The Book of Revelation, Understood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I understand!

I think that the letters are to apply to the church leaders, then all who hear them in all times in this age. I think they tell us about us, about our churches, about our leaders, about the times we live in, about the ways churches change, things they go through, all of that and most likely more.

Personally I've come to think of the 7 church periods to be more egocentric, that is, we tend to see the part that's more around us. But while Laodicea describes much of the world, Philedelphia does also. And Smyrna. All of them.

Much love!

The way I see them, is that we can pick a specific Church, and we will discover the goings on in that Church will fit one of Christ's seven Messages, even today. What? Jezebel teaching pagan ideas and fornication in the Church today? Yes, and worse in some Churches. Just as with the Baal prophets in the days of Jezebel and king Ahab represented the devil's own working to subvert Christ, that is still going on today in some so-called Churches. In Old Testament times those were called 'beth'avens', meaning 'house of vanity'. God's true house was called a Beth-El, meaning House of God, which all true Christian Churches are.

Thus the blueprint of the two Churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia represent the 'ideal' Churches, those that will not, and cannot be deceived in the end. This is why those two Churches were being persecuted by the "synagogue of Satan". The devil isn't very concerned with those whom he has already deceived and can manipulate. It is the elect that cannot be deceived that bothers him the most.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 19:14 The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
GINOLJC, to all.
you're correct, that the spirit of ERROR... Good spiritual eyes VJ.

PICJAG.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that applies but only up to a certain point.

When it comes to the grand deception that is soon to come upon the whole world by the coming Antichrist, that warning is to be given regardless of what Church one goes to. And if one is in error against that warning our Lord Jesus and His Apostles gave the Church for the end, then attempts to correction are justified.
first thanks for the reply, second, there are some who are deceived now. but what's scary is this, 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

forget all the spirits that "would" or "will" be a lying spirit in some mouth, but when God send the delusion, what then?

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok a little confused here to eat things sacrificed to idols?

I believe I recall Brother Paul stating that this wasn’t problem, unless it would cause a brother to stumble.
you got it, any drawing away from God starts little and then more and more. like a drug, a light drug to get you hooked, then one move on to the heavy drugs. that what a Jezebel spirit do, that's why it's so dangerous, at first it seem so innocent, and later when it grows you got a tiger on your hands.

Read up on that Jezebel spirit

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
you're correct, that the spirit of ERROR... Good spiritual eyes VJ.

PICJAG.

remember what you said the other day about “thoughts”. Do you ever wake up and immediately something is there that wasn’t before, and it changes on you? Clearer. Like you’ve heard it countless times so many ways but then it takes on new meaning? only thought to share it with you that this morning it was: Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Ezekiel 18:25-32)
(Jeremiah 21:8)

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there are only three churches left, might as well post them all this day, morning noon and this evening, and then we can get to the heart of this prophecy once more.

Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Sardis = "red ones" or "The escaping one", or "Those who come out". a resurrected church. all of these apply to this church

This letter starts out as similar to the first letter to Ephesus, he who have the seven Spirits and the seven stars that walk among the seven golden candlesticks. Since we are introduce to the Seven Spirits, Lets clear up something here concerning seven golden candlesticks that he walk among. This information is very important. While our Lord was standing in the midst of "Seven Candlesticks", or "LAMPSTANDS", as was in the church of Ephesus, it is important to understand this. a candlestick requires a light such as a candle, which is self-consuming, while a "Lampstand" is for the support of a lamp whose wick instead of burning away is fed from the oil within, (read both parts again). And we know what or who the oil is, the Holy Spirit. are you understanding this in reference to a parable?…… yes, the ten virgins. five was wise, and five foolish. are we beginning to see this church in us now?. One will see this in us as we go on.

Their works was in Name only and was dead in deeds/Works. to make it simple they boasted in what they did, but had no works to show for it. Example, James 2:14-17 "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?:15 "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone”. Other words without the Spirit we can do nothing. See John 15:1-8.

