The Baptism With The Holy Spirit (A Scriptural Study)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The only scripture I have left on this one is "Don't cast your pearls before swine." There is no use trying to teach people who are bound up in dead religon. They do not have ears to hear or eyes to see.

They are bound up in their white washed tombs which are full of dead men's bones. :)

Totally clueless.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
The only scripture I have left on this one is "Don't cast your pearls before swine." There is no use trying to teach people who are bound up in dead religon. They do not have ears to hear or eyes to see.

They are bound up in their white washed tombs which are full of dead men's bones. :)

Totally clueless.

You did not just talk against a doctrine that I believe.....you damned me completely with the unbelievers. My religion is the religion the Bible says to have....that is to take care of my family and my brother and sister in need. And give to the poor. How is that dead? You should be more careful how you judge.

Jun 9, 2010
"You tongue twisters are all the same. At all costs, you will ignore the fact that the Bible [manuscripts] to do not support your religion. There is no such thing as 'spriritual gifts', 'manifestations' given by the Holy Spirit, and 'unknown tongues' in the Bible manuscripts. There is no way that your religion can be deemed viable without these items being considered true. Since all three do not exist in the Word of God, your religion is a farce." - Watchman

-- Watchman, it is alright that you are wrong. But it is not alright that you are this rude and insulting. Even pretending you are right that is not a very Christian response.

I shudder to think of how you speak to non-Christians.

Well, you tongue twisters are not Christians. Your religion is a farce, as I have already proven so many times. So, you already know how I speak to non-Christians.

Enjoy your trip!

Jun 9, 2010
"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." - 1 Cor 14:1-2"

-- And when, pray tell, did this message from Paul become null and void? Please be specific.

Paul did not say 'spiritual gifts'. End of story!

"Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away." - 1 Cor 13:8

-- And when - specifically please - did they "pass" and "cease?"

Tongues is not the 'gibberish' that you tongue twisters practice. There is no such thing as 'unknown tongues' in the Word of God.

"And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;"
- Mark 16:17

If one speaks in Christ's name, one will speak the language of the Word of God -- never the gibberish that you tongue twisters utter.

"Your religion is a farce!" - Watchman
"Since Rapturists, who hold true to form, will reject Christ and will worship Satan in the endtime" - Watchman
"Certainly, the first resurrection is out of the question for endtime Rapturists, as they have taken the Mark of the Beast." - Watchman
"Then, you have the audacity to claim your religion is 'Christian'. Since your religion is not of Christ, the default position is that it is of Satan. So, spare me your ignorant comments on 'reasoning'. My reasoning here is flawless." - Watchman
"On the other hand, your religion is Satanic." - Watchman
"Frankly, since this is the 'General Christian Forum, I don't understand why you tongue twisters are allowed to post here. After all, you are not Christian" - Watchman
"You see, all tongue twisters are thumb-sucking babies in that they think they are so special" - Watchman
"Likewise, there is no compromise with Satan's church. You tongue twisters represent the great endtime apostasy" - Watchman
"As far as my will is concerned, you tongue twisters can all be on your merry way to hell -- leaves more blessings for we Christians. I certainly know that your religion is of Satan;" - Watchman

The truth is wonderful!! It sets one free. Aren't you tired of defending lies??

Pro 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Clearly, you are a scorner!

Totally clueless.

If I am so clueless, just show me where in the Bible manuscripts there are such matters as "spiritual gifts", "manifestations given by the Holy Spirit", and "unknown tongues". Your religion, in order to be considered as 'Christian', needs to be based upon scripture. Since your religion is not based upon scripture, your religion is not 'Christian'.

I, for one, am happy to be considered clueless about Satan's tongue twisting religion.

And, yes, one should not cast pearls of Gods wisdom before you swine. However, that is reserved for Christians trying to teach the Word of God to you non-Christians. You all ignore the Word when it interferes with your seducing spiritual connection with Satan.

You are worse than the Muslims -- at least the Muslims are forthright in their hatred of Christianity. You tongue twisters are pretending to be Christians in deceit when, in fact, you have already taken the mark of the beast and do Satan's bidding.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You did not just talk against a doctrine that I believe.....you damned me completely with the unbelievers. My religion is the religion the Bible says to have....that is to take care of my family and my brother and sisters in need. And give to the poor. How is that dead? You should be more careful how you judge.

-- That is the exact same doctrine that I believe, yet you have no problem with Watchman damning me completely with the unbelievers. Instead of saying what he says is wrong, you just call ME rude.
I am no more rude than you are on this thread.

"Tongues were probably stilled some time after the laying of the foundation." - Anastacia

-- Probably? Is that like giving someone a "definite maybe?"

