The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Baptized Catholic IS a born again Christian, Einstein.
Wrong wrong wrong, that's what happens when you put Tradition above God's Word...

John 1:11-13 NASB
[11] He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. [12] But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, [13] who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And if you study John 3, you will see that the new birth is tied into the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...

John 3:12-15 NASB
[12] If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. [14] As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; [15] so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB
[17] Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it intriguing that protestants are cheering hard line Catholics in their quest to get rid of the current pope. Francis isn't any more keen to establish a one world Catholic NWO than any of his predecessors. To accomplish this great milestone for Catholic supremacy had been the ambition for the Vatican for centuries. And if the current pope is viewed by Catholics as being a heretic to Catholicism then doesn't that make him one of us? We are all in that boat guys, one more passenger aint going to topple it over.
But no, Francis is a Jesuit. He is about as Catholic as anyone can get. If he appears otherwise it is because he intends it that way. Appearances are deceptive... And believe me, the Jesuits know all there is to know about deception.
Why the stark contrast between pre-Vatican II and post ?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong wrong wrong, that's what happens when you put Tradition above God's Word...

John 1:11-13 NASB
[11] He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. [12] But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, [13] who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

And if you study John 3, you will see that the new birth is tied into the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...

John 3:12-15 NASB
[12] If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. [14] As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; [15] so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB
[17] Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
WRONG.

And if YOU understood the implications of Baptism – you wouldn’t be fighting God on this . . .

We read the prophecy of Baptism in Ezekiel and its effects on the soul:

Ezek. 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water over you to make you clean
; from all your impurities and from all your idols I will cleanse you. I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

I will put my spirit within you so that you walk in my statutes, observe my ordinances, and keep them.

Jesus reminds Nicodemus of this in John’s Gospel . . .

John 3:5

Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be BORN AGAIN? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?” Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born ofWATER and SPIRIT.

Jesus isn’t talking about INITIAL birth. He is answering Nicodemus’s question about REBIRTH.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it intriguing that protestants are cheering hard line Catholics in their quest to get rid of the current pope. Francis isn't any more keen to establish a one world Catholic NWO than any of his predecessors. To accomplish this great milestone for Catholic supremacy had been the ambition for the Vatican for centuries. And if the current pope is viewed by Catholics as being a heretic to Catholicism then doesn't that make him one of us? We are all in that boat guys, one more passenger aint going to topple it over.
But no, Francis is a Jesuit. He is about as Catholic as anyone can get. If he appears otherwise it is because he intends it that way. Appearances are deceptive... And believe me, the Jesuits know all there is to know about deception.
I don’t know of any “hard-line Catholicstrying to get rid of the Pope.
Only those who claim to be Catholic – but are actually dissidents. These are in fact, Protestants claiming to be Catholic.

Nice try . . .

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

And if YOU understood the implications of Baptism – you wouldn’t be fighting God on this . . .

We read the prophecy of Baptism in Ezekiel and its effects on the soul:

Ezek. 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water over you to make you clean; from all your impurities and from all your idols I will cleanse you. I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

I will put my spirit within you so that you walk in my statutes, observe my ordinances, and keep them.

Jesus reminds Nicodemus of this in John’s Gospel . . .

John 3:5

Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be BORN AGAIN? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?” Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born ofWATER and SPIRIT.

Jesus isn’t talking about INITIAL birth. He is answering Nicodemus’s question about REBIRTH.
Nope, Ezekiel is speaking of God's future dealings with His Covenant people, the Jews.

With Nicodemus, water refers to the Word...

James 1:18 KJVS
[18] Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Ephesians 5:26 KJVS
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

I'm sorry, I feel this is all a waste of time, the same way it is a waste trying to convince cult members.

B

brakelite

Why the stark contrast between pre-Vatican II and post ?
One word. Appearances. At Vatican 2 it was principally the American bishops who forced the issue of religious freedom, and won some hard fought for concessions. But deep in the heart of the Vatican... The curia... Papal supremacy over man's conscience stands as solid as last weeks big Mac.

