The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics were told not to read the bible, until 1961.
That is when the rule changed.
Till then, they were ordered...."if you have questions, ask a PRIEST".

Most of them, to this day.....carry a bible, but they dont read it.
If they have a question, they ask another Catholic, or they ask their Priest.

I found this:
"Once the printing press was invented, the most commonly printed book was the Bible, but this still did not make Bible-reading a Catholic’s common practice. Up until the mid-twentieth Century, the custom of reading the Bible and interpreting it for oneself was a hallmark of the Protestant churches springing up in Europe after the Reformation. Protestants rejected the authority of the Pope and of the Church and showed it by saying people could read and interpret the Bible for themselves. Catholics meanwhile were discouraged from reading Scripture.

Identifying the reading and interpreting of the Bible as “Protestant” even affected the study of Scripture. Until the twentieth Century, it was only Protestants who actively embraced Scripture study. That changed after 1943 when Pope Pius XII issued the encyclical Divino Afflante Spiritu. This not only allowed Catholics to study Scripture, it encouraged them to do so. And with Catholics studying Scripture and teaching other Catholics about what they were studying, familiarity with Scripture grew."

Changes in Catholic Attitudes Toward Bible Readings | USCCB

So early 60s was when Mass no longer had to be in Latin, which was a good thing, because I'm sure practically no one knew what was going on except for the clergy.

Reactions: David in NJ

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this:
"Once the printing press was invented, the most commonly printed book was the Bible, but this still did not make Bible-reading a Catholic’s common practice. Up until the mid-twentieth Century, the custom of reading the Bible and interpreting it for oneself was a hallmark of the Protestant churches springing up in Europe after the Reformation. Protestants rejected the authority of the Pope and of the Church and showed it by saying people could read and interpret the Bible for themselves. Catholics meanwhile were discouraged from reading Scripture.

Identifying the reading and interpreting of the Bible as “Protestant” even affected the study of Scripture. Until the twentieth Century, it was only Protestants who actively embraced Scripture study. That changed after 1943 when Pope Pius XII issued the encyclical Divino Afflante Spiritu. This not only allowed Catholics to study Scripture, it encouraged them to do so. And with Catholics studying Scripture and teaching other Catholics about what they were studying, familiarity with Scripture grew."

Changes in Catholic Attitudes Toward Bible Readings | USCCB

So early 60s was when Mass no longer had to be in Latin, which was a good thing, because I'm sure practically no one knew what was going on except for the clergy.
This not only allowed Catholics to study Scripture, it encouraged them to do so.

Very gracious of him. So now, Catholics are 'allowed' to read the Bible and come up with the same doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Reactions: David in NJ

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you refer to “they” you mean scripture?

Matt 1:16-21
'They' being traditions sacred to men only.

It is also near blasphemous to rename Vesta as 'Mary'.

But since she is not God nor Mother of God, then it's simply a great insult to her name, which she doesn't care about anyway, since she has far better things to do in the presence of the Lord than to worry about the continued idolatry of people on earth.

Catholicism without Mary worship = Christianity.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know why believers in Jesus are so intent on falsely making Mary a 'perpetual' virgin on earth after she gave birth to Jesus? I know it is a false teaching and woefully vain worshipping, but my question is why?
For the Jews a sacred vessel should not be used for ordinary purposes.
The womb that contained God Himself
If a virgin conceived there ain't no following that.
I know I couldn't make use of the womb in which God incarnated.

Reactions: theefaith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'They' being traditions sacred to men only.

It is also near blasphemous to rename Vesta as 'Mary'.

But since she is not God nor Mother of God, then it's simply a great insult to her name, which she doesn't care about anyway, since she has far better things to do in the presence of the Lord than to worry about the continued idolatry of people on earth.

Catholicism without Mary worship = Christianity.

fyi the church condemns and forbids any worship except for God alone!

Worship requires intent

And the birth of our Saviour is one that Mary, herself, with her freewill, said "YES", and delivered salvation for all mankind. Lk 1:38

Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!
Lk 1:30

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

Praise honor veneration and devotion are not worship and redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 and Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

The Holy Spirit is “uncreated Advocate” and Mary is “created Advocate.” Advocacy for the Church is their common cause. Since Mary is full of grace and full of the Holy Spirit, her will, prayers, and advocacy mirror that of the Holy Spirit. (This does not make Her God)

Mary is depicted as the spouse of the Holy Spirit therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.” Lk 1:35

This is nuptial language hearkening back to Ruth 3:8, where Ruth said to Boaz “spread your skirt over me” when she revealed to him his duty to marry her according to the law of Deuteronomy 25. When Mary became pregnant, Joseph would have been required to divorce her because she would then belong to another (see Dt 24:1-4; Jer 3:1). But when Joseph found out that “the other” was the Holy Spirit, the idea of his having conjugal relations with Mary was not a consideration.

Let us take our helper (advocate) and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so that she, who from the moment of her conception overcame Satan may show her power over these evil sects, in which is revived the contumacious spirit of the demon, together with his unsubdued perfidy and deceit. Let us beseech Michael, the prince of the heavenly angels, who drove out the infernal foe; and Joseph, the spouse of the most holy Virgin, and heavenly patron of the Catholic Church; and the great Apostles, Peter and Paul, the fathers and victorious champions of the Christian faith. By their patronage, and by perseverance in united prayer, we hope that God will mercifully and opportunely succor the human race, which is encompassed by so many dangers.

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace!

It only by the power of the Holy Spirit thru the immaculate purity of Mary that the virgin-mother brings forth the Holy son of God!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

A new song!