"Don't say Paul's message is null and void." - Anastacia

-- The scripture says, "Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away." - 1 Cor 13:8
You are the one claiming those activities have already "passed" and "ceased." I am simply asking when this happened specifically.
And perhaps you can do better than "probably" in your answer.

"And so far, it seems you are only answering my questions with questions. This alone though is very telling. Maybe you are coming to understand?" - Anastacia

-- Yes, I am beginning to understand that you cannot answer these questions with something better than "probably."
You claim it is true - I am simply asking for proof. You say you provided scripture, but the scripture you provide does not support your statements.
That is why I am asking for specifics.
When I provider a scripture like this: "Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." - 1 Cor 14:1-2"
...you simply respond that speaking in tongues no longer happens and you leave it at that.
And even though it states: "anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God"...you insist that it isn't prayer...even when it says "does not speak to men but to God." What is praying but speaking with God?

"I've read that the nowadays speaking in tongue didn't start until a couple hundred years ago." - Anastacia

-- Ah, you read that somewhere. Well that sure clears that up, doesn't it?

"Like I said before, the nowadays tongue speaking just about about some couple hudred years ago." - Anastacia

-- Yeah, so you said. Still waiting on some sort of proof. Other than your previous "I read somewhere...."

"Unless you can show me using scripture that demons cannot be cast out." - Anastacia

-- Again, the scripture was, ""And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;" - Mark 16:17
And again, according to you the "new tongues" portion has ceased. I am simply asking when. Because, in all the New Testament, I don't find Paul putting an ending date stamp on it.

"We are not talking about praying....we are talking about speaking in tongues." - Anastacia

-- Are you really that ill-informed?

"What in the world is "very sad?" You are the one that said you have people in your church who prophecy." - Anastasia

-- Okay, I will ask again: "Do you believe that God shares visions for specific people, groups, events, churches, etc?"

"Your relationship probably stagnated when you began to practice this falseness more routinely." - Anastacia

-- My relationship with Jesus is strong and flourishing. Apparently your definition of "stagnated" is different than the rest of the world.

"You are rude yourself." - Anastacia

-- Just want to be sure I have this correct.
Watchman says things like this:

"Your religion is a farce!" - Watchman
"Since Rapturists, who hold true to form, will reject Christ and will worship Satan in the endtime" - Watchman
"Certainly, the first resurrection is out of the question for endtime Rapturists, as they have taken the Mark of the Beast." - Watchman
"Then, you have the audacity to claim your religion is 'Christian'. Since your religion is not of Christ, the default position is that it is of Satan. So, spare me your ignorant comments on 'reasoning'. My reasoning here is flawless." -
Watchman
"On the other hand, your religion is Satanic." -
Watchman
"Frankly, since this is the 'General Christian Forum, I don't understand why you tongue twisters are allowed to post here. After all, you are not Christian" - Watchman
"You see, all tongue twisters are thumb-sucking babies in that they think they are so special" -
Watchman
"Likewise, there is no compromise with Satan's church. You tongue twisters represent the great endtime apostasy" -
Watchman
"As far as my will is concerned, you tongue twisters can all be on your merry way to hell -- leaves more blessings for we Christians. I certainly know that your religion is of Satan;" -
Watchman

...and there is not a single example of me saying anything like this to him or you...but you criticize me as being rude and have zero criticism for what he says.
Amazing LOL Absolutely amazing.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to Foreigner in pink.

-- That is the exact same doctrine that I believe, yet you have no problem with Watchman damning me completely with the unbelievers. Instead of saying what he says is wrong, you just call ME rude.
I am no more rude than you are on this thread.

You stick up for the horrible thing religusnut said to me, yet you think that I should of got in the middle of yours and Watchman writings to each other, postings that I have not even been closely following since I'm new?! Isn't that the definition of a hypocite? Telling someone they shouldn't do something, then doing that very thing.

"Tongues were probably stilled some time after the laying of the foundation." - Anastacia

-- Probably? Is that like giving someone a "definite maybe?"

I don't have to give you a definite. Paul said it, use some logic to figure out when it stopped. Speaking in tongues were for a sign to the Jews. The sign was given. Speaking in tongues were a gift of the Holy Spirit given during the laying of the foundation. The foundation is laid. Again, Paul said it would stop. Figure it out.

I guess you UNsupernatural speaking isn't a clue that you aren't speaking in tongues as those in the Bible? Hey, maybe that is when it stopped, when it no longer was happening.

"Don't say Paul's message is null and void." - Anastacia

-- The scripture says, "Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away." - 1 Cor 13:8
You are the one claiming those activities have already "passed" and "ceased." I am simply asking when this happened specifically.
And perhaps you can do better than "probably" in your answer.

