THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because it's not all fleshy.
I don't know what that means.
Ive done alot of work for God.
So now let God do a work in you.
God can't stop many things on a positive note.
Again David, I don't get what you mean.

You will never, ever properly understand spiritual matters or the things of God without the Holy Spirit. All those cliched phrases like 'seeing the light' or 'having our eyes opened' are true. After you turn to Jesus Spiritual things start to make sense. No matter what people tell you, unless you are led by the Spirit to accept Jesus, nothing will make sense. That turning though must be from the heart not the head. Logic doesn't come into it.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Oh so you mean God can stop things on a positive note? Like perfect love casts out all fear? I think that's good.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God I'm sorry for my sins please forgive me. Forgiveness is good. It's what I do and is of the essence. It's of God and God is good.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Well as a matter of fact, according to the Bible every sin is indeed a choice. Every person always has choices. And it all began with Adam and Eve, who failed to make the right choices when they could have EASILY done so.

But James 1 gives us the progression of sin.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. [A CHOICE]

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
What about repentance?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't know what that means.

So now let God do a work in you.

Again David, I don't get what you mean.

You will never, ever properly understand spiritual matters or the things of God without the Holy Spirit. All those cliched phrases like 'seeing the light' or 'having our eyes opened' are true. After you turn to Jesus Spiritual things start to make sense. No matter what people tell you, unless you are led by the Spirit to accept Jesus, nothing will make sense. That turning though must be from the heart not the head. Logic doesn't come into it.
Well.. that reminds me of my past. I was lead to Jesus and he loved me yet as a sinner.. it's in the Bible and it was acted out in my life. I felt strong love for the first time and I was starting to love Jesus. He is good and a great example as he's a God. I felt the holy spirit for the first time and I cried. I liked Jesus and the Earth and I was the salt of the universe. I love creation and evolution. God is good. Spiritual things started to make alot of sense. But I was still me. That's the unique gift.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You always have to maintain a balance and what makes you you. Patience helps and is a virtue. So is love and understanding.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Having a balance helps in spiritual things as it helps many avenues of your mind you may be spiritual but you are still the cool side or salt of you. Spiritual salt is healthy. It's good to stay young And lively and be a better person if and when you can if you have grave sins.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I repented and received the holy spirit and I repent now. Please accept it father. Please forgive us for the times we did not love.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is good and a great example as he's a God.
That sound good so what happened. JWs believe Jesus is 'a' god, so does that mean you were or are a JW. Jesus is 'the' God with us on earth - Immanuel. Do you still love him? Because it sound like you are in doubt now.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about repentance?
Here is a good example of repentance:

JONAH 3-- "let them turn every one from his evil way"
1 And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered
him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
7 And he caused
it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that
is in their hands.

9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did
it not.

So repentance is a TURNING AWAY from sin and evil, and a turning to God for forgiveness and salvation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see why everyone has to follow God why they can't be free to live how they want.

Question

Why have you checked the box on your profile calling yourself a Christian.

By reading all your posts , you obviously do not believe that a Christian is a person who obeys, loves and follows God in their daily life.

Washed in The Blood of The Lamb?

Do you have a solid christian person close to you? A church? Where you can get your many questions answered?

Reactions: Pearl

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
That sound good so what happened. JWs believe Jesus is 'a' god, so does that mean you were or are a JW. Jesus is 'the' God with us on earth - Immanuel. Do you still love him? Because it sound like you are in doubt now.
Yes I still have it. Love for him. He's balanced and I am too.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Question

Why have you checked the box on your profile calling yourself a Christian.

Because I ran out of time to get the father.

By reading all your posts , you obviously do not believe that a Christian is a person who obeys, loves and follows God in their daily life.
Yes I do. As a matter of fact I have lived that way for a while.
Washed in The Blood of The Lamb?

Do you have a solid christian person close to you? A church? Where you can get your many questions answered?[/
No. But I know what it's like to be saved and have alot of responsibilities. As on behalf of God and Jesus and God is family, am I right?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I checked christian because I am one when it comes to my understanding and discipline.

Reactions: Nancy