Revelation 3:2 "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Be watchful? as with the parable of the ten virgins, they all slumbered and slept. But when the call came that the bridegroom cometh, their lamps was trimmed. what was to be strengthen? Answer, “perfect Love”, the Love of God and fellow man. And what was ready to die? Answer, the LAW of the old testament system, supportive scriptures, Hebrews 7:11 & 12 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law”.
Hebrews 8:13 "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away”. so again the Lord Jesus is calling his church out of Judaism from under the old covenant, into the new covenant of grace, which Love is perfect in all things. 1 John 4:17-21 "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 "We love him, because he first loved us. 20 "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 "And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also".

Revelation 3:3 "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Remember, what you received, and heared? the true gospel. 1 Corinthians 15:1 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures”. HOLD FAST, don’t turn back unto the old ways of Judaism. Supportive scripture, 2 Peter 2:20-22 "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire”. as with the ten virgins be ready, be clean in the Spirit..

Revelation 3:4 "Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
There is hope for this church, as with any church, for there are some who do walk after the righteousness of God and have not soiled or defiled their garment, and they walk, or live in true righteousness with God, supportive scripture, Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. here the seven Spirit is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the oil in the lampstand, which the true christian walk by. And the other was told to repent. and if so, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”. for God don’t remember your past any more. So there was two groups of christian in the church of Sardis. 1. those who were “DEAD” in works, and if repented, can wear white and 2. those who not soiled their garments at all, wearing white. just as some churches today. some have one foot in the church and the other in the world.

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels
by repenting, those with dead works, can now wear the white raiment of righteousness. this repenting of those who had dead works, their name will not be blotted out from the book of life, for, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.. What a church. Those who comes out of darkness into the marvellous light.
Conclusion: Abide in me and I in you

this fits this church to the tee, The escaping one, or Those who come out. Or the RED ONES, red meaning fire, who was pluck out of the fire. Zechariah 3:2 "And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?”.

Revelation 3:6 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Follow the Spirit,the Lord Jesus who is speaking to them.

THE CONDEMNATION: I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and ART DEAD.

THE COUNSEL: Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent.

THE WARNING: If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

THE PROMISE: Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in WHITE RAIMENT; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.

PICJAG.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
remember what you said the other day about “thoughts”. Do you ever wake up and immediately something is there that wasn’t before, and it changes on you? Clearer. Like you’ve heard it countless times so many ways but then it takes on new meaning? only thought to share it with you that this morning it was: Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Ezekiel 18:25-32)
(Jeremiah 21:8)
Those are some good verses to ponder. as I thought on them, God knows how to shut up an illegal complaint. listen, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

so there is no claim that God is unequal. the only one's who are unequal is us. thank God for the new covenant, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us".

well all that complain of God's unequalness is out the door and on us, if we chose to the unequal. what a mighty God we serve.

keep the thoughts coming VJ.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Philadelphia = "brotherly love". 1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.”.

He that is “holy” and “true”. the Spirit of TRUTH, he who is “Holy”, the Holy Spirit. 1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us”. BINGO. This church had this..

The key to the KINGDOM
Isaiah 22:21-25 "And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah 22 "And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. 23 "And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house. 24 "And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons. 25 "In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it”. (now read Isaiah 9:6).
The KINGDOM is establish and Jesus is the Head of the Government, the King. Nothing is done without his authorization. He has all power.

Revelation 3:8 "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
An open Door is a recognized right of admittance, freedom of access. For he is the door, (see John 10:1-18)
Little strength? 2 Corinthians 12:10 "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong”. they had kept the Faith, and confess his name before men, no matter which situation arose.

Revelation 3:9 "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Isaiah 60:14 "The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel”. Matthew 19:29 & 30 "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 30 "But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Revelation 3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
This is no rapture, but a protection. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ”.

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Keep the Faith until he return. “quickly?”, 2 Peter 3:8 & 8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”. keep the faith, as the apostle Paul said, 2 Timothy 4:8 "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing”.

Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
A Pillar provide support, and this support is in the form of the word of God to the Church. these PILLAR which are is built on a sure foundation, of the apostles, Ephesians 2:20 "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone". and this city, Hebrews 12:22 "But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels”. and Jesus the Lord himself, will write “HIS” name on US, his elect, his seal in our foreheads. Sealed until the day of redemption. Revelation 9:4 "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads". Everybody claims that they are in this church. I hope so.

