The " catching up " rapture must be so very very close!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The global conflagrations described in Revelation will not take place until after the Rapture — that is until after God has evacuated His people from the planet.
Some ask what is holding things up. Why doesn’t God just get on with it? 2 Peter 3:9 answers. “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
God’s “slowness” is a result of His mercy. But He will not delay forever. In the Old Testament, Israel came under God’s judgement many times. Over and over, they failed to live up to the bargain they made with God. They sinned. The rejected Him, His messengers, and His word. But the thing that often triggered His actual judgements was harm to children. For instance, when they engaged in child sacrifice to idols.

Children are being abused on an institutional level today, and it’s happening all over the world. Millions are being slain in the womb. If they survive those early days, psychological tricks are played on them in their classrooms and in their entertainments — tricks designed to inoculate them against receiving the Gospel and tricks made to confuse them and make them miserable. Could these things trigger the time of judgement on the earth? Yes.

In the meantime, every day is an act of God’s mercy and kindness, giving people time and space to come to Him, and allowing those of us who know Him to preach the Gospel to the whole world. Jesus said in John 9:4 (NASB), “We must work the works of Him who sent Me, as long as it is day; night is coming, when no man can work.” HalLindsey.
Antisemitism is just one aspect of the ancient evil. It can be described more generally as open rebellion against God. God loves people, so the ancient evil hates people. God chose one people for the task of presenting Himself to the world through His words and the Word. So, the evil does everything it can to engender hatred against the chosen nation, and especially toward a Jew called Jesus Christ, the Word incarnate.
What is the answer? Be faithful. If you are a Christian, draw close to the Lord. Pray fervently. Study His Word. Stand as a friend to Israel. It is not that they can do no wrong. They can, and often do, make egregious errors. They have embraced many of the same sins and ungodly attitudes that are bringing about America’s moral freefall.
But in all that, remember God’s Word. Israel is what God says that it is. Jewish people=the apple of God's eye!!

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the rapture must be close. It is the blessed hope.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ask what is holding things up. Why doesn’t God just get on with it?
What is holding up the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto him?

2 Thess 2:1-3
3-For that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

That is what is holding it up. The apostasy and the man of sin revealed.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the rapture must be close. It is the blessed hope.
The rapture is not our blessed hope. Christ manifestation is our blessed hope.

epipháneia (from 1909 /epí, "on, fitting," which intensifies 5316 /phaínō, "show forth, appear") – properly, a fitting manifestation (literally, "an epiphany")

It is found only 6 times in scripture.

2 Tim 4:1
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

His blessed hope manifestation happens in his Kingdom at the 7th Trumpet per Rev 11.

2 Thess 2:8 shows Christ's manifestation happens at the 2nd advent and no other time. Our blessed hope which also coincides with the 7th trumpet.

2 Tim 4:8 spoke about his manifestation on that day...the day he just spoke of in verse 1 at his Kingdom. None of this is applicable on a pre-TB timeline.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is not our blessed hope. Christ manifestation is our blessed hope.

epipháneia (from 1909 /epí, "on, fitting," which intensifies 5316 /phaínō, "show forth, appear") – properly, a fitting manifestation (literally, "an epiphany")

It is found only 6 times in scripture.

2 Tim 4:1
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

His blessed hope manifestation happens in his Kingdom at the 7th Trumpet per Rev 11.

2 Thess 2:8 shows Christ's manifestation happens at the 2nd advent and no other time. Our blessed hope which also coincides with the 7th trumpet.

2 Tim 4:8 spoke about his manifestation on that day...the day he just spoke of in verse 1 at his Kingdom. None of this is applicable on a pre-TB

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

That verse is referring to the rapture, the blessed hope, the completion of our salvation, i.e. the redemption of our bodies.

In Revelation 11, the sounding of the 7th trumpet is not tied to the rapture. The 7th trumpet sounds and the mystery of God (Revelation 10:7) to take the kingdoms of this world out from under Satan and his angels mystical kingdom of Babylon the great begins. The dismantling of Satan and his angels kingdom begins with Satan and his angels cast down to earth. From that point, Satan will have but a time, times, half times before his kingdom is completely destroyed.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture only happens once the GT is over so it is not close. We are always at least 42 months away from it since the events of Rev 13 have not started yet.

