The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the Davidic kingdom.
In the Davidic kingdom, starting with Solomon it was the mother of the king who was the Queen [Mother]

We see this first established by Solomon when he greets Bathsheba who comes to ask a favour. He pays her homage and sits her on a throne at his right hand (a position of honour) (1Kg 2:19)

After Solomon the kingdom splits into the Northern kingdom (Israel) and the Southern kingdom (Judah). After this there were 20 kings in Israel before the deportation to Assyria. For none of these is the mother of the king mentioned.

There were 19 kings in Judah after Solomon before they were deported to Babylon. In 17 of these the king’s mother is given, usually after introducing the king, with the words “his mother’s name was ……”. This in itself shows that the king’s mother was a significant figure.

The mother of the king was referred to as the queen mother (1Kg15:13 (& 2Chr 15:16), 2Kg 10:13, Jer 13:18, Jer 29:2.). Note the Hebrew is gebirah – queen. The KJV just says queen but more modern translations say queen mother as she is the mother of the king.
Yet God has no mother

Jesus created the heavens and the earth, I effect. He created Mary,

You can believe what you want my friend. But it does not make sense.

Reactions: Pearl

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
[QUOTE
rstrats said: "Mary is the advocate of Christians...Christ honors his mother, and never refuses her prayers..."
[/QUOTE]

Actually, theefaith said that

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bathseba was King David's wife so therefore she would have been his queen and after David's death perhaps she was still called 'queen' - like Elizabeth the Queen Mother. But she was only ever a queen consort never a queen in her own right - like Victoria, Anne or Beatrix of Holland.

That depends on what you mean by a queen consort. The role of Queen Mother was more than an honory title. It was an office and she had authority, only under the king of course.

“He also removed Maacah his mother from being queen mother because she had an abominable image made for Asherah” (1Kg 15:13). This shows it was a position in the kingdom.

The Queen Mother had authority.
Firstly she sat on the right of the king which is the position of authority.
But then there is one particularly interesting woman Athalia, who was the mother of Ahazier the sixth king of Judah. After her son was killed, she killed all the royal family (except one baby who was hidden from her) and assumed power in her own right. She ruled as Queen for six years until she was killed and her grandson Joash installed as king at the age of seven. She would not have been able to do that if she was not in a recognised position of authority to start with.

We can also see the important position of the queen mother in Jeremiah 13:18-20
“Say to the king and the queen mother: ‘Take a lowly seat, for your beautiful crown has come down from your head. The cities of the Negeb are shut up, with none to open them; all Judah is taken into exile, wholly taken into exile. "Lift up your eyes and see those who come from the north. Where is the flock that was given you, your beautiful flock?’

Three points to note here.
Firstly Jeremiah is told to address both the king and queen mother. They are both to be punished by God.

Secondly both the king and queen mother are to come down from their thrones and to lose their crowns. They are both royalty in the kingdom.

Thirdly God says to them: “Where is the flock that was given you, your beautiful flock?”
They are both responsible for the flock, the sheep – i.e. the people that God entrusted to them. God had given the queen mother responsibilities for the people, not just the king. That does not mean that the queen mother was equal in authority to the king. The authority she had was derived from and under the king. She was still subject to him.

Jesus is the true Davidic king with an eternal kingdom. That kingdom is based in Heaven.
“Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom does not belong to this world.’” (Jn 18:36)

“Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its rider was (called) “Faithful and True.” He judges and wages war in righteousness…….. He has a name written on his cloak and on his thigh, “King of kings and Lord of lords.” (Rev 19:11-16)

Mary is the mother of Jesus As the mother of the King of Heaven, Mary has the right to the title Queen of Heaven.

As such she has some responsibility for the flock.

(To be continued)

Reactions: Philip James

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That depends on what you mean by a queen consort.
Prince Philip was the consort to Elizabeth 2nd. Prince Albert was Queen Victoria's consort. Elizabeth of Glamis was King George 6th consort - hence queen consort and Camilla will be Charles's queen consort when he becomes king.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is God
Mary is the mother of Jesus
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.
So if she is his mother how can she be his queen as well? It just doesn't make any sense. She was an ordinary woman from an ordinary background whom God chose for an extraordinary purpose. And for that I honour her but I don't worship her or pray to her. Jesus is my main focus not his mother. But all Catholics seem to revere Mary more than her son.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary Queen of Heaven continued from post #751

We also read in Revelation:
"A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars." (Rev 12:1).

