• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Trinnie Ninnies and Not-Godder Plodders try to push the origin of Trinity doctrines way into the 5th century -- apparently oblivious to the fact that Trinitarian symbols are found in the Catacombs -- well before 5th century

Hoo-Wah !

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert - the Rangers be HooWahing out in San Francisco, tied 1-1 right now...

I hope your Greek can beat up the Greek of the NonTrinnies/NotGodders

Long ago, I had 4 semesters of Koine Greek - but my once-steel-trap mind is rusting out

Ananias lied to the Holy Ghost and lied to God. So did Saphira. They DROPPED DEAD.

Uh Oh - Giants scored to go ahead of Rangers...

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Act 5:3

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Act 5:4

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Hoo-wah! Holy Ghost be GOD!
Ummm... Has anyone said otherwise?
Paul in Romans confirms the above adding that the Son is in the mix as well, b but none of that necessarily confirms the Trinity as decided by the councils and declared in the so called confessions...
KJV Romans 8:9-11
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert - the Rangers be HooWahing out in San Francisco, tied 1-1 right now...

I hope your Greek can beat up the Greek of the NonTrinnies/NotGodders

Long ago, I had 4 semesters of Koine Greek - but my once-steel-trap mind is rusting out

Ananias lied to the Holy Ghost and lied to God. So did Saphira. They DROPPED DEAD.

Uh Oh - Giants scored to go ahead of Rangers...
That's Army Rangers

I don't do Greek with such people. It is nothing but a snare to seduce people into.

First Principles are proven easily by Scripture written plainly in one's own language.

That is why they are the First Principles. That which babes can read for themselves and know easily. (Heb 5)

It is the deceit of the devil to make things more complicated than God made them.

I mean, you got to do a whole lot of Greek digging to come up with Jesus Christ was a created being to help the Big Lord Jehovah 'perform' the creation.

Childish paganvillia

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh - Army Rangers...

I was Air Force, and now follow Texas rangers and Houston Astros

interesting thoughts on Greek

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO Triune GodHead? Well, Precious friends, According To The HOLY Scriptures!:

The THREE-In-ONE GodHead!

{aka "The Case FOR The Trinity!"}

Concerning critics teaching "NO such THREE Are ONE GodHead! Doctrine":

(A) The Holy Spirit Is The God That "Ananias And Sapphira lied to!"
(Acts 5 : 3-4 KJB!).

(B) The Holy Spirit IS The God That Raised JESUS CHRIST From The Dead!,
(Romans 8 : 9-11 cp 1 Corinthians 6 : 14; 2 Corinthians 4 : 14; 1 Peter 3 : 18)

(C) The Holy Spirit IS The Omnipresent God That Dwells IN All "believers,"
Being The "Blessed Teacher!," For: Understanding!
(Romans 8 : 9-11 cp 1 Corinthians 3 : 16, 6 : 19, 2 : 13!)

Is JESUS CHRIST The Almighty God? What Saith The Pure
And Holy Written WORD Of God, The SCRIPTURES?

The First 13 { of 150+ } SCRIPTURAL “Reasons” {Evidence!}
JESUS CHRIST Is Almighty God:

1) God Was Manifest In The Flesh! (1 Timothy 3 : 16)
JESUS CHRIST Was Manifest In The Flesh! (John 1 : 14)

2) JESUS CHRIST Is EMMANUEL
“interpreted = God With us!" (Matthew 1 : 21-23)

3) The SON, JESUS CHRIST Is Called
God, By HIS Own Father!
(Hebrews 1 : 8)

4) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The Great God And Saviour!
(Titus 2 : 13)

5) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The Mighty God!
(Isaiah 9 : 6 cp Jeremiah 32 : 18)

6) JESUS CHRIST Is Called
The True God And Eternal Life!
(1 John 5 : 20)

7) JESUS CHRIST Is Over All, God,
Blessed For Ever. Amen!
(Romans 9 : 5)

8) ALL the angels of God Worship HIM!
(Hebrews 1 : 6), therefore, It Is Impossible
for JESUS CHRIST to be = “Michael the archANGEL!”

Therefore, All The “Evidence” In The Pure And Holy WORD Of God
Plainly And Clearly Teaches All
“humble” students that:

JESUS CHRIST Is God Almighty! Amen?

9) JESUS CHRIST was WORSHIPPED!
(Matthew 2 : 11, 14 : 33, 28 : 9; Luke 24 : 52)
Not once did JESUS Say, "See thou do it not,"
as "an angel NOT to be worshipped," spoke
in Revelation 19 : 10, And, 22 : 8-9!

Since ONLY The LORD God is to be worshipped!
(Exodus 34 : 14; Psalms 29 : 2, 45 : 11, 86 : 9, et al;
Matthew 4 : 10; Luke 4 : 8; Revelation 22 : 9):

Holy SCRIPTURE Clearly Teaches us JESUS CHRIST Is God!

10) Every knee shall bow, and "every tongue"
shall confess to GOD!
(Romans 14 : 11; Isaiah 45 : 21-23).

The GOD
"every tongue is confessing to,”
Is The LORD JESUS CHRIST! (Philippians 2 : 11)

to be continued...

A secondary and back door defense of the trinity also comes from Satan himself! Satan is the great counterfeiter and imitator and loves makes false replicas of the real to confuse people.