Reactions: Davy

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture only happens once the GT is over so it is not close. We are always at least 42 months away from it since the events of Rev 13 have not started yet.
You hold the post-trib view. Others, like myself, hold the pre-trib and anytime (before the transgression of desolation act by the Antichrist) view. We are the ones that believe the rapture must be very close.

Last edited:

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of us who think that the rapture must be very close, the waters are crystal clear.
Understood Douggg...

Can you be "crystal clear" about how soon or how close...or what it is that tells you we are "closer?"

Redd...:)

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ask what is holding things up. Why doesn’t God just get on with it? 2 Peter 3:9 answers. “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”

There's your answer right there. His mercy. I dunno if I should say this, lol. But I will anyway. I heard that the rapture has actually been delayed . That Father God was about to give the ok to go and relented because if He did relent and give more time, then it would be an even greater harvest for Him. Just like 2 Peter says. If we get raptured and a portion of the earth people are gone they which remain will prolly recko us dead because we are gone.

People dont like to say goodbye. When a loved one dies and goes to be with the Lord, what do they do? They cry and start a prayer chain! and a lot of the time, they people come back somehow because God saw their tears and heard their anguish. But has anyone ever considered how this makes God feel when we do that ??

Here they on on earth for say 87 years. They once were lost but now they are found and God and all heaven rejoices!! Right? And He's coming home Lord!! Here he comes.....but then a dozen prayer Angels swoop down in front of the man and deliver the tears and prayers from the mans earth family and church friends who ar praying for the man to live! And God is big softie towards these that He loves so He grants their request and extends the mans life....The man was almost home to God, and us selfish earthlings ripped the man out of Gods hands and said, NOT NOW!! And you know God, He prolly had a real nice reception party planned for this one!. Not now though. Geez how rude is that! I bet that irritates God on some level!.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood Douggg...

Can you be "crystal clear" about how soon or how close...or what it is that tells you we are "closer?"

Redd...:)
The closeness is because of two reasons.

1. the parable of the fig tree generation timeframe is near an end for the 7 years preceding Jesus's return to take place.

i.e. 2037 as the latest for Jesus's return. And the 7 years prior, at the latest 2030.

2. the nearest of the Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 39. The 7 years begin right after the destruction of God's army. The 7 years are in
Ezekiel 39:9-10. Jesus's Second Coming in Ezekiel 39:21-29.

Gog's army strongest military component will be Russia. And we see Russia involved in a war with Ukraine, that is taking a toll on the Russian commitment to that war.

In Ezekiel 38:4 , God says he will turn Gog back and drag him into the Gog/Magog attack on Israel.

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

So what appears close to happening is that Russia will withdraw from the Ukraine war, and will be in the process of bringing its military back to Russia, when the Muslims decide to attack Israel. And because of Russia's interests with the Muslim nations will be drawn into the attack.

The other factor is that the little horn person must revealed to who he is before Gog/Magog, as the little horn person will be the prince that shall come in Daniel 9:27, who will be perceived following Gog/Magog by the Jews as their long awaited messiah.

imo, Zelensky of Ukraine could be that person. Too early to tell for certain. But if he becomes leader of a panel of ten EU leaders, that will be pretty much of a lock that he is the guy.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might all depend on what Trump does. If it gets too thick, then God could go ahead and pull the plug on it all and come for His Bride the church.

I bet that means that Trump would be gone also?! Boy they would slam a real bad into place then.

I dont think we have until 2030. That feels like too long to me. If Trump does good maybe 2028? (I hope so!)

• Haha
Reactions: Adrift

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might all depend on what Trump does. If it gets too thick, then God could go ahead and pull the plug on it all and come for His Bride the church.

I bet that means that Trump would be gone also?! Boy they would slam a real bad into place then.

I dont think we have until 2030. That feels like too long to me. If Trump does good maybe 2028? (I hope so!)
I have to laugh at all that; as if Trump's behavior can change God's Plans! Funny!

What the 'shadow government' has been doing to try and destroy Trump should be a major 'sign' that Trump turning things around is not in God's Plan. I wish it were, but I will stay with what God says in His Word, and keep 'watching' the SIGNs of the end that Jesus gave us leading up to His future return.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the 'shadow government' has been doing to try and destroy Trump should be a major 'sign' that Trump turning things around is not in God's Plan. I wish it were, but I will stay with what God says in His Word, and keep 'watching' the SIGNs of the end that Jesus gave us leading up to His future return.

