The Church The Papacy Says You Should Join

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or just not interested in an argument and being continually disrespected in such a way (as I've said many times). It's really leaving me with a negative impression of the SDA posters on here.
But Jane, if you could just be a good little girl and follow the religious minority, God may look on you with favor?

B

brakelite

All Christians agree that it's important to honor God in the Sabbath and have a day of rest.

Originally this was done on what we now call Saturday. After Christ's resurrection was on Sunday, culturally majority of Christian moved their day of honoring God and rest (aka their Sabbath day) to Sunday, and still honor Him every 7 days. The focus was on the spirit and remembering to honor the Lord. All of this was done before the pre-Orthodox/Catholic Church came really to organized.

The Christian denomination, Seventh Day Adventists, have a tenet of their beliefs that this day should still correlate to Saturday. Some SDA folks are quite adament about this / hostile to others. Such is their beliefs / practices.
Just 24 hours ago you were happy to discuss it, and use your perspective to counter the original tenet of the thread and opening post, but now when we point out a flaw in your point of view, it becomes an argument...disrespect...and ramming it down your throat? But of course you are not alone JD. The entire "cultural majority" can't face up to that same question...whose authority is greater?

B

brakelite

But Jane, if you could just be a good little girl and follow the religious minority, God may look on you with favor?
Nor is it the authority of the minority. We aren't advocating man as being any authority in this matter. It is God alone who decides which day is designated as the true Sabbath. No cultural majority or minority, nor any government, church, ecclesiastical council, theological professor or any individual can dictate what anyone else accepts as truth. And that @Waiting on him was the thrust of the OP. The RCC claiming authority over the consciences of man...over Europe in the dark ages...and globally in the not too distant future. And Sunday observance will be the very heart of the controversy between those who keep God's commandments, and those who don't. This entire discussion is not an "argument" for goodness sake. It's a matter of whose authority is greater. Man or God. Where is the argument for goodness sake? Dare anyone claim it is man over God? Yet by our practice we illustrate our surrender to the "cultural majority" over God. How can we be so blind to not see how our actions are contrary to our professions?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just 24 hours ago you were happy to discuss it, and use your perspective to counter the original tenet of the thread and opening post, but now when we point out a flaw in your point of view, it becomes an argument...disrespect...and ramming it down your throat? But of course you are not alone JD. The entire "cultural majority" can't face up to that same question...whose authority is greater?
I'm happy to have respectful conversation, where the goal is to better understand each other.
Not to have an argument wherein people just want to argue for their position and ignore the other.
I said repeatedly that I'm not interested in an agreement. You continued to ignore me and try to press the argument, no matter how many times I said "no thank you", you still shove. It is incredibly disrespectful and I'm now I'm REALLY not interested speaking with you.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor is it the authority of the minority. We aren't advocating man as being any authority in this matter. It is God alone who decides which day is designated as the true Sabbath. No cultural majority or minority, nor any government, church, ecclesiastical council, theological professor or any individual can dictate what anyone else accepts as truth. And that @Waiting on him was the thrust of the OP. The RCC claiming authority over the consciences of man...over Europe in the dark ages...and globally in the not too distant future. And Sunday observance will be the very heart of the controversy between those who keep God's commandments, and those who don't. This entire discussion is not an "argument" for goodness sake. It's a matter of whose authority is greater. Man or God. Where is the argument for goodness sake? Dare anyone claim it is man over God? Yet by our practice we illustrate our surrender to the "cultural majority" over God. How can we be so blind to not see how our actions are contrary to our professions?
You are doing the same thing as the Catholic Church. My conscience is clear.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
B

brakelite

I'm happy to have respectful conversation, where the goal is to better understand each other.
Not to have an argument wherein people just want to argue for their position and ignore the other.
I said repeatedly that I'm not interested in an agreement. You continued to ignore me and try to press the argument, no matter how many times I said "no thank you", you still shove. It is incredibly disrespectful and I'm now I'm REALLY not interested speaking with you.
A brake-light ceases to shine only when the danger is past. But you are welcome to ignore it JD, no ill feelings, and believe me, I am not in this for an argument or to ram anything down your throat. This just happens to be a topic I am absolutely passionate about...it is after all part and parcel with the gospel. Lights are not made to be hidden under bushels.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A brake-light ceases to shine only when the danger is past. But you are welcome to ignore it JD, no ill feelings, and believe me, I am not in this for an argument or to ram anything down your throat. This just happens to be a topic I am absolutely passionate about...it is after all part and parcel with the gospel. Lights are not made to be hidden under bushels.
I acknowledge you passion. But that doesn't give you a right to completely disrespect another and keep shoving when they say "no thank you".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom ever will be chief among you will be your servant. Just as the son of man came to serve.
It’s not verbatim but that’s the Spirit of it

