The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I quote Jesus saying it too, and referred to the scriptures saying the same thing multiple ways. Don't take it from me if you don't want to, but I am just repeating the truth--take it from the scriptures. Don't be confused, be convinced.
I can't find in Scripture OR the post where you allegedly quoted "Jesus saying it too". Would you please share that post or passage from Scripture with me?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not opposite, but states clearly what I said: " It is God who has all authority." If He appoints His authority, it is still His; and just as even Jesus did not claim authority as His own, no one can claim any authority as their own.
Tisk tisk....You shouldn't PARTIALLY miss-quote and twist Scripture to bolster your argument.

What Scripture ACTUALLY says is, Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

Soooooo Scripture CLEARLY says we are "subject to the governing authorities" and that those authorities "have been instituted by God". Clearly God has given his authority to man (Matthew 18 and 1 Timothy).

Who are those authorities that have been instituted by God Scott?

Patient Mary

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Indeed, there are sinners in the church...but all who are in the church are not sinners, and for BOL to treat them all the same by using those passages written to sinners as if they applied to everyone, is wrong.

As for the first century Christians and "rightly dividing the word of truth"; I am not saying they did rightly divide it--just the opposite. And learning from them, now people like BOL have followed in their error of not seeing that the words that were written during that time were to both groups, some to sinners, and some not.
I don't care to have a reply to you.

I just want to tell you that the first century Christians LEARNED FROM THE APOSTLES.

The Early Christian are those who put the entire N.T. together into one book.

If you don't trust them... WHO do you trust?

The Holy Spirit?

So those that I mentioned above did NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?

The question marks show a question...
but you should not answer it since you seem to be a Christian with all your very own ideas.

Reactions: Marymog

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find in Scripture OR the post where you allegedly quoted "Jesus saying it too". Would you please share that post or passage from Scripture with me?

Patient Mary

1) The [actual] church is made of no sinners, as they have passed from death to life. But even among the twelve apostles one was a demon. Likewise, the church has its impostors, wannabes who have entered into the fold but not entered into Christ.

No, it makes the same sense as the comparable circumstance that I quoted of Jesus choosing the twelve, yet one of them was a demon.

The point is, there are those among the church who are not sinners, and there are those who are; some who have pasted from death to life; and some who perhaps would like to pass from death to life, but have not; some who walk in the Light, and some who still walk in darkness; some who walk in the Spirit, and some who walk in the flesh; some who are of the kingdom of God, and some who are of the world.
Those in bold are all me quoting the scriptures in various places in paraphrase.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi Enoch,

The homosexual act is NOT the same as child molestation......You do know that....Don't you??? So that FACT nullifies verse 26 and 27.

Verse 29-31 covers EVERY sin so child molestation would be one of them. Do you sincerely believe that gossipers, slanderers and children who are disobedient to parents should be put to death and treated the same as a child molester? Is that how you interpret that passage?

Clearly we need reliable men to PROPERLY interpret Scripture so we can fully understand it......Are you one of those men? It appears to this old gal that you are making YOURSELF the sole authority on these matters.....

Mary
Too many persons with too many personal opinions.

Jesus didn't put Peter in charge for nothing.
He was looked up to and he was consulted when problems arose.

I find even in companies and corporations....
If everyone is in charge...
NO ONE is in charge.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tisk tisk....You shouldn't PARTIALLY miss-quote and twist Scripture to bolster your argument.

What Scripture ACTUALLY says is, Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

Soooooo Scripture CLEARLY says we are "subject to the governing authorities" and that those authorities "have been instituted by God". Clearly God has given his authority to man (Matthew 18 and 1 Timothy).

Who are those authorities that have been instituted by God Scott?

Patient Mary
You claiming technical foul wins you no argument. Jesus often quoted in this same way.

"Who" is not important except in the judgement. God is no respecter of persons.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those in bold are all me quoting the scriptures in various places in paraphrase.
Translation: I took pieces and parts of Scripture. Twisted them together to fit what I believe and VIOLA.....I quoted Scripture....o_O

Thank you for your time......Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care to have a reply to you.