Figure it out. You are not speaking supernaturally. What don't you get about that?

"And so far, it seems you are only answering my questions with questions. This alone though is very telling. Maybe you are coming to understand?" - Anastacia

-- Yes, I am beginning to understand that you cannot answer these questions with something better than "probably."
Look, Paul said it would stop. Period. How can I say anything more than "probably" at the time the temple was destroyed? Maybe your false prophets in your church can claim things that aren't in the Bible?

You claim it is true - I am simply asking for proof. You say you provided scripture, but the scripture you provide does not support your statements.
That is why I am asking for specifics.
When I provider a scripture like this: "Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit." - 1 Cor 14:1-2"
...you simply respond that speaking in tongues no longer happens and you leave it at that.
And even though it states: "anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God"...you insist that it isn't prayer...even when it says "does not speak to men but to God." What is praying but speaking with God?
I understand..... You don't want to see the truth because you will have to give up your false beliefs and think more about what you say to God. You will also have to give up what you believe with your family and friends believe, and find another church to go to.

"I've read that the nowadays speaking in tongue didn't start until a couple hundred years ago." - Anastacia

-- Ah, you read that somewhere. Well that sure clears that up, doesn't it?

You don't listen to the Word of God, so why would I do the research for you about when your kind of tongue speaking started? That's too much work for someone that will deny it anyway.

"Like I said before, the nowadays tongue speaking just about about some couple hudred years ago." - Anastacia

-- Yeah, so you said. Still waiting on some sort of proof. Other than your previous "I read somewhere...."

Do the research yourself. Though, I do think it might be informative. Maybe I will find information about it to share with everyone.

"Unless you can show me using scripture that demons cannot be cast out." - Anastacia

-- Again, the scripture was, ""And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;" - Mark 16:17
And again, according to you the "new tongues" portion has ceased. I am simply asking when. Because, in all the New Testament, I don't find Paul putting an ending date stamp on it.

"We are not talking about praying....we are talking about speaking in tongues." - Anastacia

-- Are you really that ill-informed?

Do I have to explain it to you again? Speaking in tongues were a sign to foreigner Jews who spoke in different earthly languages. When no foreigner Jews were around to hear and understand in their native tongue...then the speaker would still be able to speak in tongues, it would then be a prayer to God because no one was there to understand, they would be quiet and pray to themselves and God, with their inner voice. Paul said if there is no one was there to understand, then to be quiet.

I hope all those who are still confused read these passages from the Bible, and if you have ears to hear and eyes to see....I hope you can see and understand.

Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?

So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me. So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

For this reason the one who speaks in a tongue should pray that they may interpret what they say. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding. Otherwise when you are praising God in the Spirit, how can someone else, who is now put in the position of an inquirer,say “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since they do not know what you are saying? You are giving thanks well enough, but no one else is edified.

I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. In the Law it is written: “With other tongues
and through the lips of foreigners
I will speak to this people,
but even then they will not listen to me,
says the Lord.”

What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

"What in the world is "very sad?" You are the one that said you have people in your church who prophecy." - Anastasia

-- Okay, I will ask again: "Do you believe that God shares visions for specific people, groups, events, churches, etc?"

You still don't answer my question. Do you have prophets in your church who tell people things about God and Jesus that aren't in the Bible?

"

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"You stick up for the horrible thing religusnut said to me, yet you think that I should of got in the middle of yours and Watchman writings to each other." - Anastacia

-- How quickly they forget. You offered your opinion on my "rudeness' unprompted. A quick perusal of this thread will show there was never any "horrible thing" that religusnut said to you that I chimed in with in agreement. Try again.

"I don't have to give you a definite." - Anastacia

-- Hmmm...Claiming someone's beliefs are wrong, criticizing them for having those beliefs, but refusing to provide proof they are wrong.
Sounds more like you actually said, "I can't give you a definite."

"Figure it out. You are not speaking supernaturally. What don't you get about that?" - Anastacia

-- That you would actually think someone should believe you when their personal experience proves otherwise and you provide no proof whatsoever to negate it.
What don't you get about that?

"Look, Paul said it would stop. Period. How can I say anything more than "probably" at the time the temple was destroyed?

-- I agree. When you obviously have zero proof to support that position, what else can you say but "probably?"
Unfortuantely for you, making the claim without supporting it make it look like...well....you know.

"You don't listen to the Word of God, so why would I do the research for you about when your kind of tongue speaking started?" - Anastacia

-- Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it was you that made the claim in the first place.
Accusations along with an unwillingness to back them up. Am seeing a pattern here.

"Do the research yourself. Though, I do think it might be informative. Maybe I will find information about it and share with everyone." - Anastacia

-- Searching for and providing documentation to actually support your position? What a novel idea.