Revelation 3:13 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Follow Jesus, the Spirit.

COMMENDATION--I know thy works: behold I have set before thee an OPEN DOOR, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name.

NO WARNING, NO COMPLAINT

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Church,
Revelation 3:14 "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Laodicea = "justice of the people" or only Justified in Christ.

The true witness, John 5:31 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:32 "There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood". for the wittness here is a “martyr".

Revelation 3:15 "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
They was straddle the fence. Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon”.

Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways”. this church was split in direction. as was with many other churches there was mixed congergation of Jews and Gentiles they were unbalanced. Job 31:6 "Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity".

Revelation 3:17 "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
they were rich outwardly, materially, but Spiritually bankrupt. they needed the Spirit. Without the Spirit there is direction.

Revelation 3:18 "I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Isaiah 55:1 "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price”. Malachi 3:2 "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: Malachi 3:3 "And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness". Isaiah 47:3 "Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man".
bottom line, 1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

Revelation 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Hebrews 12:4 -8 "Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 "If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 "But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
The indwelling of the Spirit. Matthew 7:7 & 8 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 "For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened”.
John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”. John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him”.

Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
The Empowerment in the Spirit: this verse is very important. notice it says, Sit “in” and not on, for if one is “in” Christ he has the Christ A. authority, B. his Power. Supportive Scripture ,John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Revelation 3:22 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Follow Jesus.

justice of the people fit this church character, if they make up their mind.

THE COMPLAINT--I know thy works, that thou art neither hot nor cold: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold or hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, and knowest not that thou are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

3. THE COUNSEL--I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

THE CHASTENING--As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

THE PROMISE--Behold I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His Throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Churches."

no "commendation"

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well all that complain of God's unequalness is out the door and on us, if we chose to the unequal. what a mighty God we serve.

still meditating on Isaiah 55:8-11 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

...For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. Always have heard this as an excuse to remain in our own thoughts and our own ways. Has not He set His thoughts which are higher and His ways (Life)which are higher over our own thoughts and ways which lead to death. He said one must ”deny themselves” and the way that leads to death and follow after the Spirit. Here is my frustration in how? I see my ways and my thoughts do lead to death and sin. I’m in agreement His thoughts and His ways lead to Life. My ways and my thoughts which are not His but lower(beneath)...should the way which leads to death not be forsaken? His promise being His thoughts and His ways are profitable and “higher” in set your mind on things which above (Philippians 4:7-8). How do I remain in my own ways and my own thoughts and call them life? In the passage of His thoughts and His ways being higher(from above) He goes on to speak of the rain and the fruit of His ways (Life)being brought forth, saying it will prosper and not return void(empty.)

Joshua 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

2 Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Jeremiah 21:8 And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the Lord ; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.
—Then He says “walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”

Romans 3:12-18 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. [13] Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: [14] Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: [15] Their feet are swift to shed blood: [16] Destruction and misery are in their ways: [17] And the way of peace have they not known: [18] There is no fear of God before their eyes.

does He not say “you know the way” in “My ways are not your way and My thoughts are not your thoughts” is it then an excuse then to remain in our own ways and our own thoughts?
Luke 2:35(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Psalm 146:3-5 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. [4] His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. [5] Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Luke 11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

I guess the question being when He said your ways are not My ways and Your thoughts are not My thoughts ...is it not a command to forsake our ways and our thoughts to walk in the Spirit which leads to Life?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still meditating on Isaiah 55:8-11 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

...For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. Always have heard this as an excuse to remain in our own thoughts and our own ways. Has not He set His thoughts which are higher and His ways (Life)which are higher over our own thoughts and ways which lead to death. He said one must ”deny themselves” and the way that leads to death and follow after the Spirit. Here is my frustration in how? I see my ways and my thoughts do lead to death and sin. I’m in agreement His thoughts and His ways lead to Life. My ways and my thoughts which are not His but lower(beneath)...should the way which leads to death not be forsaken? His promise being His thoughts and His ways are profitable and “higher” in set your mind on things which above (Philippians 4:7-8). How do I remain in my own ways and my own thoughts and call them life? In the passage of His thoughts and His ways being higher(from above) He goes on to speak of the rain and the fruit of His ways (Life)being brought forth, saying it will prosper and not return void(empty.)