I just want to tell you that the first century Christians LEARNED FROM THE APOSTLES.

The Early Christian are those who put the entire N.T. together into one book.

If you don't trust them... WHO do you trust?

The Holy Spirit?

So those that I mentioned above did NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?

The question marks show a question...
but you should not answer it since you seem to be a Christian with all your very own ideas.
Even if I do not answer you because you do not want to hear it from me, you have asked questions where there are no questions--we have the answers.

The answers to those questions are written in those same books. Which say that the apostles could "not bear" all that Jesus had to say; then five out of seven of the churches of the first century named by Jesus, He quickly had "somewhat against"; and that because many "did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." Which things have come to fruition just as they were foretold. That is my report.

So...what you have said is only a half-truth. But I have pointed it out and quoted the whole truth, and you now despise me for it. But don't retract your disdain. Why should you be any different than most of Christendom? Retract rather your misrepresentation of the scriptures and turn that curse into a blessing.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Even if I do not answer you because you do not want to hear it from me, you have asked questions where there are no questions--we have the answers.

The answers to those questions are written in those same books. Which say that the apostles could "not bear" all that Jesus had to say; then five out of seven of the churches of the first century named by Jesus, He quickly had "somewhat against"; and that because many "did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." Which things have come to fruition just as they were foretold. That is my report.

So...what you have said is only a half-truth. But I have pointed it out and quoted the whole truth, and you now despise me for it. But don't retract your disdain. Why should you be any different than most of Christendom? Retract rather your misrepresentation of the scriptures and turn that curse into a blessing.
Let this be perfectly clear...
I don't despise anyone. I don't hate anyone.
I might dislike someone but it takes a lot.
YOU don't care for my writing style and it causes problems.
YOU seem to think you know everything and everyone else is wrong.
Maybe we're all like this...
All I know is that I learned from solid places...
I don't depend on the Holy Spirit for everything...
Isn't that sad?

I've heard you say before that God sends us a delusion or something or other.
This is very calvinistic.
The God I know DOES NOT send dillusions but desires us to know Him as much AS POSSIBLE...it is not possible to know God fully.

So, basically I'm answering to tell you that I don't hate anyone here,
and that you should be just a little bit more humble....

Mathew 5:3-9 (or is it 10).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translation: I took pieces and parts of Scripture. Twisted them together to fit what I believe and VIOLA.....I quoted Scripture....o_O

Thank you for your time......Mary
Jesus quoted in the same way. You mock us both.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't put Peter in charge for nothing.
Jesus disagrees with you GG:

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, LORD," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." 16Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" He answered, "Yes, LORD, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." 17The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "LORD, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

Peter was made the final decision at the Council of Jerusalem, gave the sermon at Pentecost, always listed first among the Apostles, 2nd only to Jesus as the number of times mentioned by name in Scripture, recognized by the Apostolic and Church Fathers as the leader of The Church after the death of Jesus etc. etc.

Scripture and history teach opposite of what you believe....;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claiming technical foul wins you no argument. Jesus often quoted in this same way.

"Who" is not important except in the judgement. God is no respecter of persons.
It's not a matter of winning. It is the matter of truth and completely quoting scripture instead of twisting it....;)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let this be perfectly clear...
I don't despise anyone. I don't hate anyone.
I might dislike someone but it takes a lot.
YOU don't care for my writing style and it causes problems.
YOU seem to think you know everything and everyone else is wrong.
Maybe we're all like this...
All I know is that I learned from solid places...
I don't depend on the Holy Spirit for everything...
Isn't that sad?

I've heard you say before that God sends us a delusion or something or other.
This is very calvinistic.
The God I know DOES NOT send dillusions but desires us to know Him as much AS POSSIBLE...it is not possible to know God fully.

So, basically I'm answering to tell you that I don't hate anyone here,
and that you should be just a little bit more humble....

