The Baptism With The Holy Spirit (A Scriptural Study)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 9, 2010
-- Ah yes, apparently "Judge not let ye be judged" doesn't apply to you.

LOL -- I am not the one judging you -- Christ has told us that God will judge you based upon your refusal to receive His Words! Have you not read??

Joh 12:48​
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Since Rapturists, who hold true to form, will reject Christ and will worship Satan in the endtime, your refusal to receive the Truth, as it has been taught to you many times, will be the basis for God's judgment of you. I am simply agreeing with Christ's admonishment when I hope that you 'enjoy your trip'. Certainly, the first resurrection is out of the question for endtime Rapturists, as they have taken the Mark of the Beast.

Just to correct you, we are supposed to judge [as in discern] all but salvation, which is God's province alone.

To call everything you do not agree with "Satanic" shows you limited scope of reasoning.

The Word of God does not support contradicting positions. Either both positions are wrong or one or the other position is true. Logic dictates that either the Word of God [Bible manuscripts] contains the clauses "spiritual gifts", "manifestations of the Holy Spirit", and "unknown tongues" or the Word does not. I have repeatedly challenged you [and your fellow tongue twisters] to prove that the Bible manuscripts contain those clauses, for which your religion is principally based upon. You have failed each and every time to meet the burden of proof required of you. Then, you have the audacity to claim your religion is 'Christian'. Since your religion is not of Christ, the default position is that it is of Satan. So, spare me your ignorant comments on 'reasoning'. My reasoning here is flawless.

Anyone familiar with the Bible knows that Satan has his niche carved out within those professing to be 'Christian' churches. See 1 Tim. 4:1. It is a latter day event, which informs the true Christian to look at the newest religion in the realm of purported Christianity. Hence, it is easy to conclude that Pentacostalism, with its off-shoot Charismacostalism, are the religions spoken of in 1 Tim 4:1. Of course, it is even easier to know why these two religions are Satan's churches -- 'tongues' [gibberish], 'spiritual gifts' [none exist in scripture], 'rapture' [Satan's M.O.], and [fake] 'faith healings'.

Whereas others may have unbiblical beliefs on other issues, this does not warrant the label 'Satanic'. On the other hand, your religion is Satanic.

Plus, you have never heard me say I that I believe in the Rapture. I have said that those who criticize those that believe in it need to be more respectful. But you apparently just want to yell "Satan!"at everything you don't embrace. Stay classy.

LOL -- who are you to lecture anyone on 'class'. You have none!

I have yet to encounter a tongue twister that did not believe in one form or another of the rapture -- whether it be pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. So, even if I have not seen your declaration on the subject, I already know that you believe in Christ's taking of the church. You see, all tongue twisters are thumb-sucking babies in that they think they are so special that they received 'spiritual gifts' -- evident by the speaking of gibberish [misnomer as 'tongues']. So, in light of that thinking, it is natural that tongue twisters would also believe that the church [their church] is so special that it will be taken by Christ at some point prior to the wrath of God.

Watching people speak in tongues during Christiain worship services that have also involved incredible healings, (eventually fulfilled) prophecies and the movement of the Holy Spirit hardly supports someone saying speaking in tongues 'twisted' or 'Satanic.'

You all simply give heed to seducing [Satanic] spirits [1 Tim. 4:1]. If you all were speaking in 'tongues' of the Bible, it would not be 'gibberish' to the speaker thereof.

Jun 9, 2010

[/color]
Watchman_2,
Are you understanding any of this?
Or is it just a waste of good forum space?

Frankly, since this is the 'General Christian Forum, I don't understand why you tongue twisters are allowed to post here. After all, you are not Christian

BTW, like all the rest of 1 Cor., I understand it far better than you do!

Are you ready to acknowledge that there is no such thing as 'spiritual gifts', 'unknown tongues', and 'manifestations of the Holy Spirit' in the Bible manuscripts? If not, spare me your denigrating questions.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"LOL -- I am not the one judging you -- Christ has told us that God will judge you based upon your refusal to receive His Words! Have you not read??

Joh 12:48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." -- Watchman

-- Yeah, not judging :) Calling something 'Satanic' just because you disagree with it, even though it is supported by Scripture...is not judging. LOL Good luck with that.

