The Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the Lord, the Bible becomes another adventure with Him, as you allow Him to reveal Truth and Wisdom etc. all the way throughout it.
GINOLJC, to all. great topic. and speaking on what you just said, and here, "The Bible is undoubtedly filled with treasures". the treasures, the bible, is for us to "learn him" so that we can have great fellowship with him. and to do that, as one poster pointed out, is to study to show thyself approved unto God. agreed not to learn on your own, because we're not to lean unto our OWN understanding, but let the bible/his treasures be revealed unto us. see, studying tells God that you're interested in HIM, by this, his treasures/bible is open unto us. as children we're learning, some....... never able to come to the truth. but we all learn at different levels. to me the bible is exciting, because I'm learning all the time. example, knowing that the gentiles are to be brought in, a good example is found in Act chapter 10, not the conversion of capt. Cornelius, but the revealing of the thruth in God. why do I say this, because capt. Cornelius was already written in the book of life by God contain in his OT prophet writing according to Malachi. listen, Acts 10:1-4 "There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God". a memorial before God? yes, Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name".

here, the Hebrew word for remembrance is,
H2146 זִכרוֹן zikrown (zik-rone') n-m.
a memento (or memorable thing, day or writing).
[from H2142]
KJV: memorial, record.
the KJV can translate this word remembrance as "memorial". and this is what the angel said to capt. Cornelius. Acts 10:4 "And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God".

see, studying God word reveals unto me, be devout unto God, the Lord Jesus. for he have written a book so that the records cannot be tamper with, or on hear say. and also what he have said in the very next verse of, Malachi 3:17 "And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him".

be blessed.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
see, studying God word reveals unto me, be devout unto God, the Lord Jesus. for he have written a book so that the records cannot be tamper with
It didn't really do The Hebrews much good having their very precise written record, they too studied daily but managed to get God pretty much all wrong...Thankfully when Jesus came, He told them that He and the Father is one and that He only did what the Father showed Him or told Him to do, and He tried to show them how they had misunderstood the Law even....
I love my Bible, how could I not, it contains words about the One that loves us, and whom we also Love....
It should however bring us to the knowing of Christ in the power of His resurrection, the having of a relationship with the Living Christ..
May I ask you? What do you think makes Christians so very resistant to that prospect ? It is as if Christians will take everything except Jesus as reality......to this day it confuses me so very much..
Thanks for your post and be blessed in Him always.........Pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't really do The Hebrews much good having their very precise written record, they too studied daily but managed to get God pretty much all wrong...Thankfully when Jesus came, He told them that He and the Father is one and that He only did what the Father showed Him or told Him to do, and He tried to show them how they had misunderstood the Law even....
I love my Bible, how could I not, it contains words about the One that loves us, and whom we also Love....
It should however bring us to the knowing of Christ in the power of His resurrection, the having of a relationship with the Living Christ..
May I ask you? What do you think makes Christians so very resistant to that prospect ? It is as if Christians will take everything except Jesus as reality......to this day it confuses me so very much..
Thanks for your post and be blessed in Him always.........Pia
GINOLJC. Pia, I'm not speaking of a written words in ink and wood, Ohhhh NO, the record is written in the heart, the Spirit. understand Pia, the LIVING WORD is the the Lord Jesus, who is the RECORD, that's why he is the witness. witness mean "RECORD".

yes, one must have a "relationship with the Living Christ". every christian will have their cousin Thomas moment to believe, as well as their having a damascus road experience. we, who have an experience with the The Lord Jesus, knows he is real. especially when he is reveal to us. but listen, we must have patience with one another. as the apostle Peter said add to our faith, and one of the things to add is "patience", see 2 Peter 1:6. but here is the verse to your question, John 6:44 "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day". this scriptures says it all.

be blessed

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't really do The Hebrews much good having their very precise written record, they too studied daily but managed to get God pretty much all wrong...

But God made them a promise:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jerem 31:31-33

Here Peter speaks of the impossibility of performing the laws given to Moses flawlessly and put them [the children of Israel] into the new covenant along with the gentiles set into place by the sacrifice of Jesus:

"And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:8-10

Reactions: 101G and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@101G
Hey, thanks that was a good post...I am glad you corrected me on that, I had misunderstood you...
A witness however is more than just a record...The word witness can mean 'martyr' as an example, but mostly it is a 'legal; term. One cannot speak forth as a witness, if one has not witnessed, the 'thing' one is speaking for or against........That becomes 'hearsay' instead, which seems to me to be the biggest problem the church has....
A whole cloud of witnesses, but many without water ( so without any substance ), as the Bible also states....
Jesus spoke of making His disciples His witnesses, which He did, and they were to go and help others to become witnesses for Jesus also, through the receiving of the Holy Spirit..
Anyway, whichever way, God will use those who are willing, and He knows ahead of time, who that will be...
Praise our wonderful Father !

Reactions: 101G

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Absolutely ! My point was just that written things are up for interpretation, as we see the people doing with both O.T. and N.T, and again as it rightly puts it here, it is by the witness of the Holy Spirit, which aids our faith, that we are purified, not by just reading everything written...
Bless Him forever more....:)

Reactions: amadeus