The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. There were only the Twelve chosen Apostles where Judas was replaced with Paul.

Now, there may be apostleship leaders, but they DO NOT hold office as the Twelve.

There is only one way for that to be verified as well.
Well okay, if that's what you think.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
The LORD did not have to say and include the Holy Spirit as seeing the Father with Himself. ALL THREE were/are Echad Elohim - Genesis

I guess you understand what you're saying, but I'm afraid that I don't. BTW, can the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit converse back and forth among themselves?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you understand what you're saying, but I'm afraid that I don't. BTW, can the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit converse back and forth among themselves?

Absolutely = Genesis = "Let us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness."

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well okay, if that's what you think.

No where in Scripture does the LORD choose any other Apostles as HE did when HE walked the earth.
Again, Christ directly appeared to Saul and Authorized him as an Apostle at the time of the Apostles. HE made sure of that for us.

There is an Eternal Commandment that ALL must follow to avoid error and falsehood.

SEE = Deuteronomy 4:1-2 , Proverbs 30:5-6 , Revelation 22:18-19

No one is exempt.
PEACE and BLESSING be upon You from our LORD Jesus Christ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that the "us" is referring to more than the Father and the Son?

EXCELLENT question Friend

GOD established His understanding for us in a way that we could have a clear understanding of how we see God and know God.
His understanding for us was Masterfully laid out in His Word. ALL Truth comes from His Word and His Holy Spirit.

We can have access to His Truth if HE calls us unto Himself, again by the Spirit and the Word.

May i ask, what is your view of Salvation - what does this mean to you?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about
Immaculate conception?
Mother of God?
Queen of heaven ?
Mother of our salvation?

mandate defending the truth about Mary is not worship or adoration or offering sacrifice
No idolatry
what about Immaculate conception? Mother of God? Queen of heaven? Mother of our salvation?
Junk of course.

That is just the old Roman religion of Vesta rebranded with Christian names and pseudo-Scriptural teaching, called 'Sacred tradition'.

It was added to Christianity by the last Pontifex Maximus, that was forced to adopt Christianity as the new state religion of Rome by Constantine, yet did not want to be rid of old Virgin Mother Vesta and her 'Sacred Fire' altogether. So then, calling himself Pope, he side-saddled her to Christ as 'Mary'.

If Catholics just stick with Jesus Christ and Him crucified according to the Scriptures, and forget the old Roman paganism of Vesta, then they will be Christians only, not double minded between Christianity and old Roman paganism.

I.e. Catholics do just fine. Roman Catholics do not.

mandate defending the truth about Mary is not worship or adoration or offering sacrifice

Mandate to defending the truth of Mary is Scripture: a faithful virgin Israelite woman of the seed of David, who gave birth to the body of Jesus, then went on to be a faithful Israelite wife of Joseph and mother of children of their own, and then went on to believe the resurrected Christ to obey Him as Lord.

Mandate to worship and adore a pseudo Mary Virgin, Mother, Queen, yada yada yada, is the same mandate of the eternally secured and saved double minded, who 'celebrate' unconditional and blind grace.

Both mandates of men are mystical harlots born of Mystery Babylon the Great.

No idolatry

Yes, idolatry.

"Where there is no scripture, there is no truth, and where there is Sacred tradition without Scripture, there is vain imagination without truth: Idolatry." (Unknown)

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about Immaculate conception? Mother of God? Queen of heaven? Mother of our salvation?
Junk of course.

That is just the old Roman religion of Vesta rebranded with Christian names and pseudo-Scriptural teaching, called 'Sacred tradition'.

It was added to Christianity by the last Pontifex Maximus, that was forced to adopt Christianity as the new state religion of Rome by Constantine, yet did not want to be rid of old Virgin Mother Vesta and her 'Sacred Fire' altogether. So then, calling himself Pope, he side-saddled her to Christ as 'Mary'.

If Catholics just stick with Jesus Christ and Him crucified according to the Scriptures, and forget the old Roman paganism of Vesta, then they will be Christians only, not double minded between Christianity and old Roman paganism.

I.e. Catholics do just fine. Roman Catholics do not.

Mandate to defending the truth of Mary is Scripture: a faithful virgin Israelite woman of the seed of David, who gave birth to the body of Jesus, then went on to be a faithful Israelite wife of Joseph and mother of children of their own, and then went on to believe the resurrected Christ to obey Him as Lord.

Mandate to worship and adore a pseudo Mary Virgin, Mother, Queen, yada yada yada, is the same mandate of the eternally secured and saved double minded, who 'celebrate' unconditional and blind grace.

Both mandates of men are mystical harlots born of Mystery Babylon the Great.

No idolatry

Yes, idolatry.

