The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh YIPES! How misguided.

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Gods HOUSE IS a House of Prayer....
Gods HOUSE is never called a WOMB.
Do you go to Mary’s womb to pray? EEEK! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

to love Mary is to love salvation and life!

lk 1:30 found our salvation
Lk 2:30 mother of our salvation

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.) AMEN to your words here: "We enter into His rest by ceasing from our own works, and we are to labor to do so."

B.) Did you SEE my words here: "Just so you understand what the LORD is saying here to us TODAY = i work on both Saturday and Sunday."

C.) Can you find the Sabbath Rest Commandment that our LORD spoke in the Gospel of John chapters 1-3 ???

Know your ABC's
Thought you were defending a Sabbath law in Christ. My bad.

Reactions: David in NJ

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?
You were actually making a reasonable point demanding response, until you got into all the immaculately concepted ever virgin and mother garbage of Vesta.

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Now that deserves some sort of twisted reward. So, our spiritual mother needs us to take her home.

God fills His people with grace of salvation through faith in Jesus.

So, if Mary was saved by faith in God, which she was, then that made her born again, which refutes the whole immaculately concepted thing.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

If Mary was not born again, which she was, then she has yet to enter into the kingdom of God.

Being in need of being born again to enter the kingdom of God, she could not have been immaculately concepted.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?

Are you a sinner?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy is perverting the long standing Word of God.

Where and when, in Scripture, is the first heresy recorded???

Heretick “note spelling” is only mentioned once in Scripture.
Heresy is not mentioned in Scripture.

Heresy is rejecting, perverting ANY long standing belief, typically a “religious” belief.
Roman Catholics regularly (in old days and today), called men Heretic’s who rejected “their long standing beliefs”, they call Orthodox.

Agree...rejecting or perverting...the Word of God....(which was Established LONG before Catholics came on scene...) is heretical.

Titus 3:
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~ theefaith ~
YIPES...the utter lack of truth and understanding thereof.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heretick “note spelling” is only mentioned once in Scripture.
Heresy is not mentioned in Scripture.

Heresy is rejecting, perverting ANY long standing belief, typically a “religious” belief.
Roman Catholics regularly (in old days and today), called men Heretic’s who rejected “their long standing beliefs”, they call Orthodox.

Agree...rejecting or perverting...the Word of God....(which was Established LONG before Catholics came on scene...) is heretical.

Titus 3:
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

YES, and a desire of the Holy Spirit in us is to encourage one another and to sharpen our swords.

So i want to stir up your mind and heart to find in Scripture where the first heresy was recorded.
Clue #1 - do not look for the word 'heresy/heretic' or any type of synonym.

follow your statement of 'long standing' and do not overlook the obvious and simplicity of God's word.
Clue #2 - you can use the understanding of 'eternal' to replace or work with 'long standing'.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the Holy Spirit matters | Simply Catholic
Conflicted Mary, I think even others in the CC understand that the Holy Spirit trumps any man you have elevated to deity. Without the Holy Spirit, it will all be foolishness to you.
Lol...I'm not conflicted. Protestantism teaches that what you currently know may or may not be true. Protestantism teaches that no one church (denomination) or man knows the truth. Since you are Protestant you are conflicted since your beliefs (truths) can change on a whim. If YOU decide that a person has a better translation of Scripture then YOU have then you become conflicted.

I am confident that The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Are you?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the Holy Spirit matters | Simply Catholic
Conflicted Mary, I think even others in the CC understand that the Holy Spirit trumps any man you have elevated to deity. Without the Holy Spirit, it will all be foolishness to you.
It's weird that you link a website that shows no confliction in Catholic teaching and then suggest I am conflicted......that is just....WEIRD! Does your cult have a website or book or ANYTHING to document what it teaches?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pancakes are my favorite but waffles will do - just make sure yo don't waffle on the Word of God.

Bluster describes the RCC and all it's 'eye candy' to the lost and undiscerning.

Bluster is also recorded in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2.

Still no evidence.
Because you have none.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no evidence.
Because you have none.

Awe Shucks - and here IAM is telling me the TRUTH so that i can be saved......and HE told me to tell you to believe His word's in Gospel of John.

What are we to do???

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, and a desire of the Holy Spirit in us is to encourage one another and to sharpen our swords.

So i want to stir up your mind and heart to find in Scripture where the first heresy was recorded.
Clue #1 - do not look for the word 'heresy/heretic' or any type of synonym.

follow your statement of 'long standing' and do not overlook the obvious and simplicity of God's word.
Clue #2 - you can use the understanding of 'eternal' to replace or work with 'long standing'.

Are you trying to give me brain cramp? :p
Have stuff to do, will try to have a look later.

Glory to God,
Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to give me brain cramp? :p
Have stuff to do, will try to have a look later.

Glory to God,
Taken

Take your time Brother, i like brain teasers even though i miss most of them myself. More clues will be given - just ask - PEACE

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was born a son of God by grace. Full of grace and the Spirit of life as a living soul. Talked with God. Blessed above all mankind. Prophesied Scripture of marriage. Not a sinner, until He transgressed the commandment of God.

Adam was not immaculately concepted, nor was he father of God. Neither was he father of Eve, of whose flesh she was taken, even as the body of Jesus from that of Mary.

Not being a sinner does not make one mother of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

And if Mary went on to live a perfect life, she still would not be mother of God, since God Himself does not have a mother, who would then be another God over Himself.

And we know Mary did not live a perfect life after giving birth to the body of Jesus, because He rebuked her on several occasions, once for trying to push Him into doing something at the marriage of Cana, and then in trying to hinder Him from doing the good of them come to hear His Word:

Mariologists are willfully blind by the god of this world who has authored all pagan religion and false ideology.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

All them that obey Jesus and the Father are Jesus' mother, sister, and brother.

I.e. none of that relationship matters at all in Christ, nor in heaven.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does a woman made by God become the Mother of God?

Mary was a woman born of flesh, right?

Adam became a living soul by the Spirit of God, after being made of the dust of the earth. So, He was not God in the flesh, nor the father of God begotten by God.

The second Adam was the One God become flesh and made of a woman, begotten of God the Father.

So immaculate conception must be one of two things: either that of the first Adam without sin, of that of the second Adam begotten of God, and never transgressed.

If 'Mary' is as the first Adam, then Mary is not the Mother of God, being made by God.

If 'Mary' is as the second Adam, then Mary is God become flesh giving birth to God in the flesh.

The only immaculate conceptions after Adam are those being born again.

Mary as Mother of God is worshipping Mary as God.

Only God can beget God in the flesh.

Mariology is paganism 102: Old Roman Vesta rebranded as Christian 'Mary'.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Convert to Mother Mary.

My mothers name was Mary and she was a devout RCC prisoner - does that make me equal with Jesus???

i guess not as i came out last....................lol

But then, on the Brighter Side of Eternal Life - the last shall be First - AMEN

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mothers name was Mary and she was a devout RCC prisoner - does that make me equal with Jesus???

i guess not as i came out last....................lol

But then, on the Brighter Side of Eternal Life - the last shall be First - AMEN