The Case Against the Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1 for example, destroys any notion that God is One Person

The argument for the trinity in Scripture is so weak, trinitarians go to verse is John 1:1, which mentions neither the trinity nor Jesus.

I’ve addressed the trinitarian projection onto this unitarian text dozens of times. It refers to God, not Jesus who is not even introduced until v12. John 1:1 fulfills Deutoronomy 18:15-18. It is not God in the flesh but his words.

Have you watched the videos I posted repeatedly on this?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The argument for the trinity in Scripture is so weak, trinitarians go to verse is John 1:1, which mentions neither the trinity nor Jesus.

I’ve addressed the trinitarian projection onto this unitarian text dozens of times. It refers to God, not Jesus who is not even introduced until v12. John 1:1 fulfills Deutoronomy 18:15-18. It is not God in the flesh but his words.

WHO is "the Word" in John 1:1? Who was "made flesh" in verse 14?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, care to respond from the Bible. what about John 1:1?

Yes, will only respond with this. There is much more to the bible than just John 1:1, and believe people can come to understanding that if they read the bible and in Colossians, and some of the other books that.

God was in Christ -> Reconciled the world. (2 Corinthians 5:19)
God was in Christ -> Matthew 1:22-23
God spoke the Word -> Created, Was God, and Was with God -> Word of God was part of God when God spoke -> Word created. What happened? -> John 1:14

What does all this mean?

Christ Jesus -> is the creator of all things because of God through Christ allowing creation.

God through the Word -> Spoke. God was in Christ -> created through Christ Jesus. God through Christ. God was in Christ. Christ was the Word of God - which God is the (Father).

You can see the Supremacy of the Son of God who was the expressed image of the - invisible God - The Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. Who He talked about constantly in and through the Gospels. Also the Apostles through out the letters note always about grace and peace, coming by and from the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15-28 -> Supremacy of the Son of God.

Please understand @ByGraceThroughFaith -> These are my own viewpoints when it comes down to looking at scripture and what it has to say.

You may believe that my thoughts and collection of data are wrong, and that they may not make sense. Hopefully may God give you the increase, and help you understand my words being spoken here in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

- Will not fight - Will not bicker, Will not argue - with anyone who is curious to know my own personal position.

- Will not tell you that you are wrong because you see things differently either -

Thank you for your question.​

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, will only respond with this. There is much more to the bible than just John 1:1, and believe people can come to understanding that if they read the bible and in Colossians, and some of the other books that.

God was in Christ -> Reconciled the world. (2 Corinthians 5:19)
God was in Christ -> Matthew 1:22-23
God spoke the Word -> Created, Was God, and Was with God -> Word of God was part of God when God spoke -> Word created. What happened? -> John 1:14

What does all this mean?

Christ Jesus -> is the creator of all things because of God through Christ allowing creation.

God through the Word -> Spoke. God was in Christ -> created through Christ Jesus. God through Christ. God was in Christ. Christ was the Word of God - which God is the (Father).

You can see the Supremacy of the Son of God who was the expressed image of the - invisible God - The Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. Who He talked about constantly in and through the Gospels. Also the Apostles through out the letters note always about grace and peace, coming by and from the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15-28 -> Supremacy of the Son of God.

Please understand @ByGraceThroughFaith -> These are my own viewpoints when it comes down to looking at scripture and what it has to say.

You may believe that my thoughts and collection of data are wrong, and that they may not make sense. Hopefully may God give you the increase, and help you understand my words being spoken here in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

- Will not fight - Will not bicker, Will not argue - with anyone who is curious to know my own personal position.

- Will not tell you that you are wrong because you see things differently either -

Thank you for your question.​

before you quote all these verses, just for starters deal with John 1:1, and show from this verse, that there are not Two distinct Persons Who are clearly called God?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conversation is over now @ByGraceThroughFaith

You take care, okay and may God give you the increase of knowledge involving His will, spiritual understanding and wisdom found in the Lord Christ Jesus that He gives freely unto us all.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you ignore what I have said, because honestly you cannot disprove it!

I have proven it repeatedly. You are just ignoring it just as you are ignoring the many verses that identify God to be synonymous with the Father.

God is exclusively associated with the Father many times throughout Scripture, including ALL of the Epistles. So, God = Father alone and no one else. God and the Father are synonyms in Scripture. NOTE: The failure to acknowledge the non-existent 3rd person of the trinity in the following verses.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
Psalm 89:26

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

For us, there is one God, the Father
1 Corinthians 8:6

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
Colossians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.
Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.
1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father.
2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father
2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father.
Revelation 1:6

Many times Scripture identifies God the Father. Not once does Scripture identify God the Son or God the Holy Spirit. Proof text.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I want to respond to what you have on your replies

"The trinity is not in the Bible. The entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day. Therefore, projecting trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text is futile"

Here is a video by a former Jew, on the Holy Trinity

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is exclusively associated with the Father many times throughout Scripture, including ALL of the Epistles. So, God = Father alone and no one else. God and the Father are synonyms in Scripture. NOTE: The failure to acknowledge the non-existent 3rd person of the trinity in the following verses.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

is Jesus God
Does He have a divine nature?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is not about him going to the Father. The text in John 20:17 says Father, yes, but it also explicitly says God. That is my question; do you believe Jesus went to God (as the text explicitly states)?
God is the Father...
I am not going to keep this up...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Father is God
The son is God
The HS is God

Not what Scripture says. Scripture says there is only one God and that is the Father. Not once does Scripture say either the son or HS are God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not what Scripture says. Scripture says there is only one God and that is the Father. Not once does Scripture say either the son or HS are God.

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Jn 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

In 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. The trinity is not even in the Bible, not the word, not the idea. See post #704.

your argument is MOOT! The term Millennium is not in the Bible either, and yet we know that from Revelation 20, Jesus Christ will one Day Reign during this time. The Trinity is a formulated Doctrine of the Holy Bible, which is also clearly taught in the Old Testament, as I have shown in another thread. Isaiah 48 and The Holy Trinity, feel free to show me to be wrong, if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.