The Bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ahhh, but KNOWING brings love, peace, joy, life, awe, and too many others to mention
my brief search reveals those as being the fruit of the spirit, not the fruit of knowledge per se. But i guess we will just quickly devolve into a semantics discussion there lol

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can't tell you if there is one.....This one came through experience
but perhaps it will suffice it to say that Scripture tells us 18For with much wisdom is much sorrow; as knowledge increases, grief increases for some likely important reason

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you'll have to quote me some Scripture for that, wadr. I won't even ask for two there (a Witness); one will do for now. Perhaps Job can help.

"That I may know Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;....
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Isn't our whole walk all about coming to know more and more about Him?
I agree that truth is not always knowing. Truth can be revealed to us, but it is ours to accept or reject. In acceptance comes a knowing.
And we know the God type of knowing....over and over we read in the OT and so and so knew her...etc this the intimacy. This is what God created man for. This is how God could express His love..rather than just BE Love, He made it possible to show His love.
This is the union, this is what our christian walk is all about, and this is what heaven will be about.
( another reason I do not believe in mans type of hell) :)
My two cents...

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Isn't our whole walk all about coming to know more and more about Him?
ya...i guess it is the "the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;.... that Paul "count not myself to have apprehended" even, that is hard to grasp in the context of "prize" or "joy." Of course the prize is usually stated as "being in heaven after you die," only it usually ends up somehow coming out "prolly not you, but at least me."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course the prize is usually stated as "being in heaven after you die," only it usually ends up somehow coming out "prolly not you, but at least me."

Yes, that is how some men preached it to us when we were little birds attending 'church' and sitting with our mouths open, being fed.
But when we study for ourselves we see that HE Himself is the prize of the
high calling. What IS 'heaven'... :)
I believe it is God Himself and all the wonders of His being.
Do I understand that...hahaha! NO...no idea how it will be..our tiny minds can't comprehend it....and neither do all those who post telling us how it will be. :D

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I luv the garbage>>MMM maybe I should tone it down>>MMM maybe MMM NO!!>>
Of course the prize is usually stated as "being in heaven after you die>> MM NO!! and Yes but !!!! "But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, and remain until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus shall we always be with the Lord. Therefore, comfort one another with these words." (I Thessalonians 4:13-18). And Then>>
Yes, that is how some men preached it to us when we were little birds attending 'church' and sitting with our mouths open, being fed.
But when we study for ourselves we see that HE Himself is the prize of the
high calling. MM notice what she says >> High calling<<>> All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away. these people are void of the blessedHope and they deny the bible talks about it!Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
You say BH>> how can you say that about them>MMMMM they dance all around it but never embrace it as their own!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@blessedhope I can't answer your posts because they are so confusing, I have no idea what you are trying to say! :rolleyes: