The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not if the Catholic faith is that of Jesus for the common salvation of Jude 3: Jesus is Lord and Saviour, the begotten Son of the Father, and by Him only can any come to the Father. Not by Him and His 'Mother' Mary.

It was only when the Pontifex Maximus and the 'Pope' of Rome set about intermingling 'sacred' traditions' of old Roman Vesta with Christian faith in Christ, that the confusing paganism entered into official Christian religion.

They did so when Theodosius declared Christianity to be the Imperial religion. Up to that time since Constantine, they had been cohabiting of sorts and tolerating one another in Rome.

The Christian 'religion' finally won out, and so the Pope took over all state religion, but plainly did not leave behind the Pontifex Maximus and old Roman Vesta with Her 'Sacred fire'.

The 'Sacred traditions' thus began to piggy-back Christianity and intermix with Scripture of Christ.

It's a supreme example of not allowing the defeated enemy to be utterly done away with. The children of Israel did the same in the Promised land, and so defiled themselves with the pagans of the land, by not utterly destroying them as the Lord commanded.

Protestantism therefore is simply a protest of Christians against the assimilation of Roman paganism into the Common faith of Christ.

Catholics worshipping Christ in the Catholic church are Christians worshipping the same Christ in the churches of Christ.

Catholics who hold to 'sacred traditions' of Vest-Mary alongside and equal to Christ of Scripture, are doubleminded in the faith, being influenced by an old paganism they know not of.
Opponents of the Church often attempt to discredit Catholicism by attempting to show similarities between it and the beliefs or practices of ancient paganism. This fallacy is frequently committed by Fundamentalists against Catholics, by Seventh-day Adventists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, and others against both Protestants and Catholics, and by atheists and skeptics against both Christians and Jews...

...The pagan influence fallacy has not gone away in the twentieth century, but newer archaeology and more mature scholarship have diminished its influence. Yet there are still many committing it. In Protestant circles, numerous works have continued to popularize the claims of Alexander Hislop, most notably the comic books of Jack Chick and the book Babylon Mystery Religion by the young Ralph Woodrow (later Woodrow realized its flaws and wrote The Babylon Connection? repudiating it and refuting Hislop). Other Christian and quasi-Christian sects have continued to charge mainstream Christianity with paganism, and many atheists have continued to repeat—unquestioned—the charges of paganism leveled by their forebears.

Whenever one encounters a proposed example of pagan influence, one should demand that its existence be properly documented, not just asserted. The danger of accepting an inaccurate claim is too great. The amount of misinformation in this area is great enough that it is advisable never to accept a reported parallel as true unless it can be demonstrated from primary source documents or through reliable, scholarly secondary sources. @robert derrick never does this.

Is Catholicism Pagan?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm....You said Some people are Content to be TOLD “WHAT” to “BELIEVE”, without ever discovering “WHY”......Clearly you don't allow yourself to be told WHAT TO BELIEVE... soooooo that means you tell yourself what to believe.
Sooooooo<—- GAG!
I am not limited to your lack of understanding.

I expressly Chose to Believe the Lord God.
His Word God revealed.
My Choice to Believe.
Period!

Soooooo I'm not speaking for you. I am only summarizing what you have clearly stated.

False. “YOU” decided what, “you think I mean”, and I have on numerous occasions said, I Choose to Believe Gods Word.

I don't know why you just can't come out and say that you read Scripture and interpret it for yourself.

Because that is a LIE. I have on numerous occasions SAID, It is the Lord God HIMSELF that reveals HIS “interpretation”....ie HIS “UNDERSTANDING” OF HIS KNOWLEDGE...ie “HIS WORD” !!!

Don’t you Read and Study Scripture, to know these VERY BASIC Principles?

You don't accept other peoples interpretation. YOU decide what YOU are going to believe YOU do not accept anyone elses interpretation of Scripture......Just admit it kiddo!

LOL Not NEWS! I don’t accept other “peoples” interpretations.

What you apparently have NOT learned IS;
“PEOPLE” were not given “authority” to interpret Scripture....DUH!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Lord God HIMSELF that reveals HIS “interpretation”...................To Taken o_O

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not if the Catholic faith is that of Jesus for the common salvation of Jude 3: Jesus is Lord and Saviour, the begotten Son of the Father, and by Him only can any come to the Father. Not by Him and His 'Mother' Mary.

It was only when the Pontifex Maximus and the 'Pope' of Rome set about intermingling 'sacred' traditions' of old Roman Vesta with Christian faith in Christ, that the confusing paganism entered into official Christian religion.

They did so when Theodosius declared Christianity to be the Imperial religion. Up to that time since Constantine, they had been cohabiting of sorts and tolerating one another in Rome.

The Christian 'religion' finally won out, and so the Pope took over all state religion, but plainly did not leave behind the Pontifex Maximus and old Roman Vesta with Her 'Sacred fire'.

The 'Sacred traditions' thus began to piggy-back Christianity and intermix with Scripture of Christ.

It's a supreme example of not allowing the defeated enemy to be utterly done away with. The children of Israel did the same in the Promised land, and so defiled themselves with the pagans of the land, by not utterly destroying them as the Lord commanded.

Protestantism therefore is simply a protest of Christians against the assimilation of Roman paganism into the Common faith of Christ.

Catholics worshipping Christ in the Catholic church are Christians worshipping the same Christ in the churches of Christ.

Catholics who hold to 'sacred traditions' of Vest-Mary alongside and equal to Christ of Scripture, are doubleminded in the faith, being influenced by an old paganism they know not of.

More lies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do those who claim Mother of God Jesus, also claim Mother of the Lord God Almighty? The Mother of God and the Father?

Since there is One God and Being equally in each, so that without One there is not the Other, then this Mother of God must be the Mother of God's Divine and all-powerful Being and Essence: Ousia.

The basic error of Mother of God heresy, other than being a hold over from old Roman Vesta, invested with Christian name, is that God has no 'mother'.

Mary gave birth to the body of Jesus, which was made of her flesh by the Spirit, even as Eve was made of the flesh of Adam. And yet Adam was not the father of Eve. God was the maker and Father of both. (Until the trasngression)

The Father and the Son are the same in Being, Essence, Ousia. There is One everlasting Being, the Lord God Almighty, and there became two Persons equally of that Being, the Son Being on earth in the flesh of a body made of a woman, and the Father Being yet remaining in heaven on the throne.

The Doctrine of the 'Trinity' is simply Scripture truth of there is One God, One everlasting all-powerful Being, and now forever three Persons of that Being: The Father who sits on the throne everlasting, The Son who came down from the throne to dwell on earth to return now to sit on the right hand of the Father, and the Spirit who also came down on earth to prepare a body for the Son and to be with Him while yet in the flesh on earth, in the heart of the earth, a nd now ascended to be once again in heaven.

And so, to say there is a 'Mother' of God is not just a simple carnal minded effort to acknowledge Jesus as God, and so Mary His 'mother' must be Mother of God.

Mary was mother to the body of Jesus, not Mother to the Being of God in that body.

To say therefore, there is the Mother of God Jesus, is really saying there is Mother of the Lord God Almighty, God and the Father, Mother of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Any Mary idolaters want to say that? If so, then they must openly reject the man Jesus Christ as the Being of the Almighty God and the Father, in the flesh only earth, and now in resurrected body in heaven.

If there is Mother of the Son, then it must be Mother of the Father and of the Holy Ghost, because there is One Being of Almighty God equally in each, so that a Mother of the Son and not of the Father is the Mother of a false christ, not Being of the same God Almighty Essence as the Father.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God alone searches the heart. Are there some catholics who are saved - barely, YES.

The catholic faith is heresy as it violates the Sabbath Rest of God.

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

The LORD Jesus Christ confirmed this as well.

Just so you understand what the LORD is saying here to us TODAY = i work on both Satuday and Sunday.

Now, i will let you dwell on this and see if you can find His validation of this in the Gospel.

Christians are not Jews.
The Sabbath was for Jews as part (the sign) of their Covenant with God.
We Christians are in the New Covenant.

Paul condemned those who went back under the Jewish Law.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do those who claim Mother of God Jesus, also claim Mother of the Lord God Almighty? The Mother of God and the Father?

Since there is One God and Being equally in each, so that without One there is not the Other, then this Mother of God must be the Mother of God's Divine and all-powerful Being and Essence: Ousia.

The basic error of Mother of God heresy, other than being a hold over from old Roman Vesta, invested with Christian name, is that God has no 'mother'.

Mary gave birth to the body of Jesus, which was made of her flesh by the Spirit, even as Eve was made of the flesh of Adam. And yet Adam was not the father of Eve. God was the maker and Father of both. (Until the trasngression)

The Father and the Son are the same in Being, Essence, Ousia. There is One everlasting Being, the Lord God Almighty, and there became two Persons equally of that Being, the Son Being on earth in the flesh of a body made of a woman, and the Father Being yet remaining in heaven on the throne.

The Doctrine of the 'Trinity' is simply Scripture truth of there is One God, One everlasting all-powerful Being, and now forever three Persons of that Being: The Father who sits on the throne everlasting, The Son who came down from the throne to dwell on earth to return now to sit on the right hand of the Father, and the Spirit who also came down on earth to prepare a body for the Son and to be with Him while yet in the flesh on earth, in the heart of the earth, a nd now ascended to be once again in heaven.

And so, to say there is a 'Mother' of God is not just a simple carnal minded effort to acknowledge Jesus as God, and so Mary His 'mother' must be Mother of God.

Mary was mother to the body of Jesus, not Mother to the Being of God in that body.

