The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts are becoming increasingly idiotic.

First of all - what is a "papist website"?? Is it a website where Catholics post?? You think that this qualifies as a PRIMARY source??
How old are you, Phoneyman??

A Primary source would be an official document, declaration, decree or other directive from the Pope. It would be a Catechism or some other official Catholic document that shows the ordering of the selling of Indulgences. NO such declaration exists.

The Catholic Church has official decrees and documents on just about everything the Church has ever done or been involved in - doctrinally or not. the fact that YOU keep digging up SECONDARY sources is pathetic because you refuse to accept that you will never find a Primary source on the subject - because it never happened, Einstein.

If you had bothered to follow the link you posted and done your homework - you would see that the "list" that those 2 priests were added to ranged in dates from 1917 to the 1970's. That means the LATEST charge on that list is OVER 40 YEARS OLD.

Your arguments are as pathetic as your adherence to William Miller and E.G. White's false prophecies.
Any "Great disappointments" lately, Einstein?
Once again, your only evidence you will ever accept is a papal bull where Leo X officially decrees "Selling indulgences is now acceptable."

It doesn't exist, papist Dead Bread. What DOES exists are countless historic reports by BOTH Protestants and catholics like this priest's website which speak about the issue as if it is common knowledge...common to all of us except die hard, papist defenders of papist rapist priests, which reason seems to be a twisted coping mechanism by someone who has had a horrific experience with a papist rapist priest at some point in the past.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
non Catholics do the exact same thing when they present a manmade doctrine, trinity, original sin, etc and teach it as divine scripture when no such teaching exist in scripture.
remove the plank.
I don't have any planks named "original sin" or "trinity". I teach the moment of Adam's "original sin" in the Garden of which Adam and every single other one of us yet unborn became guilty (Romans 5:12 KJV) was the same moment Christ stepped in and took the guilt from us by virtue of His covenant promise with the Father to accept the responsibility of it, should man fall, which covenant was made "before the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8). We become guilty of sin when we ourselves sin, not because of anything Adam did (Romans 3:23).

And I teach the Godhead, not the Trinity.

I also teach the seventh-day Sabbath. Do you have a plank named "Christian Sabbath aka Sunday"?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supposing the papacy distinguished Sunday as a day set aside for Worshiping the Lord...
It bears worth mentioning that the papacy confidently boasts it changed the day of rest from the 7th to the first workday of the six day workweek.
God set a Calendar of sorts, by days and months and man for particularly "businesses" set a different Calendar for days and months. (Ie Georgian calendar/Julian calendar)...
The only calendar God established was the Jewish calendar - all others including those above are manmade.
Since JESUS' arrivial...and Establishment of the "CHURCH" and the "TEMPLE" WITHIN a Converted man;
the SABBATH, IMO, is no longer "A" PARTICULAR DAY to Worship the Lord.
IMO, Worshiping thee Lord God, is
Everyday, Anywhere, Anytime, without regard to a Building, or going to a Building, or having an Alter, or Incense, or Water, or Particular clothing, etc. The BEAUTY of the TEMPLE WITHIN, is No one can Force you or Stop you, from Worshiping thee Lord God, Any time, Any place.

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes, we are a "temple" in which God dwells with the added benefit of the absence of a veil between God and us. What wondrous love, amen? Look at Isaiah 42:21: It says Jesus came to "magnify the law, and make it honorable".

He didn't say it's OK to sleep with our neighbor's wife as long as we don't lust after her, or that we could kill our neighbor as long as we aren't angry with him...and He never said we could disregard the seventh day Sabbath as long as we're resting in Him, right or wrong? Magnifying the Sabbath rest is resting in Him, but the one does not cancel out the other.

Hebrews 4:9-10 says the opposite: it says if we're resting in Jesus, then we'll evidence that outward rest by literally resting on the Sabbath, for "he that hath entered into His rest, he hath ceased from his own works as God did from His." From what works did God rest? Literal works. If we have entered into the rest of Jesus, we'll show the world by resting from the same kind of work from which He rested - literal work.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, your only evidence you will ever accept is a papal bull where Leo X officially decrees "Selling indulgences is now acceptable."