"Since Rapturists, who hold true to form, will reject Christ and will worship Satan in the endtime," -- Watchmam

-- Yeah, more of that "not judging" stuff lol
Making the claim that the millions of people who believe in the Rapture will automatically worship Satan when the Rapture doesn't come to pass as they predicted.
Nope. No judging there.

"LOL -- who are you to lecture anyone on 'class'. You have none!" - Watchman

-- As I said...

"Anyone familiar with the Bible knows that Satan has his niche carved out within those professing to be 'Christian' churches."
-- Watchman

-- And basing their practices on Scripture causes them to be "Christian" churches instead of Christian churches. Priceless.
Let me educate you here. Those "churches" being spoken of are the ones that support abortion, gay marraige and ordination, man himself as God, claiming God would never send anyone to hell, etc. etc. etc.
Those "churches" are becoming more and more prevalent. Perhaps you should pay more attention. The ones you are currently criticizing are the ones warning the loudest about these "churches." Get a clue...please?

"I have yet to encounter a tongue twister that did not believe in one form or another of the rapture -- whether it be pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. So, even if I have not seen your declaration on the subject, I already know that you believe in Christ's taking of the church." -- Watchmam

-- So, with no evidence whatsoever you "already know." So you are an active practicer of "Divination." Interesting...

"You see, all tongue twisters are thumb-sucking babies in that they think they are so special that they received 'spiritual gifts' -- evident by the speaking of gibberish [misnomer as 'tongues']"
- Watchman

-- Very nice. No unsubstantiated accusations there, huh? Bonus points for the name calling. Very Christlike of you.

"On the other hand, your religion is Satanic." - Watchman

-- Believing that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and giving Him my whole heart and receiving Him as my Savior is........Satanic?
You are a very troubled person Watchman.

Ahem....

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." - 1 Cor 14:1-2"

--
This is Satanic? ^^^^^

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Someone once said, If you believe something no evidence is necessary. If you do not believe something no evidence is sufficent.

There have never been any truer words spoken about the infilling of the Holy Spirit. If you have not experienced it you will argue till your face is blue against it most times. If you have you will never be the same.

A man with the experience is never at the mercy of the man with the argument.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Curiosity always gets the best of me in many instances when there is discussion on the infilling of the Holy Spirit and topics related to this

2Ti 3:1-7

(1)
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

(2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

(3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

(4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

(5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

(6) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

(7) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I am not going to take that scripture and try to identify if we are in the last days or the first days or the middle of days.....

Truth of the matter is that the verse 5 is talks about having a form of Godliness but denying the power there of.

Truth of the matter is that there is no power apart from the Holy Spirit. A person will never walk in the power of the Holy Spirit without being filled with The Holy Spirit.

Then as you look to the 7th verse you see that it is telling that there will be some that are ever leaning but never able to come to the knowledge of truth.

The truth of the matter is that you can graduate from some of the biggest named cemeteries I mean seminaries in the world and you can speak the Hebrew or the Greek proficiently. HOWEVER if you are not filled with the Holy spirit you will never be able to comprehend the deeper things of God and you will be battling over Milk which you should have learned a long time ago and never be able to get to the meat which is vital to live a strong mature life.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Someone once said, If you believe something no evidence is necessary. If you do not believe something no evidence is sufficent.

There have never been any truer words spoken about the infilling of the Holy Spirit. If you have not experienced it you will argue till your face is blue against it most times. If you have you will never be the same.

A man with the experience is never at the mercy of the man with the argument.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean people will speak in tongues. The scriptures explain that to us.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Frankly, since this is the 'General Christian Forum, I don't understand why you tongue twisters are allowed to post here. After all, you are not Christian BTW, like all the rest of 1 Cor., I understand it far better than you do! Are you ready to acknowledge that there is no such thing as 'spiritual gifts', 'unknown tongues', and 'manifestations of the Holy Spirit' in the Bible manuscripts? If not, spare me your denigrating questions.

Frankly, I see in you the same spirit of hatred that I see in many Muslims.
Please note: This is not a question, but merely an observation.
Have a greatly blessed day.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean people will speak in tongues.The scriptures explain that to us" - Anastacia

-- You do not have to speak in tongues to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Millions of people worldwide are filled with the Holy Spirit but do not speak in tongues. They are fine, wonderful Christians.
But they do have the choice, if they wish, to be able to speak in tongues and have the gift of prophecy.

