The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you dancing around the issue??

“Them” includes YOU and anybody else who claims to have been born again, having an Epignosis of Christ.
Scripture warns ALL born again Christians not to fall back into darkness and lose it all . . .
No...we already addressed this, and you are just seeing it the way that suits your religion. But it's not the truth.

The truth is, those scriptures were for those who were born again, and also for those who were not born again; and you are applying what was for those among them who had learned of Christ and witnessed His coming and many miracles, but were returning to the beggarly elements after hearing the gospel without entering in, meaning, without being born again.

You are mixing the goats with the sheep, but God divides them. And this you do, because you do not know the difference between those who have entered in Christ, and those who have only learned of it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have to agree to disagree, then. But I think in the court of public opinion, it is well known which of our two churches is the real problem...too bad people can't see as clearly as did the Protestant Reformers, though.
The Protestant Reformers all disagreed with each other and would even disagree with the teachings of your church soooooo your logic makes no sense.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sigh" yes....you wrote "condemn"...I'm asking you "condemn" in the sense of WHAT???

one's actions as unBiblical, or...

one's soul to hell?
3rd time asking: How do you account for the heretical acts of your church?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary...How do you know what dead men YOU didn't know DID?

IF as you propose, THEY diligently read and learned....THEY WOULD have BY THEM SELVES entered a type of Closet and HAD a Conversation BETWEEN GOD and THEMSELVES....How did YOU get INCLUDED TO SPEAK FOR ANY MAN WHAT they may or may have NOT DONE in Private?

You're the one claiming to be PRIVY to what dead men DID, not me. I don't speak FOR them, I speak for MYSELF.

Clement...About him...
...a Philosopher

Ignatius...About him...
...servant of the pope.

Polycarp...About him...
...Fragmented letters appear he claims to have been a follower of the Apostal John's teachings.

Ireaneus...About him...
...Appears to have been a student of Polycarp's teaching.

Calvin...About him...
....Appears to have been a Defender of Jesus' teaching..and BEYOND to the point of (something it seems Catholicism teaches)...ie polemic..
Ie to focus more on "undermining the oppositions position through contentious rhetoric"....( which taken a step further, like BOL routinely does, which is to Speak FOR others False claims...THEN attempt to undermine his own words he has falsely spoken for others )

Luther...About him...
... philosopher

NOT one of these men THAT YOU brought UP their Names, have I mentioned as being someone I follow, or even Consider what they DID, or what they did have ANY affect on me.

NOT ONCE did Scripture INFORM me to ...
FOLLOW after Philosophers.
FOLLOW after someone called a pope.
FOLLOW after men.

So, WHAT is your point of YOU telling me WHAT personal things YOU believe THEY did?

Why so polemic Mary?
Why undermine and call my CLAIM Gods Understanding comes from God....A THEORY?

Did YOU go and search the Scriptures TO FIND WHERE Gods Understanding COMES FROM?

Scripture TELLS YOU, WHERE Gods Understanding Comes FROM.....AND WHERE Gods Understanding DOES NOT COME FROM...

Matt 16
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood B] hath not revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven. [/B]

WHY Do you NOT BELIEVE...
Gods Understanding DOES NOT COME FROM FLESH AND BLOOD?

WHY Do you NOT BELIEVE...
Gods Understanding COMES FROM GOD?

Surely you MUST realize your pope...IS FLESH and BLOOD! He can NOT GIVE YOU Gods Understanding! Nor can Philosophers, or men following other men.

Glory to God,
Taken
You crack me up kiddo....

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No...we already addressed this, and you are just seeing it the way that suits your religion. But it's not the truth.

The truth is, those scriptures were for those who were born again, and also for those who were not born again; and you are applying what was for those among them who had learned of Christ and witnessed His coming and many miracles, but were returning to the beggarly elements after hearing the gospel without entering in, meaning, without being born again.

You are mixing the goats with the sheep, but God divides them. And this you do, because you do not know the difference between those who have entered in Christ, and those who have only learned of it.
But as they are a small and despised number, concealed in an immense crowd, like a few grains of wheat buried among a heap of chaff, to God alone must be left the knowledge of his Church, of which his secret election forms the foundation. John Calvin

Calvin seems to equate “elect” and “Church” here, which is a false equation, and tending towards the erroneous “invisible church” notion endemic among Protestants today. Elsewhere, he understands, however, that sinners are part of a visible, institutional Church as well. Apart from that, we agree that God alone knows who the elect are. Calvin (as I have noted in a past paper) elsewhere states that no one can know for sure who is in the elect (e.g., Inst. III, 21, 2; IV, 1, 3; IV, 1, 8; IV, 12, 9; Commentary on John 6:40) . Many Calvinists today, nevertheless, sure seem to think that they know (especially where orthodox Catholics are concerned!), and they (curiously) go against the founder of their brand of Christianity.
55 Critiques of John Calvin: Introduction & Master List

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin seems to equate “elect” and “Church” here, which is a false equation, and tending towards the erroneous “invisible church” notion endemic among Protestants today. Elsewhere, he understands, however, that sinners are part of a visible, institutional Church as well. Apart from that, we agree that God alone knows who the elect are. Calvin (as I have noted in a past paper) elsewhere states that no one can know for sure who is in the elect (e.g., Inst. III, 21, 2; IV, 1, 3; IV, 1, 8; IV, 12, 9; Commentary on John 6:40) . Many Calvinists today, nevertheless, sure seem to think that they know (especially where orthodox Catholics are concerned!), and they (curiously) go against the founder of their brand of Christianity.
55 Critiques of John Calvin: Introduction & Master List
I am not sure what your point is, or how that all pertains to not rightly diving the word of truth between those of the first century who were of the dead in Christ and those of the living in Christ, and what was preached to each respectively.

