The Book of Remembrance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. Bad error on my part. Thank you for the scripture to support it.
Don't be too quick to assume yourself wrong. The kingdom is not future except for those who do not now enter, even as it was at the time of the Lord's coming:

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be too quick to assume yourself wrong. The kingdom is not future except for those who do not now enter, even as it was at the time of the Lord's coming:

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Agree the kingdom is here, “upon” us. 1 Timothy 6:15-16 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; [16] Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

I may have jumped to quick on Psalm 127:3 as it being a promise for spiritual children: “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”

Hebrews 11:6
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Isn’t that what we all want? For others to become hearers and to be given sight?(just so it clear: I don’t mean here but family, friends, everyday acquaintances.) Thank you, Scott, for the exhortation to not give up so quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree the kingdom is here, “upon” us. 1 Timothy 6:15-16 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; [16] Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

I may have jumped to quick on Psalm 127:3 as it being a promise for spiritual children: “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”

Hebrews 11:6
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Isn’t that what we all want? For others to become hearers and to be given sight?(just so it clear: I don’t mean here but family, friends, everyday acquaintances.) Thank you, Scott, for the exhortation to not give up so quick.

As with anything spiritual, there is a dual aspect to consider. There is the "now" and there is the future. The kingdom of God is eternal therefore it is "now" as well as future. If something doesn't yet exist...then it can't be eternal.

The same for eternal life.

If eternal life is truly eternal that means we can enter into life now. That's why in this world, eternal life is a kind of life.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what this means, but the Christian's inheritance is RESERVED for him or her in Heaven. So it is a future inheritance.

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you...(1 Pet 1:4)

Hello @Enoch111,

Yet, though that is true: it is not descriptive of the inheritance of the Church which is the Body of Christ: for that knowledge, the epistle to the Ephesians must be read, and the prayer of Ephesians 1:17-23 prayed.

Though not descriptive of it, none the less, the qualities described are true of that inheritance too, 'incorruptible' and 'undefiled', however the inheritance that Peter speaks of in 1 Peter 1:4 will come down out of Heaven to the New Earth, whereas the inheritance of the Church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, will be entered into in Heavenly Places, in Christ Jesus.

With love in Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet, though that is true: it is not descriptive of the inheritance of the Church which is the Body of Christ...
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. The Church itself is (a) the Body, (b) the Bride and (c) the Building of Christ. And each member of that Body has been assigned an eternal inheritance in Heaven. While we may not know the exact nature of that inheritance, we know that it is there for a fact, and reserved for us. Peter compares it to wealth or property as an inheritance given on earth, yet drastically different.

EARTHLY INHERITANCE
Frequently corruptible (subject to spoilage)
Frequently defiled (if the source is tainted)
Frequently subject to being squandered (and thus vanish away)

HEAVENLY INHERITANCE
Incorruptible (cannot decay)
Undefiled (untainted)
Imperishable (that fadeth not away)

Given the fact that the New Jerusalem is the eternal abode of the saints (since those mansions would be in it) and that it is constructed of *heavenly* gold and precious stones, it is entirely possible that this would also be the nature of our eternal inheritance.

What should be noted is that God has made us His heirs ( and joint-heirs with Christ) PURELY BY HIS GRACE. No Christians earns his or her salvation or inheritance. We only earn our rewards in Heaven.