs and wonders before the Second Coming of Christ. They were primarily for the Apostolic Age. Today the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation, and God wants all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

On the other hand the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be dazzling the world with their signs and lying wonders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Return?

I believe the signs and wonders are still here today.
The Lord......the same yesterday....today.....and forever.
Hi Triumph,

Do you mean the sort of thing where someone would heal a several 1000's at a time? Like Peter's shadow falling on people who were healed from it? That sort?

Or that these healings and miracles happen today, but not at that scale?

Just trying to get a feel for what you're thinking.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saints will not be involved with signs and wonders before the Second Coming of Christ. They were primarily for the Apostolic Age. Today the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation, and God wants all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

On the other hand the Antichrist and the False Prophet will be dazzling the world with their signs and lying wonders.

The Jews seek after a sign, and the Greeks wisdom.

Many signs shall be given them, I think.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard last week that some 'Prophet' was saying that next year will be a year of clarity for the Church. I said to the person..."Oh yes, and where did that come from? It wouldn't be that next year just happens to be the year of 20 20 (vision) would it! Groan :rolleyes:

If your eye is healthy, your while body will be full of light. But if your eyes are whacked out...

funny-cat-lolcat-confused-600x452.jpg

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The future is all mapped out in Scripture; 1 Corinthians 11.26 brings it to light, for the believer.
Until it is 'mapped out' in the heart of a believer by the Holy Spirit, what does the believer understand of it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dreams and visions are not meant to replace scripture. They have different functions. This could easily turn into a thread on cessationism. If it does, count me out. I have seen all of the gifts of the Spirit used by mature Christians for the building up of the body of Christ.
Dreams and visions are only part of what God has given us. He has also given us these 'gifts' of certain ones so that we might be perfected:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:11-13

As we see here on this thread, we are NOT yet in the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God and we are not yet that perfect man... are we? Therefore the gifts, all them are still needed! No man in his flesh may approach the throne of God and see His face and live!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had many of both over the 55 years walk.
While the word of God as you say is complete we aren't !! :)

Most times when I have received a word via dream or vision from the Lord it is to CONFIRM either something I have asked Him...or it is 'light' on something I have been studying and asking Him.

They compliment the Bible...they are not instead of.
There is nothing wrong with His side of things...He communicates clearly...it is us who sometime need clarification on something.

@farouk I noticed you had also commented on this quote above.
Yes, we are not complete! We do not have the whole of the Word of God written in our hearts...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, we are not complete! ..
.... YET !! I can't see why this quoting thing has gone all wrong...I have now tried to correct it FOUR times!!!!
Not in it's fullness... :)
But see see the city a far off ....and are encouraged that "He who has begun a good work in us will compete it in the day of Jesus Christ.

Our living Hope!!

Something has gone wrong with my quoting :D

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, we are not complete! We do not have the whole of the Word of God written in our hearts...

I wrote a response FOUR times in the above...but it's gone all strange and wont show up!! I have tried and tried to edit... :(

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote a response FOUR times in the above...but it's gone all strange and wont show up!! I have tried and tried to edit... :(
Once in a while the program for this site has some major little glitches. When I come up against them, like you I try and try again. Sometimes it works and sometime...!!!???:eek::(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He is not finished with us yet!

Did you click on the
Until it is 'mapped out' in the heart of a believer by the Holy Spirit, what does the believer understand of it?

Agree...it has got to get of the page and out of our note books into our heart and even then ..little by little God will faithfully reveal it ...when we need it. :)

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dreams and visions are not meant to replace scripture. They have different functions. This could easily turn into a thread on cessationism. If it does, count me out. I have seen all of the gifts of the Spirit used by mature Christians for the building up of the body of Christ.

Well said bro :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

.... YET !! I can't see why this quoting thing has gone all wrong...I have now tried to correct it FOUR times!!!!
Not in it's fullness... :)
But see see the city a far off ....and are encouraged that "He who has begun a good work in us will compete it in the day of Jesus Christ.

Our living Hope!!
Something has gone wrong with my quoting :D

Here it is . . .

:)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My friend.

God can speak to us whenever and however He likes.
And He does!!