And what if the shadow government fails destroy Trump, would it not be a sign that the opposite is happening?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if the shadow government fails destroy Trump, would it not be a sign that the opposite is happening?
Those who understand prophecy for the end written in God's Word understand that Trump cannot succeed in turning things around. If he gets in office, he may help us temporarily, but in time Lucifer's children will take back over, just like how they did before. It's important to realize that this 2nd world earth age was pre-ordained to be destroyed by fire. This present time is our not are real home. So it is futile to dream of a better world during this present 2nd world earth age, as believing that is actually in opposition to God's written Word.

Heb 12:25-29
25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him That spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

27 And this word, "Yet once more", signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.
KJV

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who understand prophecy for the end written in God's Word understand that Trump cannot succeed in turning things around. If he gets in office, he may help us temporarily, but in time Lucifer's children will take back over, just like how they did before. It's important to realize that this 2nd world earth age was pre-ordained to be destroyed by fire. This present time is our not are real home. So it is futile to dream of a better world during this present 2nd world earth age, as believing that is actually in opposition to God's written Word.

Discerning the times and seasons can be tricky. Those alive during World War 2 would have reasonably assumed Hitler was the antichrist and the end was near. Certainty, the things talked about in prophecy will happen. The question is, is that time now? Personally, I think God still has some surprises for us.

“Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. (Hab 1:5)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discerning the times and seasons can be tricky. Those alive during World War 2 would have reasonably assumed Hitler was the antichrist and the end was near.
Not necessarily. The Christian perspective about the fulfilling of Bible prophecy is not necessarily the Jew's perspective, as also not the same as the occultist like those who believed Nostradamus' prophecies.

Certainty, the things talked about in prophecy will happen. The question is, is that time now? Personally, I think God still has some surprises for us.
Jesus laid the order out for us in His Olivet discourse linked with His Book of Revelation. So if people won't pay attention to that, then why would He give us a future surprise? As a matter of fact, Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5 showed with the "day of the Lord" when many Bible prophecies will culminate, that those in Christ are not to be surprised by it, but to remain sober (spiritually awake and watching).

“Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. (Hab 1:5)
That prophecy in Habakkuk 1 was originally about God sending the historical Chaldeans to destroy Jerusalem. It can... be used for the final Antichrist also, in the symbolic sense for the end, but the events for the end are going to be more about spiritual desolation by 'deception' than by a literal destruction of Jerusalem like in the past.

The Antichrist coming to Jerusalem is not coming to physically destroy like Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon did. He instead is coming to play The Messiah, and fool the world into bowing in worship to him as GOD with the working of miracles to show it. I keep referring brethren to this specific warning for the very end as written in God's Word, but it just goes right over the head of many.

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
KJV

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The closeness is because of two reasons.

1. the parable of the fig tree generation timeframe is near an end for the 7 years preceding Jesus's return to take place.

i.e. 2037 as the latest for Jesus's return. And the 7 years prior, at the latest 2030.

2. the nearest of the Gog/Magog event of Ezekiel 39. The 7 years begin right after the destruction of God's army. The 7 years are in
Ezekiel 39:9-10. Jesus's Second Coming in Ezekiel 39:21-29.

Gog's army strongest military component will be Russia. And we see Russia involved in a war with Ukraine, that is taking a toll on the Russian commitment to that war.

In Ezekiel 38:4 , God says he will turn Gog back and drag him into the Gog/Magog attack on Israel.

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

So what appears close to happening is that Russia will withdraw from the Ukraine war, and will be in the process of bringing its military back to Russia, when the Muslims decide to attack Israel. And because of Russia's interests with the Muslim nations will be drawn into the attack.

The other factor is that the little horn person must revealed to who he is before Gog/Magog, as the little horn person will be the prince that shall come in Daniel 9:27, who will be perceived following Gog/Magog by the Jews as their long awaited messiah.

imo, Zelensky of Ukraine could be that person. Too early to tell for certain. But if he becomes leader of a panel of ten EU leaders, that will be pretty much of a lock that he is the guy.
I'd say muddled speculation.