"You still don't answer my question. Do you have prophets in your church who tell people things about God and Jesus that aren't in the Bible?" - Anastacia

-- LOL Of course not. But there are people in the church who get words about the church, the community or a specific individual. This is made especially beautiful when you are able to watch these things come to fruition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away." - 1 Cor. 13: 8-10

GOD'S Word Interpretation says it even better:
"Our knowledge is incomplete and our ability to speak what God has revealed is incomplete. But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used." - 1 Cor 13: 9-10

-- Now, for those who say "the perfect" is when the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, that means that the Jews were only supposed to speak in tongues and prophecy for roughly 15 years and no more. (The letters to the Corinthians were written in roughly 55 AD.)

Others say "the perfect" is when the Bible was actually completed, but there is nothing to support this theory.

Still others state the "the perfect" is the time when Jesus returns, we are with Him, and there is no need for communicating this way via the Holy Spirit because you will be with Him.

If I were you Anastacia, I would start my search right there.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
"You stick up for the horrible thing religusnut said to me, yet you think that I should of got in the middle of yours and Watchman writings to each other." - Anastacia

-- How quickly they forget. You offered your opinion on my "rudeness' unprompted. A quick perusal of this thread will show there was never any "horrible thing" that religusnut said to you that I chimed in with in agreement. Try again.

Look, you were rude to me. That makes it prompted. Now I'm not going to go back track and find out exactly what you said and when, especially since we have the option to edit. Now, everyone can see how you are talking to me now....that is proof enough. Move on please.

"I don't have to give you a definite." - Anastacia

-- Hmmm...Claiming someone's beliefs are wrong, criticizing them for having those beliefs, but refusing to provide proof they are wrong.
Sounds more like you actually said, "I can't give you a definite."

I don't have to give you a definite time because the Bible doesn't. Do you understand that? The clue you are not speaking in tongues is because it is not supernatural. There was a time I spoke in tongues and even interpreted what I said. I was taught how, it was not supernatural. So stop talking about your experience....I've had it too. Is the sign given to the Jews? Yes it is. Is the foundation laid? Yes it is. Stick with the scriptures. Paul said it would stop. And it did stop.
Is the Bible finished? Yes it is. When was it completely finished. Figure it out. It is finished. Where in the Bible does it say it's finished? You see, the type of questions you are asking isn't right.

"Figure it out. You are not speaking supernaturally. What don't you get about that?" - Anastacia

-- That you would actually think someone should believe you when their personal experience proves otherwise and you provide no proof whatsoever to negate it.
What don't you get about that?

"Look, Paul said it would stop. Period. How can I say anything more than "probably" at the time the temple was destroyed?

-- I agree. When you obviously have zero proof to support that position, what else can you say but "probably?"
Unfortuantely for you, making the claim without supporting it make it look like...well....you know.

I don't care what you think of me. You probably wouldn't like me even if I was speaking gibberish right along with you.

"You don't listen to the Word of God, so why would I do the research for you about when your kind of tongue speaking started?" - Anastacia

-- Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it was you that made the claim in the first place.
Accusations along with an unwillingness to back them up. Am seeing a pattern here.

You are just trying to be snide.

"Do the research yourself. Though, I do think it might be informative. Maybe I will find information about it and share with everyone." - Anastacia

-- Searching for and providing documentation to actually support your position? What a novel idea.

More useless snideness. I would like to show how your speaking in tongues came about only a couple of hundred years ago, long time after it stopped. Also would like to show how other religions practice the same gibberish.

"You still don't answer my question. Do you have prophets in your church who tell people things about God and Jesus that aren't in the Bible?" - Anastacia

-- LOL Of course not. But there are people in the church who get words about the church, the community or a specific individual. This is made especially beautiful when you are able to watch these things come to fruition.

Of course not? I thought you said there were people who prophecise in your church? Oh, so prophecies did cease, just like the Bible says they would.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away." - 1 Cor. 13: 8-10

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. Corinthians 13:9-10
That is more about when that which was prophesized about comes to happen!

GOD'S Word Interpretation says it even better:
"Our knowledge is incomplete and our ability to speak what God has revealed is incomplete. But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used." - 1 Cor 13: 9-10

-- Now, for those who say "the perfect" is when the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, that means that the Jews were only supposed to speak in tongues and prophecy for roughly 15 years and no more. (The letters to the Corinthians were written in roughly 55 AD.)

Others say "the perfect" is when the Bible was actually completed, but there is nothing to support this theory.

Still others state the "the perfect" is the time when Jesus returns, we are with Him, and there is no need for communicating this way via the Holy Spirit because you will be with Him.

If I were you Anastacia, I would start my search right there.