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

It is really God who greeting Mary with the “Hail Mary”!
Lk 1:26 & Lk 1:45

Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed!

A song of thanksgiving for bringing our salvation!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God didn't incarnate any womb of a woman.

The immaculate conception is merely a prop to justify the sacred womb rubbish.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Joseph certainly did so honorably as husband and wife.

When people reject simple language of Scripture, in order to cling to a lie, then even their normal human understanding of language and life goes out the window.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man.

No one is glorifying God as God, while trying to glorify a Mother of God as Goddess Queen of heaven, by changing a corruptible womb into an incorruptible sacred image of Vesta.

If we change the corruptible to incorruptible, then we are also guilty of changing the incorruptible to corruptible.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Worship requires intent

And the birth of our Saviour is one that Mary, herself, with her freewill, said "YES", and delivered salvation for all mankind. Lk 1:38

Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!
Lk 1:30

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

Praise honor veneration and devotion are not worship and redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 and Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

The Holy Spirit is “uncreated Advocate” and Mary is “created Advocate.” Advocacy for the Church is their common cause. Since Mary is full of grace and full of the Holy Spirit, her will, prayers, and advocacy mirror that of the Holy Spirit. (This does not make Her God)

Mary is depicted as the spouse of the Holy Spirit therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.” Lk 1:35

This is nuptial language hearkening back to Ruth 3:8, where Ruth said to Boaz “spread your skirt over me” when she revealed to him his duty to marry her according to the law of Deuteronomy 25. When Mary became pregnant, Joseph would have been required to divorce her because she would then belong to another (see Dt 24:1-4; Jer 3:1). But when Joseph found out that “the other” was the Holy Spirit, the idea of his having conjugal relations with Mary was not a consideration.

Let us take our helper (advocate) and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so that she, who from the moment of her conception overcame Satan may show her power over these evil sects, in which is revived the contumacious spirit of the demon, together with his unsubdued perfidy and deceit. Let us beseech Michael, the prince of the heavenly angels, who drove out the infernal foe; and Joseph, the spouse of the most holy Virgin, and heavenly patron of the Catholic Church; and the great Apostles, Peter and Paul, the fathers and victorious champions of the Christian faith. By their patronage, and by perseverance in united prayer, we hope that God will mercifully and opportunely succor the human race, which is encompassed by so many dangers.

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace!

It only by the power of the Holy Spirit thru the immaculate purity of Mary that the virgin-mother brings forth the Holy son of God!

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

A new song!

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

It is really God who greeting Mary with the “Hail Mary”!
Lk 1:26 & Lk 1:45

Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed!

A song of thanksgiving for bringing our salvation!

And then with the other side of the mouth encourages worship of Mother of God and Queen of Heaven.

And apparently encourages boundless amounts of ever-learning knowledge to actually believe that idolatry.

It takes hours and hours and hours to learn a lie of man, but only a second to read and know the truth of Scripture:

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary was the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone!

A consecrated virgin must be pure, immaculate, and permanent!

All for God!

Mary cos of Her being created by God immaculate (Lk 1:49) has always enjoyed the beatific vision of God in heaven, (Matt 5:8) Her intense, pure, and perfect love of God caused Her to make a sacrifice of her entire being and life to God Forever!
Lk 1:46

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God didn't incarnate any womb of a woman.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

The immaculate conception is merely a prop to justify the sacred womb rubbish.

sacred womb is scripture
Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
If the fruit is sacred (Christ) then the womb must be sacred too!

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!

Joseph certainly did so honorably as husband and wife.

only consented to marrige
Lk 1:43 no sex

When people reject simple language of Scripture, in order to cling to a lie, then even their normal human understanding of language and life goes out the window.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man.

No one is glorifying God as God, while trying to glorify a Mother of God as Goddess Queen of heaven, by changing a corruptible womb into an incorruptible sacred image of Vesta.

not doing so

If we change the corruptible to incorruptible, then we are also guilty of changing the incorruptible to corruptible.

Mary is the temple of God, God consecrated and dwelt in this temple for 9 months and it cannot be used for a ordinary purpose, anymore than you could hold a teen rock & roll dance in the holy of Holies in the temple of God?

King david has love of Mary!

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

More below

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred womb!
Blessed fruit of her womb!

Matt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

A sinner cannot have a sacred womb and be blessed and have a blessed fruit of her womb!

Only a good tree, a holy & immaculate tree can bear the good fruit who is God and our redemption and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

So Mary CANNOT be a sinner or a bad tree!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And then with the other side of the mouth encourages worship of Mother of God and Queen of Heaven.

Declaring her queen of heaven does not require worship

Queenship does not involve divinity

only reverence honor love devotion and not worship, adoration or sacrifice

And apparently encourages boundless amounts of ever-learning knowledge to actually believe that idolatry.

It takes hours and hours and hours to learn a lie of man, but only a second to read and know the truth of Scripture:

Never says they had sex
It does say the opposite lk 1:34

You can’t use scripture as a weapon against Christ and his church, the church wrote the scripture

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s that Mary is consecrated to God alone! and has taken a vow of perpetual virginity! She was s willing to refuse even the exalted dignity of mother of God, the mother of our savior, and mother of all Christians if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone!

A consecrated virgin must be pure, immaculate, and permanent!

All for God!

Mary cos of Her being created by God immaculate (Lk 1:49) has always enjoyed the beatific vision of God in heaven, (Matt 5:8) Her intense, pure, and perfect love of God caused Her to make a sacrifice of her entire being and life to God Forever!
Lk 1:46

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

How could a goddess be faithful?

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

How could a goddess be humble?

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

You tell us. She's your goddess, not ours.