The Book of Remembrance.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Isaiah 54:1-4
[1] Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord . [2] Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; [3] For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. [4] Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

“...thy shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.” ...directly linked to where Paul speaks of the true widowhood. Also, directly linked to Galatians 4:27-28 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. [28] Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. —promised to Abraham.

Don’t you see His chosen display 1 Corinthians 13:5-7
[5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

This is what His chosen did: they did not seek their own but the riches of another. They hoped. They beared with long suffering and patience for the precious fruit of His seed. And they endured. That is what makes them chosen.(bear witness of His name).
Great verses there!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the present day Church is not Israel iyo?

I’m sorry. That was a quote from a member in another thread that I was asking about here. Not my quote. I can’t say I’m a hundred percent certain who Israel is. Everyone says something different. Israel is Spiritual, I would say. And a part of Christ (which is the light).

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please try to put aside your bias, and take these things into consideration, for your own sake, if not for those who read your posts.
So far Episkopos has disregarded every Scripture which exposed his fallacious ideas, and he continues to insult Christians by calling the "dispies". I trust most people here can see his prejudiced views as false.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel is found within the church. Israel, like the kingdom does not come with observation.
Why don't you quit posting nonsense, and start studying the Word seriously?

1. You will not find a SINGLE Scripture which says "Israel is found within the Church".

2. What was said by Christ regarding the Kingdom not coming with observation should not be torn out of context to support your false ideas.

And when he was demanded of [asked by] the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Lk 17:20,21)

Now was this response by Christ a definitive pronouncement regarding the Kingdom of God, or was it something else? Let's look at the context.

1. Christ had come to Israel to present Himself as King-Messiah.
2. The Pharisees had rejected Him.
3. The Pharisees had a false understanding of the Messiah.
4. The question was asked mockingly and tauntingly by the Pharisees since they believed Christ was a demon-possessed imposter.
5. The Lord has already told Nicodemus (one of the Pharisees) that except a man be born again he can neither see nor enter the Kingdom of God. Which meant that only those who were regenerated could see God's Kingdom -- "the Kingdom of God is within you". It was spiritual.
6. The unbelieving Pharisees and Jews were far from being regenerated. Indeed they had damned themselves thorough their unbelief.
7. Hence Christ's response, which may be paraphrased thus "You who do not believe in me cannot possibly see the Kingdom of God. You will certainly not see it with your eyes".
8. Furthermore, He warned everyone tacitly (including the Pharisees) that false Messiahs would arise, therefore when people said "Lo here" or "Lo there" (with reference to false Christs) they were not to be taken seriously: Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. (Mt 24:23)

But this is not the doctrine of the Kingdom in its totality at all. For that we need to go to other Scriptures, and here is one of the best summaries of Christ's real, visible, Kingdom on earth, to be established after His second coming (Dan 7:13,14; Rev 11:15-17):

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man [Christ] came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, [the Father] and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

So now what do we see in these passages?
1. The kingdoms of this world will become the Kingdom of God and Christ.
2. Jesus shall reign "for ever and ever" on this earth.
3. Since all power is given to Christ in Heaven and on earth, He will return with great power and great glory, and take unto Himself His great power, and then reign over the earth in great majesty, as King of kings and Lord of lords.
4. All people, nations and languages will serve Christ on earth without exception. Which means that all the ungodly and all His enemies will have been destroyed.
5. Christ's dominion is an "everlasting dominion", which shall never pass away, and which shall never be destroyed. Conversely, all the kingdoms of this world will first be destroyed by Christ.

Thou [King Nebuchadnezzar] sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces... And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever...and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure. (Dan 2:34,44,45)

Reactions: charity

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We know that there will be at least three books opened up on judgment day...and I see that number as being 3. (after careful consideration of course)

Notice this...

Rev. 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

It says...books (plural) were opened, and ANOTHER book. That makes 3 books.

If we say...times and another time...that means 3 years. Nobody has trouble with that. But when it comes to something important...it seems that very few can understand the meaning of the word.

So what are the names of the 3 books?

The Lamb's Book of Life
The Book of Remembrance
The Book of Life
I think those three books you mentioned are one and the same book referred to with different names... the book of life.
The other books that were opened is the record of all lost peoples and their works.

Sooo, there are two records... the saved and the lost. These are the records of all peoples thought the history of earth.
Those who at one stage of their lives grasped the gift of salvation and then later abandoned or betrayed their allegiance (as was Judas Iscariot) will have their names blotted out of the book of life...therefore the admonition, do not be deceived.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think those three books you mentioned are one and the same book referred to with different names... the book of life.
Correct. The book of life = the Lamb's book of life = the book of remembrance.

Furthermore, since names can be (and will be) blotted out of this book, it would appear that God desires to give eternal life to all, but only those who obey the Gospel will have their names in this book, since the blood of the Lamb has been applied to their souls.

Reactions: charity

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
do you have any Support for this, ty

Biblical support....always!

Rev. 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those with Him are called and chosen and faithful."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i take it these are two diff groups iyo

Actually three...

Called but not chosen: the guests, the saved of the nations.

Called and chosen but not faithful: The filthy, the rejected ones (into outer darkness)

The called, chosen, and faithful
: the saints.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don’t know if it will help but it helped me. Psalm 114:2 Judah was his sanctuary, and Israel his dominion.

Jude 1:25
[25] To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:25 Lexicon: to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
and just to be clear these are helping you to see what exactly? See a difference?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Actually three...

Called but not chosen: the guests, the saved of the nations.

Called and chosen but not faithful: The filthy, the rejected ones (into outer darkness)

The called, chosen, and faithful
: the saints.
i'm curious here, assuming these divisions are true, how might one even meaningfully apply them?
Seems to me that you will just end up with a more refined bad definition of "saved" than the one we have now?
wadr i am detecting some COGIC propaganda here, @ this division of the called, chosen, and faithful followers,
seems to revolve around this v,
14These will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings.z Those with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.aa

maybe i just am not seeing the point

@amadeus what do you think of this