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I imagine people in general think Jesus was a nice guy and they conjure up some image of peace and love and God forbid controversy.
They have done the same with the word love which is generally defined as what goes into their belly and what hangs off it.
I have come to learn that 'nice' and the word 'love' have morphed and become unrecognisable from their intent.
Nice has become an agreeable person without backbone who bends to the will of the majority. This is not the Jesus I read about in the scriptures neither is it his definition of love. The Jesus I read about is a man of grit, sharper than a samurai sword. He is nobody's fool. He treads a path of determined resolve calling the cultural majority to account. Long suffering for sure, gentle with the broken yet not giving the self important, self sufficient double tongued space to trap him. He is jealous for his Fathers Law and is prepared to die for it's integrity.
Yes, nice sucks!

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Christians agree that it's important to honor God in the Sabbath and have a day of rest.

Originally this was done on what we now call Saturday. After Christ's resurrection was on Sunday, culturally majority of Christian moved their day of honoring God and rest (aka their Sabbath day) to Sunday, and still honor Him every 7 days. The focus was on the spirit and remembering to honor the Lord. All of this was done before the pre-Orthodox/Catholic Church came really to organized.

The Christian denomination, Seventh Day Adventists, have a tenet of their beliefs that this day should still correlate to Saturday. Some SDA folks are quite adament about this / hostile to others. Such is their beliefs / practices.

Hello Jane_Doe22 - I haven't seen you in awhile. That's interesting - I was raised Catholic and never even thought of when the CC came into being until you mentioned it.

B

brakelite

Hello Jane_Doe22 - I haven't seen you in awhile. That's interesting - I was raised Catholic and never even thought of when the CC came into being until you mentioned it.
SG, I also was raised Catholic. And Jane Doe is quite correct in saying that Sunday came into being an established doctrine solely on church authority...succumbing to a majority cultural opinion, influenced by pagan peer pressure in the 4th century. What JD finds it difficult to do, is face the obvious and admit she and her church also are subservient to that same earthly authority by observing Sunday and rejecting God's authority and His holy day, the 7th day Sabbath. Don't follow her example.
And whether the SDA church by their teaching and example ought be declared to be hostile, judge ye.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Papacy is a manifestation of apostate Christianity. But it has nothing to do with the reign of the Antichrist, other than succumb to his rule. Some say that a future pope will be the False Prophet, but that has no solid biblical basis.

My father was the most moral person I've known and he was a staunch Catholic. He never read the Bible but he lived the Christian faith more than I've seen others do. I haven't sorted out all my ideas about it yet.

I was shocked at just how apostate the entire church as a whole is getting. I signed up to get prophecy alerts from Christian News Network and am taken aback at how churches are compromising with the world in just a short time. We attended a very strict Presbyterian church and couldn't believe how much they changed in a short time. It's like all the foundations are being shaken. It made me think of this verse:

Hebrews 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SG, I also was raised Catholic. And Jane Doe is quite correct in saying that Sunday came into being an established doctrine solely on church authority...succumbing to a majority cultural opinion, influenced by pagan peer pressure in the 4th century. What JD finds it difficult to do, is face the obvious and admit she and her church also are subservient to that same earthly authority by observing Sunday and rejecting God's authority and His holy day, the 7th day Sabbath. Don't follow her example.
And whether the SDA church by their teaching and example ought be declared to be hostile, judge ye.

I've heard of those opposed to the SDA church - and many other denominations - but I always recall the booklet that God used to show me what had happened to me: that I had been spiritually reborn. It was "Steps to Christ" from the SDA church. I was so thankful for that booklet years ago and thankful for whoever left it for others to read. I had been very confused by the radio preachers and name it and claim it hucksters. I knew so little back then and didn't even know about spiritual rebirth. I didn't seek it, but I came to understand that I had been spiritually reborn from that booklet. I got copies for my family recently as a matter of fact. So I don't believe that God would use a false church to show me what had happened to me, because back then all I had was God. I didn't know any Christians and when I returned to our Catholic church to speak with the priest, he couldn't guide me - probably because looking back, he most likely wasn't spiritually reborn himself. Not saying that no Catholics are, just that I don't believe that priest was or our conversation would have been much deeper - more than him telling me the CC was the holy mother church.