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." - 1 Cor 14:1-2"

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
"Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean people will speak in tongues.The scriptures explain that to us" - Anastacia

-- You do not have to speak in tongues to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Millions of people worldwide are filled with the Holy Spirit but do not speak in tongues. They are fine, wonderful Christians.
But they do have the choice, if they wish, to be able to speak in tongues and have the gift of prophecy.

Speaking in tongues were a sign to the Jews---the sign was given. See Isaiah 28:11; 1 Corinthians 14:21; Acts 10:44; and Acts 11:18.

Speaking in tongues were understood by the foreigner's themselves---in their earthy language. See Acts 2:5; Acts 2:6; Acts 2:8.

The word for 'foreign languages' clearly is called 'tongues'. See Acts 2:11.

When someone spoke in tongues, and there was not a foreigner to understand, the gift of speaking in tongues continued and didn't just stop during the laying of the foundation. For one, see Hebrews 2:1-4.

Speaking in tongues was given during the laying of the foundation---the sign has been given to the Jews and the foundation is laid. See Ephesians 2:19-22.

When someone spoke in tongues, they spoke mysteries, mysteries that were once long time hidden, mysteries about Jesus Christ, during the laying of the foundation---the mystery has been revealed. See Ephesians 6:19.

The Bible tells us that prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. See 1 Corinthians 13:8.

So your tongue speaking is not biblical. Nor are your prophecies. Are you giving any new prophecies to the Bible? If you are, then you are adding to the word of God. Or are you only repeating prophecies that are already given in the Bible? Can you see the difference in giving new prophecies and only repeating prophecies already given in the Bible?

Jun 9, 2010
[/color]Frankly, I see in you the same spirit of hatred that I see in many Muslims.
Please note: This is not a question, but merely an observation.
Have a greatly blessed day.
[/color][/size]

Where is there compromise with Satan?? Answer -- there is no compromise.

Likewise, there is no compromise with Satan's church. You tongue twisters represent the great endtime apostasy spoken of in 2 Thes. 2. Though it will come to pass just as written, the Christian has a duty to speak out against it. Maybe, a few of you tongue twisters will see the light of day regarding your religion. It has nothing to do with hate. It is an act of love to point out the fallaciousness of your religion. If you are too blind to see Truth, at least, my work serves to edify the other viewers.

It is God's will that all come to repentance -- not my will. As far as my will is concerned, you tongue twisters can all be on your merry way to hell -- leaves more blessings for we Christians. I certainly know that your religion is of Satan; however, if I truly hated you all, I would not bother with pointing out the Truth to you.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean people will speak in tongues. The scriptures explain that to us.

No of course not that was only people that were in the book of Acts that spoke in tongues when they were filled with the Holy Spirit. That was just for them at that time wasn't it.?

Like I said in the above post.

The man with the experience is never at the mercy of the man with the argument. The truth is when something like this comes up the first person you have to convince is yourself. Once you have convinced yourself nothing anybody else presents if sufficient evidence to make you believe.

Go back and read the Book of Acts.

The two occurrences always ran together. Filled with the Holy Spirit. Spoke in tongues.

The thing that gets people that disagree with this hung up ALWAYS that I run into is this.

They go back to Acts 2 and immediately think that there have to be hundreds or thousands of different people involved and numerous languages thus there had to be everybody hearing in their language....

In all of the other places however there were local people and in the place of Cornelius Acts 10 there were probably just those of his household.......

You see tongues are the initial evidence.

The problem also many times with the unbelievers who discount and deny this is that they immediately try to go to 1 Cor 12 and try to associate tongues usage here with the initial evidence.

Tongues as described in 1 Cor 12 and 14 are Manifestation gifts for MINISTRY TO THE BODY.

The initial infilling evidence is a PRAYER LANGUAGE.

Not everybody has the gift of tongues as in 1 Cor 12. Not Everybody has the gift of interpretation of tongues..... as in the manifestation gift to minister to the body.

HOWEVER if they are filled with the Spirit as in the experience that happened to the people through out the Book of Acts and through out history since the day of Pentecoste as is described in Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit came and even to to today then the initial evidence will be tongues. A PRAYER LANGUAGE.

You might liken it to if a pot is boiling there will be steam. That steam is evidence that the pot is boiling. If the boil is there the steam is there.