Reactions: prism

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, Ezekiel is speaking of God's future dealings with His Covenant people, the Jews.
With Nicodemus, water refers to the Word...

James 1:18 KJVS
[18] Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Ephesians 5:26 KJVS
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

I'm sorry, I feel this is all a waste of time, the same way it is a waste trying to convince cult members.
Perverting Scripture the way you do is always a waste of time.

Ezekiel 36:25-27
is a blindingly-clear prophecy of Baptismal regeneration. It speaks not only of the water - but of the change of heart and a new spirit. What "future dealing" - other than Baptism - does this have with the Jews??

I look forward to your explanation . . .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perverting Scripture the way you do is always a waste of time.

Ezekiel 36:25-27
is a blindingly-clear prophecy of Baptismal regeneration. It speaks not only of the water - but of the change of heart and a new spirit. What "future dealing" - other than Baptism - does this have with the Jews??

I look forward to your explanation . . .
Like I said, we are wasting each other's time. Have a nice life.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There are only two choices for the Christian: the one choice is to believe as this wonderful statement from the Review and Herald, Dec. 15, 1885, testifies about the relevancy and role of Scripture:

"The Bible, and the Bible alone, is to be our creed, the sole bond of union; all who bow to this Holy Word will be in harmony. Our own views and ideas must not control our efforts. Man is fallible, but God's Word is infallible...Let us meet all opposition as did our Master, saying, "It is written." Let us lift up the banner on which is inscribed, The Bible our rule of faith and discipline".

The other choice is to follow the philosophy of the papacy:

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the church ever did, happened in the first (actually, it was the third) century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed to Sunday...not from any directions noted in the Scriptures, but from the church's sense of it's own divine power...People who think the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become Seventh-day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." -- St. Catherine Catholic Church Sentinel, May 21, 1995
A warm thank-you to the papacy for their endorsement :)

non Catholics do the exact same thing when they present a manmade doctrine, trinity, original sin, etc and teach it as divine scripture when no such teaching exist in scripture.
remove the plank.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
non Catholics do the exact same thing when they present a manmade doctrine, trinity, original sin, etc and teach it as divine scripture when no such teaching exist in scripture.
What makes you think that trinity and original sin (as properly understood) are NOT in Scripture? Someone has been misleading you.

What you should really do is a proper PERSONAL study of these doctrines directly from the Bible. And if you claim that you have already done so, it would mean that you have REFUSED TO BELIEVE what God has said.

HERE IS THE TRINITY
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (Mt 28:19) If someone (like APAK) comes along and tells you that this is not genuine Scripture, they are lying through their teeth.

HERE IS ORIGINAL SIN
Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
(Rom 5:12)

Now if you are sincere and serious you will search the Scripture. But if you are a promoter of false doctrines you will argue with me, but I won't waste my time any further.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
What makes you think that trinity and original sin (as properly understood) are NOT in Scripture?
umm, because there are no such passages.
Someone has been misleading you.
its actually the other way around, my thoughts come from me and the bible, i was taught the same thing you were but after reading on my own, thinking for myself, i decided to unlearn most everything i was taught and start over from ground zero.

What you should really do is a proper PERSONAL study of these doctrines directly from the Bible.

i have which is why i made the statement

And if you claim that you have already done so, it would mean that you have REFUSED TO BELIEVE what God has said.
i believe the bible, not man. man has made mistakes since Adam.

