• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so??? Care to elaborate???

Ignorance of what the Bible teaches genders responses like these. I pointed you to the Bible and yet you me to elaborate.

What’s wrong with you?

Read the Bible and stop listening to today’s so called Bible teachers.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ultimately all manner of sins are willful and are forgivable, except the unforgivable sin!!!

To God Be The Glory
Willful sin is sin based on stubbornness...a stiff-necked pride. A willful child throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. Such are unteachable...unreasonable. Indoctrinated people are willful in holding onto and promoting their views.

Religious certainty is a soul-killer.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Ultimately all manner of sins are willful
If are willful manner according to you, apparently it's your own assumption and opinion.

According to GOD and is written, "And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?"

And, Then Jesus said, "FATHER, forgive them; for they know not what they do. ................................."

Scripture does not support the testimony of, 'Ultimately all manner of sins are willful.
and are forgivable, except the unforgivable sin!!!

To God Be The Glory
What are the unforgivable sin and please quote?

Thank you

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
To conclude, after you're saved you do sin, but if ye live through the Spirit in Christ, 'do mortify the deeds of the body, and ye shall live'.
1. Those in the flesh live after the flesh. (unsaved=sin)

2. Those led by the Spirit of God, live in the Spirit, also walk in the Spirit.

1. The unsaved=those in the flesh, without the Spirit ( FAITH) have not mortified the deeds of the body.

2. Those who receive the Spirit of adoption, cry Abba Father. ( joint heirs with Christ, if we SUFFER WITH HIM, that we may be glorified together.)

1. The works of the flesh are envy, drunkenness, and those who do them ( those in the flesh/the unsaved) shall not inherit the kingdom of God. ( the Spirit of God)

2. The fruit of the Spirit ( to bear much fruit t be the disciples of Christ) love, joy, peace, LONG SUFFERING, gentleness, goodness, FAITH, meekness, temperance. ( THEY THAT ARE CHRISTS/SAVED/BORN AGAIN, HAVE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH, WITH THE AFFECTIONS AND LUSTS.)

Living and walking kin the Spirit, to NOT DESIRE VAIN GLORY, not provoking, NO ENVYING ONE ANOTHER...

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
1. The unsaved=those in the flesh, without the Spirit ( FAITH) have not mortified the deeds of the body.
Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the church of Romans and address to the congregation of saints, not unbelievers.

Actually reads and is written,
'For if ye (church) live after the flesh, ye (church) shall die: but if ye (church) through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye (church) shall live.'

It is written in testimony of you, 'And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scripture, unto their own destruction.'

Be wise and confess your sin according to 1 John 1:9, and through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of your body, you shall live. May GOD the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ forgive and bless you.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the church of Romans and address to the congregation of saints, not unbelievers.

Actually reads and is written,
'For if ye (church) live after the flesh, ye (church) shall die: but if ye (church) through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye (church) shall live.'

Be wise and confess your sin according to 1 John 1:9, and through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of your body, you shall live. May GOD the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ forgive and bless you.
An unbeliever lives after the flesh, a believer lives because they believe Christ lives.

The Jews died in their sins because they did not believe He was He. ( they did not believe He lives)..

John 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Epistles written to believers, who are exhorted to be sincere believers.

By love we are exhorted to serve one another. All the law is fulfilled in one word, to love our neighbour as ourselves.

That fruit of the Spirit ( sincere belief in Jesus Christ living/risen) IS TEMPERANCE, against such THERE IS NO LAW. ( all the law is fulfilled in ONE WORD, in loving our neighbour as ourselves)

THEY THAT ARE CHRISTS HAVE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH WITH THE AFFECTIONS AND LUSTS. ( if we believe He lives, we are also dead with him/crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Romans 6:8. Romans 8:13-14.)

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The end of the law came to EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVES. ( that He is He, because He lives, we shall also live)

The righteousness of faith, Christ who came down from heaven, ( Christ power to lay HIs life down and to take it again. Power of an endless life. John 10:18. Hebrews 7:16.) the word of faith preached by the LORDS APOSTLES, that if we CONFESS the Lord Jesus Christ with our mouth, and BELIEVE in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved.

Whosoever believes on Him shall not be ashamed, the Lord is rich unto all that call upon Him, for WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD ( living name) shall be saved.

The apostle John testifies the same, they saw and handled of the word of life.

The life was manifested to the apostles, and they show unto us that eternal ,life which was with the Father, and declare unto us what they have seen and heard. ( so we have fellowship with them, as they fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.)..

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hebrews 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Confessing our sins is confessing our unbelief, our erring from the truth, our need for converting, to save our soul from death ( in unbelief of Christ living) to hide the multitude of sins. ( we did in unbelief, as apostle Paul, the chief sinner, who did it IGNORANTLY IN UNBELIEF.)