Mathew 5:3-9 (or is it 10).
Your actions reveal you. (It's all here in quotes.)

Even here (above) you blame some group, while you yourself deny the God of the bible and His words (which I have just quoted...again).

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
"Because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus quoted in the same way. You mock us both.
LOL....Thank you Scott.....It sounds like you are comparing yourself to Jesus....IMO.

Once you show me Scripture (of which you have not done) that Jesus said what you allege he said your words are only YOUR words....not His.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If everyone is in charge...
NO ONE is in charge.
EXACTLY.....which is why Jesus put Peter in charge. And then someone else was in charge after him and so on and so on for 2,000 years.

You have described the office of the Pope in 10 words.....better then I could have done.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a matter of winning. It is the matter of truth and completely quoting scripture instead of twisting it....;)
I quote the same way Jesus did. You on the other hand only quote half...and then I have to quote the other half, and your claws come out. It's all here.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....Thank you Scott.....It sounds like you are comparing yourself to Jesus....IMO.

Once you show me Scripture (of which you have not done) that Jesus said what you allege he said your words are only YOUR words....not His.

Mary
It's all here. Showing you isn't enough.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All in the church are not sinners? What are we to make of Romans 3:23?

Who has the authority to decide if they were in error?

Curious Mary
We identify "first century Christians" as the beginning of the historic institutional Church.
Many non-denoms identify a band of first century "true believers", some allegedly corrupted by this same Church, but are unable to prove the existence of a group of "true believers" apart from the historic institutional Church. They can't even name one of them. It's Baptist Succession mythology.
In order to explain away God's promises of infallibility and indefectibility, they redefine what "church" means, and are faced with the impossible task of writing 2nd and 3rd century developments by the Bible Alone. So they ignore it. Or worse, revise history to fit their man made tradition of a supposedly non-infallible church.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll remind you that it was after the PAPAL JESUITS the Nazi regime of Hitler modeled its SS, not SDAs - a most unwelcome truth to papists, is it not?
False. Isaiah is clear that whatever is spoken by men must conform to the Word of God (Isaiah 8:20 KJV). You papists insist that "tradition" is higher than the Word of God, and we all know what Jesus said about making "tradition" stand above the Word of God, right? (Matthew 15:1-9 KJV). This passage is an absolute perfect description of the error you papists practice.
You are twisting Scripture to suit the desires of your apostate church. No where does the Bible state that the church is the final authority - it is the Body. JESUS CHRIST and HIS WORD are the final authority.

I am aware that you think the pope is "Jesus Christ hidden under the veil of flesh" and use that as part of the basis for justifying your blasphemous beliefs, but that is false. The pope is an ordinary sinner in need of the same grace as the rest of us.
Once again, whatever exposes your apostate church as the papal Antichrist that it is, you argue "opinion" or "poetic language" or "not sanctioned church doctrine". Then why didn't church authorities immediately censure/excommunicate those responsible for this "heresy", Dead Bread? For the same reason the church does not hand over your pedophile papists child predators to the police, Dead Bread: the church APPROVES of such demonic beliefs and practices.
[/QUOTE]
Please stop, in the name of Jesus!....this grieves the Holy Spirit so much when brethren slander one another over differences.
Where there is envy and strife there is envy form of evil.
Agree to disagree...it is God who works in us to do His Will.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
EXACTLY.....which is why Jesus put Peter in charge. And then someone else was in charge after him and so on and so on for 2,000 years.

You have described the office of the Pope in 10 words.....better then I could have done.
OK.
But to be intellectually honest,,,both of us have to admit that Peter was not the first POPE.

The CC goes back AFTER THE OFFICIAL PAPACY was established and gave the title of POPE to ALL the BISHOPS OF ROME, from the time of Peter.

This does not diminish his role in the early church...
but if we could keep history straight,,,it'll help those that argue this to death.
horse.gif

Do you at least know what I'm talking about and could we agree on this?