HERE IS THE TRINITY
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost (Mt 28:19) If someone (like APAK) comes along and tells you that this is not genuine Scripture, they are lying through their teeth.

thats baptism, not the trinity. your reading in your own wishful thinking. if your were never taught the doctrine you dont make that conclusion.
a teaching would be Jesus calling together the 12 and saying something to the effect of "today I am going to explain the three different natures of the Most High . . . ." and no passage like that exist.
this is why the trinity is called a "doctrine".

if you want to believe in this doctrine, no problem, i would never tell you to believe different, if churches want to make it a community rule, great, but when someone starts teaching it is holy scripture taught by the Most High through the prophets, thats simply not true. any Catholic or Protestant encyclopedia will even say there is no plain teaching, its all interpretation, and interpretation is opinion. there was a time man interpreted scripture to believe the sun revolved around the earth, if you said different you could be killed.

HERE IS ORIGINAL SIN
Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
(Rom 5:12)
same issues as trinity doctrine

Now if you are sincere and serious you will search the Scripture. But if you are a promoter of false doctrines you will argue with me, but I won't waste my time any further.
if your sincere you will consider what i wrote but if your a promoter of mans teachings over the bible teachings then you will just ignore all facts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
umm, because there are no such passages.
its actually the other way around, my thoughts come from me and the bible, i was taught the same thing you were but after reading on my own, thinking for myself, i decided to unlearn most everything i was taught and start over from ground zero.

i have which is why i made the statement

i believe the bible, not man. man has made mistakes since Adam.

thats baptism, not the trinity. your reading in your own wishful thinking. if your were never taught the doctrine you dont make that conclusion.
a teaching would be Jesus calling together the 12 and saying something to the effect of "today I am going to explain the three different natures of the Most High . . . ." and no passage like that exist.
this is why the trinity is called a "doctrine".
WRONG.
The Bible is bursting at the seams with the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Trinity, as Shown in Scripture
Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Matt. 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Fatherthe Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

1 Cor. 12:4-6
"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."

2 Cor. 13:14,
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these THREE are ONE.

The Father is God
Ephesians 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:41
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued . . .

The Son is God
Isaiah 7:14

All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matt. 4:7
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

John 1:3
ALL things were made by HIM (Jesus); and without him was not ANY thing made that was made.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are one."

John 15:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 5:3-4
Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to GOD.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you *ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
*This word in Greek means, “another of the SAME kind.”

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord IS the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?

John 14:23
Jesus replied: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him.

Acts 5:3-4
But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the day upon which we worship identifies us with either the Creator or the god of this world. The Beast is the papacy and the Mark of the Beast is Sunday sacredness:

Supposing the papacy distinguished Sunday as a day set aside for Worshiping the Lord...

God set a Calendar of sorts, by days and months and man for particularly "businesses" set a different Calendar for days and months.
(Ie Georgian calendar/Julian calendar)...

And by a man's Calendar, man uses those "days" for business hours, for particular celebrations "days", etc.

Since JESUS' arrivial...and Establishment of the "CHURCH" and the "TEMPLE" WITHIN a Converted man;
the SABBATH, IMO, is no longer "A" PARTICULAR DAY to Worship the Lord.
IMO, Worshiping thee Lord God, is
Everyday, Anywhere, Anytime, without regard to a Building, or going to a Building, or having an Alter, or Incense, or Water, or Particular clothing, etc.

The prophecies are clear that the final issue is about WORSHIP and when laws are passed forcing us to worship, it is then that the Christian will have to choose between obedience to God's law or satanic papal law.

The BEAUTY of the TEMPLE WITHIN, is No one can Force you or Stop you, from Worshiping thee Lord God, Any time, Any place.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic encyclopedia

"In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together."

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Blessed Trinity

All this means is that the term “Trinity” is not used in Scripture.
This does NOT mean, however, that this doctrine is not taught – as I showed you in my last post.

The word “Incarnation” isn’t found in Scripture – but the doctrine is amply taught. The word “Bible” isn’t in the Bible – so, why call it the “Bible”?

In fact - NONE of the following words are found in the Bible – but the concepts are definitely taught.
Atheism (Psalm 14:1)
Divinity (Psalm 139)
Incarnation (John 1:1, 14)
Monotheism (Isaiah 43:10; 44:8)