To say therefore, there is the Mother of God Jesus, is really saying there is Mother of the Lord God Almighty, God and the Father, Mother of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Any Mary idolaters want to say that? If so, then they must openly reject the man Jesus Christ as the Being of the Almighty God and the Father, in the flesh only earth, and now in resurrected body in heaven.

If there is Mother of the Son, then it must be Mother of the Father and of the Holy Ghost, because there is One Being of Almighty God equally in each, so that a Mother of the Son and not of the Father is the Mother of a false christ, not Being of the same God Almighty Essence as the Father.
More lies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God alone searches the heart. Are there some catholics who are saved - barely, YES.

The catholic faith is heresy as it violates the Sabbath Rest of God.

For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD.
Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

The LORD Jesus Christ confirmed this as well.

Just so you understand what the LORD is saying here to us TODAY = i work on both Satuday and Sunday.

Now, i will let you dwell on this and see if you can find His validation of this in the Gospel.

The sabbath is of the old creation
Christians are a new creation in Christ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree. And Expressly taught in Scripture.

Mary gave birth to the body of Jesus,

Agree. And Expressly taught in Scripture.

which was made of her flesh by the Spirit...

Disagree. Consider...
Flesh, yes. Her flesh??

Heb 10
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast Thou prepar-ed me:

John 1:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 5:
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me....

John 8:
[23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:
[42] Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please , and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

* Gods WORD came forth out of Gods mouth, IN a Body God Prepared and was SENT FORTH INTO this world, BY the POWER of God (HS) to a thing, called Mary’s Virgin Womb.

* The BODY prepar-ed, sent from Heaven TO Earth, is the SAME BODY that “RETURNED” from whence it came.

* Mary’s flesh virgin womb, DELIVERED forth, WHAT the Power of God, SENT to her virgin womb.....
WHICH...according to Jewish Law, MADE JESUS, a LAWFUL Jew.
WHICH...according to Gentile Laws, MADE JESUS, a LAWFUL Son of Joseph..
....Joseph being a direct descendant of king David of the House of David.
WHICH...according to Jewish Law, MADE Jesus, a direct descendant OF king David, ie the House of David AND...a LAWFUL Heir TO:
....king David’s ever lasting Throne (God established...1 Sam 7:13) and;
....Abraham’s Promised Land
Ie...Jesus’ future millennial earthly Kingdom.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does the Bible say so?

Eph 6:
[18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Men IN Christ are taught TO pray FOR other men in CHIRST who are called “saints”. They ARE flesh living body’s in a world fallen in Corruption.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is without sin by grace

Hogwash.
Mary was Never “WITHOUT” sin.
Every Earthly person, WHO accepts Jesus’ Offering to become SAVED and BORN again....
RECEIVES...God Forgiveness...BECAUSE OF GODS GRACE!

THEY....SHALL BE “raised up” in a glorified body ... without sin.
MEANTIME...Saved and born again men...”Bodily alive or Bodily Dead”...
HAVE A BODY OF “FORGIVEN” SIN.
Mary’s body and bones are rotting and returning to dust, just like every other person’s body, who has been (saved and born again) bodily lived and died ON Earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 6:
[18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Men IN Christ are taught TO pray FOR other men in CHIRST who are called “saints”. They ARE flesh living body’s in a world fallen in Corruption.

mary obtains all she asks for cos God is her son and obeys his own commandments
Honor thy father and mother
Jn 2 my hour has not come
If it were anyone else asking he could not do the miracle

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash.
Mary was Never “WITHOUT” sin.
Every Earthly person, WHO accepts Jesus’ Offering to become SAVED and BORN again....
RECEIVES...God Forgiveness...BECAUSE OF GODS GRACE!

we are born again by baptism
Water And the spirit

THEY....SHALL BE “raised up” in a glorified body ... without sin.
MEANTIME...Saved and born again men...”Bodily alive or Bodily Dead”...
HAVE A BODY OF “FORGIVEN” SIN.
Mary’s body and bones are rotting and returning to dust, just like every other person’s body, who has been (saved and born again) bodily lived and died ON Earth.

forgiven yes but also preserved from future falls into sin

Mary was preserved

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct!
IFY your “wink” says much about you.
Hmmm....I always thought that o_O emoji meant your kind of crazy seeing how the ;) emoji is clearly a wink......Once again, you are wrong! :D

You think too highly of yourself if you truly believe that the Lord God HIMSELF reveals HIS “interpretation” to YOU o_O (remember, thats the crazy emoji)

None the less Taken....I appreciate the conversation. I hope you have a great day.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not Jews.
The Sabbath was for Jews as part (the sign) of their Covenant with God.
We Christians are in the New Covenant.

Paul condemned those who went back under the Jewish Law.

You have no idea of what i posted for you do not understand what Christ came for and what HE accomplished.