The Awful Nature of Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
The awful nature of sin folks is a very serious thing. Some People think they can just weeze through life having everything they want with no penalty well it's this thinking that caused Man to Sin in the first place. See this is the dangerous nature of pride and why it is a deadly sin.When you know you shouldn't do something whether because God says its wrong or you know its wrong and God says its wrong and you don't do it DESPITE your conscience what happens here is pride overruns doubt. You should doubt that God will show mercy to this attitude but yet something overcomes you and tells you that "you can do whatever you want after all you're in control of your own life" and that's pride, pride says "I can do it by myself" pride says "I can do whatever I want and you can't stop me", pride is the rebellion of sin at it's core root. So then you commit to sin or a life full of sin. Now think of this God's way. He created you to be a rational moral being and when you don't rationalize your morality you are creating vanity. Let the people of God see sin for what it is and not legitimize it with the rest of the world. The world legitimizes sin by saying "everyone else is doing so I can to." "If they get away with it so can I." This is the reason Sin is SO DESTRUCTIVE! Because it is this contagious affect that presents a dilema that leads the masses into a gathering of sinfulness and depravity.One reason God hates sin and abhors it is because God is Love and the way he can share that Love is through relationship with you but the only way this relationship will work is if you see sin as he does otherwise you are simply serving two masters or still in rebellion. The point is that Sin destroys your livelihood of mind, Kills your compassion of heart, and steals the thing God loves the most...you. The positive side to this whole ordeal is this...without evil and sin in the world there wouldn't be True Love because True Love is ALWAYS a Choice of the free will to make and you cannot make this in a world unhinged by sin,evil and wrong. This is how God uses it to his benefit however it doesn't make it okay by any means because God wants to share that love with you forever not just for a lifetime. If it wasn't this way wouldn't we just be programmed to Love? Is that what God really wants? No I don't think God wants half of your heart he wants all of it given freely.This is how we know the dangerous power of sin and how to overcome it...with love. People see Hell as a very a bad thing for good reason but not sin as bad I don't get this because sin leads to death which leads to hell now do you see the downward spiral?Some people say a Loving God wouldn't send people to hell, this is rather offensive to me! Well think of it this way if there wasn't a Hell then everyone would go to Heaven and if everyone went to Heaven then God would be one big pushover of puppy love. Puppy love is where you love the idea of something or someone but that's not real or mature. But if God is pure love then Hell would exist in order for God to expose the truth of its reality...its extreme..so extreme..that God may not love the idea of Hell but he created it for the purpose of showing you that you have a choice, Heaven or Hell, Life or Death, If we didn't have these choices then we wouldn't have a totally unhindered free will but God made them because in order for our free will to be free we must be in a universe of balance with universal laws governing the courses of possibility and sensibility. If they was only Heaven then we would already be there but since we are here there must be a choice. I do speak of a Literal Heaven and a Literal Hell and some of you may not accept that..so then I ask you is all there is, is planet earth? Is there just a big void in space and time or is there another realm outside of our realm? Is this just a big dream where we all just wake up from? What is real? How do you define real? what do you see?I define real as only best I can. Real is the picture behind the picture the message behind the message the language of the language the love hidden in love this is reality this is God's way of talking to us, this is real what you don't see what you don't understand what you may not even know, you only catch a glimpse of it as you walk on the way as you rise and fall as you pursue intelligence as you see life.What do you see? What do you hear? Question these things and ponder on them for what we don't see and what we don't hear that my friends that may be the real inside the world of the real that may very well be the Kingdom of Heaven hidden in a field waiting for someone to find.Matthew 13:44 44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.