Joshua 22:5 But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

2 Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Jeremiah 21:8 And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the Lord ; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.
—Then He says “walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”

Romans 3:12-18 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. [13] Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: [14] Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: [15] Their feet are swift to shed blood: [16] Destruction and misery are in their ways: [17] And the way of peace have they not known: [18] There is no fear of God before their eyes.

does He not say “you know the way” in “My ways are not your way and My thoughts are not your thoughts” is it then an excuse then to remain in our own ways and our own thoughts?
Luke 2:35(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Psalm 146:3-5 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. [4] His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. [5] Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Luke 11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

I guess the question being when He said your ways are not My ways and Your thoughts are not My thoughts ...is it not a command to forsake our ways and our thoughts to walk in the Spirit which leads to Life?
those are GOOD scriptures to meditate on

Thanks VJ.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

word :)
have a nice trip k

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, there are some who are deceived now. but what's scary is this, 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

forget all the spirits that "would" or "will" be a lying spirit in some mouth, but when God send the delusion, what then?

PICJAG.

Not everyone is meant to understand during this present world. This is why those have been blinded by God. When Jesus returns that's when their blindness will be removed. You will have to ask our Lord when He comes why some are blinded so they will be deceived in this world, and why others are not. I have my own speculations on that per God's Word, but they are my personal speculations, and that's all they are, so it's not something I would teach in public.

The bottom line is, that no soul is going to perish in the future 'lake of fire' without first being able to understand The Gospel without being blinded. All will be accountable for their own choice to believe, or not believe. Thus those souls who go into the future "lake of fire" will have chosen to go there, not forced.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is meant to understand during this present world. This is why those have been blinded by God. When Jesus returns that's when their blindness will be removed. You will have to ask our Lord when He comes why some are blinded so they will be deceived in this world, and why others are not. I have my own speculations on that per God's Word, but they are my personal speculations, and that's all they are, so it's not something I would teach in public.

The bottom line is, that no soul is going to perish in the future 'lake of fire' without first being able to understand The Gospel without being blinded. All will be accountable for their own choice to believe, or not believe. Thus those souls who go into the future "lake of fire" will have chosen to go there, not forced.
I'm in agreement. for Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living".
no one will escape without hearing the Gospel truth.

PICJAG

PS @marks if you read this post, if you don't mind will you kick off chapter 4 Monday. I wiould like to hear form others also. for now we're getting into the thingas also at hand.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if and while Marks is getting his notes together for revelation Chapter #4. a little background.
"The Right Hand of God"
After the Lord Jesus resurrection, which is fully showed to John in chapter 5, reading backward to chapter 4 shows that all power have been given unto the Lord JESUS, and is now enthroned with all power. Likewise we must die, meaning to the flesh or the old man and be resurrected. This is why John was in the Island of Patmos which means “my killing”, according to Thayer's Greek Definitions. it is the killing of one’s flesh. As said putting on the NEW MAN, which the church age is all about, (chapters 2 & 3).

This scene here in chapter 4 is the partial fulfillment of Psalms 110, (as to the sitting .... UNTIL). listen to the scripture, Psalms 110:1 & 2 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. Verse 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies”. these verse fulfills prophecy a. the Lord Jesus with all power, now in a glorified body, and b. the sending of the Holy Spirit, or his coming, for comfort in times of trouble. But understand that these verses here in chapter 4 also fulfills this verse. Scripture, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne”. the I here in this verse is the LORD, all cap, Jesus the Christ himself, the Spirit, God without the flesh body. but upon the throne in a glorified state. this is in reference to the Holy Spirit, JESUS, who came on Pentecost, (John 14:18), Acts 2. A rod is for support or comfort, not one’s own strength, but the help of another, a helper. Let’s see this helper or comforter in scripture plainly. Psalms 23:1-4 "A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”. thy rod is God himself, without the glorified body in our present age, (the church age, as comforter). God is the rod which comfort us, and God as the staff leads and guide us. as verse #2 above states. and who comfort us and guide us, "Leading us to green pastures". this is the Holy Ghost. For the Holy Ghost is called the comforter, and our helper. his staff (is of judgment). a staff is symbolic of a kings scepter. here the righteous comforted with the rightful judgments of God’s righteousness. Also to the wicked, the judgment of swift destruction which is outlined in chapter 6-9 and in more detail 13-10 - 20. so by a throne being set in heaven, not only peace comes to his saints, (for he left his Joy that we may be full), but also protection, to those who obey. the warning, or the correction is within you, or with us,. Hebrews 12:4-8 "Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 "If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 "But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons". That’s why in chapter 2 & 3 the warning to the churches, “ He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches”. for the Holy Ghost is here on earth in us, (the righteousness of God), and with us in (the world). those who are not in Christ their “works” will be destroyed.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