This can taken to be a reference to Mary – “and she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron” (Rev 12:5), which is Jesus. She has on her head a crown – as do queens.

Psalm 45
Psalm 45 is a prophecy of the Messiah’s reign and is addressed to the king and line 9 says: at you right hand stands the queen in gold of Ophir. We have seen that in the Davidic kingdom the queen sits, or stands, at the king’s right hand (1Kg 2:19).

[Also in Rev 21:1 the woman is clothed with the sun (i.e golden coloured) just as the queen here is clothed in gold of Ophir.]

There is another interesting line a little later, verse 17:
I will cause your name to be celebrated in all generations; therefore the peoples will praise you for ever and ever.
Compare that to Lk 1:48 when Mary said: For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed

Elizabeth
Finally there is a hint of Mary being the gebirah in Lk 1:43 when Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit exclaims “And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?” Elizabeth has recognised that the child in Mary’s womb is God, the promised Messiah, the Son of David and that Mary is therefore the gebirah. She is astonished that such an important person should come to her.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bathseba was King David's wife so therefore she would have been his queen and after David's death perhaps she was still called 'queen' - like Elizabeth the Queen Mother. But she was only ever a queen consort never a queen in her own right - like Victoria, Anne or Beatrix of Holland.
Yes, and then Bathsheba after being honorably greeted as the king's mother as @Mungo correctly showed, was rebuked by Solomon [along with his brother, Adonijah] for asking of him what she asked.

"And king Solomon answered and said unto his mother, And why dost thou ask Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? ask for him the kingdom also; for he is mine elder brother; even for him, and for Abiathar the priest, and for Joab the son of Zeruiah.
Then king Solomon sware by the LORD, saying, God do so to me, and more also, if Adonijah have not spoken this word against his own life." I Kings 2:22-23

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So if she is his mother how can she be his queen as well? It just doesn't make any sense. She was an ordinary woman from an ordinary background whom God chose for an extraordinary purpose. And for that I honour her but I don't worship her or pray to her. Jesus is my main focus not his mother. But all Catholics seem to revere Mary more than her son.

She is queen because she is his mother - the Queen Mother in the Davidic kingdom.
No I don't worship he either.
Catholics don't revere Mary more than her son. That is ridiculous.
It seems to me that it is Protestants , at least on Christian forums, that get obsessed by Mary but in a rather negative way.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

LOL - your claim is false. I did not say that.

LOL - So? You said Mary was the New Ark.
Now you say I mentioned "light".
I did not say that.

Nice try...deflection and false accusations.
Argue with you...? LOL
Precisely the type of typical, nervous response I expected from you.
"LOL's" and emojis - with ZERO substance.

As for your deflective stat3ement in RED - THIS is what you said back in post #721:
"it is what is "IN" the Ark, the Womb...that IS the Highlight and WAY to Salvation."

I couldn't agree more,
Congratulations for finally realizing that Mary is the fulfillment of the Ark.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely the type of typical, nervous response I expected from you.
"LOL's" and emojis - with ZERO substance.

LOL :D

As for your deflective stat3ement in RED - THIS is what you said back in post #721:
"it is what is "IN" the Ark, the Womb...that IS the Highlight and WAY to Salvation."

I couldn't agree more,
Congratulations for finally realizing that Mary is the fulfillment of the Ark.

You obviously do not recognize I do not agree with you.
Mary is never called an Ark.
Mary along with others exampled in Scripture are noted for Why they were chosen (as are all of the Lords servants) for a particular Service unto the Lord.

Jesus is never called an Ark.
Fulfillment is Effected by Gods Works, not mans.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary will judge those who did pray unto her , as will peter , paul , james , jude and others .
While in their life upon this earth , they always pointed to JESUS . Never desiring men to worship them , nor pray to them .
Pray TO GOD in JESUS name , for all else is blasphemy . All else is but the winds of blasphemy , churning and a turning
the souls of men into the darkest of creatures . The dragon has always desired the worship . Marvel not
that his men, therefore came into the churches and taught us to pray to saints , to mary , to angels .
Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humiliating worship of angels or of men , or of women .
Worship GOD in and by JESUS . Or the end shall be the lake of fire .

Reactions: Marvelloustime