If the infilling of the Holy Spirit is there the tongues will be there. It will be an over flowing of joy unspeakable, peace unexplainable.

One other quick thought. As for this end times apostasy thing. The bible says that in the last days Men will have a form of Godliness denying the power there of. Without the infilling of the Holy Spirit there will be NO power.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"The Bible tells us that prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. See 1 Corinthians 13:8." - Anastacia

-- Anastacia, will you please open your eyes? I have already addressed this with you, but you have chosen to ignore it.

From 10/27:

As far as you quoting Corinthians:
"
1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Do you really not understand what that is referring to?

It is referring to what will happen to your gifts IF/WHEN you lose love. If you were to read more than just one verse of the chapter it would be obvious.

Perhaps you should look at the first verse of that chapter:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." -
1 Cor. 13:1

You will notice I hope that that is an if / then statement for a current or potentially future event.

It also points out that those gifts only become "a resounding gong or clanging symbol" IF love is lost.

If love is present then those gifts still have purpose and value.

Read the verse in context with the chapter and it will hopefully open your eyes.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
"The Bible tells us that prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. See 1 Corinthians 13:8." - Anastacia

-- Anastacia, will you please open your eyes? I have already addressed this with you, but you have chosen to ignore it.

From 10/27:

As far as you quoting Corinthians:
"
1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

It is referring to what will happen to your gifts IF/WHEN you lose love. If you were to read more than just one verse of the chapter it would be obvious.

Perhaps you should look at the first verse of that chapter:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." -
1 Cor. 13:1

You will notice I hope that that is an if / then statement for a current or potentially future event.

It also points out that those gifts only become "a resounding gong or clanging symbol" IF love is lost.

If love is present then those gifts still have purpose and value.

Read the verse in context with the chapter and it will hopefully open your eyes.

The scripture says that prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. That's what is says.

When prophecies, tongues, and knowledge are no more, love will always be available to us.

Where in the scripture does it say what you say? Where does it say it is referring to what will happen to your gift IF/WHEN you lose love?

It doesn't say what you say it does.

In fact, the next scriptures tell us what will happen to you if you don't have love but still have gifts.

You have shown here, by example, what it is to twist the scriptures. You have twisted the scripture so much so, that you are ignoring all of 1 Corinthians 13:8.

The thing that gets people that disagree with this hung up ALWAYS that I run into is this.

They go back to Acts 2 and immediately think that there have to be hundreds or thousands of different people involved and numerous languages thus there had to be everybody hearing in their language....

In all of the other places however there were local people and in the place of Cornelius Acts 10 there were probably just those of his household.......

You see tongues are the initial evidence.

The initial infilling evidence is a PRAYER LANGUAGE.

I've already explained it to you previoulsy, that, even though, no foreigner was around to understand what those speaking in tongues were saying, the gift of tongues was still a gift they had, during the laying of the foundation.

You bring up Cornelius, Cornelius was a Gentile, the speaking in tongues with the Gentiles was a SIGN to the JEWS that salvation from God was also given to the Gentiles.

Speaking in tongues is not what people do nowadays. Speaking in tongues was a supernatural happpening given by the Holy Spirit. The tongue speaking you see so many doing today is UNsupernatural "prayer language," and it is not biblical.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"In fact, the next scriptures tell us what will happen to you if you don't have love but still have gifts." - Anastacia

-- You just said it yourself: "but still have gifts."

You are taking that one specific verse - 1 Cor. 13:8 - completely out of context. If you read it in conjunction with the actual chapter you would see it says that the prophecy would end IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LOVE and that while the speaking in tongues would continue, it would be only as a clanging symbol.

"Speaking in tongues is not what people do nowadays." - Anastacia

-- Really? Because there are millions of people doing just that every single day.
People who know the feel of the presence of the Holy Spirit and who grow in their relationship with God doing this.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
"In fact, the next scriptures tell us what will happen to you if you don't have love but still have gifts." - Anastacia

-- You just said it yourself: "but still have gifts."

You are taking that one specific verse - 1 Cor. 13:8 - completely out of context. If you read it in conjunction with the actual chapter you would see it says that the prophecy would end IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LOVE and that while the speaking in tongues would continue, it would be only as a clanging symbol.

"Speaking in tongues is not what people do nowadays." - Anastacia

-- Really? Because there are millions of people doing just that every single day.
People who know the feel of the presence of the Holy Spirit and who grow in their relationship with God doing this.