I want to come back to this . . .

Literally . . . I will keep you 'out of' the hour of temptation.

There is an hour of testing coming upon 'all the world', to prove them that live on the earth.

And this church has been given a promise that they will not be a part of that time. Not that they will be protected from the testing, they won't be there during that time.

The time of testing that will test all who will be on the earth, but not these.

When we look at the preterist view, these could have been died before that time.

When we look a the historicist view, these have a different life track than that, but that doesn't really answer the passage.

When we look at the futurist view, these will not be there during that time. How can this be?

Much love!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

I want to come back to this . . .

Literally . . . I will keep you 'out of' the hour of temptation.

There is an hour of testing coming upon 'all the world', to prove them that live on the earth.

And this church has been given a promise that they will not be a part of that time. Not that they will be protected from the testing, they won't be there during that time.

The time of testing that will test all who will be on the earth, but not these.

When we look at the preterist view, these could have been died before that time.

When we look a the historicist view, these have a different life track than that, but that doesn't really answer the passage.

When we look at the futurist view, these will not be there during that time. How can this be?

Much love!
Also, Jesus prayed to The Father that He NOT take them out of the world, but rather, protect them here.
And in another place, He said that the Tares would be taken first, while the Wheat stood, growing in its original place.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

There are so many directions, where to go?

After this . . . after the dictation . . . an open door in heaven. Perfect tense, Opened, opened and remains open.

Jesus opens and no one shuts . . . He stands at the door and knocks . . . a door is open in heaven, and Jesus calls John into heaven.

"Come up here, and I will show you what must happen meta tauta, after these things", the question being, after what things? After the "things of the church", i.e. the church age? Or after the dictation of the letters? After the seeing of the vision?

So many teach this as the rapture. But if we compare this to the catching up of the living in Christ, it's not the same series of events.

John is called into heaven in his vision, and that's where he went.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Exodus 24
9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

Ezekiel 1
26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

John enters God's presence in heaven.

John said in ch. 1, I was in the spirit on the Lord's day . . . now he says, I immediately became in the spirit . . .

I think what he's writing is that he was in a spiritual state of mind on the Lord's day, but then he perceived himself in a non-physical stated, being whisked away into the heavenly realm.

He saw what few have seen . . . God on His throne.

Isaiah 6
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

This is a part of this creation, and God has presented Himself in a certain way, light and color and smoke and creatures, all strange and unknown, and difficult to imagine.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

In 1 Chronicles, David divided the Levites, who had grown numerous, into 24 courses, as each would have their turn for temple worship, representing the rest. Here, 24 elders sit around God's throne.

Why 24?

Jeremiah 35
18 And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:
19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

Is one of them Jonadab? One of his descendants?

The first colors John writes, Jasper, clear like diamond. Sardine, or Carnelian, flesh colored. Emerald, brilliant green.

The elders in white robes and golden crowns, righteousness and victory, stephanos, the victor's laurel, wrought in gold.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in another place, He said that the Tares would be taken first, while the Wheat stood, growing in its original place.
In Matthew 25, the sheep and goats, this is what happens.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, Jesus prayed to The Father that He NOT take them out of the world, but rather, protect them here.
Yes, this is true, and in another place, He said that He would return for those who were yet alive at that time.

Much love!