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Born again is as the words suggest, born again, and from heaven. We cant believe in heaven, ( the kingdom of heaven) if we do not have belief in past this life. ( in above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.)

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Romans 8:13, does not depict the way you did shortsightedly and twist.

Paul the Apostle address to the church, through the Spirit 'do mortify', and not 'did mortify'.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Born Again = Have No Sin.

Disagree.

Have no Sin = Sinless = Having never Sinned or Existing in their own raised up glorified body.

Presently, the Alive Born Again are occupying Christ Jesus glorified risen body = IN Christ.

The Bodily Alive Born Again “HAVE”;
Forgiven, Covered SIN…(by Gods IN-DWELLING LIGHT)…unseen and remembered no more by God.

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have no Sin = Sinless = Having never Sinned
Wrong. They did sin till the Holy Spirit dealt with them in Romans 7 and delivered them to go into Romans 8. Those still in Romans 7 are in for a shock when He returns. The chapter is for believers.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. They did sin till the Holy Spirit dealt with them in Romans 7 and delivered them to go into Romans 8. Those still in Romans 7 are in for a shock when He returns. The chapter is for believers.

Having no sin Does = Sinless!
Sinless Does = Having never Sinned

What did you read That I said that ^^ Applied to any Earthly man?

The OP applied that to Born Again persons…and I Disagreed.

So what are you claiming IS Wrong?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.....that happens to be the “ Living “ word of God, delivered straight to the heart of His child, faith is God given gift a manifestation of the Spirit.

You must receive the Living rebirth...scripture doesn’t make one Born again,only Gods Living word can do that....scripture is meaningless without being Born Of The Spirit.

Without the Spirit, you’re just leading yourself through scripture....you need to be Born Again to understand scripture.....even then,it can take years to understand God’s word as His word is Spirit, we learn to understand in the Spirit not the human intellect....

Reactions: JunChosen and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.....that happens to be the “ Living “ word of God, delivered straight to the heart of His child, faith is God given a manifestation of the Spirit.

Correct. Never Again can stand Against God.

God forgives and covers their sin…man likes to take over and be a constant reminder

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Taken

Sorry I did not read whole thread.

Many claim they do not sin because they wrongfully apply the verses for the perfect to themselves when they have not been perfected. Romans 7 was written for believers stuck in unintentional sin as Paul reported, not in intentional sin as an unbeliever.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful sin is sin based on stubbornness...a stiff-necked pride. A willful child throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. Such are unteachable...unreasonable. Indoctrinated people are willful in holding onto and promoting their views.

Religious certainty is a soul-killer.
You have described a child who does not know anything about willful sin, although a child is a sinner (Psalm 58:3). Only that he gets what he wants when acting in a tantrum manner. Man does not usually get anything when he's acting unreasonable in spiritual matters!

To God Be The Glory

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have described a child who does not know anything about willful sin, although a child is a sinner (Psalm 58:3). Only that he gets what he wants when acting in a tantrum manner. Man does not usually get anything when he's acting unreasonable in spiritual matters!

To God Be The Glory
As a child so an immature or carnal believer. There is an exact parallel between an untrained child and a "spoiled" believer who has not gone to the cross to be dealt with in the outer man. What makes matters much worse is that there are doctrines in place...MANY such doctrine that impair the growth of the believer, by having him/her to be given the same status with God regardless how long that person has buried their talent for. But God will not strive with us for ever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken

Sorry I did not read whole thread.

Accepted.

Many claim they do not sin because they wrongfully apply the verses for the perfect to themselves when they have not been perfected. Romans 7 was written for believers stuck in unintentional sin as Paul reported, not in intentional sin as an unbeliever.

This topic like many other are repeatedly brought up…BeCAUSE people are often speaking of two different things, AS IF, there are the same, but are not.

Have no sin…is possessing sin in the body.
Do no sin…….is an act of behavior.
Sin no more…is an act of behavior which no longer applies.
Sin no more according to Scripture applies to a person born again, of God, precisely, Gods SEED.

Then people have to be on the same page as to WHAT ‘SIN’ is….which most seem to be of the opinion is ANYTHING God does not LIKE or Approve.
Personally, i disagree with ^ that.

God Bless you,
Glory to God,
Taken

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then people have to be on the same page as to WHAT ‘SIN’ is….which most seem to be of the opinion is ANYTHING God does not LIKE or Approve.
Personally, i disagree with ^ that.
My view of sin, is that it is a state, as opposed to the state of sinlessness, whereby one is restored to the position of that of Adam, not only as he was before he fell (innocent), but as if he had eaten only of the tree of life, gaining zoe life. It will include the thoughts. What is yours?

God Bless you,
Thanks and you.