The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Faith is the Word of God.

RCC is the Harlot that produces pedophile priests and idolatry.

It’s modernists who are those sinners not the church of Christ, the spotless bride

Jerusalem which is Above is the Mother of those who belong to Christ.

New Jerusalem is the church
Holy mother church

Unless you repent, you will die in your sins.

we must all repent daily

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be married and not have a wedding, or a license.

All you have to do is this..

"2 shall become one flesh"
Refers to children / offspring

"do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot (fornication) is ONE Flesh".

So, that is interesting isn't it?...espeically if you are a person who has had sex with 10, 20, 200, 800, different people.

That is a lot of "2 shall become ONE Flesh".

Are you glad that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from ALL sin, and that God does not charge sin to the born again..... Romans 4:8.

Salvation, is the total clearing of the sin's committed...all your life.
That is the Grace of God that is : "and God made Jesus to become sin".

"the Just for the unjust".

Welcome to : Salvation.
No salvation without grace and the sacraments in the church

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An attack on the church or what she teaches is an attack on Christ who founded her and commanded her to teach all nations Matt 28:19

More RCC doctrine of demons from you. You were baptized into a Harlot and the lies of that Harlot you will preach.

Like the Apostles Peter, Paul and John, i was baptized into CHRIST and have forgiveness of sins and the Promise of God within me.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:26-29

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More RCC doctrine of demons from you. You were baptized into a Harlot and the lies of that Harlot you will preach.

Like the Apostles Peter, Paul and John, i was baptized into CHRIST and have forgiveness of sins and the Promise of God within me.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:26-29

only in the one true church not some sect of heretics founded by men teaching the tradition of men

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only in the one true church not some sect of heretics founded by men teaching the tradition of men

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The One True Church is Born from Above and is in CHRIST and cannot be found in any earthly building.

RCC is from below and was born of the wicked one and the deeds of the wicked one it produces.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One True Church is Born from Above and is in CHRIST and cannot be found in any earthly building.

RCC is from below and was born of the wicked one and the deeds of the wicked one it produces.

accusations

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

Same mission, power, and authority Jn 20:21-23

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the world,so the successors of the apostles must remain until the end of the world) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The carnal minded argument is: Mary gave birth to the man Jesus, and Jesus was God in the flesh, and so Mary was and is mother of God Himself.

If so, then the brothers an sisters of the man Jesus were and are the brothers and sisters of God Himself.

This is why they have the idol Mary to be ever-virgin, in order to avoid the obvious paganism other wise.

This also fit well with Mariology being the invention of the first Pontiff Pope of Rome, in order to accommodate the last Pontifex Maximus of the old Roman religion.

The ever-virgin Vesta and her Sacred Fire is the source for the Sacred tradition of ever-virgin Mary and her Sacred Womb.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This also fit well with Mariology being the invention of the first Pontiff Pope of Rome, in order to accommodate the last Pontifex Maximus of the old Roman religion..

According to the belief…of the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Eastern Orthodox Churches, the Oriental Orthodox Churches, and the Anglican Communion, the Assumption of Mary was the bodily taking up of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her life. The Roman Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary, “having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”[1] This doctrine was dogmatically and infallibly defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950,

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Mary was the mother of the man Jesus, who was called Lord by them that believed on Him as Christ.

She was not the mother of God Himself, nor is she now the mother of the man Christ Jesus.

And if she had not learned to believe and obey Him after His resurrection, she would not be in His presence now at all.

For neither did his brethren believe in him.

Mary with His brothers and sisters were not believing Him, and were outside His will in the days of His flesh.

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Who did Jesus Himself say was His mother on earth?

Idolators care nothing for what Scripture and Jesus have to say about Himself and His mother and sister and brother.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Idolators care nothing for what Scripture and Jesus have to say about Himself and His mother and sister and brother.

Catholics were told not to read the bible, until 1961.
That is when the rule changed.
Till then, they were ordered...."if you have questions, ask a PRIEST".

Most of them, to this day.....carry a bible, but they dont read it.
If they have a question, they ask another Catholic, or they ask their Priest.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was born and raised a catholic, attended St. Cecilia's church and school.

Then i was invited to a home of a family, that also was raised catholic, to read the KJV.

About a year later the Holy Spirit opened my heart, mind, soul and spirit to receive the Blood Atonement of Christ by FAITH in His Word.

Born Again, just as it it written in Gospel of John chapter 3

Later, i was baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Religion is death - the Spirit is LIFE.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i was born and raised a catholic, attended St. Cecilia's church and school.

Then i was invited to a home of a family, that also was raised catholic, to read the KJV.

About a year later the Holy Spirit opened my heart, mind, soul and spirit to receive the Blood Atonement of Christ by FAITH in His Word.

Born Again, just as it it written in Gospel of John chapter 3

Later, i was baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Religion is death - the Spirit is LIFE.
I loved your testimony. Relationship not religion.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That is not true - and you provide no evidence for that claim.

I was at a Catholic secondary school in the 1950's and we had Religious Education (RE) classes where we had to have a Bible. I remember sometimes we went round the class, each person reading part of it. We were studying the OT at the time.

Also my parents had a Bible.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the belief…of the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Eastern Orthodox Churches, the Oriental Orthodox Churches, and the Anglican Communion, the Assumption of Mary was the bodily taking up of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her life. The Roman Catholic Church teaches as dogma that the Virgin Mary, “having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”[1] This doctrine was dogmatically and infallibly defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950,
This doctrine was dogmatically and infallibly defined by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950,

Oh well, still wrong after so many years.

Some people just never learn.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I taught at a Catholic School briefly long ago. I wasn't a Christian then, so I sked what they were taught from the bible in their theology class.

They looked at me strange and said they only read the Church Fathers.

I was a classical historian, so I asked them why they don't ever go to the source materials, instead of just the commentators, and they were shocked and said, Because they are our Fathers. So, I left it alone.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I taught at a Catholic School briefly long ago. I wasn't a Christian then, so I sked what they were taught from the bible in their theology class.
They looked at me strange and said they only read the Church Fathers.
I was a classical historian, so I asked them why they don't ever go to the source materials, instead of just the commentators, and they were shocked and said, Because they are our Fathers. So, I left it alone.

I understand.

You'll note that the 2 Catholics who live on this forum, only talk about Mary and "Church Fathers"., as that is their brainwashing.
"Cult Training" = Say only this......and they are both well trained.

A few JW's here are the same.....totally robotic.....lock step.... controlled thinking.
Truth bounces off Catholics and Jehovah's witnesses, like a rubber ball off a brick wall.
It does not penetrate their programming, at all.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand.

You'll note that the 2 Catholics who live on this forum, only talk about Mary and "Church Fathers"., as that is their brainwashing.
"Cult Training" = Say only this......and they are both well trained.

A few JW's here are the same.....totally robotic.....lock step.... controlled thinking.
Truth bounces off Catholics and Jehovah's witnesses, like a rubber ball off a brick wall.
It does not penetrate their programming, at all.
When faith is weak, idolatry is strong.

Reactions: Pearl