It doesn't exist, papist Dead Bread. What DOES exists are countless historic reports by BOTH Protestants and catholics like this priest's website which speak about the issue as if it is common knowledge...common to all of us except die hard, papist defenders of papist rapist priests, which reason seems to be a twisted coping mechanism by someone who has had a horrific experience with a papist rapist priest at some point in the past.
WRONG again, Phoney.

EVERYTHING the Catholic Church has ever officially undertaken has an official decree or document. The fact that you can't find one speaks VOLUMES about your dishonesty.

The fact that you keep attacking priests for being "rapists" while ignoring the scandalous problem within your OWN cult speaks VOLUMES about your pathetic denial . Clean up the filthy mess in your OWN back yard before you go pointing fingers.
Can YOU say, "Hypocrite"??

Abuse At SDA Boarding School? | We Represent 10+ SDA Victims‎

SDA Abuse - Crew Janci LLP: Sexual Abuse Attorneys

A Global Review Of Child Sex Abuse Cases In The Adventist Church

Finding Justice for Victims of Sexual Abuse in the Seventh-day Adventist Church

Seventh-day Adventist church sued over allegations of abuse in youth

Seventh Day Adventists and Sexual Child Abuse - SAGE Books

Lawsuit says Adventist church should've prevented teacher's sex abuse

Adventist Pastor Accused of Sexual Abuse in Office - Courthouse News

Woman claims Seventh Day Adventists failed to protect her from sex .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It bears worth mentioning that the papacy confidently boasts it changed the day of rest from the 7th to the first workday of the six day workweek.
Good - then YOU should be able to show us the official document where the Pope stated that the "Papacy" changed the day to Sunday.

CAN you do that - or should we just look forward to another one of your pathetic secondary sources, Einstein??

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
All this means is that the term “Trinity” is not used in Scripture.
This does NOT mean, however, that this doctrine is not taught – as I showed you in my last post.

you may have got me on this one, i was pretty sure that both said there was no plain teaching.

The word “Incarnation” isn’t found in Scripture – but the doctrine is amply taught.
as in the Most High, who says He is not a man, became a man?

In fact - NONE of the following words are found in the Bible – but the concepts are definitely taught.
Atheism (Psalm 14:1)
Divinity (Psalm 139)
Incarnation (John 1:1, 14)
Monotheism (Isaiah 43:10; 44:8)

they may not have terms but some are plainly taught, the bible talks all about monotheism and how the Canaanits worship many gods and the Jews are only allowed to worship the one Most High. the Jews even had a proclamation )Shema) that their Most High was One. this was probably meant to separate themselves from the Canaanites who had many gods but at the top they had three gods that were equal. IMO this is one of the big reasons today why Jews will have nothing to do with the faith, its not their fault, they are not permitted to worship in such ways. however the Jews in the days of Jesus followed him everywhere, to me that would mean Jesus did not teach it.

back to the plain teaching thing, the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, He said "pray like this . . ."
thats a plain teaching.
there is no plain teaching on the trinity, the trinity is lots of passages taken from all over the bible, put back together and thus make your own teaching. not saying its false but when you present scripture out of context like this you can make a doctrine for anything.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I don't have any planks named "original sin" or "trinity". I teach the moment of Adam's "original sin" in the Garden of which Adam and every single other one of us yet unborn became guilty (Romans 5:12 KJV) was the same moment Christ stepped in and took the guilt from us by virtue of His covenant promise with the Father to accept the responsibility of it, should man fall, which covenant was made "before the foundation of the world" (Revelation 13:8). We become guilty of sin when we ourselves sin, not because of anything Adam did (Romans 3:23).

And I teach the Godhead, not the Trinity.

I also teach the seventh-day Sabbath. Do you have a plank named "Christian Sabbath aka Sunday"?
so i get punished for Adams sin when Ezekiel 18 says we are held accountable for our own sins. when i die and get judged, what crimes of other people will i get judged for?
when my daughter gets in trouble at school should i go a head and punish my son as well when he did nothing wrong?

