The Authority of Dreams and Visions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Question . . .

If Dreams and Visions have authority, why are they not all received as such?

It's been pointed out that people tend to have "dreams and visions" that complement their particular theology, or eschatology. Why is that?

Others reject their dreams and visions because they disagree on the theology.

Why would someone reject a vision as being from God because it disagrees with their view, rather than change their view to what was in the vision? What other reasons are there that we may not receive a dream or vision as being from God?

How is our sense of discernment affected by the views we hold?

Just some wonderings . . .

Much love!

One could easily add to dreams and visions why are any of the gifts of the spirit and the miraculous not accepted or received by all?

I have a conviction as to where they are accepted or not is determined by where you live. You will note that dreams and visions and miracles are more prevalent in some countries than in some others. For example in Africa, the supernatural of any kind is accepted as normal so it is not difficult for Africans to accept the supernatural of God as normal.

A good example is a mother of a dead baby who came to Christians and said to them "I have been to the witch doctor to bring my baby back to life but he is still dead. If your God can raise my son I will follow him all my life." The Christians laid hands on the baby which was in the mother's arms and prayed for him and he came back to life. Apparently that mother has kept her promise so far.

In western civilization, we in all probability would take the son to the hospital in the hope that medical science would provide the answer.

Personally, I much prefer to experience the supernatural and let God have the glory than trust in man. One has to ask if faith in medical science is a slap in the face for God's supernatural remedies? These require faith but it is a rare commodity in many countries. Our faith tends to go no farther than the hymn prayer sandwich service. I have faith I will please God if I turn up every week for that.

Where I live we have 45 churches and not one of them has any faith to evangelize in any shape or form despite the scripture saying that without faith it is impossible to please God.

The fact is we choose to be faithless and deny God the opportunity to demonstrate his love through the supernatural.

In a case I was involved in, we were advised about a young man who was brain dead because he hit his head on the pavement when he was punched. The hospital said he would never gain consciousness and be normal, could we pray for him? The Lord spoke to me in that instant so I went to the front and took the meeting out of the hands of the leader. I told everyone that I don't pray (pause for effect) and surprised looks, and then continued until God tells me what to pray for.

He has just spoken to me and said to take a cloth and pray over it and put it under the young man's pillow. We got permission from the hospital and parents to do this. I went into the hospital with two other prayers and prayed over the cloth and then put it under his pillow and joined hands with him and each other and prayed. As we prayed it was clear something was going on as the young man reacted to us praying.

Before we left we told the nurses to leave the cloth under his pillow. A couple of weeks later he walked out of hospital whole. In this case, medical science had no answers but God did. All he needed was someone to step out in faith and make things happen by his power.

Reactions: Helen and marks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Helen, we both got Waiting on Him's name wrong, lol! You said Waiting IN Him, and I said Waiting FOR Him. Poor guy. We're probably giving him a complex or something. :(

@Waiting on him , sorry!! :)

Hahaha!! Then I think it is defiantly time I went to bed...my brain is fried.
See you all in the morning I hope...nite nite... :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Triumph,

Do you mean the sort of thing where someone would heal a several 1000's at a time? Like Peter's shadow falling on people who were healed from it? That sort?

Or that these healings and miracles happen today, but not at that scale?

Just trying to get a feel for what you're thinking.

Much love!

Sure, why not.
He said the same, yesterday and today.

Just the fact that I am on this forum is a miracle, and you would agree
if you knew me from before oct. 1980.

I have seen many miracles in my family life and in my businesses.

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will I ever recover.

I say you could keep altering the site name every few months to keep people off guard.

There's also:
Waiting Thru Him,
Waiting Until Him,
Waiting Before Him,
Watching And Waiting
Waiting And Waiting
Whistle While You're Waiting
He's Well Worth The Waiting...

You could keep people guessing for years...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I say you could keep altering the site name every few months to keep people off guard.

There's also:
Waiting Thru Him,
Waiting Until Him,
Waiting Before Him,
Watching And Waiting
Waiting And Waiting
Whistle While You're Waiting
He's Well Worth The Waiting...

You could keep people guessing for years...

Sometimes it's hard remembering names when you can't see them.

With you I am never sure if it's HiddenInHim or Hidden-in-Him but I finally get Hidden In Him right ...

One reason I opted for my own name...Helen , and just forget the 'stage name'. lol