The Bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Paul is writing about the roles of husbands and wives in Ephesians 5. The role model for the Christian husband is Jesus Christ Himself. Here is the passage:
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish” (Eph. 5:25-27).
Yes, Jesus is coming back for a spotless bride. However, the bride is not spotless because of her efforts. Look at verse 26. It is Jesus Himself who does the cleansing.

And, why does He do that?

Verse 27 answers that question:

“That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.”

Notice, Jesus cleanses the Church, His bride, in order so that HE might present the Church to Himself without spot or wrinkle, and any such thing. The spotlessness of the Church as the Bride of Christ is entirely the result of what Jesus has been doing to prepare us, the Church, for Himself.
But, what about when we sin? Surely that is a “spot” or a “wrinkle”, isn’t it?
Ahh, but we must not overlook how God the Father has justified us. That means that He credits us, or counts us, as being as perfectly righteous as He Himself is. Clothed in the righteousness that is by faith in Jesus, we have no “spot” or “wrinkle.” We who believe in Jesus ARE a “spotless bride” because of Him, not ourselves.

Yes, Jesus took care of that at the cross. It’s a “done deal.”

Now, Revelation DOES mention the Bride, so let’s look at that.

“Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints” (Rev. 19:7-8).
The fine linen we are clothed in is “the righteousness of saints.” Going back to justification by faith, we now know the “fine linen” is what we are clothed in because of what Jesus has done!
Yes, Jesus is indeed coming back for a spotless bride, and her spotlessness is the end result of what Jesus has done for us.

A Christian song says this:

Oh, how He loves you and me
Oh, how He loves you and me.
He gave His life, what more could He give?
Oh how he loves you.
Oh, how He loves me.
Oh, how He loves you and me!

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only Jesus can make us “ without spot or wrinkle “
Yet it says “ The Bride has made herself ready” . I don’t think ‘ready’ can mean ‘perfect’....
Maybe yielded and waiting expectantly for His appearing ?
The five Virgins were ready....five were not.
Neither were perfect...but 5 AWAKE and watching...

I am just musing on this...:)

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I don’t think ‘ready’ can mean ‘perfect’.... I just luv these people!>> the women that threaded this handle is ByGrace is this like an Oxymoron or what?? do these people believe what they believe or just thread and thread without thinking ?? Now this women handle on this is bygrace and I'm thinken by grace you are saved!! but then she is saying >>>>I don’t think ‘ready’ can mean ‘perfect’.... ??? But then she starts rambling on about the five virgins MMMMMM I'm really starting to think she has no clue what the BRIDE OF CHIRST MEANS IN THE BIBLE! she has no understanding and no Idea!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
that why I made a post of the Falling away of the church in the end times has happened!!
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I was reading that about 100,000,000 so called Christians have really no idea about bible prophecy, And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading that about 100,000,000 so called Christians have really no idea about bible prophecy,

And you do?

default_24.gif

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The Bible really spells the falling away of the Church and We are up to Our Eye Balls into IT~!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t think ‘ready’ can mean ‘perfect’.... I just luv these people!>> the women that threaded this handle is ByGrace is this like an Oxymoron or what?? do these people believe what they believe or just thread and thread without thinking ?? Now this women handle on this is bygrace and I'm thinken by grace you are saved!! but then she is saying >>>>I don’t think ‘ready’ can mean ‘perfect’.... ??? But then she starts rambling on about the five virgins MMMMMM I'm really starting to think she has no clue what the BRIDE OF CHIRST MEANS IN THE BIBLE! she has no understanding and no Idea!
Coming on here and being super rude to a beloved person on this forum, is neither a good idea or a Christian thing to do....You should watch your tongue, as it states in the Bible very clearly what that can bring..So let me guess....You are someone who actually thinks you can come on here and just bully everyone into thinking what you think? Well, take a number..

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was reading that about 100,000,000 so called Christians have really no idea about bible prophecy, And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Please notice it says EARS

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what the BRIDE OF CHIRST MEANS IN THE BIBLE!
sorry, what?
that why I made a post of the Falling away of the church in the end times has happened!!
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
ha, you're kidding, right?
wow, if only you could read this from...any other pov, lol. Because the point is totally coming across, only you are not on the end that you think you are on, so it becomes like sad/hilarious? Ironic? And that it is coming from "blessedhope" is just kind of like, icing or something lol.

This mirrors what Scripture says about prophets and prophecy, too; i'm trying to tie this all together so it makes some kind of sense to you...ya, guess i won't be able to, sorry. Beyond ironic though, gotta tell ya.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Coming on here and being super rude to a beloved person on this forum, is neither a good idea or a Christian thing to do....You should watch your tongue, as it states in the Bible very clearly what that can bring..So let me guess....You are someone who actually thinks you can come on here and just bully everyone into thinking what you think? Well, take a number..
ah, so it isn't just me. I still don't get it tbh, what was that all about? ByGrace, were you not aware of blessedhopes laws or something? lol. I'm sure someone can shoot you a copy so you can review it before you post again snarf.

Reactions: Butterfly and pia

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Coming on here and being super rude to a beloved person on this forum>>????>>> Because have a diff>>theology then you?? and I disagree>> and that is rude??>>> O I can get really rude if you want me to>> I will thread what the sword of GodJesus really says not your fables Enjoy

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming on here and being super rude to a beloved person on this forum>>????>>> Because have a diff>>theology then you?? and I disagree>> and that is rude??>>> O I can get really rude if you want me to>> I will thread what the sword of GodJesus really says not your fables Enjoy

Are you going to "thread" it or are you going to use someone else's words?

You should change your name to Mr. Cut & Paste because that's all you know how to do.

Reactions: Butterfly and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you'll have to quote me some Scripture for that, wadr. I won't even ask for two there (a Witness); one will do for now. Perhaps Job can help.
Can't tell you if there is one.....This one came through experience