The passage does not say as you say "prophecy would end IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LOVE."

And, the scripture does not say as you say "that while speaking in tongues would continue,..."

The scripture tells us that tongues will not continue, in fact, tongues will be stilled.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The passage does not say as you say "prophecy would end IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LOVE."

And, the scripture does not say as you say "that while speaking in tongues would continue,..."

The scripture tells us that tongues will not continue, in fact, tongues will be stilled.

-- Here we go again...

Please actually read this this time and try to focus:

From 10/27:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." - 1 Cor. 13:1

-- Read it yourself. It says that if you do these things but do not have love, THEN AND ONLY THEN are they "a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." If you have love in your heart then when you do these things they are NOT that way.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." -
1 Cor. 13:2

-- This states that having these things are worthless ONLY if you do not have love. That implies they exist, are of value and will discontinue if you do not have love.

"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." -
1 Cor. 13:3

-- The very next verse and again listing things of value that will mean little to God if you do not have love. The scripture puts this on the same footing as the previous two verses.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." --
1 Cor. 13: 4-8

-- All the continuation of the same idea. It is warning that if we lose love THEN those gifts will be lost. For you to be correct Paul had to have thrown in a random, unrelated statement instead of staying with the theme. Not likely.

And while we are in Corinthians...

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." -
1 Cor 14:1-2

-- Paul encourages people to seek the very gift that you state is going away. Where exactly did he mention a time stamp where they should stop?

Also, you notice he mentions "for anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God."

-- Anastacia please address these verses and quit the round and round.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
-- Here we go again...

Please actually read this this time and try to focus:

From 10/27:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." - 1 Cor. 13:1

-- Read it yourself. It says that if you do these things but do not have love, THEN AND ONLY THEN are they "a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." If you have love in your heart then when you do these things they are NOT that way.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." -
1 Cor. 13:2

-- This states that having these things are worthless ONLY if you do not have love. That implies they exist, are of value and will discontinue if you do not have love.

"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." -
1 Cor. 13:3

-- The very next verse and again listing things of value that will mean little to God if you do not have love. The scripture puts this on the same footing as the previous two verses.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." --
1 Cor. 13: 4-8

-- All the continuation of the same idea. It is warning that if we lose love THEN those gifts will be lost. For you to be correct Paul had to have thrown in a random, unrelated statement instead of staying with the theme. Not likely.

And while we are in Corinthians...

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." -
1 Cor 14:1-2

-- Paul encourages people to seek the very gift that you state is going away. Where exactly did he mention a time stamp where they should stop?

Also, you notice he mentions "for anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God."

-- Anastacia please address these verses and quit the round and round.

You reject the Truth. I've tried to show you. I'm done now discussing this with you.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The scripture says that prophecies will cease, tongues will be stilled, and knowledge will pass away. That's what is says.

When prophecies, tongues, and knowledge are no more, love will always be available to us.

Where in the scripture does it say what you say? Where does it say it is referring to what will happen to your gift IF/WHEN you lose love?

It doesn't say what you say it does.

In fact, the next scriptures tell us what will happen to you if you don't have love but still have gifts.

You have shown here, by example, what it is to twist the scriptures. You have twisted the scripture so much so, that you are ignoring all of 1 Corinthians 13:8.

I've already explained it to you previoulsy, that, even though, no foreigner was around to understand what those speaking in tongues were saying, the gift of tongues was still a gift they had, during the laying of the foundation.

You bring up Cornelius, Cornelius was a Gentile, the speaking in tongues with the Gentiles was a SIGN to the JEWS that salvation from God was also given to the Gentiles.

Speaking in tongues is not what people do nowadays. Speaking in tongues was a supernatural happpening given by the Holy Spirit. The tongue speaking you see so many doing today is UNsupernatural "prayer language," and it is not biblical.

I tell you what, you continue to walk in your weak religon. I will keep praying in tongues and seeing the presence of the Holy Spirit operating in my life and you enjoy your walk and I will enjoy mine.

As I have said over and over again. A man with the experience is never at the mercy of the man with the argument.

Blessings to you.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"You reject the Truth. I've tried to show you. I'm done now discussing this with you." - Anastacia

Translation: You have no way to refute the scriptures I have provided.
The Bible is powerful stuff in the face of those who do not know it.