BOL has been confused and wrongfully accusing those born again of the spirit of God of being sinners. By not rightly dividing what was preached to those who were not born again, he has been applying the wrong word to the wrong party.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not sure what your point is, or how that all pertains to not rightly diving the word of truth between those of the first century who were of the dead in Christ and those of the living in Christ, and what was preached to each respectively.

BOL has been confused and wrongfully accusing those born again of the spirit of God of being sinners. By not rightly dividing what was preached to those who were not born again, he has been applying the wrong word to the wrong party.
The point is, only God knows who is in the elect, and you have no business determining that. Being a sinner does not exclude a person from being in the church, as the parable of the publican clearly shows.
Luke 18:9-14

I don't know how 1st century Christians could, as you say, "rightly divide the word of truth" when the Bible did not yet exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, only God knows who is in the elect, and you have no business determining that. Being a sinner does not exclude a person from being in the church, as the parable of the publican clearly shows.
Luke 18:9-14

I don't know how 1st century Christians could, as you say, "rightly divide the word of truth" when the Bible did not yet exist.
Indeed, there are sinners in the church...but all who are in the church are not sinners, and for BOL to treat them all the same by using those passages written to sinners as if they applied to everyone, is wrong.

As for the first century Christians and "rightly dividing the word of truth"; I am not saying they did rightly divide it--just the opposite. And learning from them, now people like BOL have followed in their error of not seeing that the words that were written during that time were to both groups, some to sinners, and some not.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed, there are sinners in the church...but all who are in the church are not sinners, and for BOL to treat them all the same by using those passages written to sinners as if they applied to everyone, is wrong.
1 John 1:8 is not wrong. We are all sinners.
As for the first century Christians and "rightly dividing the word of truth"; I am not saying they did rightly divide it--just the opposite. And learning from them, now people like BOL have followed in their error of not seeing that the words that were written during that time were to both groups, some to sinners, and some not.
1 John 1:8 Deal with it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Protestant Reformers all disagreed with each other and would even disagree with the teachings of your church soooooo your logic makes no sense.
While they differed on many specific points of Scripture, history proves that they were solidly united on what are known as the "Twin Pillars of the Reformation":

1) Salvation is by grace through faith, not by works or an intercessory priesthood or pope, and...

2) The Papacy is the Antichrist/Man of Sin/First Beast of Revelation 13/Little Horn/Woman riding the Beast of Revelation 17.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3rd time asking: How do you account for the heretical acts of your church?
SDA child sex offenders should be put to death as swiftly as should catholic child sex offenders.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong person...that would be Uma Thurman in Kill Bill.

Glory to God,
Taken
Lol.....You are witty!

Clement...About him...believed to have been a student of Apostle Peter

Ignatius of Antioch AND Polycarp...About them...both believed to have been students of the Apostle John

Irenaeus...About him... a student of Polycarp's.

Calvin AND Luther......divided Christianity

Sooooooo who's written words have more value? Yours, Luther's and Calvin's or the other four?;)

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While they differed on many specific points of Scripture, history proves that they were solidly united on what are known as the "Twin Pillars of the Reformation":

1) Salvation is by grace through faith, not by works or an intercessory priesthood or pope, and...

2) The Papacy is the Antichrist/Man of Sin/First Beast of Revelation 13/Little Horn/Woman riding the Beast of Revelation 17.
You don't even know your own Christian history...do you?

They were united in denying 1,500 years of SOME of The Churches' teachings (they agreed with some of it also) but they even called each other heretic's soooooo your revision of history is baffling.....to say the least.

If "The Papacy is the Antichrist/Man of Sin/First Beast of Revelation 13/Little Horn/Woman riding the Beast of Revelation" then why did Calvin, Luther and other men that live today adhere to some of the teachings of The Church?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SDA child sex offenders should be put to death as swiftly as should catholic child sex offenders.
Put to death....Is that what your church teaches?

Is that what Scripture teaches?

Curious Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....You are witty!

Clement...About him...believed to have been a student of Apostle Peter

Ignatius of Antioch AND Polycarp...About them...both believed to have been students of the Apostle John

Irenaeus...About him... a student of Polycarp's.

Calvin AND Luther......divided Christianity

Sooooooo who's written words have more value? Yours, Luther's and Calvin's or the other four?;)

Curious Mary

My preference is the writings of the men thee Lord God directed to WRITE with mans pen and the Lord Himself who WRITES in my heart.

Those WORDS have VALUE to me and I have no shame repeating them.

Glory to God,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Put to death....Is that what your church teaches? Is that what Scripture teaches?
Mary. Please take some time to study the Old Testament. Capital punishment was applicable in a very large number of sins and crimes.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My preference is the writings of the men thee Lord God directed to WRITE with mans pen and the Lord Himself who WRITES in my heart.

Those WORDS have VALUE to me and I have no shame repeating them.

Glory to God,
Taken
Who are those men the Lord God directed to WRITE with mans pen?

Do you have some names you would like to share?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary. Please take some time to study the Old Testament. Capital punishment was applicable in a very large number of sins and crimes.
You are operating under OT laws? Do you comply with all of them?

Which OT tells us to kill child molesters?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All in the church are not sinners? What are we to make of Romans 3:23?

Who has the authority to decide if they were in error?

Curious Mary