B

brakelite

We become guilty of sin when we ourselves sin, not because of anything Adam did (Romans 3:23

so i get punished for Adams sin when Ezekiel 18 says we are held accountable for our own sins. when i die and get judged, what crimes of other people will i get judged for?
when my daughter gets in trouble at school should i go a head and punish my son as well when he did nothing wrong?
Please read again phonemans quote above... He agrees with you... We are each held accountable for our own actions.
Now I will not speak for phoneman: what we inherited from Adam was not the guilt of his disobedience, but the consequences. Add his children we inherited his sinful nature and this each of us now have the propensity to sin. In our carnal unconverted natures, sin is our King. Sin rules over us and there is no power in us to resist. However, once we are born again if the spirit of God and become God's children, we have died to that of carnal nature, and sin no longer reigns over us. We now have divine power available to us to overcome sin in all its insidious and deceptive rebellious forms.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again, Phoney.

EVERYTHING the Catholic Church has ever officially undertaken has an official decree or document. The fact that you can't find one speaks VOLUMES about your dishonesty.

The fact that you keep attacking priests for being "rapists" while ignoring the scandalous problem within your OWN cult speaks VOLUMES about your pathetic denial . Clean up the filthy mess in your OWN back yard before you go pointing fingers.
Can YOU say, "Hypocrite"??

Abuse At SDA Boarding School? | We Represent 10+ SDA Victims‎

SDA Abuse - Crew Janci LLP: Sexual Abuse Attorneys

A Global Review Of Child Sex Abuse Cases In The Adventist Church

Finding Justice for Victims of Sexual Abuse in the Seventh-day Adventist Church

Seventh-day Adventist church sued over allegations of abuse in youth

Seventh Day Adventists and Sexual Child Abuse - SAGE Books

Lawsuit says Adventist church should've prevented teacher's sex abuse

Adventist Pastor Accused of Sexual Abuse in Office - Courthouse News

Woman claims Seventh Day Adventists failed to protect her from sex .

So, all that hush money paid out to families of all those child victims that were assaulted by papist rapist priests didn't happen...because there was no papal bull authorizing the payments...got it.

Seek help, Dead Bread. What happened to you is not your fault.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good - then YOU should be able to show us the official document where the Pope stated that the "Papacy" changed the day to Sunday.

CAN you do that - or should we just look forward to another one of your pathetic secondary sources, Einstein??
Dead Bread, now you're just being stupid. www.RomesChallenge.com

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you fully understood what I wrote in post 262. No, we don't get punished for the sins of others.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read again phonemans quote above... He agrees with you... We are each held accountable for our own actions.
Now I will not speak for phoneman: what we inherited from Adam was not the guilt of his disobedience, but the consequences. Add his children we inherited his sinful nature and this each of us now have the propensity to sin. In our carnal unconverted natures, sin is our King. Sin rules over us and there is no power in us to resist. However, once we are born again if the spirit of God and become God's children, we have died to that of carnal nature, and sin no longer reigns over us. We now have divine power available to us to overcome sin in all its insidious and deceptive rebellious forms.
Thanks bro. Dennis Priebe has a great sermon called "Legacy of Ford". Very good. The first 10 minutes deal with what is rooted in Jesuit Loyola's "Spiritual Exercises" - where demonic forces answered his stubborn demands that God cross over the neutral zone of faith and reveal Himself experientially to him - now entering the church and promoted by leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I don't think you fully understood what I wrote in post 262. No, we don't get punished for the sins of others.
my apologies if i made a mistake:

but when im guilty of something before i am born, it sounds like i am being held accountable for something i did not do. sounds like the same ole original sin as always.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my apologies if i made a mistake:

but when im guilty of something before i am born, it sounds like i am being held accountable for something i did not do. sounds like the same ole original sin as always.
No worries. This issue is really important because there are those who say "sin is a condition" rather than "sin is a choice". Taking the wrong position has eternal consequences.

If sin is a condition in which my actions had nothing to do with me becoming trapped -- the basis of catholicism's "original sin", Calvinism's "Total Depravity", etc. -- that means I don't have anything to do with getting myself out; no personal responsibility; what I do has nothing to do with my salvation; I can keep on sinning and still go to heaven.