I'm not going to veer off into another direction this late in the game:) I just never thought of when the Catholic church was even formed - and I know that different people/ denominations hold various beliefs. I went to mass every Sunday, went through CCD classes and I don't know how the CC even came into being, why, or when. In trying to sort it out, looking back I don't think there were any generational Christians on the Catholic side of my family. But my great-grandfather was a pastor on my mother's side. When my mother married my father she had to promise to raise any children Catholic. That annoys me because I feel that I missed out on Protestant teaching growing up and I think someone in my mother's side dropped the ball.

I'm not sure of the Sabbath day issue yet. It's not something that I feel an inclination to study - I have a desire to learn Revelations because of all that is happening in the world now.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a desire to learn Revelations because of all that is happening in the world now.
Go for it SG, it is an open book and fits hand in glove with the book of Daniel. The time is upon us with events moving rapidly behind the scenes. God will direct and guide if the heart is willing.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, we're disagreeing on what the important part of the commandment is here. I acknowledge your views and don't see any benefit in arguing about it.
Here's the benefit right here: "Blessed are they which do His commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life and may enter into the gates to the city." - Revelation 22:14 KJV

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments" and those who love Jesus always strive to keep His commandments as written by Him on stone, not by the papacy in a catechism :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You twisted my words to mean their opposite. Where did I say Gentiles become Jews or Jews become Gentiles? I was making a case for Jewish identity of Jews. Is that how you also twist Scripture?
The verse you are misapplying refers to our identity in Christ as His Body...'there is neither...etc.', otherwise Christians might as well join the world in it's gender confusion lol.
Huh?
My man....do you think there's ANYBODY on this here forum...
that DOES NOT know that Jesus was Jewish?

And I've already asked you to GIVE US SOME CREDIT for intelligence.

Thanks you.

P.S. I NEVER twist scripture.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard of those opposed to the SDA church - and many other denominations - but I always recall the booklet that God used to show me what had happened to me: that I had been spiritually reborn. It was "Steps to Christ" from the SDA church. I was so thankful for that booklet years ago and thankful for whoever left it for others to read. I had been very confused by the radio preachers and name it and claim it hucksters. I knew so little back then and didn't even know about spiritual rebirth. I didn't seek it, but I came to understand that I had been spiritually reborn from that booklet. I got copies for my family recently as a matter of fact. So I don't believe that God would use a false church to show me what had happened to me, because back then all I had was God. I didn't know any Christians and when I returned to our Catholic church to speak with the priest, he couldn't guide me - probably because looking back, he most likely wasn't spiritually reborn himself. Not saying that no Catholics are, just that I don't believe that priest was or our conversation would have been much deeper - more than him telling me the CC was the holy mother church.

I'm not going to veer off into another direction this late in the game:) I just never thought of when the Catholic church was even formed - and I know that different people/ denominations hold various beliefs. I went to mass every Sunday, went through CCD classes and I don't know how the CC even came into being, why, or when. In trying to sort it out, looking back I don't think there were any generational Christians on the Catholic side of my family. But my great-grandfather was a pastor on my mother's side. When my mother married my father she had to promise to raise any children Catholic. That annoys me because I feel that I missed out on Protestant teaching growing up and I think someone in my mother's side dropped the ball.

I'm not sure of the Sabbath day issue yet. It's not something that I feel an inclination to study - I have a desire to learn Revelations because of all that is happening in the world now.
There is only one other woman author in American history who has been published more than Ellen White - she is Alice A. Bailey, the occultist, channeller of "Dwal Khul" aka Satan, Luciferian "prophetess" of the New Age.

Sister White did absolutely nothing but point people back to the Bible and to place their faith solely in the Cross of Jesus Christ as our only hope for salvation - not Sabbath keeping, not works or any sort, not anything else.

Did A. A. Bailey do that? She, along with Joanna Southcott, Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Edgar Cayce, H. P. Blavatsky, N. V. Peale, C. T. Russell, Pope Pius, Nostradamus, Aleister Crowley, and the rest of the "prophets" of that era did nothing but undermine the teachings of the Bible and point people away from Christ.

Steps to Christ, though small and easily read, is a giant among the Christian classics and if anyone would bother to read it, they'd immediately see that the all the negativity out there about this dear woman is the work of the enemy of souls who hates the Spirit of Prophecy.

Reactions: brakelite