"Where there is no scripture, there is no truth, and where there is Sacred tradition without Scripture, there is vain imagination without truth." (Unknown)

Absolutely idolatry

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you tell yourself what to believe. I rely on The Church, which is the pillar and foundation of TRUTH. You believe YOU are the pillar and foundation of truth.....;)

Just a couple of posts ago, you said you would stop speaking FOR ME...
Seems you can’t keep your word. Noted and Not flattering!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we must all be taught by Christ

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

I recall NOTHING taught BY Christ or the Apostles saying...
...to Place statues of Jesus IN a Church.
...to Place statues of Mary IN a Church.
...to Bow down before statues.
...that Mary was without sin.
...that Mary IS an intercessory
...that Jesus was an Earthly (human) man.
...that Mary bodily sits in Heaven.
...that Mary is a Queen.
...to Pray TO saints In Heaven.
...Mary is the mother of God.
...Mary is a virgin forever.
...Call men holy father.

IF your church teaches or does any of these things...
Please quote your church teaching and Scriptural verification that says the same.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Junk of course.
Not junk.

No it isn't.

More errors.
And Constantine didn't make Christianity the state religion.

Catholicism is nothing to do with Roman paganism.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
[QUOTE="David in NJ, post: 1179660, member: 12091

May i ask, what is your view of Salvation - what does this mean to you?[/QUOTE]

I guess that scripture describes it as being delivered, by grace, from sin and its consequence of eternal punishment.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It seems they can:
Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No where in Scripture does the LORD choose any other Apostles as HE did when HE walked the earth.
Again, Christ directly appeared to Saul and Authorized him as an Apostle at the time of the Apostles. HE made sure of that for us.

There is an Eternal Commandment that ALL must follow to avoid error and falsehood.

SEE = Deuteronomy 4:1-2 , Proverbs 30:5-6 , Revelation 22:18-19

No one is exempt.
PEACE and BLESSING be upon You from our LORD Jesus Christ
The word apostle means “one who is sent out.” In the New Testament, there are two primary usages of the word apostle. The first is in specifically referring to the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ. The second is in generically referring to other individuals who are sent out to be messengers/ambassadors of Jesus Christ.

And what about what is usually called the five-fold ministry?
Ephesians 4:11, "It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers."
And those who do the work of planting churches today?

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word apostle means “one who is sent out.” In the New Testament, there are two primary usages of the word apostle. The first is in specifically referring to the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ. The second is in generically referring to other individuals who are sent out to be messengers/ambassadors of Jesus Christ.

And what about what is usually called the five-fold ministry?
Ephesians 4:11, "It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers."
And those who do the work of planting churches today?

AMEN to your post here.

Now, if the Scriptural definition to be an apostle is "one who is sent" then all of us who are His, are apostles unto God for each one HE calls He also sends.

But Scripture does not show us this and gives us a clear picture of 'the 12 Apostles':
1.) Seen the LORD and HE appeared to them
2.) Called to be an Apostle by the LORD specifically and separately from all the other disciples
3.) Given clear instruction/directive by the LORD directly, no intermediary, no church/religion can ordain one
4.) Given clear Authority by the LORD
5.) Baptised in the Holy Spirit
6.) the LORD said go out and make disciples of ME, not Apostles of ME for only HE can do this.
7.) the LORD never gave a directive for His Church to make new Apostles to replace the Twelve
8.) We are commanded to follow the teachings of the LORD and the original chosen Apostles

Now there can be apostles as far as leadership but never as one to replace the Authority of the 12 just as there is no one who replaces the Authority of CHRIST and the HOLY SPIRIT.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="David in NJ, post: 1179660, member: 12091

May i ask, what is your view of Salvation - what does this mean to you?

I guess that scripture describes it as being delivered, by grace, from sin and its consequence of eternal punishment.[/QUOTE]

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.” 3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?” 5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” 9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked. 10“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and you do not understand these things? 11Truly, truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, and yet you people do not accept our testimony. 12If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? 13No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.c 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life.d 16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and onlye Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness rather than the Light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever practices the truth comes into the Light, so that it may be seen clearly that what he has done has been accomplished in God.”f

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9

Really?

I didn’t take you for a fundamentalist?

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:22 Moses said unto the fathers…

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ says this to all His Saints - Read John chapter 17

the apostles only are appointed to govern the holy church and administer the kingdom

notice matt 28:19-20 teach all nation
Christ commanded His apostles to teach all nations, that’s the people, that’s us

Jn 15:1
abide in me and you (the apostles) shall bear fruit (us, we are the fruit)

The apostles are the fishers of men not us
There is a hierarchical authority in the kingdom

Christ
Peter
The apostles
Those they ordain
The people

Christ gave the keys of jurisdictional authority to Peter alone (and his successors) Christ gave the power to bind and loose and to forgive sin to all the apostles and to the people he gave none of these things