If sin is a choice, well then it is necessary for me to surrender my will to the Savior and by faith take hold of His overcoming power over temptation and sin, which victory belongs to Christ alone, seeing that I am completely helpless without Him...or suffer the consequences for refusing to do so.

Can you see why the first is so appealing to the majority of Christians?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as in the Most High, who says He is not a man, became a man?
God is spirit (John 2:24).
However, He manifested Himself as a man (John 1:1, John 1:14).
they may not have terms but some are plainly taught, the bible talks all about monotheism and how the Canaanits worship many gods and the Jews are only allowed to worship the one Most High. the Jews even had a proclamation )Shema) that their Most High was One. this was probably meant to separate themselves from the Canaanites who had many gods but at the top they had three gods that were equal. IMO this is one of the big reasons today why Jews will have nothing to do with the faith, its not their fault, they are not permitted to worship in such ways. however the Jews in the days of Jesus followed him everywhere, to me that would mean Jesus did not teach it.

back to the plain teaching thing, the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, He said "pray like this . . ."
thats a plain teaching.
there is no plain teaching on the trinity, the trinity is lots of passages taken from all over the bible, put back together and thus make your own teaching. not saying its false but when you present scripture out of context like this you can make a doctrine for anything.
WRONG.
I gave you literally DOZENS of verses that state incontrovertibly that God is manifest as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If that's not enough Scriptural support for you - then you simply lack faith in God and His Word . . .
Genesis 1:26
Matt. 28:19
John 15:26
1 Cor. 12:4-6
2 Cor. 13:14,
1 John 5:7
Ephesians 4:6
Psalm 68:5
Malachi 2:10
Isaiah 63:16
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
John 3:16
John 8:41
1 Thessalonians 3:13
Isaiah 7:14
Isaiah 9:6
Matt. 4:7
John 1:1
ohn 1:3
John 8:58
John 10:30
John 15:9
John 20:28
Acts 5:3-4
2 Corinthians 4:4
Philippians 2:6
Colossians 2:9
1 Timothy 3:16
Hebrews 1:8
Titus 2:13
John 14:16-18
Luke 12:10
2 Corinthians 13:5
John 14:23
Genesis 1:26
Matt. 28:19
John 15:26
1 Cor. 12:4-6
2 Cor. 13:14,
1 John 5:7
Ephesians 4:6
Psalm 68:5
Malachi 2:10
Isaiah 63:16
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
John 3:16
John 8:41
1 Thessalonians 3:13
Isaiah 7:14
Isaiah 9:6
John 1:1
John 1:3
John 8:58
John 10:30
John 15:9
John 20:28
2 Corinthians 4:4
Philippians 2:6
Colossians 2:9
1 Timothy 3:16
Hebrews 1:8
Titus 2:13
John 14:16-18
Luke 12:10
[/QUOTE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, all that hush money paid out to families of all those child victims that were assaulted by papist rapist priests didn't happen...because there was no papal bull authorizing the payments...got it.

Seek help, Dead Bread. What happened to you is not your fault.
I guess you'll never stop LYING - will you. No matter how offensive it is to God.

What "hush money"??
The people were awarded that money in LAWSUITS, Enstein.

There were legal penalties - but no "hush money" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, now you're just being stupid. www.RomesChallenge.com
Hmmmmmmm, another secondary source . . . .
Are you REALLY this dense - or is it just an act??

Your link is to a *Op-Ed piece in a local Catholic newspaper. This is HARDLY an official Church source, Einstein.
I asked you for an OFFICIAL document, declaration or decree from the Catholic Church - and once again, you LIED.

Your total ignorance and ineptitude takes all of the fun out of debating . . .

*PS - "Op-Ed" is short for Opinion Editorial.
An "opinion" is somebody's PERSONAL view - and nothing more . . .

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Biblical doctrines are infallible - especially the doctrine of the Trinity which has so much Scriptural support, as I showed you.

so the doctrine of discovery, its ok to kill native americans and take everything from them and the doctrine thats says the sun revolves around the sun, these ideas are just as true today as they were back then? half my family is Apache , your not going to kill us are you?