Let us look at the OT& history and see:

1. Most pagan religions had a triad of gods overseeing all other gods.
2. A virgin would give birth to a god-man
3. The demi-gods were the byproduct of the angels having sex with human women.
4. Pyramids were his choice of building temples of worship
5. a god-man would die and rise again.
6. over 200 flood legends
7. The counterfeit trinity of REvelation (dragon, beast, false prophet who seals).

While this is a secondary defense, it is a powerful secondary defense considering the great imitator would use all these to promote the ancient false religions.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God!
Holy Spirit is God!

Johannine Comma is true!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
There were many Trinitarian symbols IN THE CATACOMBS - well before "5th century"

What people my interpret as a Trinity symbol and the idea of God as three in one are two different things. The modern concept of the Trinity, three, coequal, coeternal, persons was not established as doctrine until the Fifth century in the Athanasian Creed. If we read this creed and the Nicene creed we find that they are vastly different. The Nicene creed is what the first Christians believed. The Athanasian creed from around 450 AD. differs markedly.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasian Creed is more of a CURSE than a creed, and I highly doubt that Athanasius himself wrote it.
In the Anglican BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER. that creed has been "demoted" in recent years, being moved from a spot equal to Nicene and Apostles - and now in a "Historical Section" of book of common prayer

The Cappadocians - Basil, his brother Gregory and his other brother Gregory - had much to say on Trinity - Gregory of Nazianzus died 394 AD - so "5th Century" is a too late to put Trinitarian doctrine

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cappadocians - Basil, his brother Gregory and his other brother Gregory - had much to say on Trinity - Gregory of Nazianzus died 394 AD - so "5th Century" is a too late to put Trinitarian doctrine

The Roman Emperor Constantine merged the Christian Faith with Roman Paganism resulting in the Roman Catholic Church around 300 A.D.; and the Council of Nicea birthed the Trinity Doctrine in 325 A.D.

So, ... 4th Century?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 5:3

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Act 5:4

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Hoo-wah! Holy Ghost be GOD!

The “evidence” here is supposed to be that Peter first says that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit. Then he turns around and says that Ananias lied to God. The supposition being, evidently, that the one lie [or deception] could only be directed to one person. Therefore the Holy Spirit “must” be God!

This type of reasoning is painfully ridiculous at best! Ananias actually lied directly to the Apostles! So this type of “reasoning” applies even more strongly to the Apostles than it does to the Holy Spirit! By using this “evidence” we could say with equal credibility that Peter is saying the Apostles are God when he says “you have not lied to men but to God”!

We can see a similar idea at Mark 9:37 -
“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me [so trinitarian-type ‘evidence’ proves this child is Jesus!]; and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.” - RSV.

So receiving the child is actually receiving the Son and the Father! The child, then, “must” be God Himself (by trinitarian standards of evidence)!

I’m sure the truth of this matter must be apparent to all objective persons. But, for good measure, you might examine such scriptures as Matt. 25:40 and Luke 10:16 and compare them with Acts 5:4. We can also see a similar usage in the rest of Acts 5:3, 4. In 5:3 we see that Satan filled Ananias’ heart to lie. But in 5:4 we find that Ananias himself conceived this thing in his heart. So this trinitarian-type evidence “reveals” another essential “mystery”: Satan is Ananias! Also analyze 1 Thess. 4:2, 6, 8; 1 Cor. 8:12; and James 4:11.

One of Christendom’s favorite trinitarians (and one of the humblest men found in history), St. Francis of Assisi, made an interesting statement that should be compared with Peter’s statement at Acts 5:3, 4. St. Francis said after receiving some clothing from a friend:

“Nothing could be better for me than these. I take them thankfully as your alms. You have given them to God.” - p. 66, Richest of the Poor - The Life of St. Francis of Assisi, Theodore Maynard, 1949.

Isn’t it obvious that, by willfully rebelling against the holy spirit (the motivating force sent by God) by lying to the Apostles, Ananias was also lying to God?

Last edited:

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can one prove that these symbols were placed there in that era?

Trinity-Bashers logic : Deluded Trinitarians deliberately placed Trinitarian symbols in catacombs to throw people off about their doctrine of demons - the Trinity

And also - Peter was wrong when he said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and God

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place is getting to be almost as bad as Theology Forums.com with the running wild of the TRINITY-KILLERS

At ChristianForums.com - acceptance of the Nicene Creed - and Trinity - is still a requirement to be a Christian

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:
how can one prove that these symbols were placed there in that era?

Hemlock said:
Trinity-Bashers logic : Deluded Trinitarians deliberately placed Trinitarian symbols in catacombs to throw people off about their doctrine of demons - the Trinity

My question was 100% logical and reasonable. The fact that your only response was contempt and casting shade never supports any case of debate. In a court of law, the case would be dropped on the spot if that was your only response.

If you have no good answer to prove your position using scripture or some other official records, etc., then maybe you should look into it for yourself. Are you above learning something here? None of us should be.

Truth should be all that matters; not just being right.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the Truth, He will either quit being mistaken or cease being honest." -Richard Humpal

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place is getting to be almost as bad as Theology Forums.com with the running wild of the TRINITY-KILLERS

At ChristianForums.com - acceptance of the Nicene Creed - and Trinity - is still a requirement to be a Christian
Do a simple Google search for 'Catacombs a hangout for youth' and you will find countless articles about teenagers and college age kids running around down in those tunnels for many decades now.

A relevant point.